• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I am surprised that a Metroid Prime remake of all things might apparently be a thing.

Emily Rogers talked about it in the past hours on Twitter, when asked about Prime Trilogy coming to Switch. She said she heard they might only just do Metroid Prime for 2022, for the 20th anniversary. She doesn't know if it would be a port, a remaster or a remake. She didn't even confirm it as 100% real. Though she said she thinks that's more likely than getting the whole trilogy.

IMO it would suck. Unless they went with a big remake, which I strongly doubt (and let's be honest, the original game has aged quite well visually and the Switch isn't super powerful so it's not like the graphical jump would be spectacular), they should just re-release the whole trilogy.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I feel kind of the same but in reverse.

Whenever Lloyd gets brought up, Yuri, Velvet and other Tales characters butt in. Usually with people saying how they don't like Lloyd.

Tales discourse ain't fun.
Man. i just wanted to talk about Yuri but everytime I did, It automatically went to Lloyd. I didnt hate the dude. i hated I couldnt give my opinion on a different tales character
e30c7934d05a995a4fc9b7fa8df57942.png

I just wanted to talk about how cool yuri ****ing was but no one cared because he wasnt Lloyd
IMG_20180521_122015.jpg

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Wait, what's happening? What got leaked?
Potential Direct spoilers: the Japanese release calendar for 2022 Switch releases included an unannounced Kirby game. It also has Bayonetta 3 and Splatoon 3 on there, but I'm not sure if they were there before - the Kirby game is definitely new, though.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Potential Direct spoilers: the Japanese release calendar for 2022 Switch releases included an unannounced Kirby game. It also has Bayonetta 3 and Splatoon 3 on there, but I'm not sure if they were there before - the Kirby game is definitely new, though.
Someone claimed Xenoblade 3 and some other stuff there as well. Idk where they got that from though, I tried reading Katakana the best I could but saw nothing of Xenoblade at least

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Incase some of y'all don't come inside the temporary direct thread the mods will make, and double incase Cp11 is full-on revealed.

Just wanna say this:
Only been here since May, but wow, glad I talked to and met some great people. It's been a pleasure speculating with you all. ❤

Ivander

Smash Legend
Let me check the waifus:

:ultbayonetta::ultbylethf::ultcorrinf::ultisabelle::ultlucina::ultminmin:ultpalutena::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultpokemontrainerf:(hey, her manga version (Green) does eventually become 20-years-old, yet still looks pretty much exactly the same as when she was 10):ultpyra::ultmythra::ultrobinf::ultrosalina::ultsheik::ultalex::ultwiifittrainer::ultzelda::ultzss:
I'm assuming the female Inkling isn't in due to age, despite the fact that they are a popular subject and despite the currant Smash Zelda being most noticeably younger compared to the other Zeldas.

Also, I don't see the default Mii Gunner.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Someone claimed Xenoblade 3 and some other stuff there as well. Idk where they got that from though, I tried reading Katakana the best I could but saw nothing of Xenoblade at least
Going by the website in question,
the games that are listed are... (going by Google Translate)

Spring 2022:
-Kirby: Discovery of the Stars
-Asuka Tenki

2022:
-Splatoon 3
-Bayonetta 3
-Breath of the Wild sequel
-Mario + Rabbids 2
-Project Triangle Strategy
-Made in Abyss Binary Stars Aiming for Darkness

At least, those are the ones scheduled for 2022 without a specific release date listed. There are others scheduled for 2021 with no specific release date, and others with no specific year attached, but none of them appear to be new, none of them are Nintendo or MonolithSoft titles, and I'm assuming that the Bayo 3/Splatoon 3/BOTW 2 listings were already there before.

As far as I can tell, the only new/leaked thing seems to be Kirby.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I think I’ll do the same. Need to charge my phone anyway

do tag me if any of the following happen:
  • Literally anything with Elma in it (Xenoblade X port/prequel/sequel, Xenoblade Warriors, the EXTREMELY minuscule chance she’s in Smash somehow, or anything else)
  • Octoling or Off the Hook as CP11
  • Neku as CP11
  • Anything Project X Zone related
  • The extremely slim chance of anything F-Zero related
  • P5R port
  • Genshin Impact port has a date

Technomage

Smash Champion
I'm assuming the female Inkling isn't in due to age, despite the fact that they are a popular subject and despite the currant Smash Zelda being most noticeably younger compared to the other Zeldas.

Also, I don't see the default Mii Gunner.
You're right, I excluded Inkling because she's confirmed to be too young. As for Zelda, however, I don't know what her age is (plus, I've seen teenage characters who look like adults and vice-versa), plus it's kinda meant more of a representation for all the Zeldas as a collective.

And you're also right about the default Mii Gunner; I forgot about her. ^^;

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Seriously though. Wouldn't it be hilarious how Sm4sh ended with Bayonetta only for Ultimate to also end with its antagonist?

Imagine the reactions. It'd probably be Sm4sh all over again.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
So..... if CP11 gets revealed today, do you guys think it'll be at the beginning, middle, or end of the direct?
Not gonna lie,
I'm not sure.
Part of me wants to know right away.
The other part of me wants it to end off the direct Sm4sh Cloud style.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Oh but real quick I wanna also list the husbandos

:ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultfalcon::ulthero2::ultsephiroth::ultkazuya::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsnake::ultshulk::ultwiifittrainerm::ultken::ultryu::ultike::ultmario::ultluigi::ultbyleth::ult_terry::ultmarth::ultlink::ultrobin:

im only listing those of legal age (Ike is his RD self aka Buff Ike)

…we don’t have a lot of husbandos. :drsad:

Last edited:

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
I want to know too, all I saw on the JP page that I could make out was Bayo 3, Splatoon 3 and new Kirby
Just a recopilation of confirm titles (Zelda, M+R, Triangle Strategy, Splatoon 3) with the recently leaked Kirby and Bayo 3, and rumoured titles (Xeno 3, Metroid Prime 1 remaster/remake, RE Outrage and Fire Emblem 4 Remake)

Technomage

Smash Champion
Oh but real quick I wanna also list the husbandos

:ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultfalcon::ulthero2::ultsephiroth::ultkazuya::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsnake::ultshulk::ultwiifittrainerm::ultken::ultryu::ultike:

im only listing those of legal age (Ike is his RD self aka Buff Ike)

…we don’t have a lot of husbandos. :drsad:
You forgot :ultbowser:(well, in his Bowsette form; then again, it is possible that Bowsette is still a biological man) :ultlink::ultmarth::ult_terry:(though it's mostly his Fatal Cutie form, which could also still be biologically male)

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
You forgot :ultbowser:(well, in his Bowsette form; then again, it is possible that Bowsette is still a biological man) :ultlink::ultmarth::ult_terry:(though it's mostly his Fatal Cutie form, which could also still biologically male)
I thought I added Terry, it must not have registered my click :facepalm:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So..... if CP11 gets revealed today, do you guys think it'll be at the beginning, middle, or end of the direct?
I'm guessing the end, since that encourages people to watch the whole thing. (if the reveal starts off the Direct and it's disappointing, I could see plenty of people choosing to stop watching at that point)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom