• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
God I can actually see a LoL rep REALLY show up at E3.

Left-field
Still hype
You'll have your fair share of salt :4pacman:
Chinese fans go nuts
LoL comes to the Switch
new LoL audience for those interested and Chinese players get attracted to Smash

It's a good marketing move, and who knows, maybe Sakurai would've wanted it too
But if it happens, I might also look out for a Hollow Knight Deluxe Mii cuz of that one 4chan leak that became the very reason that LoL in smash has even become an unironic discussion

Awkwah

Smash Apprentice

Left-field
Still hype
Chinese fans go nuts
LoL comes to the Switch
new LoL audience for those interested and Chinese players get attracted to Smash

But if it happens, I might also look out for a Hollow Knight Deluxe Mii cuz of that one 4chan leak that became the very reason that LoL in smash has even become an unironic discussion

Welcome to what I want so bad

EDIT: but smash in China, would be VERY huge if it were to happen

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I just had a thought:

Would it be considered TOO late if Nintendo wanted to add a character this late in the pass for the purpose of grabbing the attention of a NEW audience to try the corresponding character in Smash? As the DLC wraps up?

I'm 50/50 on this. Sephiroth was the 3rd of 6 in FP2, but I've see many FF fans say "I GOTTA GET A SWITCH/SMASH NOW WTF!?"
Who knows. : d
Most likely. Ultimate has already broken so many sales records, its only competition for "best selling fighting game of all time" will have to be Smash 6 if its system is another commercial success.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If we do get an LoL its most certainly will be Ahri. I recall she's the face and mascot no?

Unless a "Everyone is the protagonist" is pulled off as was done with Min Min.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Also, someone correct me,
But I recall some user with the phrase "Martin" in them used statistics of some kind to predict FP2 characters' backgrounds, and CORRECTLY predicted the Pyra/Mythra background color.

If that's true, I also recall him saying CP10's background should be pink.

Pink... makes me think....
Ahri
Also for some reason LoL SCREAMS the number 10 to me idk lol

Gengar84

Smash Hero

Left-field
Still hype
Chinese fans go nuts
LoL comes to the Switch

I don’t care how unlikely they are, I’m rooting for Kha’Zix and Nocturne and no one can tell me otherwise. 😎

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
If we do get an LoL its most certainly will be Ahri. I recall she's the face and mascot no?

Unless a "Everyone is the protagonist" is pulled off as was done with Min Min.
There's no singular face for LoL, and no protagonist either. League's lore basically has a bunch of interconnected tales and events. In a way, each character could rightfully be called the "protagonist" of their arc.

Ahri is certainly one of the most popular champions, but she isn't the only viable choice. There's others like Lux, Teemo, Jinx, etc.

I really recommend taking a look at the list of Champions if you wanna learn more - maybe you'll find someone you like lol.

warubyun

Smash Apprentice
First off welcome back to the forum.

Now that things are back, I shall continue to support Otto Matic, despite his chances being 0.

Do you all have that one pick you think would be awesome, but also think they have no realistic chance?
I would have been very happy with a rep from the Civilization series, one of my favourite franchises of all time. The chance for such a rep isn't literally zero, as Civilization VI is on the Switch, but it would be more likely to appear in the form of Mii costumes or spirit event.

Also, a Valve rep. I'd be out there howling with everyone else had Gordon Freeman, Chell or one of the Team Fortress mercs showed up, but I think the chances of that are virtually nil. I've seen TF2 fans be surprisingly confident about their chances, the rationale of which I struggle to imagine. Not even Valve seems to care about TF2 anymore, so I can't see them pushing one of the mercs over Gordon or Chell, or even a Dota rep. If they even got the chance, that is, which I feel is unlikely due to their total lack of history with Nintendo.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Idk about y'all but if we do get someone from League, I'd wanna see how League players like Pokimane and Tyler1 react to it lmao
Also, looked for fun, and found out that this champion here, Riven, was based on :ultmarth:!

looks at bio then looks at skills

Umm, what part of her is based on Marth? The only thing I found that really points to Marth is that her code name used to be Marth, but like, her design and weapon are obviously different, I'm looking at her bio and her background and story is nothing like Marth's, I don't know about her skills in action, but most of them don't even look like they resemble Marth's moves...the only thing where she has any semblance to Marth is one of her cosmetics where she has blue hair and gold armor, as Marth with a gold outfit does exist, but her hair looks more like the Marth/Itsuki from Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
There's no singular face for LoL, and no protagonist either. League's lore basically has a bunch of interconnected tales and events. In a way, each character could rightfully be called the "protagonist" of their arc.

Ahri is certainly one of the most popular champions, but she isn't the only viable choice. There's others like Lux, Teemo, Jinx, etc.

I really recommend taking a look at the list of Champions if you wanna learn more - maybe you'll find someone you like lol.
Ah thanks for the correction. That's apparently what I had thought but ain't the case it seems.

Technomage

Smash Champion
To be honest, I felt like people were too quick to count out Capcom because of the Mii Costumes. They were included because the timing was right for advertising, and Capcom has a lot more material for more Mii Costumes.

I feel like they have a good chance of getting one last character in.
Speaking of Capcom: If Dante were to be one of the last DLCs, should he have his crappy reboot appearance as an alt, even if it's just for laughs?

volbound1700

Smash Master
After what happened with Shovel Knight, Shantae, Undertale, and Cuphead, not really, no.
Yeah, those are probably the four biggest Indie IPs (Not sure were Yooka-Layla fits in there as well).

Speaking of Capcom: If Dante were to be one of the last DLCs, should he have his crappy reboot appearance as an alt, even if it's just for laughs?
Generally, I have noticed that Sakurai goes with the most popular design for a character. Megaman and Pacman both got designs that were not the most modern design.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I don't think so; Pac-Man didn't have his Ghostly Adventures appearance, Banjo and Kazooie didn't have a Nuts & Bolts alt, and Simon Belmont didn't have either of these appearances:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Is Nidalee popular at all? I think she’s my favorite of all the human characters. I’ve always been a big fan of huntress characters like H’aanit, Zhu Rong, and Maya and it would be cool to get a character like that in Smash.

1623173940910.jpeg

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
I can still say that Base spirits which shantae appeared in during the World of Light still has a shot. As Min Min and Pyra/Mythra proved that fact.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I would, because that kind of alt would generate some funny reactions from people (and I say this as someone who bears no ill will towards them). XD
I think the closest that they'd get to acknowledging the reboot would be giving Dante a taunt/win screen where he says something like "Think you can beat me? Pfft. Not in a million years."

Last edited:

volbound1700

Smash Master
The reason that I feel like a Capcom character is not likely is mostly due to Monster Hunter. I feel like the order of IP that Nintendo would want to add to Smash are the following:

1. Monster Hunter
2. Resident Evil
3. Devil May Cry

It seems like both MH and RE are kind of deconfirmed (it isn't 100% but the Mii Costumes and Spirit Events do lean towards a deconfirmation). I feel like Monster Hunter is the hottest IP and Nintendo would want a MH character over other Capcom IP. Capcom also already has 3 characters in the game.

Technomage

Smash Champion
No! We do NOT speak of that disgrace Don'te/DINO (Dante In Name Only).
Too bad; I'm gonna speak of him again. :p

It'd be even funnier if in Dante's trailer/Sakurai Presents, Don'te would be treated as the presentation's butt monkey (such as him getting killed in Mario's stead). XD

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
The reason that I feel like a Capcom character is not likely is mostly due to Monster Hunter. I feel like the order of IP that Nintendo would want to add to Smash are the following:

1. Monster Hunter
2. Resident Evil
3. Devil May Cry

It seems like both MH and RE are kind of deconfirmed (it isn't 100% but the Mii Costumes and Spirit Events do lean towards a deconfirmation). I feel like Monster Hunter is the hottest IP and Nintendo would want a MH character over other Capcom IP. Capcom also already has 3 characters in the game.
Is that order of priorities based on anything at all?

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Just wondering, but, are there any “reboot” videogame character designs that are more popular than the original? Online discussion gives the impression that all reboot designs are terrible, but, then again, if people like a reboot design, they would just call it the main design and ignore that it’s a reboot, wouldn’t they?

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I won't lie, a dark side of me wants this to see the Internet and Smash fanbase burn.

I crave rage.
I actually kinda crave rage too, really. It is rage that fuels corrections in the simulation that is society. Rage is a necessary component of reality. Things never get any better if there isn't any rage to cause said betterment.

I'm a jokester, but I get existential sometimes.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Just wondering, but, are there any “reboot” videogame character designs that are more popular than the original?
Team Ninja's Hayabusa for sure, and debatably Sonic Team's modern Arle design too.

Personally I prefer Compile's classic Puyo style but the modern style following Puyo Fever has become more synonymous with the brand.

I don't know how extreme of a reboot you're alluding to, since these do at least maintain the general gist of what those characters have always been, but I feel like they qualify as drastic shifts in tone, artstyle and/or gameplay. Effectively rebooting the series in one sense or another.

Last edited:

Yacobo

Smash Apprentice
Just wondering, but, are there any “reboot” videogame character designs that are more popular than the original? Online discussion gives the impression that all reboot designs are terrible, but, then again, if people like a reboot design, they would just call it the main design and ignore that it’s a reboot, wouldn’t they?
Donkey Kong

Technomage

Smash Champion
Yeah, though I'd find Don'te as an alt funny, I'd still consider it going too far to make it the main/only design, and not include the OG Dante that everyone loves. Just don't make Don'te anything more than a side costume. :p

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Obviously not.

My bet would be DMC3 and 5 alts. If 5 is too new for Sakurai and his team to be implemented, then DMC1+3 alts or 3+4 alts.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I don't see a problem with it if it's not used as his main design, especially when it's cleaned up and nowhere near that jail mugshot of his. But the other designs of Dante should be used for Alts first before his DmC design.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Nah, I could think of a few alt costumes I'd like beyond using DmC Dante's appearance in any capacity.

8 alts, so:
  1. Devil May Cry Coat
  2. Devil May Cry 2 Coat
  3. Devil May Cry 3 Coat
  4. Devil May Cry 4 Coat
  5. Devil May Cry 5 Coat
  6. Sparda
  7. Devil May Cry 1 Coatless
  8. Devil May Cry 3 Shirtless
That's assuming we fill out every slot with an alternate costume.
Were we to instead have 1 costume with 7 alternative colors, well... I'd just reference the other Devil May Cry characters.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom