• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I just realized that I want both characters to have crossed over in the past, being owned by Capcom and Sega respectively while having a surprising amount of overlap.

KIRYU VS NICK: BATTLE OF THE DADS
Damn can't believe I ended up getting this part right.

Personally I'm not a Tekken fan but I respect the franchise a lot and Kazuya looks ****ing sick so I'm very much ok with this, my pattern still holds true after all

SNEKeater

Smash Master
This is making me hope she pulls stuff from Dread when the next Smash game comes out. The animation work is great, and the clunky Smash iteration makes me really sad in comparison.
That would be great but I doubt it. I can see them giving her her Prime 4/Dread redesign, but I wouldn't expect a moveset rework.

Oh, and also: I really appreciate that they're not trying to play it safe with Dread. Sometimes I was worried that a new 2D Metroid game would go with a safer route and try to be Super Metroid 2, going back to the Varia Suit even if that's impossible due to what happens to her suit during Metroid Fusion, and more. They seem to really going all out with new ideas and going deeper into the horror aspect of Fusion, which is a win for me.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Next character is tied to the colour green? I know who he is!

Unfortunately he dont like gren green

Merengue

Smash Journeyman
1623813031107.png

Nintendo reminding us the F-Zero series is dead. I'm surprised. Why didn't he throw Ness and Lucas into the volcano? Ness and Lucas' CGI Models are nowhere to be seen despite them and their stages being shown in every smash trailer.

Last edited:

RGFS

Smash Journeyman
Hey, wait a minute... dumb-pattern time!

Both Min Min and Kazuya are from pretty different fighting games,

Both Sephiroth and Pyra are from pretty different JRPGS,

Steve is from an open world game... isn't that new Pokemon game an open world? This could also bode well for a Breath of the Wild character. also GTA.

Pillow

Smash Lord
So, looking at Kazuya's trailer some more, I almost wonder if he's going to control somewhat like Min Min, but with punches and kicks. It would bump his moveset up to around 22 moves instead of the usual 16 if I'm counting both correctly. Also, 3 or 4 of the moves shown in the trailer look like they are tied to grab, so he might not be quite as complicated as he seems.
While I hope that’s the case, since I’d personally prefer a more accessible character, I’d also be kinda bothered by the fact that he’s not super complicated when Tekken is a notoriously difficult game

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Damn can't believe I ended up getting this part right.

Personally I'm not a Tekken fan but I respect the franchise a lot and Kazuya looks ****ing sick so I'm very much ok with this, my pattern still holds true after all
A fighting game character in Smash is always a win in my book.

Obviously I'd have picked Sol first if I could, but Tekken is a dope option as well. Now we only need Mortal Kombat, Guilty Gear, Blazblue and Soul Calibur to complete the FGC representation. :4pacman:

RiderFan

Smash Rookie
Also, I wouldn't mind AT ALL if CP11 was the protagonist from Shin Megami Tensei V. He looks so damn cool. Like, look at this beauty:

I completely agree. I've been thinking Demi-fiend was the most likely SMT rep because the remaster came out with SMTV still being far off, but seeing Nahobino in the SMTV trailer today really made me want him in Smash much more than Demi-fiend.

An SMT rep honestly makes a lot of sense for a bunch of reasons: (1) The Nocturne Remaster just came out and SMTV is coming out in November so it would help garner interest in the SMT series in time for its release, (2) Joker had absolutely no SMT content at all and only brings Persona content so SMT isn't represented at all in Smash, and (3) Nintendo is really treating this title as one of their big Switch titles as evident from the E3 promotion and even being announced at the Switch reveal. Nahobino (or Demi-fiend) would be incredibly unique too since they would have their own abilities on top of incorporating demon summoning.

The only problem with Nahobino is that I don't think we've had a brand new character get in Smash before their game comes out in general before. The closest we've gotten is a character from a game that was released in Japan but not yet released in America and even then those were first party. Hopefully, Nahobino can be a special case and still make it in just before SMTV releases because he looks awesome.

ShrimpScampi

Smash Journeyman
Finally got a chance to post my thoughts after the reveal today. For me, Kazuya is... okay. I've never played Tekken, so I have zero connection to the character. His playstyle looks like it could be interesting, although Ken and Ryu never clicked with me, so I doubt I'll be using Kazuya much. I'm also bummed that Lloyd/Tales in general will most likely be Mii'd on the 28th. Oh well. Congrats to the people who wanted him, and at least I got a chuckle out of him throwing everyone off the cliff.

The Direct had some other announcements that got me hyped, though. I'm super excited for the Danganronpa Decadence collection -- when they showed all the individual game logos, I misread Danganronpa S as Danganronpa 5 and was extremely confused. The protag design for SMT5 was sick, and actually getting another 2D Metroid game feels surreal. Nintendo's E3 presentation was definitely the highlight of the conference overall.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
That would be great but I doubt it. I can see them giving her her Prime 4/Dread redesign, but I wouldn't expect a moveset rework.
For me that would be the worst of both worlds: I don't like the new armour and I would really like to see a more fluid Samus in Super Smash Bros.

That being said, I do think it would be neat she had all of her suit designs though. Even the kinda gross looking ones.

RGFS

Smash Journeyman
One thing I just wanna say.

Don't y'all start going hard on color theory thinking it's infallible. It's a THEORY, after all. And even Martin's constantly tweaking it.

View attachment 319486
I'm pretty sure most of us take color theory as seriously as we do the possibility of seeing Goku or Spongebob getting in. It's just fun how it points to things and keeps discussions going.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
For me that would be the worst of both worlds: I don't like the new armour and I would really like to see a more fluid Samus in Super Smash Bros.

That being said, I do think it would be neat she had all of her suit designs though. Even the kinda gross looking ones.
The new armour was at first quite shocking for me, I didn't know how to feel about it. After seeing it more times it's growing on me. But yeah. the perfect scenario would be having her different suits, which wouldn't be hard.

• Prime suit
  • Other M suit
  • Dread suit
  • Fusion suit

If they decide to go big then we could add some of the special suits from the Prime series, like the Phazon Suit, the Light Suit.... which is one of my fave Samus designs.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
If you really want an indictment of the current landscape remember that Smash 4 also had specific character colours and I don't recall a single theory being spawned from it during that game's tenure.
This is probably because ssb4 had a bunch of leaks and also the ballot* while ssbu has...absolutely nothin', at least for the majority of the run.

If we aren't given something to talk about. We will make something to talk about. lol

*I could just be remembering the highlight reel on this to some extent though.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
A fighting game character in Smash is always a win in my book.

Obviously I'd have picked Sol first if I could, but Tekken is a dope option as well. Now we only need Mortal Kombat, Guilty Gear, Blazblue and Soul Calibur to complete the FGC representation. :4pacman:
Speaking of Sol I am going to get jumped by my friends who love Tekken because I said "Damn Kazuya has Sol's new DI super" when he pulled that **** off

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
This is probably because ssb4 had a bunch of leaks and also the ballot* while ssbu has...absolutely nothin', at least for the majority of the run.

If we aren't given something to talk about. We will make something to talk about. lol

*I could just be remembering the highlight reel on this to some extent though.
Idk, at the height of stuff going on we also had chair theory.

I think something's just in the water.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Idk, at the height of stuff going on we also had chair theory.
...That is also true.

I just watched Gamexplain's vid on Dread.

Dread "Finishing" the 2D Metroid storyline is.... interesting. Makes me VERY curious as to what that means, exactly.
I hope it doesn't mean:

"This is the first new 2D Metroid game in 19 or so years!"

"It's also the last 2D Metroid game. lol"

Sexy theory is going strong
No.

Stop.

Cease.

Desist.

Refrain.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Sexy theory is going strong
I cannot imagine simping for a character so much as to want them in Smash, seems pretty ****ing pathetic if you ask me hone-
image0.jpg

Oh no I became what I hated the most

ALSO **** ME IF KAZUYA AND SEPHIROTH WERE SWAPPED WE'D GENUINELY HAVE BELIEVED IT WAS VERGIL AS WE NOW HAVE A THIRD PARTY SERIES THAT DIDN'T USE THE MASCOT OR THE PROTAG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom