• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashSSL

Smash Apprentice
That's not a guarantee.

...There just has to be an important character that isn't one of the three who debuts in a game that is relatively large and released in the perfect time frame to get chosen for a new character. Easy!
Ghirahim or Impa from Skyward Sword hopefully

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I think the last reveal will take place depending on the complexity of the character.

I don't know if the character's hype factor would affect this as well.

I highly doubt we'll be in THAT long of a drought, e.g. Game Awards 2021, UNLESS it's that big of a character, I suppose.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Not that I agree with this guy on GameFAQs, but he's got an interesting point:

"
that Lloyd, Dante, Dragonborn and Shantae were HEAVILY requested was a bad move

they obviously were but NOW

if the final character is dogs***, he and nintendo are gonna get piled on more than ever with comments like "you KNEW these others were more popular but you gave us "x" instead?!"

"
For one, no promises were made in the first place
For two, it'll happen regardless even if the character is a big shot.
For three, popularity has always been subjective. This is notable when the character hasn't really been requested, but would still be really liked, like Sephiroth.

But regardless, it will happen, even if the character is a big shot. There will always be people who feel like they are entitled to something, even when there are no promises, and they will ***** and moan as they please. Even with the amount of big and heavily requested characters we got.
Absolutely disappointed we didn't get this as a victory screen.
There's always a chance it will be his Classic End Screenshot or something.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I think the last reveal will take place depending on the complexity of the character.

I don't know if the character's hype factor would affect this as well.

I highly doubt we'll be in THAT long of a drought, e.g. Game Awards 2021, UNLESS it's that big of a character, I suppose.
Or the character is even more complex than Steve and Kazuya were.

Shroob

Sup?
So I haven't watched the presentation yet but I saw the Miis

Didn't the datamine suggest 6 miis? Or did we get more promo spirits?

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Dante’s having the biggest reaction a Mii costume’s gotten since Sans. Hopefully Nintendo sees this & puts both Dante/Sans in the next game. I imagine both of them would be fairly easy to get in, so that’s a good way to build hype for that game.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I think that the next character is going to be a September or October reveal and release. I don't expect a TGA reveal except if one of the following are true.
1: CP11 has an extremely complex moveset, comparable to Steve or Kazuya or somehow even more complex than them.
2: CP11 is a big name fighter and they wanted them to be revealed at TGA because it would bring them a bigger audience.
3: They decided to deliberately time CP11's release date to the anniversary of the release of Smash Ultimate itself.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Alright, so this is how I'm choosing to look at things; Kazuya was our final fighter, and CP11 is the "bonus fighter." Kazuya really does feel like a final DLC fighter (with Bayonetta as our sole precedent.) It doesn't really make a difference in speculation, but since CP11 was framed as a sort of extra from the start of FP2, it's how I choose to look at it.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Here are the characters on my most wanted list that I feel still have a realistic chance to make it in as the final character:

1) Rash/Pimple/Zitz (Battletoads)
2) Bill Rizer/Lance Bean (Contra)
3) Sarah Kerrigan (StarCraft)
4) Diablo (Diablo)
5) Arthas (WarCraft)
6) Lu Bu (Dynasty Warriors)
7) Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
8) Gengar (Pokémon)

How would everyone feel if we ended up with one of these characters? I feel like almost all of them are very overlooked as potential characters.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Sakurai did say that the final character will take a while, but will be released before the end of this year as planned.

If that means we're waiting until October or later, then that could suggest either a complicated character or a very recent character.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Sakurai did say that the final character will take a while, but will be released before the end of this year as planned.

If that means we're waiting until October or later, then that could suggest either a complicated character or a very recent character.
I don't expect a more recent fighter unless the game was meant to release earlier but was delayed as a result of COVID.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Yo I just realized something

Imagine the hype that the company that owns the final character is trying to contain and restrict until the reveal..

It's probably like "YOOOOO I can't believe we get THIS high of an honor!!!"

D

Deleted member

I think Sakurai needs to retire and leave the office with a new director to be in charge for the series at some point. I would rather see a new Smash Bros. title To be developed without him and that somehow it would actually be better without him. Everything else I’ve seen in the game’s DLC is just mediocre that Nintendo decided it is meant for promotion of new titles to make money out of them.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Both Kazuya's white and purple suit alts are extremely easy to meme on. But they look so good... as does his golden one.
I was expecting his suit alts to just be four dark unsaturated hues. I'm very glad I was wrong.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I don't expect a more recent fighter unless the game was meant to release earlier but was delayed as a result of COVID.
I think that applies to virtually every game since March of last year.

Imagine the hype that the company that owns the final character is trying to contain and restrict until the reveal..

Unless this character is first-party, in which case Nintendo probably wouldn't care at all since they likely ordered these characters anyway.

Shroob

Sup?
I think Sakurai needs to retire and leave the office with a new director to be in charge for the series at some point. I would rather see a new Smash Bros. title To be developed without him and that somehow it would actually be better without him. Everything else I’ve seen in the game’s DLC is just mediocre that Nintendo decided it is meant for promotion of new titles to make money out of them.
A new director wouldn't change anything lmao.

The dlc has always been a double-up for promotion.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Until it's revealed to be Nintendo themselves, giving them the highest honor of having the final character in this Nintendo game.

2006ToyotaTacoma

Smash Journeyman
There was a problem fetching the tweet
One of Kazuya's alts looks like Kiryu from Yakuza.
...why does something tell me this is intentional....

Either way, I'll take this as a Yakuza easter egg. Kiryu's chances have been dead imo since Kazuya so a little nod like this is all I need lol.

SirBillyBob

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5257-9274-9505
In the name of Hades, Sakurai, I accept this invite
Hades was extremely well received when it came out.
>The game is very popular on Nintendo consoles, getting a physical release announced in a Nintendo Direct.
>>The game released recently on the Japanese e-Shop.
Oh yeah, it's all coming together.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
So I haven't watched the presentation yet but I saw the Miis

Didn't the datamine suggest 6 miis? Or did we get more promo spirits?
Those last 2 spots could be either the proper and fully accessible Arthur and Sophia spirits, or two new spirits that will be given to players who have save data for 2 particular games on the Switch.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Those last 2 spots could be either the proper and fully accessible Arthur and Sophia spirits, or two new spirits that will be given to players who have save data for 2 particular games on the Switch.
Say, how long after the Pyra/Mythra presentation were the Arthur and Sophia spirits announced? May have to wait a while longer to see what it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom