• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I hadn't thought about that, so yeah I'd expect SMT to be on the Nintendo showcase then.

Still it's a pretty unprecedented situation to have Sega host an E3 showcase and they gotta show something so who knows?
Their showcase isn't the typical kind we're used to, only Ubisoft, MS/Bethesda and Nintendo have them

Oh and SE

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Assuming one of the last two slots is another villain. Who do you guys think earns it the most?
Mmm...Nightmare.

Ninja Gaiden Master Collection comes out in 4 days. I don’t think he’s getting into Smash but it’d be cool if this was a success so that he could possibly get in in the future. And I really want a Ninja Gaiden 4. So yeah go buy this.
I won't, cause I hate the modern NG games, but hell yeah, Hayabusa 4 Smash!

With Ultimate coming to an end of its run. What characters do you guys felt we're screwed over but overall should have been in the game?
Hayabusa, Rizer, Kunio...I wanna say Arthur, but he at least got a Mii.

We shoulda got Decidueye instead of Incineroar. Shadow and Bass should have been Echoes. Porky shoulda been a boss instead of Galleom.

Blastoise is my brother’s favorite Pokémon and one of his top two most wanted Smash characters along with Battletoads. It’s kind of a shame seeing that it was considered at one point but Sakurai ended up going with Squirtle instead. I really doubt a stand-alone Blastoise has much of a chance at this point but I’d love for it to happen for his sake.
I would be beyond happy if standalone Charizard, Blastoise and Venusaur replaced Trainer.

I'm curious what your top possible AT upgrades would be since you mentioned that.
Zero, Alucard and Bomberman. Shadow and Black Knight to Echoes.

I know Chrono Trigger is a Legendry RPG game for people, But I'm thinking he gonna get alot of hate since I bet many people aren't gonna be familiar with him, and just see him as 2nd Hero with Katana.
Many people's reaction: "Super Saiyan God Goku?!"

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
To this day, are their names suppose to be mocking each other?
(Platformer fans whining at JRPG fans for having too many reps, I don't understand)
It is the devolution of different sides of the fanbase complaining about anime swordsman from RPGs and cereal mascots from platformers, culminating in these parodical manifestations of various characters.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
For you all, it's a theory.

For me it's a vision.

I've seen it in my DREAMS countless times across the years. It is a sign from YHVH itself yet to manifest in reality.

That or my obsessive mind subconciously creating wild fantasies as I fixate on the pure personal fanservice of a Demi-fiend and Dante dual reveal ft. Bayonetta in the trailer.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

For me it's a vision.

I've seen it in my DREAMS countless times across the years. It is a sign from YHVH itself yet to manifest in reality.

That or my obsessive mind subconciously creating wild fantasies as I fixate on the pure personal fanservice of a Demi-fiend and Dante dual reveal ft. Bayonetta in the trailer.
You'll get Dante and Demi-Fiend but only if you can clear YHVH's Universe in 5 minutes

Shroob

Sup?

For me it's a vision.

Idon gets Nocturne port

Idon gets SMTV out from vaporware hell

Idon gets SMTV's release date and plot synopsis leaked

Idon gets Dante x Demi Fiend dual reveal

He's a powerful man, and yet, despite all that power, he still couldn't get Lyn... was it worth it?

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
While I don't believe this 4chan PSO2 ARKS leak, but the other leak (also 4chan 🙃) says Matoi is in consideration is kinda growing in the Japanese speculation scene.
The leak itself isn't taken seriously of course but people are interested in the idea of PSO2 contents making the cut in Smash which sounds weirdly plausible since the series is so tied with Sakurai's personal history.
PSO2 is the money maker of SEGA today and PSO2:NGS is right around the corner, so it is kinda understandable it'll get chosen as the next SEGA rep over Puyo Puyo or Yakuza since both series has their issues to get in Smash.
Also, this.
Seems like this is the only verified official company account not directly involved with Smash Ultimate but still celebrated the release of it.
Remember, there was one team that also celebrated the heck out of it when Ultimate released even on their official streams multiple times despite not involved with it at all for some unknown reason?
Dragon Quest 😛

Shroob

Sup?
While I don't believe this 4chan PSO2 ARKS leak, but the other leak (also 4chan 🙃) says Matoi is in consideration is kinda growing in the Japanese speculation scene.
The leak itself isn't taken seriously of course but people are interested in the idea of PSO2 contents making the cut in Smash which sounds weirdly plausible since the series is so tied with Sakurai's personal history.
PSO2 is the money maker of SEGA today and PSO2:NGS is right around the corner, so it is kinda understandable it'll get chosen as the next SEGA rep over Puyo Puyo or Yakuza since both series has their issues to get in Smash.
Also, this.
Seems like this is the only verified official company account not directly involved with Smash Ultimate but still celebrated the release of it.
Remember, there was one team that also celebrated the heck out of it when Ultimate released even on their official streams multiple times despite not involved with it at all for some unknown reason?
Dragon Quest 😛
"Google, tell me who Matoi PSO2 is."

Google does its magic

"Ah, I see...... Booba."

I can't tell if this design is worse than pre-censorship Mythra or not, but yeah this would be 100% censored in the chance it somehow got in.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
"Google, tell me who Matoi PSO2 is."

Google does its magic

"Ah, I see...... Booba."

I can't tell if this design is worse than pre-censorship Mythra or not, but yeah this would be 100% censored in the chance it somehow got in.
The male androids look like robots while females look like waifus.

Shroob

Sup?
Wow, Matoi’s design is kind of hot garbage.
She looks like she could be a XB2 character that you just didn’t happen to roll.
She really does give me XB2 vibes lol. Like, aside from the "bad design" stuff, if you showed me this character and asked me to say what series they're from, I 100% would have told you "Oh, they're from Xenoblade." and I don't even know why, she just has that look to her.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Phantasy Star Online is one of those choices that would be a curveball to most of us but make sense in hindsight.

Though I've only ever played the Switch version of the original Sega Master System game so I'm not sure what big game play things they've added since that would contribute to a moveset.

Shroob

Sup?
Me seeing people surprised by the Design when this kind always was there in PSO since the dreamcast days.

Aha. Yeah. "Bad Design"-
What the hell is a Phantasy Star?

What the hell is a Dreamcast?

:4pacman:

I'm only half-joking tho. I never grew up with a Dreamcast, and despite having a ton of people in my Granblue guild yammer on and on about PSO2... I honestly have no real clue what it is. lol

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Wait till you see what the female CAST looks like here:
View attachment 318156
(I'm so gonna get probably warned by moderators for this and be banned again for warnings too many times)
Imagine next showing them how people customize their characters. ResetERA would probably have a meltdown if it happens, and just for that, I'd laugh and enjoy this.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
What the hell is a Phantasy Star?

What the hell is a Dreamcast?

:4pacman:

I'm only half-joking tho. I never grew up with a Dreamcast, and despite having a ton of people in my Granblue guild yammer on and on about PSO2... I honestly have no real clue what it is. lol
Phantasy Star is a series of RPGs by Sega which started out way back on the Master System. It was notable for combining fantasy and sci-fi settings. Phantasy Star Online is what the series evolved into and gave us this gem of a controller for the Gamecube version.

Shroob

Sup?
Humoring this for a moment.

Matoi's color scheme seems to be white and red.... which would pair up with Martin's color theory of the next color being a pinkish-red.... :dr^_^: Would need to be censored to hell and back though.

I also can't see this character being a solo-reveal at E3. Japan would be losing their ****, but literally everywhere else would be like "Who?".

Phantasy Star is a series of RPGs by Sega which started out way back on the Master System. It was notable for combining fantasy and sci-fi settings. Phantasy Star Online is what the series evolved into and gave us this gem of a controller for the Gamecube version.
Oh, that behemoth. I've seen that thing before. Never knew it was for a PSO game.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If Matoi gets into smash in any which way, chances are she'll either have one of her outfits modified or one of her tamer ones.

CERO has come down hard on panty shots in non-M games since Smash 4 and it's already happened to Mythra.

Shroob

Sup?
So like, is she important or....?

I'd ask "Why not the main character", but it seems like they're customizable characters, and this pass has kinda eschewed the notion of main characters getting priority.

So is she like, a side character? An NPC? What is she, and why would she be chosen to represent Phantasy Star?

Shroob

Sup?
Ya, this ****'s weird lol.

Maybe it's a mixture of Phantasy Star being a really unknown series to me, a bit of never having a Dreamcast back in the day, and just, well.... booba

But this is definitely right up there with "this is weird" territory for me.

Would definitely side-glance Sakurai though after he's done the whole "Nintendo chose the DLC!" and we somehow got 3 characters with their franchises closely tied to him.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
let’s be real here, how many people actually wanted zoroark instead of just being totally convinced that lucario was gonna be “replaced”

not to rag on zoroark, but I remember during the days of smash 4 speculation before that mega man trailer, zoroark was a muh relevance pick for sure
If we did get a Gen 5 Pokémon, Snivy would be my preference.

osby

Smash Obsessed
So like, is she important or....?

I'd ask "Why not the main character", but it seems like they're customizable characters, and this pass has kinda eschewed the notion of main characters getting priority.

So is she like, a side character? An NPC? What is she, and why would she be chosen to represent Phantasy Star?
She's the main heroine and the deuteragonist of PSO2, at least in the earlier chapters.

Ya, this ****'s weird lol.

Maybe it's a mixture of Phantasy Star being a really unknown series to me, a bit of never having a Dreamcast back in the day, and just, well.... booba

But this is definitely right up there with "this is weird" territory for me.

Would definitely side-glance Sakurai though after he's done the whole "Nintendo chose the DLC!" and we somehow got 3 characters with their franchises closely tied to him.
TBF, it's still a big series. It wouldn't be a weirder addition than say, Persona.

But it'd certainly be a weird way for us to get our first MMO character.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I mean, the moment we get PSO, we literally pass the mark where the only 'major" franchise that Sega did not put in smash would be Football Manager and Yakuza.

I let you guess why one of them is probably not possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom