• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I'm more bothered by the only SEGA characters being Sonic ones.

I know Nintendo fans don't play other games but wow.
The likes of Tails, Knuckles and Eggman are far more iconic than pretty much any other Sega character inside and outside the Smash bubble so I don’t think the whole “Lol ignorant Nintendo fanboys” joke works here. And considering a significant number of people feel Sonic is underrepresented as a veteran third-party character (and few demanding a second Metal Gear character) it makes sense they’d be on more people’s minds.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I agree that just being an Assist Trophy doesn’t rule out a character completely but I feel it is enough of a factor that I wouldn’t call Waluigi likely. I do think he’ll make it in the next game but I’m not expecting him for Ultimate.

spicynun

Smash Journeyman
I'm actually going to be tuning out when they show Dread. I think they're showing too much of the game and I want to leave some surprises for myself.
Same, they've showed enough at this point imo

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
The likes of Tails, Knuckles and Eggman are far more iconic than pretty much any other Sega character inside and outside the Smash bubble so I don’t think the whole “Lol ignorant Nintendo fanboys” joke works here. And considering a significant number of people feel Sonic is underrepresented as a veteran third-party character (and few demanding a second Metal Gear character) it makes sense they’d be on more people’s minds.
I frankly wasn't too big on the Nintendo fan joke either, but man, couldn't they have at least bothered to include literally anyone else from SEGA as well?

Speaking as a big fan of their IP myself, it honestly gets really exhausting constantly seeing people brush off the value and importance of their other stuff, especially considering that if they even bother to mention anyone else, there's like, a 60% chance it's gonna be, like, ****ing Billy Hatcher or some ****.

I tire.

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I have assist trophies I want playable, but for the sake of more enjoyable conversation I never consider them or Mii costumes. I'll open that can of worms the moment one gets upgraded in the same game, but if that happens we're at the end so it doesn't even matter lol.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Wow, the thread hadnt moved this fast in a while. We are almost there! In just a few hours, the roster will be finalized and hopefully I will have my answer for the empty space on FP2.
Please be a Stage Pass please be a Stage Pass PLEASE BE A STAGE PASS…

if it’s the only way to get Xenoblade X content without a playable Elma, I’ll take it if the Stage Pass (hypothetical) has an X stage with music

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
I think the final character is like 55/45 in Waluigi's favor. It could be anyone else but it's more likely to be him.

I just hope Waluigi's Island is one of the boards in Mario Party superstars because that's less likely than him coming to smash at this point imo.

Last edited:

metalhydra273

Smash Apprentice
Wow, the thread hadnt moved this fast in a while. We are almost there! In just a few hours, the roster will be finalized and hopefully I will have my answer for the empty space on FP2.
eh that's not necessarily true. At most I'm expecting a date for the last fighter announcement. I don't feel like it's happening today.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I think the final character is like 55/45 in Waluigi's favor. It could be anyone else but it's more likely to be him.

I just hope Waluigi's Island is one of the boards in Mario Party superstars because that's less likely than him coming to smash at this point imo.

Waluigi's actually a very solid bet this time around! There's evidence that CP11 and Kazuya were switched, and Waluigi's one of the few character's who's mainstream enough for E3 while still completely at home in a Nintendo Direct. The only other character who I can think of off the top of my head for this would be Phoenix Wright.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I guess y’all know who my most wanted is but I don’t often talk about one my other most wanted enough.

It’s Master Chief. See me and my best bud Zack have been discussing how cool Chief would be for about 3 years because it’s what he and I grew up on together. It’s the dream pick because of how much we share a love for Halo. There’s a lot of other characters I’d love to see: Hayabusa, Doom Slayer, Kiryu but I think right now my most wanted is Chief. Just because I feel like this one last chance is the best chance Chief will ever have.

ryuryunonoroi

Smash Apprentice
Watch as the mystery slot ends up being a discount bundle for both Fighters Passes or a similar nothingburger.

Same but I’d also personally add Hayabusa for me for characters I’d actually react negatively to. Anyone else I’d be ok with
Do you mind if I ask why? That's a very atypical sentiment and I'm genuinely curious.

SKX31

Smash Master
If you want go without the risk of getting spoiled, now's the time to lockdown
Oh boy, was only a matter of time until that happened. I'm not only going to second this, expect things to get chaotic soon now that that's happened.

Also, in somewhat unrelated news:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I frankly wasn't too big on the Nintendo fan joke either, but man, couldn't they have at least bothered to include literally anyone else from SEGA as well?

Speaking as a big fan of their IP myself, it honestly gets really exhausting constantly seeing people brush off the value and importance of their other stuff, especially considering that if they even bother to mention anyone else, there's like, a 60% chance it's gonna be, like, *ing Billy Hatcher or some *.

I tire.
Now this is a more valid argument and I get this sentiment of being frustrated at people brushing off characters that aren’t seen as front runners.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Y'all must be pretty happy Bayonetta 3 is finally getting its trailer.

Too bad there's no English translator on that site, amongst those Japanese words has to be the final fighter.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

Speaking as a big fan of their IP myself, it honestly gets really exhausting constantly seeing people brush off the value and importance of their other stuff, especially considering that if they even bother to mention anyone else, there's like, a 60% chance it's gonna be, like, *ing Billy Hatcher or some *.

I tire.
I get it, but at the same time, I feel like the "ignorant Nintendo fans" thing doesn't apply at all.

Like, when so much of the library has either not gotten attention, been console-locked to Sony platforms or been region-locked... yeah, it's sad, but I dunno what people expect. Most aren't gonna straight up buy a new console to play Yakuza or learn japanese to play older Puyo games, much less go through the work of downloading fan patches and hacks. Some of these issues have been fixed, but it wasn't too long ago when they weren't.

Meanwhile, Sonic, Sega's flagship franchise, has been pumping out multiple games per generation, releasing worldwide on multiple platforms. So that's the result you're gonna see from casual folks. It hurts, much like seeing someone reduce Nintendo to Mario, Zelda and Pokémon, but if these were the only things being released for a long time, that's what we'd be seeing too, methinks.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Watch as the mystery slot ends up being a discount bundle for both Fighters Passes or a similar nothingburger.

Do you mind if I ask why? That's a very atypical sentiment and I'm genuinely curious.
It’s mostly personal reasons I don’t wanna go into here

anyway I heard there were leaks? Is there anything about Splatoon 3, Xenoblade (including an X port), any 3DS ports?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ony character I have a personal issue with is Lloyd because everytime Yuri was brought up, he would butt in. But its free game now even tho I know Yuri wont be in smash. It feels good to talk about him. Naho would be sick too

We dont talk about fortnite here
I feel kind of the same but in reverse.

Whenever Lloyd gets brought up, Yuri, Velvet and other Tales characters butt in. Usually with people saying how they don't like Lloyd.

Tales discourse ain't fun.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Only a few things leaked. Most of the direct is still unknown. Nothing Smash related yet. If you want to not be spoiled by leaks then I'd probably stay off the internet starting now.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Well, Imran doesn't provide a link or anything else showing what the leaked details are, so I get the feeling that he's likely lying/joking.
Why would someone warning others about leaks then proceed to directly share them in the same post?
That'd go against the point of warning people.

regulus tera

Smash Apprentice
Were there any 4chan leaks that mentioned
Kirby and Bayo 3
? This might help us narrow down the Smash fighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom