• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Doodah Presents: Come To My House(Chu Will Be There!)

Jadin Xquire

Smash Cadet
Yo ill be hitting this up to who wants to team?

HOLLA
WTF!! When you come from the military? longtime since ive seen your post. good chkn.

Hiroshi: im ready for you this time. nothing but random rest for you. Your going down!

SEFL crew is ready for your crew Otru. Best of your five vs our five.

_Riot_

Smash Journeyman
So

I cant go to your HOUSE, but I can go to nexus. So make it at nexus :D
Nexus is not set up to be able to host tournys. Only TV they possess is for use of XBOX 360 players, in which case i think they have 2. They remodeled nexus to be less of a "hang out" spot and more of a Arcade/computer center.

Sucks how that went down but whatever.

On a more happy note, they do have a Guilty Gear XX arcade cabinet

darkshy

Smash Ace
Tell your parents responsible adults will be there I don't see a downside. Get a smasher who looks like a parent to vouche.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
do you still attck mindlessly hiroshi and do you still think you lose becuz your not technical enought? rofl I cant help it I just love your hiroshi logic its entartaining
if i dont have my tech i cant do anything. when i play falco, and i time the fast fall wrong, or miss an l-cancel, and dont jump cancel the shine, or misjudge a sweetspot to death, or fvck up a rshl or sd consistently, it considerably hampers your ability to stay in control of a game. when your not fluid and messing up with your wavelanding onto platforms or some wavedashes which end up into laggy air dodges or triangle jumps it just doesnt help. im a lot smarter than i am technical. a lot smarter than you give me credit for. but all the smarts in the world doenst help if you cant completely control your character....ex. whats the point of setting your opponent up when you cant even properly execute the actual punishment of setting them up?

BTW, even you yourself told me to just get more technical as advice for me to get better. i was talking about my problmes and you were just like, "just get more technical."

i didnt realise i was going to go on this long. oh wells...peace

-hiro

_Riot_

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't know I haven't measured how tight my äss is.
i took that out wondering if you really messed with my man or not, also being that a kid could easily get scared with the wonders of today thinking "hey man, would he really plug me?"

Answer: yes, but really not the point im trying to make

?!?

Smash Lord
Holla at me if you need to hire a teams partner. I
if i dont have my tech i cant do anything. when i play falco, and i time the fast fall wrong, or miss an l-cancel, and dont jump cancel the shine, or misjudge a sweetspot to death, or fvck up a rshl or sd consistently, it considerably hampers your ability to stay in control of a game. when your not fluid and messing up with your wavelanding onto platforms or some wavedashes which end up into laggy air dodges or triangle jumps it just doesnt help. im a lot smarter than i am technical. a lot smarter than you give me credit for. but all the smarts in the world doenst help if you cant completely control your character....ex. whats the point of setting your opponent up when you cant even properly execute the actual punishment of setting them up?

BTW, even you yourself told me to just get more technical as advice for me to get better. i was talking about my problmes and you were just like, "just get more technical."

-hiro
i was just jk when I said get more teechnical but liek I said its juts entartaining hearing you say its tech skils thats messing you uo when is not and willl never ever ever be.

shiz: of course we are

Kimosabae

Smash Journeyman

-hiro
I've never seen you play, but I've seen you bring this issue up many times before.

Your problem is, you're being snared by the same tyro trap 98% of the Smash players in this community manage to meander into. This is greater than the simple "Tech Skill > Mind Games" philosophy real scrubs get caught up in.

Tell me. Have you ever done anything competitive prior to Smash (Sports etc.)? This is important.

There's a reason players like Azen do well with a lack of technical skill: These players are completely comfortable with their level of tech skill. It has nothing to do with them aspiring or even coveting a higher level of technical ambidexterity. They simply dovetail their play style to this weakness, which in turn, allows them to focus on what matters: winning.

You ever wonder why some good players (regardless of how tech they are) can go with hardly playing the game and still manage to be sick? That's why.

You ever stopped playing the game for a few days (or even weeks) only come back to it, and find yourself doing random, sick **** and playing better than ever?

That's you allowing your muscle memory to pilot your hands, instead of your head. This, in turn, keeps your head focused on fighting your opponent. This harmony can only be achieved if you're not constantly fretting about whether or not the copious amounts of practice you put in the night prior will surface today.

Any serious match you play with tech skill at the forefront of your focus is a slippery slope. Every botched technical trick, begets another and the worse it gets as your focus starts to recede even more away from the match itself.

-SynikaL
(I'd elaborate more, but now I'm late for work)

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
I've never seen you play, but I've seen you bring this issue up many times before.

Your problem is, you're being snared by the same tyro trap 98% of the Smash players in this community manage to meander into. This is greater than the simple "Tech Skill > Mind Games" philosophy real scrubs get caught up in.

Tell me. Have you ever done anything competitive prior to Smash (Sports etc.)? This is important.

There's a reason players like Azen do well with a lack of technical skill: These players are completely comfortable with their level of tech skill. It has nothing to do with them aspiring or even coveting a higher level of technical ambidexterity. They simply dovetail their play style to this weakness, which in turn, allows them to focus on what matters: winning.

You ever wonder why some good players (regardless of how tech they are) can go with hardly playing the game and still manage to be sick? That's why.

You ever stopped playing the game for a few days (or even weeks) only come back to it, and find yourself doing random, sick **** and playing better than ever?

That's you allowing your muscle memory to pilot your hands, instead of your head. This, in turn, keeps your head focused on fighting your opponent. This harmony can only be achieved if you're not constantly fretting about whether or not the copious amounts of practice you put in the night prior will surface today.

Any serious match you play with tech skill at the forefront of your focus is a slippery slope. Every botched technical trick, begets another and the worse it gets as your focus starts to recede even more away from the match itself.

-SynikaL

Yea, wat he said...

?!?

Smash Lord
Holla at me if you need to hire a teams partner. I

-SynikaL
wow godly post. I was about to post the same thing but you are better with words than I am.

Hiroshi:you think your are smart but not technical but if you keep thinking that way your not even gonna get better and no your not very smart at all thats your problem you focus too much on tech skills and trying to execute your moves when you should focus on your opponent and trying to figure out his tactics. and yes the more your getting owned and thingk that your messsing up the WORST your tecc skilsl get. In reality your just gettting owned but yea these are facts not opinion you can deny them but it doesstn change the fact its true

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
This thread has gone from Doodah's tournament to helping h1roshi...Neat.
Mindgames + character knowledge > tech skill. The second one a lot of people seem to forget.
You can have all the mindgames in the world, and do everything you want, but if you have no idea what your opponent is capable of, it's like fighting blind. If you're a space animal and you don't know to avoid Jigg's uair > utilt > rest, you WILL get hit by it. Same goes for all the characters...Just remember that.

__César__

Smash Apprentice

-SynikaL
Amazing post sir

BooBah

Smash Cadet
This game is just a measure of your attention span.

The longer you can stay focused on your opponent(if you're ever even focused to begin with) the better you'll play/You'll play at 100% of your true power level(Mine is over 9000).

I know this better than anyone.

For like a year all I did was talk and joke around during matches, and I sucked.

Now I try and pay attention.

Money matches?

Cheap ones please.

Top Bottom