• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
It always had a main trio of Kazuya, Heihachi, and Jin.

Dixie is a low note because this is the pass that had Steve and Sephiroth, not the base game that had Ridley and K. Rool. How many times do I have to say this?
Dixie's only a low note because you keep moving the goalposts because you're far too desperate to be "right"

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
It's a shame that it's the first parties that don't get as much hype.
While I myself prefer third parties as well, I can't ignore the importance of first parties. Smash started out as a Nintendo All Stars game.
It's how I came up with the conclusion that ANY first party could be a "disappointing finale", not just shill swordies from FE.

"With how these third parties have gone, I'd love to see them go even crazier! Sony characters! Goku! Maybe someone even more obscure! Or double dip with Master Chi-WHAT? They added ****ing Dixie Kong? DIXIE KONG? AFTER STEVE AND SEPHIROTH?"

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
With Shantae officially Mii Costume'd, these two aren't dead yet so I'm just going to keep hoping that one of them gets the last slot.

Will either one actually make it in? Probably ****ing not but let me dream dammit

NotGenerico

Smash Apprentice
Man, that Mii Costume wave stung. Dante especially for me, but I also always liked the idea of Dovahkiin as a playable character, too. I guess I'll take Sakurai's comments on all of these characters being popular requests as a silver lining. Maybe they'll become playable characters in the next game just like how K.Rool, Chrom and Isabelle became playable in Ultimate after they got their Mii Costumes for Wii U.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Now that I think about it, we don't need the face of a series character, main character or poster character to get in a Smash game first over others. First, we got Min Min over Spring Man, who can arguably be said to be the poster boy for ARMS, then we got Pyra and Mythra over Rex, the main character of Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and now we have Kazuya over Heihachi, who is said to be the main face of the series. You know what I am saying here?
Dante was deconfirmed so Vergil could come in as FP12.
Sigh, I wish.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Dixie's only a low note because you keep moving the goalposts because you're far too desperate to be "right"
I don't HAVE to move the goalposts. I just have to pay attention to how much the fanbase wants to "expand the crossover" and think any Nintendo character would be boring, AT or not, FE shill or not, etc.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I believe there are a few first-parties that would get the internet excited. I don't doubt that people would go crazy for Waluigi. I could also see a Zelda character being positively recieved.

Regardless, this last character was never "first-party vs third-party". There's still PLENTY of third-parties who would make people salty, and I think it's ridiculous to assume not being Nintendo is all it takes for people to be excited.

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
At this point my biggest fear isn't that we won't get a Capcom character, it's that we'll get one with plenty of content already in Smash (i.e. Megaman,Monster Hunter,etc.) I'd be fine with anyone else even if it's not Phoenix Wright.
Resident Evil seems like a very slept on choice due to the event, kinda like Kazuya
It's exceptionally weird since none of them got mii'd like Dante
Thing is, Sephiroth was our 8th CP. Yet, he was also the first 2nd Unique charcter from a 3D Party Series.

Then, we went the past 10 Challenger packs assuming Mii Costumes deconfirmed series and Companies. And now we have Kazuya.

Breaking these boundaries took forever. So I don’t see an assist promotion as being off the table. I don’t think its likely, but I don’t think its the crackpot conspiracy that its sometimes made out to be.
Yeah this, I think people should stop gatekeeping AT characters just because they were an item in base game. DLC is a whole different story and Sakurai is well aware of the support for these characters as is Nintendo.

Paraster

Smash Lord
See, I would agree with you, but it's that Sans Mii costume that kills Undertale's chances for me. Never say never, obviously, but I think the doors closed for an Undertale rep.
I WOULD agree with that, except for the whole thing about Heihachi's costume coming early.

If you think the costume makes a UT rep less likely, that'd be fine, but how is this scenario different than one where an early Mii costume decidedly didn't "kill" a different character from that series?

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I believe there are a few first-parties that would get the internet excited. I don't doubt that people would go crazy for Waluigi. I could also see a Zelda character being positively recieved.

Regardless, this last character was never "first-party vs third-party". There's still PLENTY of third-parties who would make people salty, and I think it's ridiculous to assume not being Nintendo is all it takes for people to be excited.
Nah, that would be another incarnation of something from the Link/Zelda/Ganondorf trio because of rotating cast thing.

RaintheCriminalWhirlwind

Smash Journeyman
I gathered this list since the Mii massacre that happened today but I had to change my speculation list slightly since I missed a few

Speculation Totem Pole:
Crash
Master Chief
Sora
DoomSlayer (???)
Chun-li
Waluigi/Zero/Isaac/Shadow (Assist Trophy upgrade basically)
Rayman (???)
Reimu
2B
Phoenix Wright
Spyro (???)
Amaterasu
Dixie Kong
Pokemon Rep
Sergeant Cortez
Rean (Trails of Cold Steel)

These are the names I expect to see during the final character speculation for the next few months. Personally, my totally out-there picks would be Kat from Gravity Rush, Estelle Bright, or Aloy from Horizon. All three have massive potential, they are low on the speculation totem pole, and they are pretty well-liked.

With that said, this list is always subject to change but this is what I expect from this thread and it sucks that these names, even though I love 2B/Phoenix Wright/Chun-li/Zero/Isaac and respect Sora/Master Chief, that we keep circling back to characters in this list.

We need to have more variety than this but it is, what it is. Hopefully, this ride ends soon so we can end the speculation machine for good.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Nah, that would be another incarnation of something from the Link/Zelda/Ganondorf trio because of rotating cast thing.
Hmmm, I don't know about what I am about to say, but maybe they could use one of the goddesses? Maybe they are part of the rotating cast, somewhat?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
That's not a guarantee.

...There just has to be an important character that isn't one of the three who debuts in a game that is relatively large and released in the perfect time frame to get chosen for a new character. Easy!

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Man, between Byleth showing up when he was the big speculated fighter then and an appearance as a Mii costume in this one, Dante has the worst luck with these fifth characters in fighter passes.
Is that a reference to fans expecting Dante as the 5th fighter of the first pass?
(Something something Twitter post)

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
That was... something. Definately something. Sorry to all the fans of the Miis we got this time around (me included rip Dante :sadeyes:).

Kazuya definitely looks fun, but it is probably another character I will mess around with a bit and then drop immediately because I struggle with command inputs and traditional FG mechanics. I'm happy for those that wanted Tekken in Smash though, and it definitely belongs here.

I pretty much have no clue about the last fighter. I'm still leaning towards them ending strong, but I have no idea who it's going to be (although I think a Capcom and Sega rep still have a good shot).

I'm also feeling less confident on a September reveal for the last character. I may be off on this, but Sakurai using the word "awhile" doesn't scream September to me. I could be totally paranoid on that front though. It sucks we don't even have Amiibo theory to work off of now too since we won't see Min Min until 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom