• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Doc General Discussion: Ask and ye shall receive ft. otg and Shroomed!

Eggz

Smash Hero
Yeah lol I had to reset after that set

AKA call Otto, discuss some matchup ****, and take a few more shots and drink an energy drink

I went DK in a few matches I think

Can't wait to see grand finals, it was really fun. Good **** :3

also lets play LoL

Eggz

Smash Hero
Mario vs doc is mad boring

I was about to pull Mario out cuz winners finals went poorly, but Trebor told me I should just stay Fox and it worked out well enough to not want to switch.

Wuttup Scrim, where you been?! goin to Genesis? You already know about Geisha tier baby ;3

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I meant to come on here and say I played melee with n64 last week. I would have then continued to say I'm completely upset at how much of a crack addiction melee is and how it pretty much is like riding a bike.

And then I was going to disappear for another 2 or 3 months or so.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
NO YOU DON'T!

GET YOUR *** BACK HERE, DOGY

@ Eggz:

Not much going on here man. I really wanted to go to Genesis, bur I can't. Money reasons.

Smooth Criminal

VGmasta

Smash Lord
I meant to come on here and say I played melee with n64 last week. I would have then continued to say I'm completely upset at how much of a crack addiction melee is and how it pretty much is like riding a bike.

Now if you'd just stop BS-ing around and get back into melee for real, I'm sure the entire smash community would become more entertained by that crazy legit Doc you had.

Or at least come back for the commentary. This thread is pretty hype over your commentary:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=292326

Max?

Smash Champion

Maaan, I'm jealous. I miss you and I miss Andy, he needs to move back to NY asap. And whatever happened to you moving to the bronx?

IC's, they're really gay. I lost to Fly Amanita this past weekend. Second place is really angering.
Icies are tough, not surprised you lost to him at all. I kinda get the feeling you're going to encounter a lot more problems once when you leave your region.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
do any of you use pills to control space and limit options rather than to deal damage?
for some reason i'd be far more worried about a doc doing the former.

Shroomed

Smash Master
Maaan, I'm jealous. I miss you and I miss Andy, he needs to move back to NY asap. And whatever happened to you moving to the bronx?

Icies are tough, not surprised you lost to him at all. I kinda get the feeling you're going to encounter a lot more problems once when you leave your region.
Lol, I've left my region. IC's are just one of my weakest matchups along with falco. The only IC's we have in Norcal are Boback/Sidefx, so I'm pretty bad vs them.

Pills are great for damage if you can predict movements. 8% per pill is so good guys!

Violence

Smash Lord
Pfff, just play with Andre more.

And I can't wait to see you get ****ed up by Fly...

Makes me feel better about when he 3 stocked me in friendlies. Dude is ridiculous.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
do any of you use pills to control space and limit options rather than to deal damage?
for some reason i'd be far more worried about a doc doing the former.
Yes. I mostly throw pills for free possible damage or to manipulate an action.

For example, I do a FH b-air to wall out Falcon's jump out of shield. Falcon stays in shield. So I fall with another b-air. Falcon tries to shieldgrab it.

Next time, I do a FH b-air to wall out Falcon's jump out of shield. Falcon stay in shield. Now, I air jump to space a pill. Falcon tries to shieldgrab it and takes 8%, :laugh:.

The amount of pills I decide to use (along with most of the stuff in this game) also greatly depend on the matchup and the player I'm going against.

Example, super campy floaties (Luigi, Ganon, Jigglypuff, Peach, Bowser, Samus) will be contested with more pills from me than if I were to play against faster characters (Falcon, Fox, Marth, Sheik).

I rarely use the pills for spacing/zoning because most of the matchups I get to experience now can't realistically be zoned by Doc's pills.
So how's the doc boards doin
I haven't seen you since 2010 man. I'm on the Doc boards quite often (as usual :grin:). So I can tell you what's been goin' on.

For the most part the Doc boards have been pretty dead. I don't recall the Doc boards finding any that would be metagame-altering for Doc either. DogySamich hasn't really posted (consistently) in here since like September or October 2010. I think you stopped posting consistently shortly after Dogy left us.

Shroomed still wins a crapton of matches/tournaments (THIS MUHFUHKER GOT 9TH AT POUND 5, SMH!). Other than that, you have a few recordings of SmashMac from NOOB 3, OTG has some tournament matches from NO JOHNS tournaments, haven't seen too much of HMW on the melee scene but I think he still plays, and Boss has played in some tournament recently (got recorded vs Mers [Marth]). I don't think anyone else got recorded too much since you left, so I don't know what other Doc player really plays anymore.

I myself have only been to like 5 tournaments since Dogy's departure from the Doc boards: WATO 13 and some other WATO (HungryBox's house), NOOB 3 in Orlando, RAGE in Gainesville, and Murder Circuit. Overall, I think I got a lot better in performing in tournament matches. I placed mediocre in all of them, except for NOOB 3 where I got last place. I lost to some Falco player (Pengie) in Winners bracket, mostly because of whack stages. Then I got embarrassingly annihilated by RockCrock in Losers' bracket. WTF was RockCrock doing in Losers' bracket so early anyway?! lol.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Depending on who was at the tourney, it would be no surprise that RockCrock was sent to Losers' early. Not taking away anything from RockCrock---guy's mad good---but Florida's got some amazing talent. Like, if Col Bol was there (and if he was really on point)....? Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Smooth Criminal

VGmasta

Smash Lord
Depending on who was at the tourney, it would be no surprise that RockCrock was sent to Losers' early. Not taking away anything from RockCrock---guy's mad good---but Florida's got some amazing talent. Like, if Col Bol was there (and if he was really on point)....? Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Smooth Criminal
Great point, Florida is really good and I'm sure he lost to a good player. Still I couldn't help but think "Why?! Why did the bracket have to redirect him vs me in Losers' damm it?!" lol. Love to watch his Ganondorf, but I hate playing 'seriously' against that thing it. Oh well, maybe I'll get him some day. I can always use Linguini as my practice dummy as long as he's still in Gainesville, lol.

Max?

Smash Champion
So how's the doc boards doin
You're not missing ****. Most of the people here don't do **** but talk alot of ****. Shroomed ***** his region using Sheik/Marth now, still has the best Doc tho. As for myself, I've actually been beating good people and doing really well in teams, tho my singles placings are still lacking. I seem to get 7th or 9th at most No Johns regardless of how many people are there. It could be 70 people or 18, I'm getting 9th.

Getting kinda frustrating tbh, but I'm ****** *****s in teams so who cares?

Oh, I also ***** forward, but no one seems to give a **** about that.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
You're not missing ****. Most of the people here don't do **** but talk alot of ****. Shroomed ***** his region using Sheik/Marth now, still has the best Doc tho. As for myself, I've actually been beating good people and doing really well in teams, tho my singles placings are still lacking. I seem to get 7th or 9th at most No Johns regardless of how many people are there. It could be 70 people or 18, I'm getting 9th.

Getting kinda frustrating tbh, but I'm ****** *****s in teams so who cares?

Oh, I also ***** forward, but no one seems to give a **** about that.
I loved your set vs Forward man. But don't hold on to those victories too tightly. You can always do better. =) na mean?

Who do you usually team with?

Max?

Smash Champion
Thanks dude. I mix up who I team with, but if PC goes to locals he and I tend to team. This past weekend I teamed with Abate (a ridiculous Luigi player who is coming out of nowhere) and the No Johns before HarriettheGuy. I always try to mix up who I team with, and I'm a fan of jank teams (teaming with N64 last year, Doc/Pika was so funn).

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Thanks dude. I mix up who I team with, but if PC goes to locals he and I tend to team. This past weekend I teamed with Abate (a ridiculous Luigi player who is coming out of nowhere) and the No Johns before HarriettheGuy. I always try to mix up who I team with, and I'm a fan of jank teams (teaming with N64 last year, Doc/Pika was so funn).
Tight man. :) Are you going to HOPE by chance?

Abate is really scary, just based on his good tournament record. His consistancy at a such a low playtime (at least from what people tell me) is just crazy good. I think humans are just getting smarter butttt that's just me haha.

Max?

Smash Champion
I have no idea what HOPE is, but if it's convenient for me and I can convince other people to come, then maybe lol.

Yeah Abate's a monster. He's actually been around and playing for awhile, it's just that he's only recently been going to tournies. He's trained with GSO, who is another completely unknown secret boss in Tristate that people don't know about who is maaaaad good. He was the only person to take a game off me in my pool at Zenith, which had HBK, Chain-Ace and a number of other people I can't recall in it.

Kid's mad good.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
I have no idea what HOPE is, but if it's convenient for me and I can convince other people to come, then maybe lol.

Yeah Abate's a monster. He's actually been around and playing for awhile, it's just that he's only recently been going to tournies. He's trained with GSO, who is another completely unknown secret boss in Tristate that people don't know about who is maaaaad good. He was the only person to take a game off me in my pool at Zenith, which had HBK, Chain-Ace and a number of other people I can't recall in it.

Kid's mad good.
Damn yeah, there are mad good hidden players all over sometimes. We have a few, def.

HOPE is some PA tourney weekend after this one I believe. I'm trying to get Chu to go.

Niko45

Smash Master
It's pretty funny because a couple months ago, at the first tournament I saw Abate at, he was a Falco player with a Luigi secondary (very tournament viable secondary, mind you). HIs Falco and Luigi were pretty close to each other. Now he appears to be going almost all Luigi in tourney. Kinda funny when you have a **** Luigi and a **** Falco and you choose to pursue Luigi lol. He's still placing consistently too.

Max?

Smash Champion
There are too many spacies/top tiers out there. People don't know how to fight luigi as well, and his is crazy fast/smart/janky. Genius move imo. The last thing we need is more mediocre spacies nowadays.

Niko45

Smash Master
Yup. They're so easy to be decent with, but so hard to be truly great with. Plus it's more exciting to pursue a character that hasn't gone very far yet and see if you can take it into uncharted territory.

Max?

Smash Champion
This thread should be the "Why Abate is cooler/better than all the Doc mains". He's shown me a bunch of **** that I've never see any Luigi do/talk about. Really pushing that stupid characters potential. He actually makes it seem like Luigi can recover.

Top Bottom