• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DotA 2: 6.83 patch, The International 5 on the way!

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Would tranquil boots be good on meepo? I assume each clone would have the ability to heal themselves (while farming a lane or jungle this would be important) while also giving a very high move speed.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Would tranquil boots be good on meepo? I assume each clone would have the ability to heal themselves (while farming a lane or jungle this would be important) while also giving a very high move speed.
I love tranquils on Meepo. It makes jungling and laning a breeze with him.

My item build is

tranquils -> mek -> (blink if you are dominating otherwise)vlads (disassemble tranquils) -> treads/bots -> game should be over. If you are getting another item I'm sorry to say but you are past your peak.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Played a game last night. I think the enemy team were pros, or at least an experienced coordinated group. At the 20 minute mark we lost the final team battle at our mid tier 2. They took all outer towers and dived past the tier 3/4 and fountain camped for 20 minutes. It was really obnoxious and some people on my team reported them all for ability abuse.

I got a friend invite from one guy on my team, and generally I accept all friend invites despite not really remembering him personally (the game was over too fast). He invites me to a party today and I accept; we end up playing a few games, the last of which we had 5 people in a skype call.

We lost the last game in 31 minutes, but it wasn't **** by any means. They had a very strong push team (leshrac and nature proph) and we didn't feed very much (i checked at 17 minutes, we were 5-7). There were some things we definitely could have done better and overall it was a really satisfying game. The loss really boils down to lack of map control from losing lanes early on, which allowed their carry to farm quite a bit.

Their carry was TA, wouldn't happen to be the same game, Cinbad? ;)

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Sweet man thanks I definite will. In the last 48 hours i've met a bunch of really cool guys interested in group play which has been really fun. I can't tell if my MMR is going up or if i'm just getting lucky or what (probably a combination of them all).

game i just played. 8 stacks of ancients, I had soul ring and boots of travel at 11 min. Wisp and Kotl were friends and did some really cool things. I still don't understand everything about wisp, but i think i understand more. I never thought of the synergy between chakra magic and wisp's link, but it *****. Can't wait to play with them more :)

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
200 last hits as PA/BH/Void/DK by 35 mins is always fun

edit: yohoho looking at AM in that game sveet :)

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Yeah I was just looking at those Mic. I want Bfly and Vanguard so bad. I'd bring them with me everywhere and be a friggin bawss

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
dk/panda jungle support.

get on my level

i only play with 5 stacks usually, so we get some pretty dumb lineups

i usually just random and do mid not matter what. every now and again i counter pick and mid with that. mid like 9/10 games unless with a proper team.

mid ES is pretty shocking ill tell you that

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
It's like Christmas everytime IceFrog releases a massive patch.

Had to read it twice when I saw Phantom Lancer agi gain from 2.8 to 4.2. Dayum

Finally, Bristleback heck yes! 400 quill cap damage, this is gonna be fun

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Biggest changes this patch.

Bristleback increased quill damage

Shadowfiend suicide bomber

Tauren Chieftan Ancestral Spirit control

Greater bash goes through bkb, and no buff indicator of charge.

I have no experience with Phoenix or Pitlord.

PL agility gain

Drow aura, slow, and increased agi.

Necro E.

Forcestaff nerfs.

Clockwerk keeps people in cogs or they get burned for a lot(200 hp mana).

Morphling Nerfs.

Lycans jungle is ****ed

Medusa looks really good again. (the 5% increase is really really good. and the stronger mana shield is frightening)

Batrider buffs.

Enfeeble no longer being dispelled.

However, the absolute biggest thing in the patch is this.

* Captain's Mode first ban phase now has 2 bans instead of 3
* Captain's Mode second ban phase now has 3 bans instead of 2

I think people are overhyping Treants changes.

wezai

Smash Journeyman
^ I like Treant's Living Armor changes. It's like a mix of old and new. I missed that! :3

And I love this patch, so many changes, so many new strats, so many things to test.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
I was very iffy on the 3 bans to 2 bans captain's mode.

Then someone mentioned how first bans should be less about insta-banning heroes ( which is what it felt like to me) and more about getting rid of threats to your strat. The 3 bans afterwards is great for counterpicking and so on. I don't mind the changes, although more broken heroes will get through.

Surprised that naga's ult didn't get touched, seeing as it's so despised by viewers for killing hype and flow when used to escape. Not even a CD increase? 60 seconds at lvl 3 is lame, Naga ult+tele escape errday.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I was very iffy on the 3 bans to 2 bans captain's mode.

Then someone mentioned how first bans should be less about insta-banning heroes ( which is what it felt like to me) and more about getting rid of threats to your strat. The 3 bans afterwards is great for counterpicking and so on. I don't mind the changes, although more broken heroes will get through.

Surprised that naga's ult didn't get touched, seeing as it's so despised by viewers for killing hype and flow when used to escape. Not even a CD increase? 60 seconds at lvl 3 is lame, Naga ult+tele escape errday.
I like the 3 bans after more. So its more intuitive since you are already given 3 picks.

Vyke

Smash Champion
That Atrophy Aura on Pit Lord looks really nice. It's already way more useful than the old Expulsion, which was already way too situational. BKB no longer able to be sold, looool

D

Deleted member

i sincerely wish

i played this game instead of league for a year and a half

[DSGJSDGPKNGO:)IEWH"_{JIFg0hae being bad SUX

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
This patch has brought an end to cheese push strats with the nerf of lycan

We are now in a new era of ricing and turtling
Not quite. They buffed a lot of things that help pushing and ganking. Its going to allow turtling to become a viable strat again. Push strats aren't gone.

edit:

I still think that Treant is being very much so overhyped. Dots are going to be very strong against him. His ult while it is strong doesn't do nearly enough. I don't think he is worth the pick up overall. I think that SK, ES, and Tide are far better picks. I may be completely wrong and find out that treant is the **** and that dots don't do anything against him. But, I hope I'm right. The turtlicious playstyle of Treant isn't very fun. He can't be nearly as active early game as SK, ES, and Tide he just kind of will sit there get exp and be a heal bot for a solo lane, i guess.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The changes to SB, not sure how I feel about that. Everyting looks nice but the change of greater bash getting the +dam based on movespeed. Feels almost like a nerf, since afaik the greater bash % hasn't changed, so that'd be less hits with the +movespeed damage.

wezai

Smash Journeyman
The changes to SB, not sure how I feel about that. Everyting looks nice but the change of greater bash getting the +dam based on movespeed. Feels almost like a nerf, since afaik the greater bash % hasn't changed, so that'd be less hits with the +movespeed damage.
Spirit Breaker is undergoing stuff that changes the way he can be played early game. Now he can get early levels of Charge of Darkness and Greater Bash and gank early on. All his ganks would be almost a guaranteed kill because he moves so fast now, specially with that charge, and without wards, there's no way the enemies can see you coming, by the moment you see him crossing the tress in your lane it's too late already.

Before people didn't know if they build him as a ganker or as a carry because his starting damage was so good with one level in Empowering Haste, that he could farm a lot. I was testing him, he is so much more team-oriented now (which I like). And his aura now is also much more like an aura, giving a meaningful ms speed to allies. Grab a cheap drums of endurance with him, urn of shadows and go gank 24/7.

At least that is how I am playing him right now, might have to change or adapt if other ways of playing him seem more successful. :)

wezai

Smash Journeyman
What'd they change empowering haste to?
You no longer gain damage based on you movement speed (means that if you level your aura you won't get more damage for auto-attacks like before).

But now Empowering Haste gives more movement speed as an aura. Before it was arguably sub-par for the team as a whole.

From the change-log:

- Empowering Haste no longer increases Spirit Breaker's damage
- Empowering Haste movement bonus aura rescaled from 6/8/10/12% to 6/10/14/18%

18% is so good compared to 12% at level 4. Try playing with a friend and go for Bara + Omni and both of you get your aura first just for fun. Buy Drums and Orb of Venom and watch your enemies' sad face. Plus, Repel + Charge of Darkness is a good initiation. :3

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
I think people are overhyping Treants changes.
no way dude. You can heal towers while pushing, meaning you don't even have to go back to defend in some circumstances. This completely changes high level decision making. No longer is it necessary to stop a push to defend a tower when you are ahead in the game.

Also, his ultimate is so strong now. Look for tree+batrider combos. Batrider, even after death, will keep napalm out. nearly 5 seconds guaranteed napalm damage in teamfights. Batrider can dive anybody anywhere at anytime with tree buffing him crossmap. The two of them are going to be a staple combo in high level play I think

This patch has brought an end to cheese push strats with the nerf of lycan

We are now in a new era of ricing and turtling
...no lol
it means there's one less hero that can auto rax you for pushing a lane without tps, though
i sincerely wish

i played this game instead of league for a year and a half

[DSGJSDGPKNGO:)IEWH"_{JIFg0hae being bad SUX
I wish my real life friends thought like you did. They absolutely refuse to leave LoL, and consider themselves competitive gamers. I can't help but see the irony when these are the same people who never play melee with me but would always beg me to play Brawl

not being elitist, I just don't enjoy playing ****ty games

this is what a dota 2 player looks like
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8034/8049259623_e6a83e64ba_k.jpg

D

Deleted member

my biggest problem with league is the 'low' skillcap. Due to lack of technical depth, its very easy to hit skill ceiling or get really close. Knowing what to do is usually enough because with exception of some team fights, execution isn't really that tough.

and almost all the fun champs I like got nerfed while subsequently GHEY champs get buffed

its also boring as **** to watch

==

with that being said theres some parts of league i like such as Chogath

===

is it possible to buy early boots+ orb of venom from side shop and slow/ auto attack them to death with a melee champ vs some guy u owned early with no boots? Or is it dumb/ I should get something like Urn instead

Top Bottom