• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Doc General Discussion: Ask and ye shall receive ft. otg and Shroomed!

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
i think doc jiggs is alright. jiggs can save the hell out of doc, and moves somewhat fast through the air, so it's not that bad if jiggs gets hit off the stage and doc is on his own. also, when doc gets hit off the stage, jiggs can just float above your opponents, avoiding the double team.

what do you guys think about a doc gannon team?

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
UpB does combo into stuff, you just have to carry people up to platforms with it. It works best on fastfallers, though. Its hard to say what links into what..because theres DI and this is melee, but its terribly easy for opponents to get 'snapped' to platform, miss the tech, and get smashed ftl. (or jab reset to grab)
This last tourney I UpBed a Falco to the top of FoD, and launched him with enough stun to follow up to a quick DJ'F.air.

UpB out of shield is great for when they're behind you. You could potentially bait their shuffle with your back turn, aim your shield, UpB carry them to the platform above. UpB can sometimes be your only follow up option after d.air or upair if you drop ideal positions. Done right, its safe damage.

UpB Canceling is...meh. Theres a couple situations in footsies, wheres its good if you anticipate a grab, but just regular UpB doesn't get enough credit.

onionchowder

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I love up-B tech-chase onto platforms vs. fast fallers. I really like Yoshi's and FoD for Doc just because of that.

The last hit of up-B also hits floaties pretty high. Does anyone know if Doc can get low % kills on floaties on Yoshi's/PS with it?

Shroomed

Smash Master
I tried to get Peach in the stun animation if you get her while she's rising with her upB but I was a little late.

In other news, I love Doc again. I thought I was playing pretty well at the regional aside from how I played vs KK. I noobed it up and he ***** me for it.

I LOVE KK SO MUCH. We're so even it's great. Falco's still gay. Getting 3rd sucks.

Btw, everyone pick up Sheik for teams and get a good fox teammate. Fox/Sheik too good. Beating Mango/Lucky in GFs was the highlight of the tournament for me.

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
No kidding, Fox compliments Sheik so well!

Fist pound on being the two teams to beat mango/lucky this weekend.

Edit: Scorpion/lucky for us

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Shroomed vs KK

where was all the chaingrabbing? and dthrow fair?

also shroomed, why do you do the insta double jump pill a lot instead of a regular full jump pill?

Shroomed

Smash Master
Eh, that was the only set I feel I didn't play well at that tournament. Every other set I thought I was playing pretty good.

I don't like normal full jump pill for some reason. No real reason.
I think I'm just more comfortable in the air than I would be landing on the ground with a bit of pill lag.

Max?

Smash Champion
You played mad good yo, especialy for a 90-10 matchup. My only critique besides your punish game feeling a bit off was that you weren't aggressive in certain edgeguard situations where you could've been. I saw a number of opportunities where a WD offstage Bair would've caught him, but instead you would just WD to the ledge and not get a lot from it.

Just food for thought tho, in general you played like a monster and that vid was hype as hell

VGmasta

Smash Lord
I haven't seen your vs KirbyK vid yet Shroomed. But you seem like you somehow got a bit better with Doc somehow. It looks like you annihilated Darrell and Lucky. And although you didn't win the set, you might've embarassed Mang0 a bit as well.

Shroomed

Smash Master
I fell for KK's upB to the ledge like 3815713897489 times.

He mindgamed me from rock, paper, scissors. He kept picking rock and I never caught on and he used that in the set, so smart!

Brookman

Smash Hero
you looked really tired in the last match. like you just weren't in it, kinda just going through the motions

Shroomed

Smash Master
I wasn't tired, but me and KK are way too even for me to come back from 0-2.

I JUST WANNA PLAY DAVID FOREVER. We'd get so good if we could just play for long periods of time together. Break into that top 5 circle!

KK backairs so fast, it's pretty hard to deal with.

D

Deleted member

could say socals slippin but not ME im still feelin GOOD when on point

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Hey Shroomed I just watched you vs. Kirbykaze and I felt like I had to tell you that you make a lot of unforced errors. I see you do things and I think ''C'mon Shroomed, you should know better''.

Anyways you're still probably my favorite player. Good luck at FC.

D

Deleted member

dajuan 40 dollar MM if we dont play in bracket tired of this **** where i never play people i wanna play

D

Deleted member

NOPE sunday-tuesday is a horrifying schedule if the runners were normal people and rua it friday-sunday or even thurs-sat that would be way better

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
lol
venue was 2x as expensive on the weekend, we didn't do sunday-tuesday just because we thought it was better.

sorry you couldn't make it johnny

Shroomed

Smash Master
The Good Doctor is in my FC pool. Along with Black Hayate, B-ryan, Eikelmann, garrR, Massive, Prince Abu, and Spife.

Top Bottom