• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
But yeah, anyhow. Sounds like there... MIGHT be some Nintendo Direct leaks abound?

Be careful how much wallpaper you tear off as you wander around the Internet, you could find a leak if you're not careful.

Tear Wallpaper Off.png

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Mario's about to be like an Ice cream machine

b r o k e n
Broken like Mickey's Dead Son on Christmas Morning
Mickey's Dead Son on Christmas Morning.png

Now we just need a Kingdom Hearts where King Mickey tells Sora about his son that died on Christmas morning and somehow or another Sora has to bring him back or something I dunno. I just think it's crazy that there is indeed an official Mickey cartoon where Mickey Mouse's son dies on Christmas.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
I’m once again asking for level 5 to put curious village on Switch and put Layton In smash. They don’t even need to market it if you don’t wanna since that’s what they do these days, they don’t market their games and just hope they sell.

Just put it on the damn switch. I’ll do the marketing for them myself

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I’m once again asking for level 5 to put curious village on Switch and put Layton In smash. They don’t even need to market it if you don’t wanna since that’s what they do these days, they don’t market their games and just hope they sell.

Just put it on the damn switch. I’ll do the marketing for them myself
Sir...this is a Wendy's Smash DLC Spec Thread.

Layton in Smash would be pretty baller tho

Firox

Smash Master
Let me check the waifus:

:ultbayonetta::ultbylethf::ultcorrinf::ultisabelle::ultlucina::ultminmin:ultpalutena::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultpokemontrainerf:(hey, her manga version (Green) does eventually become 20-years-old, yet still looks pretty much exactly the same as when she was 10):ultpyra::ultmythra::ultrobinf::ultrosalina::ultsheik::ultalex::ultwiifittrainer::ultzelda:(kinda iffy on her, however):ultzss:

Also: The default :ultgunner:
Dang, how could I forget about Palu?! She's a literal goddess!

LAA9000

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
JUST#956
3DS FC
0361-9069-2936
Switch FC
SW-5393-4946-0209
Went on Twitter to mute 'Nintendo', 'Direct' and 'Smash', and one of the first things that I see on my timeline is a leak from Nintendo themselves. I guess that means I'll have to leave social media now until I watch the Direct in about 22 hours. See you then!

In case the final Smash fighter is revealed here, have a copy-paste of my write-up from prior to E3 2021, which I wrote in case that was where they got revealed:
When Ultimate was first announced while I was asleep I was still a wee 12-year-old with no Switch and less than a year of Internet activity. Regardless, I was very excited. I saw the speculation over the silhouettes in front of the burning Smash logo, who else seemed likely to join and yes, the port vs sequel debates (I was always a sequel believer). For the first time, I was riding a game's hype train.

Imagine me when E3 2018 aired and formally revealed the game in its glory. I couldn't believe that not only was it a proper sequel, but every veteran ever to appear in the series was returning and :ultridley: was playable despite all the prior doubt. I was so hyped for the game I could hardly concentrate at school the next day, and to this day, it is still my most cherished gaming announcement. Not even BotW2 or :ultsteve: in Smash topped that.

From then, I watched lots of wishlist videos, kept up with the rumour mill and, of course, watched every Direct for the game. Though they don't come close to Everyone is Here, moments like the epic :ultsimon::ultrichter: dual reveal or the disconfirmation of the Grinch leak were still great. This continued post-release: after three weeks I finally bought a Switch (lol) with BotW and Smash, and proceeded to spend over 500 hours on the latter. I kept watching Directs and Mr. Sakurai Presentses (or Battling Withs as they're known in the UK), and from them had similarly cherished memories of :ultbanjokazooie: finally making it in after 20 years of requests, or :ultbyleth::ultbylethf: and :ultminmin dwindling my excitement only for :ultsteve: to break the Internet.

To say this has been a journey is... perfectly accurate, but that doesn't change how sentimental and bittersweet it is to see it end. I'm not going to bargain on it, though: I'm very much content with Ultimate ending the way it likely will this evening. Now wait as only one character is revealed tonight and this whole write-up is rendered worthless.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Not judging if there are leaks coming or not, but if no one ever managed to actually leak the correct date of the direct, nor if there actually was going to be one... How could they suddenly leak it?

Or did Nintendo did a Nintendo thing and leaked stuff themselves?

Ivander

Smash Legend
Broken like Mickey's Dead Son on Christmas Morning
View attachment 331286

Now we just need a Kingdom Hearts where King Mickey tells Sora about his son that died on Christmas morning and somehow or another Sora has to bring him back or something I dunno. I just think it's crazy that there is indeed an official Mickey cartoon where Mickey Mouse's son dies on Christmas.
Sora doesn't need to bring him back. One because that was a "bad future". Two, because Scrooge "saved" the son already.

Like....something about this feels like it just reeks of ignorance or intentionally leaving out info about the cartoon for the sake of being dramatic.

Shroob

Sup?
Not judging if there are leaks coming or not, but if no one ever managed to actually leak the correct date of the direct, nor if there actually was going to be one... How could they suddenly leak it?

Or did Nintendo did a Nintendo thing and leaked stuff themselves?
The latter.

They leaked a TON of their 2022 lineup, because of course they did.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Sora doesn't need to bring him back. One because that was a "bad future". Two, because Scrooge "saved" the son already.

Like....something about this feels like it just reeks of ignorance or intentionally leaving out info about the cartoon for the sake of being dramatic.
I mean.... I just kinda like bringing it up. Of course I remember the bit where a cigar smoking Ghost of Christmas Future chucked Scrooge into the fires of hell so hard that he woke up and made Christmas good for everyone and Mickey's son didn't die in the end.

But that frame of Mickey at his son's grave does exist and you better believe it's in my meme folder.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
It would be nice to see this wild ride finally come to an end.
Samesies. Let's just get off this wild ride. Look back on it and go "Wow, what a crazy ride"

Or pull a CatDog roller coaster episode and go "Your barf tastes pretty good the third time down" after getting off. Whatever floats your boat.

SKX31

Smash Master
Well, if the 2022 release calendar is what leaked, it makes sense that we'd see no Smash news there.

Guess we should wait and see.
The latter.

They leaked a TON of their 2022 lineup, because of course they did.

Every single time I keep saying this.
You can't get your stuff leaked if you leak it yourself first, bravo!

Still, I do have to wonder if Nintendo's internal organization is that tight if a Direct gets partially leaked out of the blue. Not the first time something like this has happened either - I'm not just thinking the SNK trademark flub but also the Gigaleak.

Y'all need Jesus

But he can't hear you this far down
I know the real reason why he can't hear you:

god.jpg

:4pacman: (Yes, this is a parody of Captain America's issue #2.)

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I know the real reason why he can't hear you:

View attachment 331281

:4pacman: (Yes, this is a parody of Captain America's issue #2.)

Nesquik Bunny for Smash. He beat Superman in a drinking contest so he qualifies
quik10.png.jpg

I love how they're like "I just love these Quik drinking contests" as if that's a totally normal past time.

Not a parody either, it totally really happened.

Superman_Meets_the_Quik_Bunny_1.jpg

Last edited:

ryuryunonoroi

Smash Apprentice
Anyway, here's the link to the direct stream for those who want to have it ready:

I have a few quick errands to do in the interim. I may or may not migrate to the social thread, since I have some unfinished business to deal with IRL. Either way, see you lot back here once Judgment day has come and passed.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Due to circumstances I'll be able to watch the direct live, since I only go to work half an hour later. waves little flag Yay!
I'm happy to see the last character, but more "hyped" for any new games they have to show. Pikmin, new Yoshi game, Earthbound on the Switch and Metroid news, go!

rexfan53

Smash Apprentice
Y’all excited for our capcom or Ubisoft character?(This isnt a leak I’m just messing around)

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Alright, one last bet at guessing a new fighter emoji on this site

let me throw out mine

:ultoctoling:
:ultoctolingboy:
:ultneku:
:ultahri:
:ultjinx:
:ultreimu:
:ultoffthehook:
:ultpearl:
:ultmarina:
:ultelma: LET ME STILL DREAM 😭

rexfan53

Smash Apprentice
If it's Rayman, I'll be so happy.
If it's the Rabbids, happy too but I expect an absurd amount of anger.
It would def be rayman since he has a big history with the company and rabbids stemmed from rayman. Or they’d try to put both or incorporate them in eachother

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I had a dream last night or this morning that our next character would be Jonesy from Fortnite.

If this happens, please don’t blame me; I do not have psychic abilities.

Personally, I wouldn’t be interested much, but I think it’d be funny.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Y’all excited for our capcom or Ubisoft character?(This isnt a leak I’m just messing around)
If by "capcom character" you mean Tron Bonne and her Torture Room and dumb servbots that keep mixing up the animal shelter and the bank, then yes, I'm all for it. Let's join Smash! (the servbots proceed to land in front of the Animal Shelter). "Hey, this isn't Smash" "Uh ohhhh we landed in front of the animal shelter agaaaaaaaain"

Shroob

Sup?
Alright, one last bet at guessing a new fighter emoji on this site

let me throw out mine

:ultoctoling:
:ultoctolingboy:
:ultneku:
:ultahri:
:ultjinx:
:ultreimu:
:ultoffthehook:
:ultpearl:
:ultmarina:
:ultelma: LET ME STILL DREAM 😭
Why Jinx of all LoL characters? Did she get some sorta mascot treatment?

Thought their current deal was the whole (failed) Ruined King scenario.

....at least the Pentakill concert was good.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Why Jinx of all LoL characters? Did she get some sorta mascot treatment?

Thought their current deal was the whole (failed) Ruined King scenario.

....at least the Pentakill concert was good.
She’s the face of the Wild Rift app, or was last I checked

she also has a huge focus in the upcoming Netflix show Arcane

Last edited:

rexfan53

Smash Apprentice
Don’t sleep on fortnite. Game was hella popular the year ultimate came out. And they have fucjing retail standalone fortnite joycons cmon

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Don’t sleep on fortnite. Game was hella popular the year ultimate came out. And they have fucjing retail standalone fortnite joycons cmon
I don't think anyone is.

Instead, not a lot of people actually want it (I think it'd be hilarious though).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom