• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does anyone like Meta Knight players?

Speedwobbles223

Smash Apprentice
Master Raven,

you really need to learn how to argue somebodies points, the first one you answered with "So what" proving my point for me, the second you refused too even answer, and the third isnt even relevent, as I have no problem facing him and have adjusted, but am annoyed a character that takes significantly less skill to use then any others is over-centralizing this game. At least snake takes awhile to get good with, and arguably takes much smarter and tactical thinking than MK.

Master Raven,

you really need to learn how to argue somebodies points, the first one you answered with "So what" proving my point for me, the second you refused too even answer, and the third isnt even relevent, as I have no problem facing him and have adjusted, but am annoyed a character that takes significantly less skill to use then any others is over-centralizing this game. At least snake takes awhile to get good with, and arguably takes much smarter and tactical thinking than MK.

Dude....let's face it. With very few exceptions, no characters in Brawl are that hard to learn at all. You want a hard character to learn? Try using Fox in Melee in actual Metagame play. Marth and Sheik are considerably easier albeit still difficult to use than him, but do you see Marth and Sheik users complaining?Stop using silly "Well my character takes more skill than urs" excuse this as a safety blanket/John when you lose, it's your choice to use a character with weaker overall ability and potential, don't QQ and john to us when you get beat by MKs and Snakes, you need to accept that. Don't come bashing and Trolling MK mains just because you want to let out your scrub rage on us.

Edit: Hell man you main one of MK's main counters, what the heck do you have to complain about? Unless your straight bad, you should mop the floor with a majority of the MKs you meet.

CervPurp63

Smash Apprentice
metaknight is only overwhelming if you let him be. if you play smart and find the little openings in his attacks, you should fair well. I don't get mad when i lose to metaknights anymore, cuz it just means that the/she is better than me.

Roager

Smash Ace
Well, I have MK as an alt right now (sorta), and, in all fairness, the guy has a point. To a degree. Somebody finds tornado-to-up-B, and uses that. A lot of people starting out with MK do it. I did it. But then people started to find a way around it. So I stopped. I actually don't use tornado much at all anymore. I don't use any of his B moves much, except for recovery. I guess you're just fighting noobular MK's.

Oh, but yeah, f-air is used a lot. By a LOT of MK's. But it's not indestructible. Find a way past it. Heck, shield if that's all you can think of.

Well, I have MK as an alt right now (sorta), and, in all fairness, the guy has a point. To a degree. Somebody finds tornado-to-up-B, and uses that. A lot of people starting out with MK do it. I did it. But then people started to find a way around it. So I stopped. I actually don't use tornado much at all anymore. I don't use any of his B moves much, except for recovery. I guess you're just fighting noobular MK's.

Oh, but yeah, f-air is used a lot. By a LOT of MK's. But it's not indestructible. Find a way past it. Heck, shield if that's all you can think of.
I approve of F-air spam, and so do Marth players >_>.

Kiyosuki

Smash Journeyman
Well...power comes with a price usually. But if a person hates you just because you're using the character in general then you really shouldn't worry about what they think.

If a person behind Meta Knight is arrogant then that's different.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
honestly if you fight MKs who spamm tornado you are playing scrubs. shuttle loop is by far more broken. but at the same time, you cant say that MKusers dont spam because i have never seen some one who actually plays MK, counter. once i see ppl start countering withMK i will happily rescend my statements. but as it stands now, MK is a spam bot, and theres not much the rest of us can do. not saying we cant do anything, just that our choices are very limited.
...MK doesn't HAVE counter. He has Dimensional Cape. He also sucks when it comes to defense, if that's what you're talking about. MK's an extremely aggressive character who's all about pressuring the foe until they die. Any openings or holes in his offensive will be his undoing.
All Meta Knight players are smexy <3 <3 <3
...There is NOTHING smexy about blue balls. Heck, I think that calls for a doctor's appointment. O,o

bluebolt

Smash Journeyman
...MK doesn't HAVE counter. He has Dimensional Cape. He also sucks when it comes to defense, if that's what you're talking about. MK's an extremely aggressive character who's all about pressuring the foe until they die. Any openings or holes in his offensive will be his undoing.
...There is NOTHING smexy about blue balls. Heck, I think that calls for a doctor's appointment. O,o
Meta Knight players

And I'm smexy so other meta-players obviously are too xDD

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Meta Knight players

And I'm smexy so other meta-players obviously are too xDD
Your point? You can't fool us, BLUEbolt. We all know that ALL true Meta Knight mains are really just gigantic blue balloon-like organisms with boxing gloves on. How else can they master such a difficult and unruly beast if they themselves are not one of them?

bluebolt

Smash Journeyman
Your point? You can't fool us, BLUEbolt. We all know that ALL true Meta Knight mains are really just gigantic blue balloon-like organisms with boxing gloves on. How else can they master such a difficult and unruly beast if they themselves are not one of them?
He's an unruly beast in bed <3 <3 <3

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
nado only does 1% damage per hit anyways. the damage never get stale, cuz u cant get lower than 1%
Actually, the tornado is well known to get stale. A fresh one does thirty damage when all hits connect. A stale one does... 18? Maybe even less than that.

Also, ask any Lucario if an attack can do less than one damage, and he'll imidiately talk about Lucario's grab attack.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
A good offense IS a good defense.

All Meta Knight players are smexy <3 <3 <3
Very True :chuckle:

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
Well,MetaKnight is the easiest character to learn.And he is also very good.
Still,I think complaining about him is just stupid.Yes,he is good and easy to use.But Sheik was the same in Melee(and one of my mains XD).We just need to face that and try our best versus Meta players.
One of the reasons I main DK is because he does very good vs Meta(and hes also sexy XD).
But anyway,the point is:
We have to get over it and stop complaining.Yes,n00bs that spam dodges,upB,tornado and dsmash are annoying,but they are not hard to beat.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
Honestly. I mean, Meta Knight seems to get the same respesct as Jiggs did in Melee. All I ever see is a bunch of Mach Tornado's into an UpB. It seems the main difference is that some people can do it better than others, but overall, it doesn't take much skill. Meta Knight players tend to be a bit Biased against this fact as well, by adding in a SideB attack on occasion. And once they get you in the air, its all about f-airs. Now seriously Meta Knight users, try and be a bit original on occasion,
This is the type of guy who enters tournaments and gets ***** by "non respectable" characters. Thanks for giving us money man.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
its BRAWL. guys, no character requires much skill. personally I think metaknight requires more skill than most characters. I'm terrible with MK.
theres no such thing as "cheap", its a game, if you think MK is broken play a game without broken characters, simple as that.
I mean MK is definitely overpowered, but every game has OP characters, thats how fighting games work.
get over it.

znintendotaku

Smash Journeyman
MK isnt strong just eye splitting fast i still beat them and i do it i a just as cheap way: spam projectiles...hahaha stupid MK..... :p

Talos' Symphony

Smash Rookie
I started playing an MK recently because he is fun and pwnage. And cool (if barbie was in the game and played like a buttered orgasm I still wouldn't use her). Yeah I use the tornado fair and jab alot, but why not? It's how you win. He isn't that hard to beat in all fairness. Hell, the tornado doesn't do THAT much damage either. Quit yo jibber jabber fool.

Amide

Smash Lord
No. In fact, I just got a PM from someone I battled and it said this in it:

I'd have appreciated it if you didn't try to use lame tactics that don't really work.

Ouch...

___
On another point, if you spammed shine in Melee, you were pro. Spam tornado in Brawl, your a noob. How does this make sense?

Clustercluck

Smash Rookie
I used MK in a tournament today and came in 3rd. I was beaten by DK and Ike, two extremely solid counters to MK(Ike is ridiculously tough for me get close to....). He's not unbeatable, but yes, you have to specifically work around him and if you know you're fighting someone who legitimately can only play MK at a tournament level(like me!), then be able to play one of those characters. I know it's kind of an unfair thing to ask, but I'm not speaking as a game designer telling you how the game's going to be, I'm speaking as a player telling you how it IS. You can whine about it all you want, but it won't change a thing - so just start working around it.

That said, I apologized to all my opponents today because I knew that my playstyle is cheap and unfair. But it won me money. So, well, suck on it I guess :p

napZzz

Smash Hero
I hate people who use that broken *** character. He's no fun to fight and just...so ****ing gay and broken.

juki

Smash Cadet
ea....wait, hang on....

so what you're saying is if a strategy works, you shouldnt use it because it makes you unoriginal?

great logic. imo, if it aint broke, dont fix it
Dude. I think im in love with you :dizzy:

I agree.

Talos' Symphony

Smash Rookie
Ike is in no way at all a MK counter.
it's a tough game for mk though, you can;t just stroll in all WHEEEEY LET'S FRICKEN SLASH 1000000000000 TIMES A SECOND! Ike's sword is longer and iirc he has more priority. If you go up in the air he's gonna smack ur ***** up with his Usmash (IT'S EVERYWHERE!!!). Also, Ike is a pretty heavy meatbag so MK is gonna need to raise his % pretty **** high. Whereas ike can kill him when MK is below 100%.

EDIT: this is off topic though

Dojo

Smash Champion
it's a tough game for mk though, you can;t just stroll in all WHEEEEY LET'S FRICKEN SLASH 1000000000000 TIMES A SECOND! Ike's sword is longer and iirc he has more priority. If you go up in the air he's gonna smack ur ***** up with his Usmash (IT'S EVERYWHERE!!!). Also, Ike is a pretty heavy meatbag so MK is gonna need to raise his % pretty **** high. Whereas ike can kill him when MK is below 100%.

Ok... If you go in swinging like that, you just dont know what your doing with MK.... It takes much more skill than just mashing buttons, I dont see why people cant understand that. Yes Ike has a bit more priority with some of his moves but with the lag behind the majority of them they're easily gotten around and punished.

As far as killing goes if you get him off the edge, it should be at least 30-40% racked up on him if you couldn't get the kill. It's not a bad matchup at all if you know what your doing...

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
EDIT: Dojo pretty much covered it all.

Talos' Symphony

Smash Rookie
yes, but it isn't "game over for ike" either. It's not like he's gonna have to go to another character just because mk is on the table.

Top Bottom