• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you play a musical instument?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I've been looking into picking up the most brutal, terrifyingly awesome instrument to ever be put onto this planet, the one instrument capable of making entire armies tremble at the sight of their awesomeness.

Accordion.
OMG! So true. I found someone like me XD!!

I am gonna be taking lessons to play it soon. This thing is too godly

SaxyPlayah

Smash Apprentice
Saxophone PWNS all!!

Yeah, i play the sax, all of 'em....but i mainly play the alto for most bands. This instrument is my forte (pun intended) and will always be my first true love. In marching band however, i am a proud member of drumline....yeah, drumline beats the tuba corps always....we seriously have one of the best high school drumlines in the entire state of illinois, and possible the US, no joke....drumline always blows the competition out of the water during marching band competitions. Mainly because we work our ***** off during the winter and summer, lol.

Ive been excited these past few weeks though for jazz band. Ive discovered we are playing a piece which requires alto, soprano sax and clarinet!! yeah!! So yeah, i need to learn to play the clarinet....i do know some about it, but im not the best at it...hehe

For the longest time, ive been wanting to play the guitar and the kit....but i have neither to practice on :( But yeah, i will give an arm and a leg to learn how to play these instruments (ha, ironic and redundant).

oh yeah, i also know how to play piano.....for the most part....lol

Ebonyks

Smash Apprentice
Cello, vocals, ukulele, and guitar in order of skill. I'm quite good at the first three, if anyone has a band they want some parts for, don't hesitate to send me a pm

kiwiii

Smash Lord
cello since 4th grade, bassoon since 7th, piano since forever but never seriously
i was also on drumline during marching season in high school rofl
music perf majors :D sweeeeet

Red Exodus

Smash Master
What kind of freak steals a sax? Someone that likes tasting other people's spit? That's so weird, I'd be pissed.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
bassoon since 7th
OMG! So I'm not the only one! (aside from Fantasia... that's his name, right? XD)

And you play cello, too. You have great taste in instruments.:grin:

RazeveX

Smash Ace
What kind of freak steals a sax? Someone that likes tasting other people's spit? That's so weird, I'd be pissed.
well...you could change the mouthpiece...

anyway, 10 years piano, 5 years guitar, 3 years drums, 3 years sax, and all of the lesser instruments which i can play but never got lessons for (recorder, harmonica, double bass, bass, etc)

FireJumpPunch

Smash Apprentice
I play the oud. If you don't know what that is, just look it up on Wikipedia. I'm not too good at it (yet), but I really enjoy it. I'm hoping that I'll learn to play a lot of different instruments eventually. Only time will tell, I guess.

bored

Smash Ace
I've been learning to play the piano for about half a year now and I'm just starting to learn how to play a bass guitar. I'm torn that it took 16 years for me to realize how fun it is to play music.

jgrant1100

Smash Apprentice
insterment

5 Years Of Orchestra Bass
It's So Funny One Of My Senior Friends Were Braging His Hands Move More Acuratley

But Today My Teacher Was Telling How Good Of A Vibrato I Have And Bassicly Wanted Me To Show Him How

Chris1319

Smash Rookie
i play bassoon, sax, piano, guitar hero, used to play flute and would love to play glass armonica if it wern't impossible to find (because it probably hasn't been made for about 100 years), and the health problems associated with playing it.

Kilroy71

Smash Cadet
Music is practically my life...I just can't get enough of it, so yes I do play a few instruments. My first instrument(and the one I'm most skilled at) is the Alto Saxophone. I'm also studying Guitar and Clarinet at the moment. My long wishlist of instruments to learn is as follows...Mandolin, Violin, Drums, Piano, Bass, and some others that I can't really think of right now. (I also sing, but that doesn't technically count)

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Play guitar (a few simple songs, I'm hardly "band-status"), I dabbled in and out of piano (I can play Star Wars :D), and my family got a bass for Christmas (I only know Psycho Killer by Talking Heads, been looking up other tabs).

inside

Smash Journeyman
I play a little but of guitar and a little bit of drums and I used to take piano lessons until grade 2, and I played the trombone in my school band.

saberhof

Smash Master
Music is practically my life...I just can't get enough of it
quoted for truth...music is my life also, its what i know most about, at the side of videogames xD..

and ive been playing guitar for 6 years now...thats all i can play...and i enjoy it alot...

afterlife

Smash Rookie
I can actually play Guitar and Bass, I have been doing so for quite some time now, but I really don't practice that much anymore
same here...
I never practice, but I love playing them (weird huh?).

Me and my friends are starting a band soon so maybe I'll start practicing more.

Oh I play Bass, Guitar, and Electric Guitar....

Marie_54

Smash Ace
I play guitar, started about 3 years ago... Both electric and classic but my true love is electric.

After the first year and a half i got pretty good and my parents decided to reward me with a new guitar so i started entering guitar shops wearing pink shirts(for hilarity purposes) and trying out guitars by playing Master Of Puppets(Metallica 80's because frankly now they suck.),some other early Metallica song or pull-off,tapping solos. I gathered these WTH!? little crowds, it was pretty funny.

Now i can play a hell of a lot more songs than back then but Master Of Puppets is still my favorite song... but i haven't been able to learn the whole second solo yet... Its soo fast O.o

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
i started guitar about last week and i just got a fender starcaster. im having some trouble with alt strumming, as my up strums often drag on the string and become out of rhythm and sound blunt. any help for this issue?

saberhof

Smash Master
alternate strumming, well just practice it slowly then start going faster when you know your never gonna make a mistake. as for rhythm...metronome maybe?...

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
i started guitar about last week and i just got a fender starcaster. im having some trouble with alt strumming, as my up strums often drag on the string and become out of rhythm and sound blunt. any help for this issue?
Metronomes are pretty much the only way to get your up picking up to snuff. I have a few alternate picking exercises if you wish for some help.

My biggest issue with music is I have no time to practice. I go to school from 7-6 every day so when I get home, I am drained and I have homework. Then weekends are also homework days. I really hate the fact that I can't practice, but at lessons I manage to keep up with the teacher (possibly due to talent) which screws me over in end because I realize I can pass even with out practicing. I do try to force myself to practice recently, so we'll see how that works out.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Um, I could really use some help here, Proom. <3

Item: (Piano!) Lead sheets for popular music.

Description: Possibly Coldplay, Radiohead (please! :o), etc. If you could find a whole Fake Book with popular music (and not stuff like "Great Balls of Fire" >.<), that too please. I'm extremely new to trying to find music to play, seeing as how I'm extremely new to the Piano... but the method I'm using to learn has me using Lead sheets and Fake Books, please.

Deadline: Um, I would just really appreciate some feedback... does anyone ever look at this thread? :(
This is just copy pasta from the Search Engine topic, but it fits here too... could anyone help me find some lead sheets or a whole fake book full of popular music? free or not, I really can't find anything besides old music...

I feel lost

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Music stores are your best bet honestly. DON'T BUY SHEET MUSIC ONLINE!

I bought Classical Gas for 4 bucks and it was awful. I had to make corrections to it that were simple stuff it just ignored.

Top Bottom