• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dota2

Jamwa

Smash Champion
In retrospect, it is not surprising he can get so many kills without deaths, even if the account wasnt a smurf

Slark is da bess, after all

Splice

Smash Hero
Seriously though you should start buying Shadow Blade on Slark.
On Slark it not only gives you invis, backstab and movement speed, it also technically gives you regeneration due to his passive.

It makes a lot of sense and Shadow Blade is way cheap so you aren't delaying anything else that much anyway.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Seriously though you should start buying Shadow Blade on Slark.
On Slark it not only gives you invis, backstab and movement speed, it also technically gives you regeneration due to his passive.

It makes a lot of sense and Shadow Blade is way cheap so you aren't delaying anything else that much anyway.
It's a big investment on something that can be prevented by gem/wards (which makes its purchase situational, because you're already invis and the likelihood the other team gets detection is highish), but otherwise its great because you can invis in, use ult, and then invis out.

Good utility, but risky, because you will be squish without the str from SnY/Bash/Skadi

Splice

Smash Hero
I personally wouldn't be getting it as my first big item.
This guy has a non-smurf account and still gets lothars on Slark every game in a higher MM than you or I. It definitely has utility that can't be rendered worthless by a couple of sentries and gems. Not to mention, ShadowBlade is actually cheaper than 3000 because it costs the enemy money to counter. Imagine if you kill two gems over a game. Your ShadowBlade only cost your team 1800 Gold more than it cost the enemy team, and that whole time it was providing damage, movespeed and a critical/backstab. And when it isn't getting countered it's like a free heart for Slark because of his passive.

SHADOWBLADE IMBA NERF PLEASE

a.k.a. buff track moar pls

Splice

Smash Hero
Can somebody buy the Ethereal Haunt set for Spectre and trade it to me

My virtues are against spending real money for in game cosmetics so I can't do it myself
But I can trade for way more than it's worth

eep
^_^

Splice

Smash Hero
I love to stalk my enemies with my magic wand to get charges and I oonly use it when it's fully charged. However my friends say that it's not effective and I should release the charges as fast as I can so my enemies won't have time to react. Should I take that advice? How do you use your own wand?

Splice

Smash Hero
Windrunner, you have nice lines.

...Is that supposed to be her bow string?

Splice

Smash Hero
My body has succesfully adapted to waking up at 4:30am now
TI3 all morning ezpz

MR_Scribble

Smash Cadet
iv started getting into dota and im still pretty bad atm, and anyway im just wondering whats the counter for drow ranger, every time i fight her she ends up kicking my ass and i cant run away due to frost arrows, also the invisible guys like riki and bounty hunter everytime i get close to killing them they just go invisible apprently there is like some potion in the store that counters that, but what do you guys think?
btw i play dragon knight just cause he seems like a simple char and i seem to do okay with him

EDIT: Just in general tips or whatever would be good aswell

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
watch purges videos, if you dont even know what to do about countering invisible heroes i wouldnt worry about countering a single hero (drow) yet

SHuVL-Smash

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys. I've recently started dota, as my sig says, lol should i main a specific character or more tan one??????? and if anyone wants to add me on steam or dota my name is exactly the same as this. lol

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
dota doesnt have mains

you should learn as many as possible, if not all heroes

dota is a game of time, practice and patience to get good

have fun playing 400+ games before even feeling half decent

unless you play in a real team then you can get away within only knowing how to do a few things but hey not all of us are bulldog

Dekar289

Smash Hero
play nature's prophet and jungle
rush midas and farm/push lanes all game
ult should always be on cooldown
if you lose it's your team's fault
/dota2

MR_Scribble

Smash Cadet
Remember to blame the Russian player on your team and always pick meepo.

Obviously don't do what I said above but I started playing a little while ago and iv picked up on a few thing, tangos over healing slave I found to be easier for new players cause if you get hit it doesn't stop, patience is really important, you really cant do much by yourself so push/defend with your team or at least a team mate you'll be a free kill otherwise, when taking lanes since your learning try and stay away from the mid lane, try playing ranged hero's (I personally found them easier) and its difficult to pick a hero when you start but some I learned with are Dragon knight, Venomancer and Lion (lions ultimate, the R button is ridiculous). And if you have no idea about a hero you want to learn just google him and there will always be heaps of guides out there.

Most of what I said is probs **** but hopefully some of it is useful

Top Bottom