• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does anyone like Meta Knight players?

Talos' Symphony

Smash Rookie
>_< no it isn't. It really really isn't.

it's not like pit or falco, it's just metaknight, a faster melee fighter with less range and which dies 10 times faster

EDIT: alright, maybe if it's a horribly incompetant ike player, someone who doesn't know how to handle it and gleefully skips right into the snare. But not an experienced competitive player.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
>_< no it isn't. It really really isn't.

it's not like pit or falco, it's just metaknight, a faster melee fighter with less range and which dies 10 times faster

EDIT: alright, maybe if it's a horribly incompetant ike player, someone who doesn't know how to handle it and gleefully skips right into the snare. But not an experienced competitive player.
You seriously have NO IDEA what you're talking about.

Talos' Symphony

Smash Rookie
You seriously have NO IDEA what you're talking about.
mmm, yeah sure.

whatever, you can get all elitist if it makes you feel god. I'm just gonna leave this before it turns into a flame war, because frankly I have better things to do. I'm an ike main and i've only ever had trouble with metaknight playing on wifi in bad lag. Sure, i've lost to a number of decent MK's but it was never a slaughter, they were just the better player.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
mmm, yeah sure.

whatever, you can get all elitist if it makes you feel god. I'm just gonna leave this before it turns into a flame war, because frankly I have better things to do. I'm an ike main and i've only ever had trouble with metaknight playing on wifi in bad lag. Sure, i've lost to a number of decent MK's but it was never a slaughter, they were just the better player.
I really hope you're joking, but I'll explain myself in case you're not.

I'm not being an elitist. I'm just informing you of how the MK vs. Ike match-up works because you obviously don't have any correct knowledge of it. Nothing you said earlier about it makes sense. Dojo and I have just been trying to help you.

Honestly though, I don't care. You can believe whatever you want about a match-up. You'll be the one with the wrong info, not me.

kkkoala

Smash Cadet
Spamming does not take skill, asociating all of MK's airials, ground moves, and defensive moves into one strategy is what takes the skill. Unfortunatley that's not what a lot of people do. We have noone to blame but ourselves for losing to the spammy MK's. As for me, I'm not a spammy MK, I'll try to post some vids soon...
chasing isnt a strat. mk is a chasing player, and all u do with him is run after the other guy and attack him. this is fine, just dont say he takes strategy. the only skill required to play mk is to
1 know how 2 play ssbb to a decent degree
2 have seen an mk play once or twice
after that u can pretty much learn mk in a couple matches vs cpu.

those said spammers r people who havnt completed req #1. the part peopel complain about is that said people can still beat some people/chars... and while its sad that people can lose to that, take the person who just lost to that, give them mk, and they have a 50/50 of beating a pro whom isnt an mk counter

Dojo

Smash Champion
chasing isnt a strat. mk is a chasing player, and all u do with him is run after the other guy and attack him. this is fine, just dont say he takes strategy. the only skill required to play mk is to

those said spammers r people who havnt completed req #1. the part peopel complain about is that said people can still beat some people/chars... and while its sad that people can lose to that, take the person who just lost to that, give them mk, and they have a 50/50 of beating a pro whom isnt an mk counter
I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you on that "Pro" part. Even a well rounded MK player against a Pro player doesn't have a 50/50 chance. Pro's are gonna have down that matchup and be ready for it and know exactly what to do in almost every situation. It will up the players chances of winning very slightly by going to MK but not drastically...

JrdnS

Smash Ace

so any person has a 50/50 chance of beating a pro if he can
"1 know how 2 play ssbb to a decent degree"
"2 have seen an mk play once or twice"

you have no idea what youre talking about

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412

You're doing a great job of making yourself look like a scrub.

D. M.

Smash Rookie
*reads title of topic and ignores anything in the topic*

Love Meta Knight. I use the Shuttle Loop for a finisher and try to fight the way the CPU does in Kirby games. Actually works pretty well.

meta master

Smash Journeyman
so any person has a 50/50 chance of beating a pro if he can
"1 know how 2 play ssbb to a decent degree"
"2 have seen an mk play once or twice"

you have no idea what youre talking about
You're doing a great job of making yourself look like a scrub.
he really does have no idea what hes talking about. meta knight has many strengths and weaknesses. people (as in n00bs like you) can't exploit the weaknesses and play other n00bs and CPUs. because you always lose to meta knight, you think he sucks "cuz hes a n00b character that takes no skillz 2 play"

ALB247

Smash Apprentice
I only have one question for any and all Metaknight players who are considering switching from MK solely based on the argument that he is "broken".

Do you enter tournaments just so everyone will like you, or to win? If you answered the latter, you should have no reason to switch from MK.

Everyone should keep these wonderful words from The King in mind: "Cheap is a scrub's term for efficiency."

Phear

Smash Rookie
Hi im new to smashboards and this is my first post. I am a meta knight player he is a good character. Also jiggly wasnt so far down on the tier list on melee as people think. Im a competative smasher dating back to N-64 smashing. I dont spam tornado and I dont really do f-b much either. I sword dance alot work my enemy towards the edge and u-b. my u-b and d-c is where i get a bunch of my kills also ledge control. I use tornado to extend a combo or to respond to an opponent quickly enough so they dont get me first after i do a move that has down time. The instant I press B that black ball is spinning.

Top Bottom