• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't You Hate This?

Fenrage666

Smash Rookie
Your First Match against a Really Good Player/computer and your doing pretty good. I mean you are both down to one life and he/she has higher percentage than you. Finally that S.O.B is goin down. you go to KO them..... and A F$#%ing Bomb-omb comes outta knowere and KO's you instead

GOD I HATE THAT!

bleyva

Smash Ace
i find your storytelling quite enthralling.

you speak of an obscure occurrence in a video game, yet you describe it like that of a whaler who just killed Moby ****.

but to answer your question, no.

Beta Knight

Smash Cadet
Hate it? I love it! I wish that would happen to me every single game! Losing because of a random item spawn is probably one of the funnest things that can happen to you.

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
Bob-ombs rarely appear out of thin air, KO'ing me just to spite me. I don't know how long it'll be before it costs me a high-stakes match. I hope it doesn't become of me, and I'll be grateful if I luck out.

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
Items? High-stakes match? Blasphemy.
I wasn't talking about competition. in single-player mode, you could be just one hit away from losing your last stock, and after 10-20 minutes of fighting several waves of enemies, BOOM! A fair fraction of an hour down the drain. And no, don't just continue, because the payoff won't be so great.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
bob-ombs? Pfft, Super Bombs are where it's at.

*Incinerated*

JUDGE

Smash Lord
that's why you have to turn items off dude.........

ahh and @ poke 40
no she can't anymore, she just can pull out a lasar sword or a mr.saturn

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Good old peach. Then that bomb-omb pops up you can feel the room tense and holding of the breath.

Ethereal.Frog

Smash Rookie
I probably hate it, but I haven't turned on items in forever. Except for that all Captain Falcon match with Golden Hmmers on High. That was fun.

BeastlyBrawler323

Smash Rookie
Whenever this happens I would like to get angry, but I just end up laughing instead lol. Its just so hilarious that it happens at that moment of all moments lol.

Vect0r

Smash Journeyman
That'll teach you to turn on items, especially bob-ombs. They make for unpredictable matches.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I hate when that happens so much, I usually throw my Wii Remote onto the ground a shake my fist in dismay. Upon picking my control up, I then proceed to change the setting to "Metal Brawl", giving me the advantage against Sonic since he's slower now. (I still think he is cheap, however.)

Interesting story.

Lustar

Smash Cadet
This did happen to me before but I was more of surprised than angry. A little afterwards I just brushed it off and continued the next match. I don’t expect this to happen anytime soon again because I usually set the items to off.

Avion

Smash Apprentice
No, I usually find it entertaining. If I'm playing with items it's never too serious. Unless you're playing special brawl with both players set to 300%, 99-stock, Final Destination, explosive items only turned on high. That's high-stakes stuff right there.

Hydra.

Smash Lord
NNID
Aqua.Sword
Reminds me of peach pulling out a bom-omb in melee (can she still pull one out in brawl?)
lol.

oooo. Your first match.
Yeah that can be a killer.
XD
I rarely ever play with items on unless we are doing it for fun after hours of playing Smash for practice.

And Yes Peach can pull a Bob-omb out in brawl. But the chances of this are around 1 in 300.

DarkPikmin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
zDecoy
It's is so annoying when that happens. I usually go super sudden death 300% 20 stock shells only to shake it off.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Am I the only one that realizes that bob-ombs don't actually explode immediately when they spawn?

4nace

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure he meets that he hits them with an attack or they fall on him or something haha. Haven't played Brawl with items on yet so not really sure how Bo-ombs work in this one.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Your First Match against a Really Good Player/computer and your doing pretty good. I mean you are both down to one life and he/she has higher percentage than you. Finally that S.O.B is goin down. you go to KO them..... and A F$#%ing Bomb-omb comes outta knowere and KO's you instead

GOD I HATE THAT!
I feel your pain. Must I explain my failure again? well here it goes. I was playing wi-fi on my friends game. Then me (kirby) and Zamus go to sudden death. We took a long time because we were both dodging everything we threw at each other. Then I finally get the up smash on that ****ing woman (zamus) and she goes rocketing up. It turns out that I wouldve won because I was about to star KO her. And you know how it takes a few seconds so they can turn into the star? Well yeah I was gonna HIIIIIIIIII her *** up but a mother****ing bomb omb came on top of me, blasted me to the side, and got side KO'd before Zamus had gotten star KO'd. Trust me I know how you feel. I was crying. I bet you that Zamus ***** was laughing on her side. If you are reading this Zamus ***** I demand an apology and a statement saying I shouldve, wouldve won, and that I am better than you in every way. By the way whoever made up the idea of "Hey why dont we make bomb ombs in sudden death for the heck" I want them to go shove up a bomb omb up thier *** for such a lame idea.

Untouch

Smash Master
Try having 1 minute left of the 15 minute brawl and a bomb omb spawns.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Try having 1 minute left of the 15 minute brawl and a bomb omb spawns.
:rocket:
:enforcer:
:sniper:
[capsule]:bigrocket
:uzi:[proximity mine]

These are the bane of all my "Intense" difficulty runs. All-star, Classic and Subspace.

Tidal

Smash Apprentice
Stuff like that happens to me in Classic Mode all the time. I have never been able to 0-death classic mode because of this, it's always like, I'm doing fine, not in risk of dying, then I Fsmash my target and a rigged capsule/Bomb/sticky bomb appears from out of nowhere and I hit that instead, killing us both. Despite myself not wanting to I really hate it and feel bad for a long time after because there was nothing I could do to avoid it.

iProdigy101

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, it sucks if it happens to you, and trust me, I had my fair share of that. :chuckle: But it's cool if happens to the other opponents. :laugh:

Top Bottom