• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
I don't expect a TGA reveal unless CP11 is the most complex fighter ever, even more than Steve.
Yup a September Nintendo direct reveal is likely the place we are gonna our next fighter. on Average Smash usually tries to have some new reveal every three months. So September is the time we are gonna get our final character most likely.

Say, how long after the Pyra/Mythra presentation were the Arthur and Sophia spirits announced? May have to wait a while longer to see what it is
Pretty sure they were added along side the update for Pyra and Mythra, I remember the pleasant surprise of unlocking Sohpia right after I had updated the game and booted it up.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Sakurai did say that the final character will take a while, but will be released before the end of this year as planned.

If that means we're waiting until October or later, then that could suggest either a complicated character or a very recent character.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. It gives me some hope that Kerrigan with a moveset based around RTS mechanics and summoning Zerg units might actually happen. This also helps Akira Howard’s chances (if the spirit event didn’t deconfirm) since the game was fairly recent and they have a complex moveset.

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
To be honest, Steve does feel like a surprisingly honest pick - especially considering it was strictly Nintendo's idea and not Mr. Sakurai's. I mean - how do you advertise something everyone already knows about? It seems like Nintendo really had nothing to gain beyond "this would be cool and people thus would buy the character." There's a surprising lack of ulterior motive.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think Sakurai needs to retire and leave the office with a new director to be in charge for the series at some point. I would rather see a new Smash Bros. title To be developed without him and that somehow it would actually be better without him. Everything else I’ve seen in the game’s DLC is just mediocre that Nintendo decided it is meant for promotion of new titles to make money out of them.
...So were you a Shantae fan, Dante fan, Lloyd fan, or Dragonborn fan?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
To be honest, Steve does feel like a surprisingly honest pick - especially considering it was strictly Nintendo's idea and not Mr. Sakurai's. I mean - how do you advertise something everyone already knows about? It seems like Nintendo really had nothing to gain beyond "this would be cool and people thus would buy the character."
Weeeeeell, I think having Minecraft on the Wii U and Switch may have had something to do with that. Doesn't surprise me that Nintendo wants that franchise on their consoles.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
There are characters with worse Japan issue than Chief in the game.
Except all of them were first party, and all were added in the base roster. We have so far not gotten a single Smash Ultimate DLC character that appeals specifically to the West.

CureParfait

Smash Ace
RIP Dante. Now I wonder if Fighter 11 mii wave would be a bloodbath like this.

Last edited:

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
Remember that Sakurai presentation is recorded 1/2 months prior, so when he says that we will have to wait a bit, it can be september reveal, thats around 4 months after he recorded FP10 video presentation.

Btw, final mii costume wave should get 6 more mii costumes so we wouls get a mean of 5 per wave (same as FP1). Expect a another bloodbath with doomslayer and ryu hayabusa lol.

Regarding Dante, remember late 2018 Kamiya twitter poll of who do we want in smash ?? Dante won and we see the results..

Last edited:

PacificFun

Smash Ace
To be honest, Steve does feel like a surprisingly honest pick - especially considering it was strictly Nintendo's idea and not Mr. Sakurai's. I mean - how do you advertise something everyone already knows about? It seems like Nintendo really had nothing to gain beyond "this would be cool and people thus would buy the character." There's a surprising lack of ulterior motive.
Steve is this game's shocking third-party bombshell and nothing more. Like you said, there is no alternate motivation (which I can't say for basically the rest of the DLC).

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Can't wait for another Byleth moment

People try to act that they've successfully leaked CP11, but nope..

Edit:
Time and time again they've ended up meaning literally nothing with people desperately trying to tie stuff together whoevee they like and time and tine again, they're wrong
It's believed that the Lucas glitch from Patch 11.0 where his head has practically no hitbox is supposed to be from Kazuya's invincibility while he wavedashes.
Of course, it's speculation.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Remember that Sakurai presentation is recorded 1/2 months prior, so when he says that we will have to wait a bit, it can be september reveal, thats around 4 months after he recorded FP10 video presentation.

Btw, final mii costume wave should get 6 more mii costumes so we wouls get a mean of 5 per wave (same as FP1). Expect a another bloodbath with doomslayer and ryu hayabusa lol.
This one was recorded a couple of weeks ago though. E3 had a bit where Sakurai said he was just about to record this presentation.

SirBillyBob

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5257-9274-9505
Why'd I think this was referring to Steve Jobs for a sec?

Tomorrow, keep an eye for glitches.
Mfw we're still thinking glitches mean anything in 2021.
73e020f56c4a86221823bc32113b4316d2-25-ben-affleck-sad-smoke.rvertical.w330.jpg

subterrestrial

Smash Ace
Yup a September Nintendo direct reveal is likely the place we are gonna our next fighter. on Average Smash usually tries to have some new reveal every three months. So September is the time we are gonna get our final character most likely.
next char coming in october

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
Except all of them were first party, and all were added in the base roster. We have so far not gotten a single Smash Ultimate DLC character that appeals specifically to the West.
First party and base roster don't matter if they were so concerned about specific audience.

And Banjo was specifically appealing to the West.

"Oh he was paired with Hero!" Yeah yeah.

And don't say like 290k is huge difference. Halo is nowhere obscure there as many people believe.
This is all fan rule. We all thought we wouldn't get the second unique fighter from the same third party franchise. We thought Tekken was done for.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Can't wait for another Byleth moment

People try to act that they've successfully leaked CP11, but nope..

Edit:

It's believed that the Lucas glitch from Patch 11.0 where his head has practically no hitbox is supposed to be from Kazuya's invincibility while he wavedashes.
Of course, it's speculation.
Yeah and that's stupid, they didn't change the properties of every projectile for that, they just give Kazuya specific invul frames like any character with disjoints and ****

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Watching the Euros is really making me want a Football moveset lol

I need Cinderace to do some of Portugal's ****housery

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Wow. That presentation was...something.

-Kazuya looks cool. Not nearly as complicated as I thought he would be. Can't wait to play as him.
-I already love the stage. This is going to be so fun in multiplayer.
-Asuka is a spirit. I really like that.
-This round of mii costumes was pretty much a Thanos snap. Lloyd was a given but who expected Dante, Dragonborn and Shantae? They look really good and I'm going to buy them all.
-I love Shantae and I really wanted her to be playable but I take it. The costume looks great and it comes with Burning Town! I already liked the Mii Brawler but now I really have to main them.
-Hey Rie, a deluxe Mii with music that isn't a gunner. You got your wish (pun intended).^^
-No additional Tekken costumes? That's...odd.
-The next character will be the final one which means no bonus character or something like that. It's really going to end. Whoever this last character is...i wish you the best of luck.

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Yeah and that's stupid, they didn't change the properties of every projectile for that, they just give Kazuya specific invul frames like any character with disjoints and ****
Fair
It's more or less thought that glitches are just results of using characters in the game at the time, and taking particular move as inspiration for the development of a future character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom