• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKX31

Smash Master
Overall, how much of a chance do you think your MWs have if it's shown today?
Dota 2: Probably miniscule-to-almost-nonexistent. But I'm fine with that fact. If it somehow wins the Nintendo fanbase goes into a collective WTF and I'd be all for it.
Master Chief: Maybe? Although double dipping in the same pass seems to not really be in Nintendo's interests. I'm cautious about him, but there's a semi-solid chance.
KOS-MOS: Yeah, probably de-confirmed by proxy.
Dante: Mii costume. He got something at least.

Another example of such a thing happening, in a way, is Incineroar, which is pretty neat. Sakurai picking Incineroar over Decidueye purely because he wanted a wrestler.

It makes me wonder what other concepts he's had but just hasn't had a character that fit them yet.
It's extremely difficult to speculate about, but given that we know of a couple scrapped 2-in-1 concepts (Diddy / Dixie and Rex / Pyra) taking the 2-in-1 concept in a different direction has proven to be rather difficult. It's worth noting that the 2-in-1 characters we do have (:ulticeclimbers: , :ultolimar: , :ultrosalina:) all have the "Partner" characters follow commands directly and any de-syncs are accomplished by circumventing that programming.

Diddy / Dixie had the possible technical issue of "Well, we need her or Diddy to be visible in the background at all times but also have Diddy / Dixie swap between active and inactive at any moment's notice... how do we handle the swaps?" while for Rex and Pyra a possible technical issue might be controlling both at the same time, and the particle effects. Considering that Fountain of Dreams can lag on the Switch, I'm kinda leaning towards particle effects.

It's not unreasonable to conclude that a more involved 2-in-1 character might be on the cards should future hardware allow for it.

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
I imagine we could get something Smash related, even if it is not the character specifically. If we don't get the character today, it can be as simple as a date to a presentation to the final Smash character.

That could make a bit more sense, given how big of a deal it is, being the final character for Ultimate and all. But for me, it can go either way here.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I've said it before and I'll say it again, but Ezio would be absolutely sick.
I never touched his games ( I want to ) and I agree with you

I kinda feel like if he showed up before Rayman, there'd definitely be salt, but not as much I feel like, idk
Sales wise, the AC franchise is ****ing big; it's up there with Final Fantasy, Minecraft, and Need for Speed, around $155M. It made more money than the entire Sonic franchise...

Source:

Last edited:

ShrimpScampi

Smash Journeyman
I mean to be fair I really do want a Monokuma Mii especially with Danganronpa Decadence Collection coming to the Switch

I preordered it. 😤
The cackling gremlin hiding away in the back of my brain kind of wants to see a Nagito costume. I know the joke of “Sans head on whatever costume” has kind of run dry, but Sans x Nagito already has a significantly nonzero amount of fan content

let me recreate this nightmare in smash

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'll have to watch the Direct at work, but my bets? Always Amingo, baby. :secretkpop:

In reality though I couldn't tell you, both of my most wanteds are kinda held back by preestablished standards; or rather ones that just haven't been broken yet, whether it be having two fighting game characters in the mix of one pass or assist trophy promotions. Anything can happen though, so don't try to solve it like a big puzzle. It'll be done within the next six hours anyway, just ride it out and try and stay surprised. Hopefully you aren't that impatient to spoil yourself.

Last edited:

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
My bet is nothing. Sakurai reveals we all collectively dreamed Smash Ultimate and we need to wake up.
Sakurai: "This is all a simulation. The past few years never happened. Smash Ultimate doesn't exist. The Switch doesn't exist. Everybody you know and love doesn't exist. I don't exist. You need to break out of this matrix. You need to wake up."

I made that worse than it needed to be.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I’ve got a good feeling we are gonna see Goku. He’s easily the last video game mascot left waiting that’s not in Smash. I can’t wait to see him use his power pole and monkey powers in Smash along with his friends!
I’ve mentioned this before but I don’t think he’s impossible. If he ever had a chance, it would be as the last character reveal.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Overall, how much of a chance do you think your MWs have if it's shown today?
Literally zero, given my MW is a character from a series that's been dead since 2002 and by a company that doesn't seem to care about the IP - Beat from the Jet Set Radio series.

Given that though, if he made it in,I think I would keel over and die in elation.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The cackling gremlin hiding away in the back of my brain kind of wants to see a Nagito costume. I know the joke of “Sans head on whatever costume” has kind of run dry, but Sans x Nagito already has a significantly nonzero amount of fan content

let me recreate this nightmare in smash

42132099d2d42c352d68c40a1aa4888650c36e6e_s1_n2.png

WTF man, I was eating breakfest

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Literally zero, given my MW is a character from a series that's been dead since 2002 and by a company that doesn't seem to care about the IP - Beat from the Jet Set Radio series.

Given that though, if he made it in,I think I would keel over and die in elation.
I feel you on that. My character has only been in one game on the PS2 that underperformed, is owned by Sony, and isn’t even the main character of his game - Zegram Ghart from Rogue Galaxy.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
I'm more bothered by the only SEGA characters being Sonic ones.

I know Nintendo fans don't play other games but wow.
Honestly it feels like ever since Eggman became a speculation darling, a big part of this community has just taken to acting, like, 80% more ignorant about other SEGA stuff

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Honestly, I can only think of two characters I'd react negatively to.

Jonesy and Nahobino.

It's not that those aren't good choices. I just have personal distaste for those two characters. Even then Nahobino can easily win me over with time.

I'm game for pretty much anything else.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Just give me more Metroid Dread and I be happy.

I NEED MOOAAAAAAAAAAR

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Jonesy and Nahobino.

It's not that those aren't good choices. I just have personal distaste for those two characters. Even then Nahobino can easily win me over with time.

Ony character I have a personal issue with is Lloyd because everytime Yuri was brought up, he would butt in. But its free game now even tho I know Yuri wont be in smash. It feels good to talk about him. Naho would be sick too

We dont talk about fortnite here

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Jonesy and Nahobino.

Same but I’d also personally add Hayabusa for me for characters I’d actually react negatively to. Anyone else I’d be ok with
Just give me more Metroid Dread and I be happy.

I NEED MOOAAAAAAAAAAR
I just want Splatoon 3, I’m dying here 😭😭

Baba

Smash Journeyman
I'm actually going to be tuning out when they show Dread. I think they're showing too much of the game and I want to leave some surprises for myself.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Ony character I have a personal issue with is Lloyd because everytime Yuri was brought up, he would butt in. But its free game now even tho I know Yuri wont be in smash. It feels good to talk about him. Naho would be sick too

We dont talk about fortnite here
As a Velvet fan, I can definitely relate. Tales of Symphonia was my first Tales and I really enjoyed it but I never cared for Lloyd as a character. Yuri was a great protagonist but I think Velvet would be a more interesting Smash character personally.

There are characters I’d feel really meh about but none would actually upset me. Some characters I don’t really want to see are Rayman, Geno, Cinderace, Conker, Freddy Fazbear, and Jonesy.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Honestly it feels like ever since Eggman became a speculation darling, a big part of this community has just taken to acting, like, 80% more ignorant about other SEGA stuff
Who is Vyse? Isn’t he like a minor character from that Sonic X anime? :troll:

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Despite whatever the leaks say, I'm just going in with an old-fashioned prediction and sticking with it. I've given my reasons why I think Phantasy Star is possible. And I'll stick with it to the end. Since that is part of the point and fun of speculating and predicting characters. Sticking to your prediction and seeing what happens, regardless whether you are right or wrong. And besides Jonesy, I have no issues with any other characters, even some of the more divisive ones like Pokemon. So nothing wrong for me to just go in with an old-fashioned prediction and seeing what happens.
My bet is nothing. Sakurai reveals we all collectively dreamed Smash Ultimate and we need to wake up.
So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and, smell the ashes.
erpnggd0ct451.jpg

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Today’s the day my tinfoil dreams will be realized, and Sora will be announced

no way it happens lol it’s gonna be Waluigi or some **** but I’m hoping one last time

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Today’s the day my tinfoil dreams will be realized, and Sora will be announced

no way it happens lol it’s gonna be Waluigi or some **** but I’m hoping one last time
I love Kingdom Hearts and even though I’m not really a huge fan of Sora himself, he would be worth it for the music alone.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Yeah, if you held a gun to my head and told me to predict a specific character, I'd say Waluigi. It's purely gut feeling and somewhat unfounded, but that's how it is for me right now. There're voices in my head and they're saying wah.

It's a sudden feeling, too, since previously I was leaning towards a third party.
But eh, it could be anyone.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
I have inside information on the next Smash fighter.
:4pacman:
So uh, my opinion on the leak is that it seems a little sus, the pick would be a good indie rep but I feel like the visual style of the title might not translate particularly well (and not in a particularly endearing way, as with characters like Mr. Game and Watch and Steve.) Not to be rude at all but I think the source is an impostor, and I can't help but vent out my frustrations at it.

I can't do Among Us jokes anymore, I need mental help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom