• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Sometimes there are events that line up so perfectly it makes you feel like reality is scripted.
Tell me about it. Became part of a set of streamers' video stream for a Fall guys stream where they were inviting community and random viewers and I was expecting to be not good and wasn't expecting attention, yet ended up winning 3 times(the 2nd in the most clutch-est way) and was even talked about constantly by the streamers and chats.

Made today feel really good for me(and all the more special if some people take a look at one of my account details regarding today) that I had a good time with them and I was entertainment for them and their community and viewers.

Last edited:

SirCamp

Smash Ace
Just redid my siggy. Did I add too many images? lol I dunno if there's a limit and I may have gone overboard...

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
Any interesting 4chan leaks you guys came across?
I don't know if this has been brought up before (if it has, sorry), but I'll share it anyway. I remember something about a Crash Bandicoot multiplayer game from a little while ago. I don't remember whether it was a battle royale game or a racing game (a la Sonic Rivals or Mad Dash Racing; not CTR) or whatever. I couldn't care less about whether or not the rumor was true (I was never into Crash as a series), but I thought it was a neat concept.
1622370391349.jpg

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
I don't know if this has been brought up before (if it has, sorry), but I'll share it anyway. I remember something about a Crash Bandicoot multiplayer game from a little while ago. I don't remember whether it was a battle royale game or a racing game (a la Sonic Rivals or Mad Dash Racing; not CTR) or whatever. I couldn't care less about whether or not the rumor was true (I was never into Crash as a series), but I thought it was a neat concept.
I think it was supposed to be a battle Royal. I don't know if it's still happeneing or not, or it's in hiatus though

In any case, in regards to some 4chan leaks, I have 3 I've found that had some interesting choices, and sometimes not just for Smash

The First leak

/v/ - Video Games » Thread #558493308 (b4k.co)

The 2nd Leak (Smash Specfic, no tied to Direct leak)

/vg/ - Video Game Generals » Thread #337848445 (b4k.co)

the 3rd leak (Only has 1st party titles)

/v/ - Video Games » Thread #558338452 (b4k.co)

Shroob

Sup?
I think it was supposed to be a battle Royal. I don't know if it's still happeneing or not, or it's in hiatus though

In any case, in regards to some 4chan leaks, I have 3 I've found that had some interesting choices, and sometimes not just for Smash

The First leak

First leak

Okay, which one of you King Boo stans wrote this?

Oh so that's why you chose this one.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

The First leak

1623041525642.png

Anyway none of these leaks include SMTV which literally got leaked to be having details bout to be recently announced so it's safe to say they're all bunk.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Is Phantasy Star one of those series that like, everyone knows about but me?

I know a TON of people in my Granblue guild constantly gush about it but I've like, never heard about it.

cashregister9

Smash Hero

The First leak

That first one is confusing and bad.

FFXV Is technically already on the Switch with the mobile version, and unless we are getting a Switch Pro, Which the leak did not mention, then I cannot see the regular one making it onto the console

The Second one is also weird to me only because of the name, Why would the character be named after the company they are employed by and not something a bit more generic like ARK Operative, or any of the default names.

The Third one is just very boring.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master

I know a TON of people in my Granblue guild constantly gush about it but I've like, never heard about it.
I believe it's like MMORPG. If you not into that, and also didn't have a Dreamcast, you probably haven't heard of it. I wouldn't say it's Niche Niche, but I don't think it's a series that's gonna jog the gnoggin of all the gamers. It's like a Cult Classic. It's also more of a Japanese popular game also

PSO2 has been getting attention thanks to Xbox and such though

Okay, which one of you King Boo stans wrote this?

Oh so that's why you chose this one.
I Know one person on Papagenos Discord that's a big King Boo Fan, and predicts him for FP2. even still, I'm not sure that person wrote this, but I also wouldn't be surprised

And I didn't choose that one for the reason you might be thinking. I was actually interested in what you guys think New Donkey Kong will be about, and whether Mother will actually get a remake

Ivander

Smash Legend

Well, Phantasy Star has a history with the four RPGs, the first on the Master System and the other 3 on the Genesis, and then there's the Online and Universe/Portable series. Online was on the Dreamcast, Gamecube, Xbox and PC. Universe was on Xbox(I think 360) and PC and then you have the Portable games on PSP. And there's also Zero on the DS.

I wouldn't say it's an unknown series, as any Sega Genesis fan would know about the RPGs and the Online series is definitely big when it became the standard for future games. I don't know about Universe itself, but I wouldn't be surprised about the Portable games being popular due to piracy and the amount of Monster Hunter-like games being rampart on the PSP.
But that said, I can sorta see why some people wouldn't know about it when Phantasy Star Online 2, despite saying that it was coming to the West, did not come to the West until almost 8 years after it was released in Japan in 2012. There was clearly demand for Phantasy Star Online 2 to come to the West because Sega of America did answer about it, but it is easy to see why not alot of people in the West would know or think about Phantasy Star when there was hardly any attention on it unless you were someone who found a way to play the JP version of PSO2.
For some, it could be a revived interest after PSO2 was finally announced to come to the West, along with alot of help from Microsoft advertising it. For others, maybe it's because it is a new MMORPG, which still have a big fanbase.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master

bottom text.
Okay fine yes I did choose the leak mainly for that reason. I just can't help it, E3 is like a week away, and I can feel it in my bones that this might be the final excursion I will take until the Dream of Shadow in Smash might become a reality

All the Theories, All the Speculation that me and other Shadow fans have done might not be for naught, but I do imagine if E3 Comes and no result comes along there, it will be over

Crash fans, Master Chief fans, Waluigi fans, etc. have their urges of talking about their character at E3, and I have mine also

SharkLord

Smash Hero

If it's any solace I don't know much about it either beyond that one time we briefly discussed a rumor that had Matoi in it

Last edited:

rychu_supadude

Smash Journeyman
I found this tier list of what reactions would be like if these characters got into Smash as DLC:
View attachment 318121
I certainly wouldn't be part of any "united" camp for the shooty boys, I'd be rather peeved. It's pretty naive to think that such a thing as universal appeal exists. And as toxic as people can get about S/S itself, any Pokémon would itself be implemented well enough to move it up a tier there - much like the reaction to Mario+Rabbids.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I certainly wouldn't be part of any "united" camp for the shooty boys, I'd be rather peeved. It's pretty naive to think that such a thing as universal appeal exists. And as toxic as people can get about S/S itself, any Pokémon would itself be implemented well enough to move it up a tier there - much like the reaction to Mario+Rabbids.
I'll also add that Master Chief and Crash would probably draw ire for perceived oversaturation in speculation, Chief would get shade from Nintendo purists, and there's probably people who would feel the Knight is too niche or too simplistic or something, not to mention their nail is basically a sword anyways. Well, I'm not 100% sure with the Knight since I haven't seen them discussed much, but you get my drift; Basically, I agree wholeheartedly that a united fanbase is impossible.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Next Bigley of the smash community
Can we get these two as FP10 and FP11? I think we could use Sakurai dunking on us with two OCs that together represent 80% of the fanbase's biggest pet peeves.

Then fans of the other 99% of game genres can go full Punished Snake or something

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
After months of "Scrimblo Bimblo" posting ****ting on anyone who doesn't think Pyra is the best thing over, you all freak out over one or two memes making fun of people who have been spamming it non stop.
Almost as if BOTH positions are equally ridiculous and equally deserving of scorn.

Smash fans recognize there'a more than 2 genres challenge.

Smash fans actually step outside of your comfort zone and play more games challenge.
I've played though everything on the SNES Classic Edition, and that's ALL the genres there are!

So I guess to keep it honest: Aside from Crash and/or another Sonic character... who's left to add on the platforming side? Bubsy?
We counting action platformers? Cause if so, Ninja Gaiden, Ghosts 'n Goblins, Contra, Metal Slug, Shantae, Strider, Mystical Ninja, Bionic Commando...

I mean I won’t deny the DLC has easily skewed towards JRPG characters considering half of them are from the JRPG Genre.
It's almost like Smash is made in Japan and it's Japan's favorite genre or something...

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
To be fair SMT could show up on Sega's conference rather than Nintendo (unless the leaks specifically state it'll be on the Direct? I've been avoiding them)
I dunno, it's not just a Switch exclusive, it's also gotten direct funding from Nintendo, laat time this happened was Bayo 2 which got promoted by Nintendo with it's own Direct

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Next Bigley of the smash community
[Lovable Scrunko and Anime Sword]
As hilarious as I find this joke, I feel it falls apart when people say only one can be the next spot when there's still 2 characters in the pass left. Who's to say it's not like Banjo and Steve or Hard and Soft Tacos and we get both.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Smash speculation

One of the only things I can think of where people want something bad enough that they get bored and then don't want it.
To be fair, it's hard to want something without knowing what it is. I can't say I'm hyped for the next character reveal because I simply don't know who they are.

That's why you need exciting reveal trailers (or whatever Banjo's one was supposed to be).

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I dunno, it's not just a Switch exclusive, it's also gotten direct funding from Nintendo, laat time this happened was Bayo 2 which got promoted by Nintendo with it's own Direct
I hadn't thought about that, so yeah I'd expect SMT to be on the Nintendo showcase then.

Still it's a pretty unprecedented situation to have Sega host an E3 showcase and they gotta show something so who knows?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom