• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Doodah Presents: Come To My House(Chu Will Be There!)

FlowinWater

Smash Champion
Camping is greatest!

Forget bout mind games
Forget bout tech skill

If you can camp you can win.

I wonder if i can still do my wavedashing ish when i play this game again.

also Darkshy u any good at all u give me the vibe that u aint. I want to team with someone good since i havent played in months! Ill prob get wrecked by everybody now!

HOLLA

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
I vote MLG rules.

I plan on attending, with Inui and maybe some others in my car

I will have my cube, disc, card, recorder, and if you really need, a television.

darkshy

Smash Ace
Camping is greatest!

Forget bout mind games
Forget bout tech skill

If you can camp you can win.

I wonder if i can still do my wavedashing ish when i play this game again.

also Darkshy u any good at all u give me the vibe that u aint. I want to team with someone good since i havent played in months! Ill prob get wrecked by everybody now!

HOLLA
I decided I'm not gonna do doubles. I hate 'em lots. Mabey we can play some friendlies though?

Peachtress

Smash Ace
I've never seen you play, but I've seen you bring this issue up many times before.

Your problem is, you're being snared by the same tyro trap 98% of the Smash players in this community manage to meander into. This is greater than the simple "Tech Skill > Mind Games" philosophy real scrubs get caught up in.

Tell me. Have you ever done anything competitive prior to Smash (Sports etc.)? This is important.

There's a reason players like Azen do well with a lack of technical skill: These players are completely comfortable with their level of tech skill. It has nothing to do with them aspiring or even coveting a higher level of technical ambidexterity. They simply dovetail their play style to this weakness, which in turn, allows them to focus on what matters: winning.

You ever wonder why some good players (regardless of how tech they are) can go with hardly playing the game and still manage to be sick? That's why.

You ever stopped playing the game for a few days (or even weeks) only come back to it, and find yourself doing random, sick **** and playing better than ever?

That's you allowing your muscle memory to pilot your hands, instead of your head. This, in turn, keeps your head focused on fighting your opponent. This harmony can only be achieved if you're not constantly fretting about whether or not the copious amounts of practice you put in the night prior will surface today.

Any serious match you play with tech skill at the forefront of your focus is a slippery slope. Every botched technical trick, begets another and the worse it gets as your focus starts to recede even more away from the match itself.

-SynikaL
(I'd elaborate more, but now I'm late for work)
Marry me. Let's elope to Europe.

_Riot_

Smash Journeyman
Ky you still play?
You coming to Doodahs little gig? It would be good to see you again, but be careful man, i buffed up.

Nick-riddle spelling hour = lolzzzz

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
What the fvck? Flowin, Ryan, Sly, and NBPMike are coming to this?! Wow, this tournament sounds like its gonna be like the good ol' times. Oh, it's Tommy by the way. Thought I'd play a little prank on you guys and sign up at the tournament as this guy but I don't think I'll be able to go anymore.

****, sounded like an old school tourney. I'll do my best to make it. Might be there with two others if anything. I'll see whats up.

Oh, and I still want all those money matches ;) . And "lawl" at the worlds reaction when I called Kye a little kid. I think I actually achieved an orgasm from laughing so hard.

Kimosabae

Smash Journeyman
Tommy, sans Pete, you're the biggest @sshole I've ever met.

We'll still do that MM, *****.

*edit*

Ha ha. Looking back, all the clues are there.

-SynikaL

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
What the fvck? Flowin, Ryan, Sly, and NBPMike are coming to this?! Wow, this tournament sounds like its gonna be like the good ol' times. Oh, it's Tommy by the way. Thought I'd play a little prank on you guys and sign up at the tournament as this guy but I don't think I'll be able to go anymore.

****, sounded like an old school tourney. I'll do my best to make it. Might be there with two others if anything. I'll see whats up.

Oh, and I still want all those money matches ;) . And "lawl" at the worlds reaction when I called Kye a little kid. I think I actually achieved an orgasm from laughing so hard.
$5 Bowser/Dorf?

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Wtf, thats Tipman? What a douche lol.

...... He's always had crazy mindgames..... lol.

:chuckle:.

_Riot_

Smash Journeyman

You better come its been to long
plus it'll probably be profitable, all these people still want to MM lololol
stop watching Fight Club so much

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I vote MLG rules.

I plan on attending, with Inui and maybe some others in my car

I will have my cube, disc, card, recorder, and if you really need, a television.
I love you, Phanna! :)

I'll make sure to hit you up when I arrive in Florida, which is this weekend!

I'll bring my cube if you guys need it. Just let me know.

I need a partner! Renth, are you coming?

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
I've never seen you play, but I've seen you bring this issue up many times before.

Your problem is, you're being snared by the same tyro trap 98% of the Smash players in this community manage to meander into. This is greater than the simple "Tech Skill > Mind Games" philosophy real scrubs get caught up in.

Tell me. Have you ever done anything competitive prior to Smash (Sports etc.)? This is important.

There's a reason players like Azen do well with a lack of technical skill: These players are completely comfortable with their level of tech skill. It has nothing to do with them aspiring or even coveting a higher level of technical ambidexterity. They simply dovetail their play style to this weakness, which in turn, allows them to focus on what matters: winning.

You ever wonder why some good players (regardless of how tech they are) can go with hardly playing the game and still manage to be sick? That's why.

You ever stopped playing the game for a few days (or even weeks) only come back to it, and find yourself doing random, sick **** and playing better than ever?

That's you allowing your muscle memory to pilot your hands, instead of your head. This, in turn, keeps your head focused on fighting your opponent. This harmony can only be achieved if you're not constantly fretting about whether or not the copious amounts of practice you put in the night prior will surface today.

Any serious match you play with tech skill at the forefront of your focus is a slippery slope. Every botched technical trick, begets another and the worse it gets as your focus starts to recede even more away from the match itself.

-SynikaL
(I'd elaborate more, but now I'm late for work)
ok the 1st thing i want to point out is that, in the end, MINDGAMES ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN TECH SKILL!!! there seems to be this thing in the air that i think tech is more important when i dont. i DO NOT play with tech skill at the forefront of my focus. mindagmes and playing smarter is what i focus on.

Hiroshi:you think your are smart but not technical but if you keep thinking that way your not even gonna get better and no your not very smart at all thats your problem you focus too much on tech skills and trying to execute your moves when you should focus on your opponent and trying to figure out his tactics. and yes the more your getting owned and thingk that your messsing up the WORST your tecc skilsl get. In reality your just gettting owned but yea these are facts not opinion you can deny them but it doesstn change the fact its true
ok AGAIN. I DO NOT FOCUS ON MY TECH SKILL. when i play a game, i am always just looking at my opponent and trying to react and observe what he does. the reaosn i bring tech up so much is because you still need it to play.

LET ME ELABORATE. when i play someone and i fake him into a dodge. i know i want to react with a quick shuffled dair into a shine to start a combo and rack damage. in this instance i was focused on observing and reacting , which is in the "smarts" department, not tech, BUT, when i go to execute my punishment of my opponents mistake i start the drill but i misjudge the timing of the fastfall. therefor i misjudge the timing of the l-cancel and i end up not doing a shine and not combong and just wasted an opportunity. if you see, I WAS NOT focusing on the tech, i was focusing on my opponent and saw an opening and was going to abuse. but the lack of tech in this example didnt allow me to realize what i intended. i dont go into a match wanting to do all of this cuhrazee tech skill. i just play and try to fake out my opponent and react to them. then when i do i sometimes mess up simple stuff and waste many many opportunities because the tech wasnt there to back me up. i guess thats the main reason why i talk about tech soooo much, because yes mindgames is more important, but you still need the tech to back you up. countless countless times ive set up nasty combos or situations where i had a great combo or a gauranteed kill or hit, but i just messed up my tech and coulnt follow what i started using my mindgames. again, mindgames is the main thing, but tech skill follows it up. im not some dummy noob. i know what i want to do, and i do play smart, but i mess up way too much. and ofcourse i dont look smart to you lambc0ck, your the #3 guy in Fl, against me. its hard to show that im smart when im in a shower of lasers or in a very long combo.

Mindgames + character knowledge > tech skill. The second one a lot of people seem to forget.
You can have all the mindgames in the world, and do everything you want, but if you have no idea what your opponent is capable of, it's like fighting blind. If you're a space animal and you don't know to avoid Jigg's uair > utilt > rest, you WILL get hit by it. Same goes for all the characters...Just remember that.
i agree. i just quoted this to further say i do believe that mindgames>tech skill. im not a stupid noob.

peace

-hiro

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
h1roshi: you're just gonna suck until you get yourself out of the scrub mindset nobody can help you with that its something you gotta do on my own.

synikal is probably the most correct person in this thread when it comes to competitive gaming. You're like me my first foray into competitive gaming was smash brothers, and in all honesty its a really bad game to start off with because the community is conducive for scrubs and pros alike, whereas for any major 2-d fighter you're dead if you arent pro nuff said. Not only that but because smash for most of us starts with us enjoying the game because of the whole nintendo thing we dont really come in with the right mindset. Games like guilty gear are MADE for people to take to a competitive level (the game was engineered with the idea that people abuse games to be good at them, and guilty gear set up alot of safeguards for that, thats a game with the competitive mindset in mind).

So the problem h1roshi is that you dont even know where to begin to start getting better. Ask noucles or lambchops the first 2 years of me playing smash bros I was a complete moron I was never gonna improve the way I was going. But eventually an idea a concept will spark and you will figure out for yourself what your problem is. It isnt as simple as just "getting more technical" or "getting smarter"... its something much more than that. It the entire way that you approach a match... whether you're just playing or actually in their to win. You say that mindgames>tech skill just because its something you heard. Tech skill is just as important.

Once you learn how to learn then you will eventually improve. That is why people like azen and justin wong are so good at so many different games. Learning a new game isnt hard. Getting the technical and specific aspects of any given game is pretty easy. Its that initial step, regardless of what game you play, that applies to all others. Its learning how to learn. once again i'd like to quote you on how mindgames>tech skill. Its something alot of people say but its just a stupid little phrase. You need both to be good. But tech skill is easy. Mindgames are important because of their far reaching implications. Cause mindgames in smashbros are mindgames in other games. Playing smart is playing smart end of story.

SlitThroat1010

Smash Journeyman
People are practicing this saturday? or did you mean next saturday right before the event? If it's this saturday, I'm down to smash with you guys, just give me an address. Either way, I can't wait to play you all the tournament.

daniel-zaman

Smash Journeyman
oh tripple post. i forgot to say, you only get as good as you allow yourself to get. n00bs are n00bs because they dont have drive to get better. if you really wanted to get better....believe me you would. i know people in that i could beat with my hands behind my back. but now with determination, they are number 1 in the state. lol. soooo stop crying and get g00d n00ba

FlowinWater

Smash Champion
OMG TIPMAN I MUST TOUCH YOUR BALLS! I MUST!

You better show to this ish. Oh I just got back in florida right now :)

HOLLA

Top Bottom