• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Doc General Discussion: Ask and ye shall receive ft. otg and Shroomed!

Scidadle

Smash Champion
I get a lot of practice vs a very good fox and I still get ***** by him every time.

I can come close but I can very rarely take a game.

Scidadle

Smash Champion
I play vs the second best fox in florida on a weekly basis. he's really good.

Also colbol lives in FL and he placed higher than any fox in CA except mango

But I do agree. On average WC players are better

Shroomed

Smash Master
You guys need to choose your moves better vs spacies. They can stuff a lot so you have to be really smart about what moves you do/when/what percents and whatnot.

I'm not too good at explaining anything other than teams. I kind of have to be in the moment to know what to do in what situation.

boss8

Smash Hero
me and otg are like right below dajuan....its like dajuan (HUGE GAP) otg,boss....

loool

wish i can get godlike practice =[

but no one really plays that much around here...(no one godlike)

the best practice i can get is chillin....or spacies who just run in all day..

MountainGoat

Smash Journeyman
A bunch of Shroomed videos just got posted on youtube from Apex 2013. Including vs Kage and Colbol

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Shroomed, how did you do so well @ Apex? And props to you bro, I know I'm late, but your performance w/ a mid-high tier character demonstrates a lot of your talent w/ this game...

*How much do you typically practice, or did practice when you were rising up in your skill level?
*And how long have you been playing competitively?
*Any tips on how to grow as a player w/ a small amount of experience? (I've only been playing tournaments for about a year consistently now).

Shroomed

Smash Master
1. When I wasn't good, I played on a daily or every other day basis. I constantly watched videos of Doc players in order to see how they did things too. I also watched myself a lot (once I started getting recorded) for bad habits. I play like 2-3 times a week with Pewpewu nowadays.

2. I've been playing (competitively) since 2008.

3. Smash a lot. I also tend to theorize a ton. I play matches out in my head against certain players and I kind of imagine things I can do in response to things they like to do.

It's a long road to get good at smash, but very worth it in the end. Smash is a very hard game, so it's very rewarding when you see improvement.

Griffard

Smash Ace
Holy **** Shroomed, you BLEW Kage UP! Utter destruction. Those other sets were pretty dope as well, haha. Hope I get to meet you/get some games or Doc advice at Genesis III or EVO.

Gea

Smash Master
Shroomed unleashin the beast. Really surprised you beat WB, just because he seems to understand Doc's tools pretty well. Damn man. You make me feel like a ***** for playing Sheik these days

Shroomed

Smash Master
Me and Wes were both super nervous. I got lucky on that randomly bad DI'd downsmash at the end.

I can't play Doc on the WC because everyone here is too good against him. If you guys get better and train your regions up, I may end up struggling more at nationals.

Btw, you guys know I get away with some of those things BECAUSE they're not simply safe/best choice. You can't be too afraid to throw some things out. Although Doc's nair is a bad thing to throw out randomly

Gea

Smash Master
Seriously, you have some serious patience that very few players have. Knowing when to go in and when to sit there and let them is one of the hardest skills to pick up personally, and you make it look so easy.

Max?

Smash Champion
Me and Wes were both super nervous. I got lucky on that randomly bad DI'd downsmash at the end.

I can't play Doc on the WC because everyone here is too good against him. If you guys get better and train your regions up, I may end up struggling more at nationals.

Btw, you guys know I get away with some of those things BECAUSE they're not simply safe/best choice. You can't be too afraid to throw some things out. Although Doc's nair is a bad thing to throw out randomly
Agreed with most of these points. You could tell Wes was super nervous through most of that set.

Most of the people I play with regularly are/were really good vs. Doc (Hax/PC/Niko. Sadly I don't have much time to go to tournies, and NY is free anyway, so who cares?

Top Bottom