• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Donkey Kong Country Returns!

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Its simple waggle. Waggle while standing up to Ground Pound, crouch to blow. Very simple imo.

Also, this game can be impossible. Getting 100% in terms of all world completion, kong letters, puzzles, mirror mode, etc is downright hard, but doable.

Getting shiny gold medals on TA... eh.

Honestly, I'll get "101%" with everything unlocked, but when it comes to TA, I'll have some gold, mostly silvers, few bronze, no shiny.

No S rank for me D:

Angbad

Smash Ace
NNID
Angbad
Its simple waggle. Waggle while standing up to Ground Pound, crouch to blow. Very simple imo.

Also, this game can be impossible. Getting 100% in terms of all world completion, kong letters, puzzles, mirror mode, etc is downright hard, but doable.

Getting shiny gold medals on TA... eh.

Honestly, I'll get "101%" with everything unlocked, but when it comes to TA, I'll have some gold, mostly silvers, few bronze, no shiny.

No S rank for me D:
Have fun haha i'm working on everything now. KONG was easy

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
It isn't so much that one thing is way too hard that it all added together can be.

Also, shiny gold medals. lulz.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
You have to do it, but it's not really a big deal. It isn't as annoying as, monster hunter tri's waggle.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
So I'm not the only one to unlock MM? Now there's one less thing to worry about spoiling. I like the fact that MM removes...you'll-find-out because it makes you more...aware...

Did anyone notice any Easter Eggs while playing? You don't have to mention it if you think it would spoil something.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
So I'm not the only one to unlock MM? Now there's one less thing to worry about spoiling. I like the fact that MM removes...you'll-find-out because it makes you more...aware...

Did anyone notice any Easter Eggs while playing? You don't have to mention it if you think it would spoil something.
Pokeballs, Metroid stuffs, mr G and W.

Angbad

Smash Ace
NNID
Angbad

It's so tough!! Though it's making me wayyyy more cautious and that's cool lol

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Time Trials are going to be fun. Like I said, since they add nothing to the completion (as far as % goes, I think they added time trials as a competitive thing), I'm going to be lenient.

World 4 seems to be a non-exploration platforming world.

kupo15

Smash Hero
You have to do it, but it's not really a big deal. It isn't as annoying as, monster hunter tri's waggle.
as annoying as TP or NSMBW? lol
Ok its cool that it doesn't seem to get in the way. I'm still going to beat the game without ever picking up diddy when I play it.....unless he is critical?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681

as annoying as TP or NSMBW? lol
Ok its cool that it doesn't seem to get in the way. I'm still going to beat the game without ever picking up diddy when I play it.....unless he is critical?
His jetpack is a lifesavor. And if you weren't allowed 4 hits in this game, it'd be way to hard. They gave us 4hearts for a reason bro.

And think of SMG2. that little shake you had to do. Nothing big like swinging a sword XD

Angbad

Smash Ace
NNID
Angbad
Ryu Shimazu; said:
His jetpack is a lifesavor. And if you weren't allowed 4 hits in this game, it'd be way to hard. They gave us 4hearts for a reason bro.

And think of SMG2. that little shake you had to do. Nothing big like swinging a sword XD
Yea there's no point in doing this. Just pick up diddy because

spoiler Inc

after beating the secret world you unlock mirror mode which let's you play a level just as dk with no items and 1 heart! It's insane....
IT also allows for one to get all the way up to 200% completion I guess.
So if you think beating a level with 4 hearts is hard just wait for one. I'm done with the first 3 worlds in mirror mode. I skipped to 4-k because I was reading online people said it was the hardest in the game. IMO they were right
This is also why 4-k was so hard I wanted to break something lol

/end spoiler

Yea so pick up diddy and have fun lol. Rack up the lives. But no, diddy is NOT critical.

kupo15

Smash Hero
That's good to hear. This game has a built in difficulty mode!!!! When I get it I'll try it without Diddy first and see if I need him.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Retro Studios<3 I really want them to make a 2 and 3. This could top their success with Metroid.

Fried Ice Cream

Smash Ace
Aww yeah, I finally got my copy. It just came out in Europe today. Sad to see there were still so many copies in the rack <_<!

EDIT: This game is amazing! I beat the first world today, but got nothing complete. This game is so challenging and fun! I'm saving the rest of the worlds for when my friend comes over tomorrow :)

The music amazing, Palm Tree Groove is DEFINITELY one of my favourites so far!

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Getting kong and puzzles pieces on your first run of each level can be very irritating. Almost done with world 4...

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Moment of Truth:

Do I buy extra lives from Cranky or just take my impending Game Over like a man (Bombs Away is eating my lunch)?

Angbad

Smash Ace
NNID
Angbad
I haven't gotten a game over yet. But my dad has lol. It's not a big deal but there's not much else to spend coins on besides lives and the key and nana juice.

The banana juice isn't temporary btw. It literally gives you ten extra hearts.... Makes it so easy I never used it. Plus you can't use it in mirror mode lol

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I've used none of the items. I just have a set of them in my inventory just to have^^

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I use Sqwawks for the levels that I don't really feel like looking carefully through. Mainly the cliffs tbh, but if I've searched a level 3 times without him and still haven't found what I'm looking for, then I'll come back with the bird a day later.

I don't use him too much, because I'll complete the game faster and not appreciate it as much as I would have without him. But at the same time I want to avoid the frustration of not having any idea of where the item is. I only use him when I REALLY need him.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
So I found a way out: I play a stage down to my last life, then just reset it so that I get all my lives' back. Right now the rocket barrel stage right after Bombs Away is the bane of my exisistence.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
So I found a way out: I play a stage down to my last life, then just reset it so that I get all my lives' back. Right now the rocket barrel stage right after Bombs Away is the bane of my exisistence.
World 4 is hard. The cart stages are annoying, the rockets are HARD, and the k stage is very...annoying.

World 5 seems fun, but I've been too busy to play.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Monster Hunter tri w/ gf has me playing this less. This has me playing Sonic Colors even less. lolz.

Still, on 5-3

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Just cleared World 4 last night. I went into that world with 21 lives, and left with 6. GG Retro

Smasher89

Smash Lord
played through the game skipping a few stages with a friend today. Playing more players seems to make the game harder XD
btw I'll check again later, but there seems to be a reference to peach castle in the last stage, counting last boss

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ I'm finally completed with Mirror Mode. It seems more forgiving than Time Attack, but only you can't have Diddy Kong and only one heart. )=

☯ I only completed one stage with Time Attack and it took me over 10 tries. T_T

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
5K is Terrible. World 6 is really fun, though.

So far in difficulty:

5>4>6>3>2>1

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
☯ I'm finally completed with Mirror Mode. It seems more forgiving than Time Attack, but only you can't have Diddy Kong and only one heart. )=

☯ I only completed one stage with Time Attack and it took me over 10 tries. T_T
You mean you got Gold Time Attack after 10 tries or just any medal?

5K is terrible.
I practically killed myself every time in World 1-K simply because I'd make one tiny mistake. I get like 400+ Banana Coins out of it, though.

Game and Watch cameo was pretty awesome
I think it was World 3-1 where at the end of the level, if you roll jumped to the far right you'd get the last puzzle piece. Old school Donkey Kong was standing on a mountain in the background. It was awesome.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
You mean you got Gold Time Attack after 10 tries or just any medal?

I practically killed myself every time in World 1-K simply because I'd make one tiny mistake. I get like 400+ Banana Coins out of it, though.

I think it was World 3-1 where at the end of the level, if you roll jumped to the far right you'd get the last puzzle piece. Old school Donkey Kong was standing on a mountain in the background. It was awesome.
Yeah...5k>>>>>>>>>>>>>>1K imo.

Almost done with world6 :D

and this game has easter eggs everywhere. I hear an Ectoon from Metroid is somewhere, and a Pokeball.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Game and Watch cameo was pretty awesome
Yeah it was. Did you know that the construction site that you see in the original Donkey Kong is on the same level as G&W?

Also, did anybody hear this line from Cranky?
"You want to get to the top of the island? If only we knew someone with a plane..."

XD FK reference.

Top Bottom