• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Stop Billievin' Sat. 6/6 -- Chu-dat confirmed -- update: check last post

Shady Penguin

Smash Lord
The good news is that Keith can play MK now (I still think double Snake would be fantastically awesome and gay though) .

I call for Ganon dittos in Melee and Brawl. Any takers?

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
It's not a moot point. Maybe ICs do go even or **** the entire cast because of infinites. You simply have to look at what options each character has, and see which character has the advantage approaching, which character has to approach, and how much each character deals with a successful approach vs how much damage they take while approaching. If the infinites exist, they must be considered in the matchup. And the infinites definitely push ICs to top tier, imo.
I can understand the sentiment that IC is high tier but as far as even or ****** the entire cast, i don't agree. Our match-ups are too weird, as far as I can tell. Sure, there are some matchups where we could probably literally just spam desynched Blizzards/Ice Blocks and win but there are also matchups like Snake that **** us.

MEh, whatever. I gotta get good at these games. >_<

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
I can understand the sentiment that IC is high tier but as far as even or ****** the entire cast, i don't agree. Our match-ups are too weird, as far as I can tell. Sure, there are some matchups where we could probably literally just spam desynched Blizzards/Ice Blocks and win but there are also matchups like Snake that **** us.

I think some characters definitely have the tools to keep ICs off them the entire match and beat them, but there are also definitely characters that can't pull it off and will get grabbed, and when its someone on the level of Lain or Meep, thats a stock.

The matches where Lain lost to M2K he basically got grabbed less than 3 times (or had Nana too far away to alt-grab) and thats how he won.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
this tourney is gonna be awesome...
just so i can get get a better understanding of the doubles bracket
-stinger and pp
-Chu and ?
-Bill and ?
-Omni and Zero
-Karn and Rag
-Shady and Kieth
-KSK and Jon?

fill me in if i am wrong
Who are you teaming with? You should be like top seed since you already beat everyone last time.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
if someone brings an sd card reader to this i can hack peoples wiis for them. all they need is an sd card of their own.

i can get you guys whatever you want basically, homebrew channel, bootmii, whatever you want.

mr.fizwidget

Smash Champion
i might hit you up on that stingers...

i have homebrew and gecko but only have gotten textures so far
i would like infinite replay, tags in replay, and brawl +

Sushi-Man

Smash Ace
Stingers, where can I get an sd card reader? I have been trying to hack my wii, but i don't have an sd card reader but i have an sd card.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
bring an sd card reader then. i need to use someone elses because rawfuls still has ours...

an sd reader is anything you can put an sd card in then connect it to your computer so you can manage the files inside. even a camera would work, iirc. i dont have anything that can read an sd card at my house though

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i wish i did lol

well...someone bring one. or else i can't help you guys out.

it'll be a lot easier if you all update your wii's to 4.0 beforehand, so I don't have to go through the trouble of bringing twilight princess...

Shady Penguin

Smash Lord
if someone brings an sd card reader to this i can hack peoples wiis for them. all they need is an sd card of their own.

i can get you guys whatever you want basically, homebrew channel, bootmii, whatever you want.
If you can get that shiz, Brawl+, and textures on my Wii, count me in (don't have an SD card reader myself).

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i can do it for anyone, as long as your wii doesn't start with the serial number LU64. you might want to check that before you ask me to hack your wii because it could be potentially dangerous.

lord karn

Smash Master

I can see ICs losing to snake, but not complete ****. Same with Metaknight. If those are the only bad matchups, though, then ICs would be considered top tier.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero

I will Love U 4 this

Jon?

Smash Champion
Udated MK challenger $1MM list:
-Omni
-Zero
-Stingers
-Ace
-Smith
-Rag
-Karn
-Dark Hart

I think to keep things even on my MM is to do either Smashville all matches or random of the 3 neutrals (Smash, BF, FD).

Since KSK and DarkHart are probably gonna be teaming. Anyone else want to team with me? I do Kirbysides!

Dublio

Smash Ace
Wait, they made it doable to hack 4.0 Wiis now? Woot, I stupidly upgraded my wii awhile ago and have been waiting for that update thing to come out forever. Infinite replay and Tex hacks are awesome! (No Tripping is cool too but that can't be used on wifi since it will desync.)

My wii says "LU51." Does that work? =3

Jon?

Smash Champion
Udated MK challenger $1MM list:
-Omni
-Zero
-Stingers
-Ace
-Smith
-Rag
-Karn
-Dark Hart