• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Blink: ~After Story~ -- FREE Pizza -- FREE Drinks -- *MK Banned*

Zwarm

Smash Hero
So I figure I'm gonna be the fighting game supplier once again. I only have one PS3 controller and one fight stick, so it would be awesome if someone brings an extra controller, hopefully Oro will bring his fight stick.

I'm gonna have SSF4AE, 3SO, AH3, BBCS2, GGXXAC for Wii, and MvC3. If someone wants me to bring something else, I'll see if I have it. Like last time, I'll be leaving my PS3, controller, and fight stick with the setup, because I'm a nice guy like that. Please treat my stuff with respect if you use it. I had a lot of people leaving my fight stick with the cord bent under the base, and I've already had to tape it up because of people doing this in the past, so please make sure you aren't bending the cord when you leave it, I'd like to actually have a fight stick, and I put a lot of time into modding it. Also, if you unplug the fight stick, please do not wrap the cord around the fight stick and leave it sitting on the table, leave the cord unwrapped, so it doesn't get bent. If I see people not treating my setup with respect, I will take the setup down, and I will not bring it back to any future event. You guys were good about it last time, I just want it to be known in case we get more OoS people.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
I'll show up for this and plan to enter Brawl Singles. Brawl Doubles if I find a partner.

I can bring a Full Brawl Set Up if you guys need it. I'll bring my PS3 Pad to play some 3S with Zwarm. ;D

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I'll show up for this and plan to enter Brawl Singles. Brawl Doubles if I find a partner.

I can bring a Full Brawl Set Up if you guys need it. I'll bring my PS3 Pad to play some 3S with Zwarm. ;D
Awww yeahhh.

i can bring my ps3 stick for people to use, long as no one rages and starts throwing it around of course
That would be awesome, King. I pretty much have the same rules on my stuff, haha.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
thx for changin the date, didn't want to lose wisconsin brawl players, believe it or not.

btw, IMBD has minnesota attending, fyi guys, I'm not sure if they're entering brawl, but should be interesting like that kirby player is entering, I encourage chicago to enter to destroy minnesota, seriously they think they're good???

I really really REALLY recommend not having st4ae as the side tourney, please do 3rd strike or super street fighter, as they are much more balance.

or mortal kombat, seriously that game is hella fun to watch and play.

interestring fact: MVC3 sales ~600k copies compared to MK9 ~ 3 million copies. I really really REALLY recommend playing MK9, I've played both, and MK9 just ***** the **** out of marvel.

.....team moonwalk

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
MK is clunky and awkward.
Sales do not factor into how good or bad a fighting game is tho :S

Also to be fair, AE is totally more balanced than super except Yun and Fei Long >.>
And they aren't that bad

sanchaz

Smash Lord
MK is clunky and awkward.
Sales do not factor into how good or bad a fighting game is tho :S

Also to be fair, AE is totally more balanced than super except Yun and Fei Long >.>
And they aren't that bad
hmmm, alright your first point I completely agree with the sales, its just mk9 is much more balance and doesn't have comeback factor. to me the game "stepped" up 2d fighter competition. I haven't played a good game in a while.

what caught me to reply is your second point, lmao, fei long, yun are broken. I seriously hope you were joking, capcom admitted something like "we ****ed up" . they didn't test a lot of characters before releasing it, capcom is failing so bad

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I thought they kept Fei Long the same from Super, pretty much. They just made everyone else worse from Super. And Yun is Yun.

And we used to run 6-7 events in 6 hours at the old Don't Blinks. We can definitely handle having both SSF4AE and 3SO as side tournaments. They both run much faster than Brawl.

Kirk

Smash Champion
If I actually want to go through that hell again, I don't know lol. If it does come to that, everyone would need to be super cooperative with the TOs and instruction. And setups. Setups are good. And...I might have to bust out the short shorts again...

:phone:

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
I acknowledge that they were much stronger than the rest of the cast (though I suppose I did it in a confusing way and I apologize).

But State-side, AE has been rewarding players who stuck with their main and have much more knowledge and experience and hurting players who've wanted to learn Yun or Yang or Fei. Look at the SBO quals--Honda/Dhalsim (Viper/Zangief I suppose), Makoto/Fuerte, Yun/Ken. Granted this is in America and not in Japan, where obviously they have spent much longer learning the twins than we've had time to do, but it at least shows that the other characters can still compete with the twins and Fei.

The tiers in 3sO are actually pretty similar, in that most of the characters are viable but Ken, Chun, and Yun are all just better.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
I'll be bringing 2 tvs and a wii for the Project M tourney. We need one more wii to use. I'll also be bringing my computer and dazzle to record the tourney sets on one tv. Kyle said that he could probably record the stuff on the second one and give it to me later.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
If I actually want to go through that hell again, I don't know lol. If it does come to that, everyone would need to be super cooperative with the TOs and instruction. And setups. Setups are good. And...I might have to bust out the short shorts again...

Oh man if the short shorts come out again...

Then I will make sure it fails miserably.

Mwahahahahaha.

tyler123

Smash Apprentice
Newest dev version :O I've been hoping to play that one of these days... I probably would fail at all of these side tourneys since I haven't played SSF4 AW in awhile, and my bro sold mahvel. I suck a lot at melee though (don't have it) so I'm not that much better at P:M.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Pokemon Stadium 1 is frozen on the Grass state right now due to being unable to make the windmill function how Melee's Pokemon Stadium windmill functioned btw.

Also, +1 for RC and Corneria

Top Bottom