• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does anyone like Meta Knight players?

Pipes

Smash Rookie
Honestly. I mean, Meta Knight seems to get the same respesct as Jiggs did in Melee. All I ever see is a bunch of Mach Tornado's into an UpB. It seems the main difference is that some people can do it better than others, but overall, it doesn't take much skill. Meta Knight players tend to be a bit Biased against this fact as well, by adding in a SideB attack on occasion. And once they get you in the air, its all about f-airs. Now seriously Meta Knight users, try and be a bit original on occasion,

ckm

Smash Journeyman
the only thing worse than a spamming mk player is a whiny loser that cries about getting ***** by them.

Most good mk players use the mach tornado fairly infrequently. If you havent seen that, and still lose to them, then it just means youre bad enough to lose to the crappy ones. Too bad for you.

Edit: Oh, and welcome to smashboards. =)

dj asakura

Smash Ace
ea....wait, hang on....

so what you're saying is if a strategy works, you shouldnt use it because it makes you unoriginal?

great logic. imo, if it aint broke, dont fix it

DonWuebos

Smash Rookie
i usually try to mix it up.
the "tornado" is my desperation move i guess you could say.
But i won't lie the moveset definitely leans toward most using that combo.

Master Raven

Smash Master
I'm sick of people *****ing about Mach Tornado. It's a great move, but it's horribly overrated by people who claim it's some inescapable GOD TIER attack, and as ckm said, good MK players do not spam the hell out of MT. MT is best used for punishing, combos, countering certain moves and projectiles, and on certain occasions edge-guarding.

RazeveX

Smash Ace
the only thing worse than a spamming mk player is a whiny loser that cries about getting ***** by them.

Truth echoes.

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
I can see why people get mad. I played ckm's metaknight and got flat out destroyed. It seemed impossible to fight. This is with marth of course.

dj asakura

Smash Ace
I don't play or love Metaknight.

I'm currently looking for someone to choose to be loyal to. I'm stuck between like...Diddy, Snake, Sonic and Marth. I only use Metaknight every once in awhile :D

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
I don't play or love Metaknight.

I'm currently looking for someone to choose to be loyal to. I'm stuck between like...Diddy, Snake, Sonic and Marth. I only use Metaknight every once in awhile :D
Thats a no brainer, use Snake. No point in being good with a char who sucks.

dj asakura

Smash Ace
Thats a no brainer, use Snake. No point in being good with a char who sucks.
I tend to play who I find the most fun to use. I was an IC main in melee. To me, Diddy and Sonic are the most fun. I figure I should just learn to use Snake so I can beat kids when Diddy and Sonic can't.

Besides, didnt you see my sig? No low tier characters, only low tier players. That's how I feel.

But anyway...metaknight is cool. haha

Trozz

Smash Ace
You don't need to be particularily skilled to play a good MK. You can learn do a single set of attacks, and since MK's attacks come out so fast, they usually work. Novice and intermediate MKs are annoying. Pro MKs are annoying too if you don't have a character that can reclaim the stage.

The most generic character. There are so many MKs in tournament play.

zzz

dj asakura

Smash Ace
Well thats what happens when a character with mass appeal (ie: looks cool) also has a good moveset and priority, they get used a lot.

Imagine if Sonic were high tier material, it's all you'd see

ShaolinAce

Smash Ace
MetaKnights are overused and Mach Tornado is overused... umm deal with it? Do you think this topic is going to change the world or something?

I barely use mach tornado when I play but if you play like a scrub and leave yourself wide open for it I more than likely will tornado your ***.

Master Raven

Smash Master
I main Meta Knight because he's one of my favorite Nintendo characters and he's basically a dream come true as far as the roster is concerned.

Now we just need Dante and Zero in the mix.

GodotAA

Smash Ace
You don't need to be particularily skilled to play a good MK. You can learn do a single set of attacks, and since MK's attacks come out so fast, they usually work. Novice and intermediate MKs are annoying. Pro MKs are annoying too if you don't have a character that can reclaim the stage.

The most generic character. There are so many MKs in tournament play.

zzz

oh man who would of thought people would ever use a good character in tournament play

MaxThunder

PM Support
... In the MK forums? You're definitely going to get a lot of responses from non MK players here.
i'm a non mk player!!!... well... its kinda because i havent played brawl yet... eleven days or so until it'l be out in norway... but i'm still a non mk player. lol. (though that will change fast...)

M@v

Subarashii!
Every time I win with metaknight, the guyssays I'm a ****** because I use a broken character. Thats when I beat their skull in with my fox and shut them up.:)

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
I tend to play who I find the most fun to use. I was an IC main in melee. To me, Diddy and Sonic are the most fun. I figure I should just learn to use Snake so I can beat kids when Diddy and Sonic can't.

Besides, didnt you see my sig? No low tier characters, only low tier players. That's how I feel.
NO JOHNS

oze6000

Smash Apprentice
lol, well i main ZSS, but i play my brother who is pit and arrow spams a ton to the point where the game is just stupid and boring and repetitive. MK is very cheap, but he isn't the only one. Don't take any offense to this MK mainers, but he really doesn't require much skill. The only reason i used him was cause arrows wouldn't go through tornado spam. Everyone who is trying to burn MK players on the stake just need to vent at you all, for a good reason too. MK does not require much time or effort to master.
So both sides, calm down, anti-MK, there really isn't much that you can accomplish by complaining, it just opens more people's eyes to how easy MK is to master, and the MKers, everything everyone else is saying is true. You use a cheap, easy to master, easy to abuse, character. Stop *****ing about other people pointing that fact out.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
if whining was an attack, you would be spaming it
I wish I had room to put that in my sig...

But yeah, Metaknight is a monster, but even so I rarely lose to one. And I main Pit. Plus I'll be the first to admit that Metaknight pwns Pit to no end.

So yeah, I'm scared of them but I've got no right to complain other then to try to start the g'old Metaknight vs. Pit rivalry.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
lol, well i main ZSS, but i play my brother who is pit and arrow spams a ton to the point where the game is just stupid and boring and repetitive. MK is very cheap, but he isn't the only one. Don't take any offense to this MK mainers, but he really doesn't require much skill. The only reason i used him was cause arrows wouldn't go through tornado spam. Everyone who is trying to burn MK players on the stake just need to vent at you all, for a good reason too. MK does not require much time or effort to master.
So both sides, calm down, anti-MK, there really isn't much that you can accomplish by complaining, it just opens more people's eyes to how easy MK is to master, and the MKers, everything everyone else is saying is true. You use a cheap, easy to master, easy to abuse, character. Stop *****ing about other people pointing that fact out.
QFT
This

ive played against some good MK's and they only use tornado to get out of my combos (lol combos). now if you really wana see a broken move, play a shuttle loop spammer. but anyways, ppl just have to face facts
YES. MK is a retardedly strong char, whose tornado, down smash, shuttle loop and glide attack all fit into the 10 best moves in the game. (the majority of the other 6 fitting into snakes moveset.
YES ppl will play MK be cause they know he will win tourneys.
YES he is easy to learn to play
NO he is not unbeatable.
YES many of you play the same and
YES you all do it because theres not much the rest of us can do about it
YES ppl are going t make stupid threads about how much they hate him.... deal with it.
if you are tired of hearing about how stupid your character is everyday, you are more than welcometo play a more balenced fighter... like fox, or mario, or ike. basically you dont have the right to tell ppl to play better characters, if you cant handle the stigmas that are attached to playing those better chars.

Top Bottom