• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Doc General Discussion: Ask and ye shall receive ft. otg and Shroomed!

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Dear Norcal,
I wanted to make a quick post and say that Shroom or Da4Uan or how ever the **** you spell his name is such a fat mediocre piece of ****. Stupid short ****.
As a region we really need to step it up enough to make sure his cocky ***** *** doesnt win anything from here on out. This is really getting ridiculous with him winning. Come back Norcal players, become great and beat this ugly **** back to what ever dark crevasse he crawled out from.

Thank you and God bless
Never thought I'd see the day when kids qq over a Doc player destroying them. Keep beastin' kids Shroomed and win more tournaments.

Max?

Smash Champion
Ricky you're fake as ****. Continue to sleep, it's fine. People always take a step away from what is true.

T-Cash

Smash Apprentice
wow where were you guys 2 years ago when everyone jumped in my ******* for saying marth was my favorite matchup

"BUBUBUBUT DOC HAS 0-DEATH CHAINGRABS ON FOX FALCO AND SHEIK HOW CAN U NT LIKE TO PLAY THEM :nerd: "
i recall us talkin about this a while back lol

DarrellD

Smash Ace
Never thought I'd see the day when kids qq over a Doc player destroying them. Keep beastin' kids Shroomed and win more tournaments.
I havent seen his piece of **** doc in months i think lol
Its just been his mediocre alts for a few weeks.

Niko45

Smash Master
It's more about consistant placings at locals/regionals then "oh hay I beet this purson"

Shroomed is a ****ing monster and the world should be very afraid of him.
No it isn't. I mean, that kind of goes hand in hand when you talk about placing CONSISTENTLY, assuming that the region is really active you would have to be beating good people in order to place like that all the time.

But for like a one time analysis a one time placing means nothing compared to a one-time beating somebody. Brackets are always flawed and placings never are as accurate a gauge as who you are actually beating imo.

It's all about who you are beating, not what number is next to your name. It's who you are beating that gives value to that number next to your name on the results page.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
No it isn't. I mean, that kind of goes hand in hand when you talk about placing CONSISTENTLY, assuming that the region is really active you would have to be beating good people in order to place like that all the time.

But for like a one time analysis a one time placing means nothing compared to a one-time beating somebody. Brackets are always flawed and placings never are as accurate a gauge as who you are actually beating imo.

It's all about who you are beating, not what number is next to your name. It's who you are beating that gives value to that number next to your name on the results page.
Nah, you're right. I guess I just think of it as consistant placings = usually beating good players, whereas beating good players doesn't necessarily mean consistant players? Haha.

Also, yeah. The bracket thing is kinda ridic, I find most tournies to be somewhat skewed via bracket placement. Oh well. How did you do at Zenith?

Max?

Smash Champion
I just want to be acknowledged, and I would figure that my fellow mains who use this ****ty character would be happy for me that I'm finally starting to break out and make a name for myself. I guess not tho, I guess it's just about being the ONLY good main. God forbid there is room for more than one Axe or Kage or someone.

Niko45

Smash Master
Nah, you're right. I guess I just think of it as consistant placings = usually beating good players, whereas beating good players doesn't necessarily mean consistant players? Haha.

Also, yeah. The bracket thing is kinda ridic, I find most tournies to be somewhat skewed via bracket placement. Oh well. How did you do at Zenith?
I had one of those "meh" tournaments. I didn't lose to anyone that I feel like I shouldn't lose to but I also didn't beat any of the people I'm striving to beat. It was a really fun tournament, though. Great mix of players.

MD/VA was crazy impressive, though. I didn't expect them to stuff the top 10 to the degree that they did.

---

And in all seriousness it really is too bad otg couldn't make day 2 because he was tearing up everyone on day 1. There was a bit of a buzz going around the tournament about it. It's too bad haters will hate, but everyone who was at Zenith knows what's good with otg.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer

you've grown up!

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
uthrow is pretty **** vs marth at low percent. Ive been able to string uair combos with upthrow and do more damage then say dthrow to usmash/uptilt/uair. I also think fullhop bair/uair needs to be used more. its so underrated.

how do you guys deal with a marth that does alot of empty sh and reacts to you coming in with a fair?

any general tips vs marth wud be nice

also what do you guys tend to do after you land a late aerial (uair, bair) on the opponents shield? I used to almost always jab, but thats been getting cc grabbed way too easily. dsmash is decent but it sucks that if they keep sheilding, it just pushes them away and you lose the advantage. any one have better suggestions?

Niko45

Smash Master
Pretty sure I haven't tried to cc grab doc in like 2 years. That's just asking to die from a dsmash at like 50.

Jab dsmash should beat or at least come close enough to beating cc grab that they'd have to guess you were jabbing so don't be predictable. Like was discussed a few pages back the window to punish a shielded well spaced dsmash for Marth is very small so just mix it up and you should be getting free KOs off of horrible DI to counteract getting cc grabbed sometimes.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
how do you guys deal with a marth that does alot of empty sh and reacts to you coming in with a fair?

any general tips vs marth wud be nice

also what do you guys tend to do after you land a late aerial (uair, bair) on the opponents shield? I used to almost always jab, but thats been getting cc grabbed way too easily. dsmash is decent but it sucks that if they keep sheilding, it just pushes them away and you lose the advantage. any one have better suggestions?
Yeah, Marth is a tough case to solve.

If Marth is doin' lots of empty hops, just adapt to them by hitting Marth out of the air.
Once Marth lands from the empty SH to do a f-air, it'll probably be too late to punish the empty hop.

If Marth f-airs, shield it then try to up-air or b-air him (depends on where Marth is on your shield after he f-airs).

If it's a retreating f-air, you probably get no punish for it. All you can do about that is try to predict what Marth will do after the retreating f-air and react accordingly.

What to do after landing late aerials on shield depends on your prediction also:
Spotdodge if you predict a cc grab.
Grab if you predict your opponent to just shield.

But they could also choose to jump or roll or spotdodge after shielding the late aerial. You just have to pick/guess an action based on how you think your opponent will react.

Niko45

Smash Master

If Marth is empty short hopping predictably you can just time a roll behind him and completely **** him for it. Wavedashing in with shield is always always a good idea in this situation anyway, you should have a ton of options for ****** him at that point, including the roll behind.

How about just grabbing him? This is sort of an odd question honestly because this situation doesn't really happen too often in this matchup from my experience. Marth wants to shield when he's out of position against Doc's ground game, but his air game? Marth just challenges that, so it's usually either you getting hit or landing hits in the air battle. Marth shielding late aerials just seems odd because there are huge windows to like roll away or escape somehow before you're allowing that kind of pressure. The Marth you're playing probably gets stuck in shield way too much.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Yeah, Marth is a tough case to solve.

If Marth is doin' lots of empty hops, just adapt to them by hitting Marth out of the air.
Once Marth lands from the empty SH to do a f-air, it'll probably be too late to punish the empty hop.

If Marth f-airs, shield it then try to up-air or b-air him (depends on where Marth is on your shield after he f-airs).

If it's a retreating f-air, you probably get no punish for it. All you can do about that is try to predict what Marth will do after the retreating f-air and react accordingly.
thats the thing, he empty hops only to reactionally fair if he seems me coming in. So pretty much just doing that annoying zoning ****. and its usually a fadeback sh
What to do after landing late aerials on shield depends on your prediction also:
Spotdodge if you predict a cc grab.
Grab if you predict your opponent to just shield.

But they could also choose to jump or roll or spotdodge after shielding the late aerial. You just have to pick/guess an action based on how you think your opponent will react.
spotdodge is decent. I've been using this a bit, but i feel i spotdodge too much and im trying to get away from it. i never tried jumping

If Marth is empty short hopping predictably you can just time a roll behind him and completely **** him for it. Wavedashing in with shield is always always a good idea in this situation anyway, you should have a ton of options for ****** him at that point, including the roll behind.
rolling behind is such an odd thing that i never think to do cuz its seems so unsafe. but it probably would work

How about just grabbing him? This is sort of an odd question honestly because this situation doesn't really happen too often in this matchup from my experience. Marth wants to shield when he's out of position against Doc's ground game, but his air game? Marth just challenges that, so it's usually either you getting hit or landing hits in the air battle. Marth shielding late aerials just seems odd because there are huge windows to like roll away or escape somehow before you're allowing that kind of pressure. The Marth you're playing probably gets stuck in shield way too much.
It's possible that he just shields too much. But this does occur quite often when im playing. Theres a ton of waveland off a platform into aerial going on in my play. and thats usually where it happens. Also when you do fullhop aerial, to another aerial on the way down.

but yea, ill try just grabbing after a late aerial if they cc grab the jab too much. and ill try rolling behind when they commit to empty shs too much

Max?

Smash Champion
Full Hop Aerial -> FF aerial is pretty immaculate vs characters with mediocre OOS games.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
So after years of trying to defeat RockCrock and my recent attempts at beating Linguini, I've decided that I don't have the ability to beat patient Ganons who don't get easily annoyed by pills and know how to edgeguard Doc. That's just the way it is.

Can anyone show me how to win a tournament set with Doc against a really good Ganon. I'm running out of ideas.

SmashMac

Smash Lord
So after years of trying to defeat RockCrock and my recent attempts at beating Linguini, I've decided that I don't have the ability to beat patient Ganons who don't get easily annoyed by pills and know how to edgeguard Doc. That's just the way it is.

Can anyone show me how to win a tournament set with Doc against a really good Ganon. I'm running out of ideas.
Ricky, until you've reached a mind-set and such a solid understanding of the game that you know mostly every situation's ins and outs, you won't be able to beat Dennis, atleast consistently. I still can't beat him consistently. On my good days, we go head to head, but he still takes the majority of the matches off of me. You just need to play as many people as possible to build up some muscle memory and watch people play. Start understanding what people do in certain situations.

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
I dont get how jab is getting cc grabbed if the opponent is shielding. am i missing something? are they putting their shield down before jab comes out?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
yea, they might try i grab me after my late aerial. my jab interrupts it like its sposed to do

but then they just ccgrab the **** out of that ****

Shroomed

Smash Master
Went all doc yesterday and beat Eggz in GF 3-1.

You guys are in for treats. For everyone complaining about marth, watch my set vs pewpewu when it's up.

:phone:

Shroomed

Smash Master
He went all fox. Shane, that was the sorriest winner's finals I'd ever seen haha.

I'm glad we put on a show in GF's to make up for it though.

Top Bottom