• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
What Bamco content could come with Kazuya?
Soul caliber stuff?
Tales of stuff?
lets see

Also BRO why are people saying "stop adding fighting game characters to smash" like bruh smash IS a fighting game '_'
Dark Souls, Digimon, Tales of, just to name a few. Bamco has a lot IP's, and many easy costumes~

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Day 1: Concept: League Of Legends Rep
Day 2: Rean Schwarzer (Trails)/Estelle Bright (Trails)/Adol (Ys)
Day 3: Decidueye/Garchomp/Gen 8 (Pokemon Day)
Day 4: Professor Layton/Monokuma (Danganronpa)
Day 5: Reimu Hakuri (Touhou)/Shantae
Day 6: Quote(Cave Story) /The Knight (Hollow Knight)
Day 7: Master Chief/Dovakhin/ Crash
Day 8: Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney)/Amaterasu (Okami)
Day 9: Arle Nadja (Puyo)/Concept: Phantasy Star Newcomer
Day 10: Demi-Fiend (SMT)/SMT 5 Protagonist
Day 11: Saber(Fate)/Euden(Dragalia Lost)/Katalina(Grand Blue)
Day 12: Ayumi Tachibani(Famicom Detective)/Officer Howard(Astral Chain)/Ring Fit Trainee
Day 13: Concept Zelda Newcomer/King Boo/Gooigi
Day 14: Rayman/Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear) /Concept: Disagea Rep
Day 15: Sakura Shingumi (Sakura Wars) /Axel Stone (streets of Rage)
Day 16: Andy (Advance Wars)/Ashley(WarioWare)
Day 17: Waluigi/Isaac (Golden Sun)

If anyone is interested, here is the planned schedule for RTC after CP 10. Shifting gears towards a more smaller character focused schedule as a whole, think it will be a lot of fun to think about.
How about a splatoon day as well (Octoling/Off the Hook)?

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
I'll reiterate my thoughts on the reveal here. Tekken is a big and important franchise, so it deserves to be in. But as for me personally, I don't know a whole lot about Tekken, so Kazuya didn't have personal attachment from me. Since I don't come from a fighting game background, command inputs are something I'm terrible at, so Kazuya doesn't grab me from a moveset standpoint either, unfortunately. So I'm very lukewarm towards his inclusion. Happy for Tekken fans and those who prefer command input characters, though!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So I have the necessity point this out

Kazuya is our second third party villain.

He technically started as a protagonist in Canon Tekken Lore but turned bad.

Looks like Sephiroth's made new friends : )
Or if you want to appease the fangirls:

NEW SHIP

SEPHZUYA *****ES

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Also, people are asking for Shantae as a CO. Because of course.
This irks me a lot because Patricia Wagon is right there when it comes to WayForward characters and would fit in much better with the Advance Wars cast.

1623811740410.png

Heck you can even have her soldiers be the Hooligan Sisters. It writes itself.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Also, I wouldn't mind AT ALL if CP11 was the protagonist from Shin Megami Tensei V. He looks so damn cool. Like, look at this beauty:

Given how hard Nintendo is pushing it, considering it was one of their main 3 “big” games this direct, SMT V would be a likely choice for a shill choice. I’d say it’s one of the more likely choices tbh.

And yeah, he looks cool as heck. Flashy and an awesome design.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Okay, again, did I miss a part where Kazuya has pink on him? Why are people still talking about color theory?

...they don't even work for the same company.

Not enough to nullify contracts.
Well Tekken’s logo has a lot of red in it and Kazuya does have a red glowing eye but that’s all I got. Not every background really fits the character’s color scheme but some of them do. I don’t think the color theory guarantees we’ll get a character that is or wears green but I think it does slightly increase the odds. It’s pretty much just something fun to think about and not a hard rule.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’m curious as to why they didn’t reveal the final character today alongside Kazuya. Are they really that obsessed with revealing them shortly before release now?
Cuz Ultimate has been the switch’s most consistent hype machine for three years and god damnit Nintendo’s gonna make it last.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Given how hard Nintendo is pushing it, considering it was one of their main 3 “big” games this direct, SMT V would be a likely choice for a shill choice. I’d say it’s one of the more likely choices tbh.

And yeah, he looks cool as heck. Flashy and an awesome design.
Yeah. I doubt it's going to happen though, unless Sakurai had a early build of the game like he did with Three Houses, but I feel that's a harder scenario for a third party dev. But hey who knows! If not, then I guess Demi-fiend is still the best option for SMT. But I'm personally expecting a first party character for CP11.

Also, I wouldn't mind AT ALL if CP11 was the protagonist from Shin Megami Tensei V. He looks so damn cool. Like, look at this beauty:
It amazes me how visually stunning that game is. Like, the Switch isn't super weak hardware, but it feels like 2021 is the year all the devs figured out how to make the system work.

But anyway, yeah, that guy would be a cool addition. I'm wondering what he'd do to stand out ability-wise, but visually he's pretty distinct.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
INB4 "ew anime sword character".

His pallet swaps could look really dang cool though.

Well Tekken’s logo has a lot of red in it and Kazuya does have a red glowing eye but that’s all I got. Not every background really fits the character’s color scheme but some of them do. I don’t think the color theory guarantees we’ll get a character that is or wears green but I think it does slightly increase the odds. It’s pretty much just something fun to think about and not a hard rule.
Really it's a dumb thing made up by an algorithm that has had a lot of coincidental accuracy for some reason.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
INB4 "ew anime sword character".

His pallet swaps could look really dang cool though.

Really it's a dumb thing made up by an algorithm that has had a lot of coincidental accuracy for some reason.
That’s also true. That’s why I never really took it too seriously but it at least gives us something to talk about.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Before I head out for the night, just curious..
Has anyone leaked Kazuya?

I know a certain someone didn't... lmao

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Coming back to Metroid Dread, I really love the portrayal of Samus. I think Mercury Steam already did a great job portraying her in Samus Returns but so far, she looks fantastic in Dread. I mean, look how badass she is here, after defeating a boss.

And other cinematic sequences, including gameplay, makes her really feel as a badass killing machine that doesn't hesitate to pull the trigger.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Okay, thanks. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
So I've heard Martin got his color theory thing right for Kazuya..

What color did he predict for Fp11?

Coming back to Metroid Dread, I really love the portrayal of Samus. I think Mercury Steam already did a great job portraying her in Samus Returns but so far, she looks fantastic in Dread. I mean, look how badass she is here, after defeating a boss.

And other cinematic sequences, including gameplay, makes her really feel as a badass killing machine that doesn't hesitate to pull the trigger.
This is making me hope she pulls stuff from Dread when the next Smash game comes out. The animation work is great, and the clunky Smash iteration makes me really sad in comparison.
Guys. I've cracked the code.

The next fighter will be Cursed Link. It's the Link we already have in Super Smash Bros., but now he has B.S. time rewind powers among other things.
If he has flowing locks, I'll take it.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I love how the direction they decided to take was "give her Mega Man X levels of shmoovement". I think it's perfect for her.

"Hey, bro, can you keep a secret?"
"I've been trying to reach you concerning your car's extended warranty."

Aboyd

Smash Cadet
I Know Epic Martin Color theory is interesting and got stuff right, but I don't know if i can get behind CP11 using a green color. Pyra/Mythra already use Green, and I think at least within pass, they would make colors more separate.

I want to say Purple is the way to go from here, or some other interesting color like Sephiroth's more gray color

From Tekken 6 and onwards (and I think Tekken 5 maybe), you usually just customize the colors of the outfits to your liking

The previous games before usually was limited to alts, and like one Palette Swap. I wouldn't be worried about muted palettes since Namco allows the Tekken characters to already have crazy outfits and colors anyway in the home game

I mean to be honest, at this point, riling for any character can be considered wishful thinking. CP11 Speculation is gonna be the most Freeform speculation of the DLC, because alot of perceived barriers are cut down, and since this is the last character, it's unknown what's gonna happen. You should go all in at this point

The reason I was thinking Shadow was in a do or die situation for today was because considering it's the Anniversary of not only Sonic, but Specifically SA2 in like 3 days, I would think that if Shadow was actually in the pass, he'd be revealed now.

Thinking about it further, Pyra/Mythra were revealed after Sakurai had posted the Anniversary pic anyway, and plus I think perhaps Nintendo and/or Sega might see more benefit for announcing Shadow later, maybe to better coincide with Sonic release near fall.

Sakurai does like Edgy characters though, and it seems This pass is him expressing his love of Edge.
And even Tekken's anniversary was done before Kazuya's reveal (granted the PlayStation version of Tekken, but still)

Last edited:

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
Master Chief was probably deconfirmed earlier today, what halos community manager tweeted out states as much. From here on out, I throw my stock behind Eggman. We've been getting a lot of villains, he'd be super unique, and then maybe we'll get some cool good vs evil story dlc, since it's only characters that's been strictly stated to be coming off the table.

Thoughts on Nintendos e3: it was decent. There's definitely been worse. I'm hype for Mario party and Warioware. I'm not personally hype for metroid, but I know it is hype. Tekken deserved a spot, it's just super weird to me that it took until the last two dlc to get there. We're probably not getting Zelda until early 2023 if they're "aiming for 2022," that's what I took from that. Animal Crossing is dead it seems, which is a huge bummer for a game that really could have kept on going. Didn't they promise three years of content? I still can't believe how fast they let that game stale.

Overall? We still haven't seen Sony, and won't for who knows how long, but I don't see them really oohing and aahing the general public. In my eyes, Microsoft takes this E3. Way more major series announcements, lots of exclusives, almost all day one on GP. Game Pass is a force to be reckoned with.

Future speculation: There's still something Microsoft + Nintendo brewing. Phil Spencer doesn't have a Switch on his hint shelf for nothing. Early rumors suggested that whatever it is wasn't going to be shown off until fall anyways, a lot of people just expected it at E3. I hope Nintendo does get the full game pass library somehow, it'd be a really big get for Switch owners. It'd also put some pressure on Nintendo to provide a halfway decent online service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom