• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

You might not know who the character is, and it might not be who you had in mind, but let's admit it.

He's in.
1633379684073.png

All this talking about SNES soundtracks made me think about how out of left field this pick would be and I'm not sure if I would love it or not. I would definitely lean more towards love, I think.

The day's drawing to a close and the final reveal is a lot closer than any of us are probably prepared for. It's been miserable and fun at the same time.

Shoutouts to everyone I got in a fight with. Take it easy.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
le know that they shouldn't over-speculate. Just keep your expectations low and don't hope for someone like Sora (though that'd be obvious), Doom Protagonist,
as much as i want him... wasnt doom guy like hard deconfirmed? like teh studio saying he isnt in?. same with atelier.. :c

When the previous direct started and we started seeing gothic castles a little part of me shispered "alucard"in my ear.. but i knew it was too good to be true.

As far as Hype would go, i predict something akin to crash, an lol character isnt that ridiculous either, or chun li...

Then someone earlier said than only byleth and min min were revealed in the same sakurai presents. which the chances of a first party arent bad. (Then again pyrha and mythra break teh mold)

I just hope is not a bipedal pokemon... (Cinderace or Zeroara). i rather not get another pokemon, but if its at least nonbipedal, it would bring something interesting to the table.

Another Zelda Character would be dope...a rythm heaven character, or waluigi arent my top picks, but would feel right. I actuallywouldnt mind one of the 3 houses lords, but the internet would melt down hard if taht would be the case... and dixie kong could potentially be pretty neat.

I never though i would say this... but i dont know if i want a metroid dread character.... XD... maybe a chozo.. but still unlikely.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
earth didnt had too much support but conditions if i recall correctly. (bleed)
I think Bleed is common, but I remember a lot of the weapons having some sort of damage barrier and I think some of them have Blind as well (though it's also common in Air so I may be mistaken on that).

Also I think I mixed up Tempest and Weaver again.

So...CP11 is Rytlock Brimstone then?
Probably not but oh boy would I pop off.

TheLamerGamer

Smash Journeyman
I've been away from smashboards for a while thanks to the stupid amount of schoolwork I've been doing (I literally have to help run my school for some reason now), and applying for uni. But it would just feel wrong not to take part in speculation for the last character.

The thing is, I could see it being literally any character. Obviously there are characters I want (Nahobino / Demi-Fiend), but I don't really consider them to be any more likely than anyone else. On the bright side, I've never been upset with a character (partially because I don't see the point in getting upset at a game, and partially because even if I don't care about the character I enjoy how they all play, and I like all the content they include.)

That said, if I had to bet on a character, it would probably be Demi-Fiend, because he has stuff going for him, and I honestly just really want SMT content in smash.

But in case I don't have another chance to post here before the final character is revealed, it's been fun. Mostly. You guys are all really cool, and it's been nice having a way to just talk about something I enjoy with other people who like it just as much, especially considering how bad the last year and a bit have been. Thanks.

ShrimpScampi

Smash Journeyman
Oh man, the final reveal is getting closer and closer. Tbh I don't have any solid predictions for who the final fighter could be. I could see them ending with a first party, a huge third party to end it with a bang, or a smaller third party. Of the characters I'm actively rooting for, the one I think has the best shot is Phoenix, but there are still a lot of other characters that I see as just as likely as him, if not more likely.

Also happy Kazuya day. To be honest, Kazuya's in a similar boat to Banjo where he's neat, but not really for me. The reveal confused me -- I wasn't expecting another Tekken character after Heihachi got Mii'd, and I was pushing for a Tales rep, but the trailer was still funny with everyone getting thrown into the volcano.

Given that they're both DLC fighting game characters, it's easy for me to compare Kazuya to Terry, and tbh I think Terry wins out in most of the categories. To me, Terry has a more charming design and personality than Kazuya, and Terry clicks with me more moveset-wise. Kazuya feels very sluggish, and combining that with incredibly complicated normals makes him feel very hard to maneuver. In the right hands he can deal some explosive damage, though, and his mechanics are super intimidating (rage drives and passive super armor). He definitely has an interesting moveset, but it's just not for me.

The Mishima Dojo also has a wall-breaking mechanic like the KOF Arena, so I guess the comparisons continue. Breaking a hole in an upper portion of the wall can lead to some funny interactions going back to stage when your character gets launched through that hole.

In true fighting game character fashion, Kazuya's music library is huge. I didn't know any of the Tekken tracks beforehand, and I still need to sit down and listen through some of them, but the tracks I have heard are solid. I also appreciate that Tekken music has a very different style (and genre?) than the previous Challenger Packs, which brings in some nice variety.

Overall, I wasn't particularly excited about Kazuya's reveal, and I don't play him much. Still, the music was solid, so that's a plus.

Side note -- the one Tekken song I did know beforehand was The Strongest Iron Arena from Tekken Tag Tournament 2. However, it wasn't because I played Tekken; it was because it was used as the prosecutor's theme in an Ace Attorney fangame I played through. So I associate it more with Erol Brisbane than I do anything Tekken lol

Shroob

Sup?
This is the final time you'll be able to speculate.

The final time we'll see a Smash reveal in god knows how long.

I understand hyping responsibly under normal circumstances, but, this is the end. Why not just go crazy this one time? If it doesn't work out, big deal lol.

Come, join us on the hype train before it's too late. We're pulling into the final stop soon, and we'd hate you to miss it.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Steve is bigger than virtually every Smash character, and he was revealed in a mystery presentation.

Granted that was also in the midst of the pandemic where there wasn't really an outright Direct to stick him in, but Nintendo also had Partner Showcases that they didn't feel like revealing him in either, despite easily being able to.
That was an outliar. If E3 2020 wasn't cancelled we would have seen him there instead, im sure.

LAA9000

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
JUST#956
3DS FC
0361-9069-2936
Switch FC
SW-5393-4946-0209
My Last Smash Ultimate Speculation Post

Feel free to put on your emotional, commemorative song of choice. Here's mine:

The final Smash Ultimate character reveal is in 17 hours. The final stop in this 3-and-a-half year train ride. After Sakurai thanks us for watching and the end screen appears, we can finally leave the train. With the next software update, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate will be complete.

It's hard to think that I've been closely following this game's updates since the day it was revealed. I've previously quoted this post from before E3 2021 because it already captures my feelings towards the experience ending:
When Ultimate was first announced while I was asleep I was still a wee 12-year-old with no Switch and less than a year of Internet activity. Regardless, I was very excited. I saw the speculation over the silhouettes in front of the burning Smash logo, who else seemed likely to join and yes, the port vs sequel debates (I was always a sequel believer). For the first time, I was riding a game's hype train.

Imagine me when E3 2018 aired and formally revealed the game in its glory. I couldn't believe that not only was it a proper sequel, but every veteran ever to appear in the series was returning and :ultridley: was playable despite all the prior doubt. I was so hyped for the game I could hardly concentrate at school the next day, and to this day, it is still my most cherished gaming announcement. Not even BotW2 or :ultsteve: in Smash topped that.

From then, I watched lots of wishlist videos, kept up with the rumour mill and, of course, watched every Direct for the game. Though they don't come close to Everyone is Here, moments like the epic :ultsimon::ultrichter: dual reveal or the disconfirmation of the Grinch leak were still great. This continued post-release: after three weeks I finally bought a Switch (lol) with BotW and Smash, and proceeded to spend over 500 hours on the latter. I kept watching Directs and Mr. Sakurai Presentses (or Battling Withs as they're known in the UK), and from them had similarly cherished memories of :ultbanjokazooie: finally making it in after 20 years of requests, or :ultbyleth::ultbylethf: and :ultminmin dwindling my excitement only for :ultsteve: to break the Internet.

To say this has been a journey is... perfectly accurate, but that doesn't change how sentimental and bittersweet it is to see it end. I'm not going to bargain on it, though: I'm very much content with Ultimate ending the way it will tomorrow afternoon.
Furthermore, here is my recent retrospective, which looks more into each newcomer and my feelings on them:
JustNo's, formerly LAA9000 with no Premium status to allow for a name change, Smash Ultimate Newcomer Retrospective
Part 1: Base Game

I was asleep during the March 2018 Direct that announced Smash Ultimate, and being a wee 12-year-old lad, lacked the wisdom to turn off YouTube notifications the night before. Cue me waking up, turning on my iPad and finding GameXplain's Smash for Switch discussion video in my notifications, when I had no prior knowledge of such a thing being announced. Despite the spoiler, I was very excited. Smash was one of my favourite game series at the time, and I was of the age where I could join in on a new game's hype cycle, even without any particular most wanted characters. At the forefront of that were these two squid kids from a series that I wasn't interested in at the time.
Now that Smash Ultimate has been out for almost 3 years and I've gone through a giant Splatoon phase, I think this series' representation is fine, taking into account that most of it is based on Splatoon 1 due to development timings. Inkling's moveset is passable, though I wish there weren't so many generic kicks and instead they used weapons like the Charger that they don't currently use. I also wish ink was a buff to Inkling's mobility instead of damage, to reflect how it acts in its home series. I do like playing as them, but I could say that about most of the roster.
I wish Moray Towers wasn't the Splatoon stage either - it's my least favourite Splatoon stage, the Smash incarnation is lame, and there are other stages like Flounder Heights that could've made for much better Smash stages. At least the music and Spirit selections are as good as I'd expect, even if the two new remixes aren't very good. Do you wonder why I want Octoling in Smash despite already having Inkling?
Daisy, why, oh why
did Nintendo not give you
one difference from Peach?

Such a contrast in
manner, ability and
personality.

And Echo Fighters
needed justification
to be in the game.

Yet cruel Nintendo
saw nothing in you, and changed
not one move from Peach.

Now I write haiku,
lamenting my desire for
a unique Daisy.
The E3 2018 Nintendo Direct left me so excited for Smash Ultimate that I could not concentrate at school the next day; every interaction with another person made me want to shout 'HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT SMASH ULTIMATE? THEY'RE BRINGING BACK EVERY FIGHTER EVER TO APPEAR IN THE SERIES AND THEY'RE ADDING NEW CONTENT AND MECHANICS!' The best possible end to that 25-minute virtual rollercoaster was a reveal of the fans' sacred 2nd Space Pirate. I didn't care much about Metroid back then, but I knew of Ridley's demand from the Smash fanbase.
Now, his inclusion is something I forget about a bit. His moves aren't all that interesting, and he's designed as a superheavyweight while being lighter than Samus. As someone who prefers character inclusions that expand the scale and scope of Smash, I sometimes feel bad that I take some characters' inclusions for granted despite fans clamouring for them for ages and their reveals feeling massive as a result. I think this is why Fighters Pass vol. 2 focused on filling holes in existing Smash representation, as opposed to vol. 1 adding more universes to Smash.
CastleVania had it excellent in Ultimate. A fighter with a moveset that both accurately reflects their series and provides a coherent toolset for a fighting game? A clone character alongside them? A stage that captures the mood of their series and features cameos? 34 music tracks, including many banger remixes? CastleVania got all of that. The intense hype that Simon had prior to the August 2018 Smash Direct paid off hard. This series' representation satisfies me so much, and it amazes me to think that Konami let Sakurai use all of this.
If I have one complaint, it's that Dracula's Castle should have a more interesting layout. It's in the awkward middle ground of trying to be a competitive stage while being banned in tournaments. Since its brightness would likely get it banned no matter what, I say expand it.
The ideal Echo Fighter. A Roy counterpart to Lucina was a hole that I'm glad was filled in ever since Roy was decloned from Marth, and he borrows Ike's up special. What's not to love?
...That the other Echo Fighters didn't get this same treatment. Dark Samus using Samus's moveset is so inaccurate that people agree that its Assist Trophy in Smash 4 was a better representation of its ability, and this is the last major thing holding Metroid's representation back. It doesn't help that Samus herself isn't too accurate to her own abilities, but at least she fills the role of Smash's introductory projectile zoner... which the three Links also fill.
The fighter to end off Ultimate's impressive streak of fan-requested characters. I could say the same things to K. Rool as I did to Ridley... but look at this guy! He sells so much personality in every action that he's solidly cemented himself into the Smash roster. Not into the meta, though; you can see the developers tried to address some flaws of superheavies, but it evidently wasn't enough, and I wish most superheavies were better. Replace the counter down special, while they're at it. But those Gang-Plank Galleon and Crocodile Cacophony remixes...
With how big Animal Crossing is, I should've seen another fighter from that series coming. Alas, Isabelle is deservedly in Smash, and there's not much else I can say. Making her a semi-clone of Villager wasn't a great idea in my opinion, because it would've been fun to see more Animal Crossing mechanics translated into Smash.
A very obvious choice for an Echo Fighter, and a special case among them. He's way more unique than typical Echoes, even breaking what we thought were established Echo rules. All of this comes down to reflecting his home series, which is why he can get away with having command-only moves that Ryu completely lacks and still sharing his fighter number: because he had those in Street Fighter. As much as I wish more Echoes could be like this, this may be a bit too much for other potential Echoes, and Chrom is more resourceful in making more out of less.
The obligatory Pokémon from the latest generation that I don't care about since I don't play Pokémon. He's unremarkable in Smash, but Revenge is a great move, and I like how they experimented with wrestling moves that would suit him instead of only using moves he uses in Pokémon.
JustNo's, formerly LAA9000 with no Premium status to allow for a name change, Smash Ultimate Newcomer Retrospective
Part 2: Piranha Plant and Fighters Pass vol. 1

Not gonna lie, I still occasionally chuckle at the notion of a generic Mario enemy being playable in this giant crossover. However, a joke like this wears off over time, and I do forget that it's on the roster from time to time. Its movement feeling horrible and its moveset being quite vanilla don't help it stick out to the casual or competitive scenes. I'm not sure if it was ever planned for the base game then pulled back for more development time, but it certainly feels like that (it has a Palutena's Guidance, unlike the other DLC fighters). Thank goodness it was an early purchase bonus that I claimed in time, because I can't see many people dropping £4.49 on it alone.
…I forgot to mention that I didn't actually own a Switch until December 2018, when I bought one with copies of Zelda: BotW and Smash Ultimate.
I didn't know who Joker was when he was revealed for Smash, nor did I stay up to watch The Game Awards. I instead read summaries of TGA the following morning, recognised the name Persona 5 and knew that would definitely please other people, just not me. When he released, I happened to be on holiday, but that trailer and the content revealed in it was super promising for the rest of the DLC.
I still feel that promise every time I play as Joker or on Mementos. The presentation here is excellent, with the team going out of their way to, for example, change the colour scheme of Joker's win screen to reflect the colour scheme of Mementos, which in of itself reflects the current music track and its game of origin. The combination of Persona's distinct styles and the inspiration they gave Sakurai and co. helps a lot in making this Challenger Pack feel special.
However, I don't particularly like Arsène's implementation. Instead of giving Joker multiple Personas he can switch between to give him new moves, like in his home series, only Arsène appears, and only as a comeback mechanic. Other than that, this is easily my highlight of FPv1.
I expected Erdrick from the many leaks, but also coming with Luminary, Solo and Eight as alternate costumes was an awesome captivation for me. Hero is definitely unique; I like the MP mechanic, and Command Selection can be extremely humourous, but for the sake of competitive balance I feel it shouldn't dictate whether they win or lose, and instead focus on providing unique tools that encourage players to improvise, like most RNG-based fighters in fighting games. The music selection is lacklustre - I can no longer joke about it being better than Final Fantasy's thanks to Sephiroth, but even when I could've, it was more worrying than funny. On the other hand, the Spirit Board is solid, and the stage looks good, even if it suffers the Dracula's Castle problem of being almost competitive but not fully.
I never played Banjo-Kazooie, let alone grew up with it, but the same things that I previously said about King K. Rool, I can say about this duo, sans the superheavy balance discussion.
…That Sans pun wasn't intentional, but I'm gonna roll with it. They went above and beyond with this Mii Fighter costume, giving it a fully modelled head and bundling it with an unnecessary remix of Megalovania. It made people value them as cool consolation prizes for characters that weren't able to be made playable, and not disrespectful spits in the faces of characters' fans. They should've always been viewed like this, but it's better late than never.
…Great, now my opinions on the Mii Fighter costume are longer than those on the fighter itself. Repeat the last part of what I said about Ridley.
The SNK leak, unfortunate as it may have been, was a blessing: it got me and many others to know of this company's massive backlog of characters, resulting in their Hungry Wolf being better received than had it not happened. Even without this, though, we'd still be admiring how much love this Challenger Pack has put into it.
Repeat my Simon / Richter segment. A fighter with a moveset that both accurately reflects their series and fits like a charm in Smash? A stage that captures the essence of their series, features numerous cameos and is extremely fun? 50 music tracks, including banger remixes? SNK and Sakurai worked together to provide all of this, and it is beautiful. This is easily a close runner-up to Joker for my favourite Challenger Pack of FPv1.
By stating my opinions on Byleth in Smash, I'm willingly throwing myself into the burning pits of discourse regardless of what they are. Since I have no other choice than to say them, fine: you can't convince me they weren't solely a promotional pick. A character or game's popularity can't be factored into their inclusion in a crossover if the game didn't release when they were chosen, and that makes including them quite a large risk, since the directors won't know if their inclusion will backfire or not. It's very hard to say whether Byleth backfired, but I do think they were possibly the worst way to end FPv1, and would've benefitted from a delay into FPv2. I have no feelings towards them as a character due to not playing Fire Emblem: Three Houses.
Now that I've had almost two years to accept their inclusion in the game, I'll steal someone else's analogy and say they're like socks for Christmas. You know you're getting them, and you often end up liking them or finding them useful, but not many people go out of their way to ask for them, and they usually register as unremarkable.
Part 3: Fighters Pass vol. 2 so far

I don't like to point fingers, but I don't think it's a coincidence that I started to lose interest in Smash Ultimate during the ARMS guessing game. Being told back in March that the next Smash fighter would be one of 15 relatively samey characters and we'd have to wait three months to see who it was was possibly the worst way to handle a Smash reveal. It certainly doesn't help that these were all from a 2017 Nintendo game that not many people cared about anymore, and the one chosen was easy to single out due to being the most popular, but at least it gave rise to the notion of DLC being able to 'fix' content that the base game lacked. I accept Min Min mostly because Spring Man should've ideally been playable in the base game if not for unfortunate timing.
Min Min as a Smash fighter is certainly unique. I don't believe that extendable arms are an inherent problem for balance in Smash - if Dhalsim can get away with it in Street Fighter, why can't Min Min get away with it in Smash? …Because, unlike Dhalsim, her ARMS are disjoints that are near-impossible to beat out. I don't think too many Min Min mains would mind if they were given hurtboxes in a balance patch or future Smash game - if the latter, they'd be much more concerned about the possibility of her returning at all.
After two consecutive first-party characters from games I didn't play, I fell into the pit of resignation, and expected most future DLC fighters to be much more low-key first-party picks like Cinderace or Rex. As my hope died down... Minecraft in Smash happened. I was promptly taken back to my prime days of loving Minecraft, of seeing various Steve in Smash concepts and thinking 'that actually sounds awesome', and realised that this blocky boy was the closest I'd ever had to a most wanted Smash character. I freaked out upon hearing those mob sound effects, witnessed his moveset and animations be everything I wanted them to be, checked on social media's opinions only to learn that it crashed Twitter, and overall rejoiced that the biggest game of all time had been accepted into this triumph of a gaming crossover. That is a Thursday afternoon I will forever cherish.
His gameplay, as I previously touched upon, is most of what I envisioned it as. It captures the essence and quirks of Minecraft, suitably adapts them into Smash and provides a lot more than your average Smash character, easily making him worth the DLC asking price. However, I don't like his ability to camp below the ledge, nor do I like how overcentralising Minecart is, and I'd like both adjusted in the future. I also don't understand why player-proportioned Zombie and Enderman are alternate costumes - they should've either made every costume from 3-8 a different mob, or kept them as Steve and Alex alts.
The rest of the content is good, other than the music selection. We may never know why C418's compositions never made it. Despite those criticisms, this is my favourite Challenger Pack as a whole, solely for putting Minecraft into Super Smash Bros.
As I was ready to go to sleep and watch the Smash reveal at The Game Awards 2020 the next morning, I checked social media one last time and... got Sephiroth in Smash spoiled, to which I thought 'another FF7 character instead of a new franchise like Kingdom Hearts or Tomb Raider?!' Admittedly, had I watched the trailer live, my initial reaction would've been more positive. In an ideal world, the songs and Spirits that Sephiroth's Challenger Pack brought would've been in the base game, eliminating the need for another FF7 character as DLC. This isn't an ideal world, however, and sacrifices have to be made.
That doesn't change how awesome Sephiroth and Northern Cave are. I never gravitated towards long range, slow frame data zoners before Sephiroth released. Maybe it's his place as a DLC fighter I paid for encouraging me to get my money's worth from him; maybe it's his Winged Form being arguably super broken. Whatever it is, Sephiroth feels so good, and I want to play him more whenever I have the motivation to play Smash. Northern Cave is an excellent stage that I want to replace Kalos Pokemon League in all tournaments, solely for the vastly superior music selection (sadly, it runs the risk of getting streams DMCAd).
My opinions on these two getting in are the same as those on Min Min. Their gameplay, though, couldn't be more different. While Min Min is a pure zoner who attempts to redefine what it means to be a Smash fighter, the Aegis reuses the previous concept of a mode-switch fighter and refines it to create a flashy duo of semi-passive zoning and pure rushdown. These two are fun as hell, and that's all they need to be in my book.
Did they need to spoil Pneuma on the Spirit Board, though? Why is Smash so inconsistent with spoilers that it kept the name Terrako a secret during the Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity Spirit Event, then dropped that with the next Challenger Pack?
His reveal probably got the least reaction out of me. I was an avid Sol Badguy supporter at the time, and with Kazuya in the game I was a bit upset that he was no longer likely. At the same time, I recognised that Tekken is very deserving of having a Smash fighter, and was presumably an easy inclusion negotiations-wise due to Bandai Namco developing Smash Ultimate.
Now that he's released, I similarly appreciate that he's in the game and how many unique mechanics he has, but for whatever reason am not gravitated towards him like I was with the other DLC fighters. Maybe it's his noticeably steeper learning curve compared to other fighters; maybe it's leftover salt from accepting that Sol's probably not going to be in Smash. I did very much enjoy seeing how Tekken's gameplay was translated into Smash, given that I've played Tekken 7 for 8 hours on a copy that I won in a giveaway that I still haven't told my parents about.
What I neglect to mention in either of these is how long 3 and a half years really is. In March 2018, I was halfway through my first year in high school. I fantasised of living the dream life, being friends with everyone, succeeding in all subjects and loving the whole time. I was a lot less controlled, and I did and said things I would never do or say now, because I knew very little at the time.

Now, in October 2021, I'm starting my final year of high school, and I've come to realise the 'dream life', as I knew it back then, isn't feasible. I've become more humble, and tried to build friendships only when I know they will last. I have struggled a lot, especially socially and mentally, and have realised that life is much, much harder than I imagined back then. I've changed a lot, for better and for worse. Sometimes I do wish I could go back to those days, but I've accepted that I physically can't and should instead work on making the most out of the present.

Throughout that entire time, from Year 7 all the way to Year 11, I've had this game and its announcements to look forward to. My journey in life is somewhat reflected in my experience with this hype cycle. Near the start, I was already beginning to try and watch announcements live if I could, and would get extremely excited as more and more details were revealed. With this, I was also being exposed to the world of rumours and leaks - admittedly, I bought into a lot of these because I was gullible at this stage. As the times went by, and the game itself and its DLC waves released, I became more careful to manage my disappointment, less gullible to fake leaks meant to troll, and most importantly, more appreciative of whatever the Smash team decides to give us.

I would love for the final fighter to be someone massive like Master Chief as much as the next guy, but regardless of who it is, even if it's a stinker, that only adds to the 88 fighters, 114 stages and 1,058 music tracks already in the game. I would be content if there was never a Fighters Pass vol. 2 - no, I'd be content if there was no paid DLC at all. Heck, before Ultimate was announced, part of me accepted that Smash 4 could've been the last Smash game. I know now that Smash makes too much money for Nintendo to straight-up abandon it, but when your game is this absurdly humongous, I'll be content without any additional toppings.

All of this... over a video game crossover.

I was originally planning to end this on a humourous note by trying to list a ton of possible fighter smilies in the hope that one of them is right, but I don't want to ruin the atmosphere my piece has created. This journey was one-of-a-kind, so I wish to end it in the best way I can.

Good luck, and happy Smashing... for a long time.

Shroob

Sup?
Guys the character has been leaked, straight from the horses mouth from Nintendo PR Guy, it's totally legit.
May as well close the thread now mods, he said it himself. Chad is the last DLC fighter.
Dolphins
MAY as well
Oh god no it's TOTSUGEKI time

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

I understand hyping responsibly under normal circumstances, but, this is the end. Why not just go crazy this one time? If it doesn't work out, big deal lol.

Come, join us on the hype train before it's too late. We're pulling into the final stop soon, and we'd hate you to miss it.

I've mentioned this before, but i'm kinda worried Smashboards won't exist by the time Smash 6 comes out. How many old forums are still alive? Smashboards is of a dying breed, and with the end of DLC the major reason many use this site will be gone. Can this site survive 5+ years of little to no activity? Will the next game's speculation be trapped on discord and twitter?

Shroob

Sup?
So then what do you think they would of done with Sephiroth in this timeline, then?
I could see a timeline where both Min Min and Steve were shown off at E3 and a repeat if 2019 happened

But that's the thing, we'll never know for sure one way or another.

My own belief was that Steve was always meant to be shown off alongside Minecon, which is why I don't think he would have been an E3 reveal tbh.

subterrestrial

Smash Ace
This is the last chance I’ll get to be excited for smash until like, 2028.

I’m gonna hype irresponsibly :wario:
smash rumble will definitely release by 2030, but I imagine (new!) super smash bros ultimate deluxe definitive edition will come out way before then

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

OK let me give it a shot:

So you know how there's an Okami reference in Bayonetta?

Well it's not in Super Smash Bros.

Oh yeah.

Amaterasu confirmed!

Yeeeah it's hard to get hyped when you know what you're saying is the biggest leap in logic ever. lol

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
So then what do you think they would of done with Sephiroth in this timeline, then?
He keeps up being a VGA reveal.

Yes, that would mean the gap between Steve and Seph would have been ****ing ridiculous, but even in that situation i still think Steve would have been revealed at E3 instead.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
We are getting close. I might need someone to hit me with a bit of harsh reality to keep me from joining the hype train.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
So, did I miss anything? Or are we still in the dark?
are most of you on the official Smashboards discord server? if so i may pop into there
That place is dead lmao. Just use the social thread here if you want to interact with the people here.

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
My never ever scenario:
37 minutes in the presentation after the final DLC character was revealed
cuts to a final montage of all the characters from the base game and DLC
last group of characters are the Kirby trio, looking at the sunset together from a cliff
out comes BWD and jumps on DDD's hat
fades to black
the white Nintendo logo with the red background appears
ends showcase

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
We are getting close. I might need someone to hit me with a bit of harsh reality to keep me from joining the hype train.
-Waluigi, Takamaru, Lyn, Samurai Goroh, Isaac, Shadow and Bomberman are still ATs.

-The Online still sucks ass and NASB may unironically have the better online.

-Porky Means Business is still not in Smash

-Geno.

-It will probably a Pokémon.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Final Smash reveals have persistently proven to be underwhelming. From modern Smash reveals, these were who we got as our final announced fighters:

Brawl: :olimar: (compared to:sonic: and :snake:)

Smash 4: :4shulk: (compared to :4megaman: and :4pacman:)

Smash 4 DLC: :4corrin::4bayonetta: (compared to :4mewtwo:, :4cloud:, and :4ryu:)

Ultimate: :ultken::ultincineroar::ultpiranha: (compared to :ultridley:, :ultkrool:, and :ultsimon:)

Ultimate Fighters Pass 1::ultbyleth: (compared to :ultjoker: and :ultbanjokazooie:)

Only once has the final fighter been a unique third party character, and out of 8 "final" fighters, half have come from series with major representation (Fire Emblem, Pokémon, and Mario).

All I'm saying is get ready for Flame Chungus because he's coming.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Personally, the main reason why I don't want to be hyped right now is not because of expectations -> disappointment is a true combo, but because I have no idea what will happen so the hype just manifests as nervous energy and I don't need that for an extended period of time.

Das why I'm jus' vibin' :happysheep:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom