• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Were there any 4chan leaks that mentioned
Kirby and Bayo 3
? This might help us narrow down the Smash fighter.
No, those were apparently leaked through Nintendo Japan’s 2022 release calendar. Also, Splatoon 3 is Summer 2022

Last edited:

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
2022 Switch lineup:
Splatoon 3
Bayonetta 3
Mario + Rabbids 2
New Kirby
Xenoblade 3
Fire Emblem 4 Remake
Zelda BOTW2
Metroid Prime 1 Remake
Triangle Strategy
Resident Evil Outrage

Potentially best switch year and thats the 6th year of the console.

Last edited:

ryuryunonoroi

Smash Apprentice
There's nothing smash releated to Fighter Pass related.
It sounds to me like the source of this is from a press kit for the Japanese (perhaps Nintendo's CIA needs to step up their game in the east). I recall it's been mentioned that Smash materials are distributed separately from the rest of Direct press-kits, so no smash info in that leak isn't surprising at all.

Edit: Scratch that, apparently it's info that was leaked from a webpage on Nintendo's Japanese site.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
They’ll probably just pull a Smash 4 and announce a Final Presentation date, as I’ve suspected
What I wouldn't understand if this is the case why? Given the reveal trailer is most certainly finished by now for the final fighter and its been 3 months since Kazuya.

Only thing I can think of is them wanting to end the run on a good note by running the hype longer, otherwise what other reason to continue holding it off?

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
2022 Switch lineup:
Splatoon 3
Bayonetta 3
Mario + Rabbids 2
New Kirby
Xenoblade 3
Fire Emblem 4 Remake
Zelda BOTW2
Metroid Prime 1 Remake
Triangle Strategy
Resident Evil Outrage

Potentially best switch year and thats the 6th year of the console.
Wait. Where did most of this come from?

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Ok ****
Just tell me yes or no
Has a Smash reveal leaked?
I do wanna avoid any spoilers as well e.g. Bayo 3 cuz I wanna see that and I wanna see if they really do a new DKC or FZero game

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I'm still betting my Burger King on Waluigi. Final bet.

Ohhh boy is it good to be a stay at home dad during times like this. Don't gotta work around poisonous dehumanizing schedules and such.

But you know what I also am?
A guy with BURGER KING!
View attachment 331139

You might take my Burger King... but you might not.

My bet for CP11, final Burger King bet, straw's in the cup and it is NOT coming out:

Fighter 11 will be:

Waluigi

That's my Burger King bet, Burger King value meals are the prize for winning. YOU TOO could have an Original Chicken Sandwich with fries!

But like... IMO, the best case scenario for bonus pack (which I'm not convinced we're getting) would be:

3 stages, all of which from existing franchises so no new music or spirits
A set of echoes as well.

Hypothetically, say... Ms. Pac-Man as a Pac-Man echo with 3DS Pac-Maze, Dry Bowser as a Bowser echo with Rainbow Road 3DS, and like... I dunno, Orbital Gate Assault from Wii U with Panther as a super weird Wolf echo of sorts?

Ivander

Smash Legend
I feel kind of the same but in reverse.

Whenever Lloyd gets brought up, Yuri, Velvet and other Tales characters butt in. Usually with people saying how they don't like Lloyd.

Tales discourse ain't fun.
To think Tales of Arise is going to be in the mix in future speculation.

The disadvantages of not getting a Fighter early. Having to speculate which entry of a series will be the first in and getting newer games added to the mix the more longer it takes.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Ok ****
Just tell me yes or no
I do wanna avoid any spoilers as well e.g. Bayo 3 cuz I wanna see that and I wanna see if they really do a new DKC or FZero game
The only thing leaked was the Japanese 2022 release date games. Smash Ultimate's DLC is going to finish this year. So, no info on that yet regarding "leaks" saying it is happening or not.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ok ****
Just tell me yes or no
You and me both… but I’m not counting on it. Same with anything about EarthBound ports or remasters (no new game cuz according to Shigesato Itoi, the series is finished)

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The lack of Smash DLC on a partially spoiled calendar, where the main spoilers are in the 2022 section no less, means nothing
For starters, it's only partial, they don't have everything there. XC3 is heavily rumoured for this direct and Castlevania Advance Collection got leaked big time, I'd be shocked if neither actually turned up here.
The main leaked stuff is in the 2022 section.
Then there's the lack of presence of the second set of AoC DLC which we know is due in November thanks to the AoC site

Some of y'all are just jumping to conclusions as usual.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
No Smash stuff yet, but if you care about spoilers you should stay off social media for another six hours.
I already planned on doing that minus the 5 minutes before the direct that I will be with y'all and what not
Thank you for the warning, though.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
I am surprised that a Metroid Prime remake of all things might apparently be a thing.

Jerry98

Smash Journeyman
Well, if the 2022 release calendar is what leaked, it makes sense that we'd see no Smash news there.

Guess we should wait and see.
Source?Metroid Prime remake makes no sense.
Give me a remastered of the whole trilogy!

EDIT: wrong quote, sorry. Was meant to quote the message from the other user

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Hoping last smash character is a sexy waifu. need more waifus in smash.
April O'Neil crosses over to Smash Bros. Yellow jumpsuit and reporter equipment and all. Not Raph, not Mikey, not Leo, not Donny, not Shredder, not even Bebop or Rocksteady... but April.

First it was Shredder's Revenge, then Nicktoons Brawl, now Smash. April's going EVERYWHERE these days

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Were there any 4chan leaks that mentioned
Kirby and Bayo 3
? This might help us narrow down the Smash fighter.
Don't go digging around 4chan leaks. None of them are true and nothing really comes from it.

Source: I spent an entire summer doing so lol

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I'm dying right now
A new Kirby game, set in a human post-apocalyptic city, and there is only one human character in the series so far, please let her be involved in the game's story, please, PLEASE!!

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Wait a minute. Bayonetta 3 is being revealed in this direct, Smash usually ends on a rep for a new game to shill and Smash 4 ended with Bayonetta as the final fighter.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I was really hoping for KOSMOS. but now, I want her as a mii because of Kazuya and Pyra/Mythra. I kind of want Katt from Gravity Rush at the moment. I like her design and her games were fun and overall. To bad Sony does not like to play nice.

Technomage

Smash Champion
How many waifus does smash currently have? Some obvious ones:

-Pythra
-Zero Suit Samus
-Zelda
-Bayo
-Female Byleth
-Jigglypuff :4pacman:
Let me check the waifus:

:ultbayonetta::ultbylethf::ultcorrinf::ultisabelle::ultlucina::ultminmin:ultpalutena::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultpokemontrainerf:(hey, her manga version (Green) does eventually become 20-years-old, yet still looks pretty much exactly the same as when she was 10):ultpyra::ultmythra::ultrobinf::ultrosalina::ultsheik::ultalex::ultwiifittrainer::ultzelda:(kinda iffy on her, however):ultzss:

Also: The default :ultgunner:

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Alright guys CP11 is Rikiya Busujima ok bye
You got bad info, kid.

The REAL fighter 11 is actually Kaori Yanase from Variable Geo
Variable_Geo_2_1_279.png

Yep. Not even the main character Yuka, but Kaori. RIGHT OUTTA NOWHERE, AM I RIGHT? Her gimmick is everything she does is kick. Even if you hit the punch button, she still kicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom