• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I'm sorry if this comes off as rude
but to expand your knowledge a bit.
Joker prior to being in Smash has appeared in Persona 5, Persona 5 Dancing and Persona 3 Dancing and Persona Q2 (Japan)
After he got in Smash he appeared in Persona 5 Royal (if you wanna count that), Persona Q2 (Everywhere else) and Persona 5 Strikers.
Also was in a few other crossovers including being a costume in the SMT X FE crossover and Sonic Forces and being in Dragalia Lost and Puzzles and Dragons.
While its not as many games as Rayman or Doomguy he has been in more games than 1, ever.
Not Only that, it wasn't as if Persona 5 basically revived the JRPG genre to the public and pushed Persona itself making it Mainstream after a long and hard time for the genre, and Sega saying that Persona 5, not persona, but Persona 5 is one of their strongest IP.

Gnateb

Smash Journeyman
Pbrush seems to be credible, and when I asked them if there was any chance that Dark Souls II could be ported to the Switch, they said "supposedly yes, but nothing's confirmed yet". Better than an overt "no" for me, lol.

Shroob

Sup?
Pbrush seems to be credible, and when I asked them if there was any chance that Dark Souls II could be ported to the Switch, they said "supposedly yes, but nothing's confirmed yet". Better than an overt "no" for me, lol.
PracticalBrush is credible, I mean, considering they're basically leaking Directs almost word for word, it's hard to say they're not.

dream1ng

Smash Lord
I'm seeing this mini Doom vs FF argument that idr wanna get into myself haha

But it DID remind me of this.
Hope it enlightens y'all.
Though Dragon Quest and Doom weren't really the progenitors of the genre despite being highly influential, when id had earlier FPS games like Wolfenstein and series like Ultima and Wizardry predated and directly influenced Dragon Quest. You'll also run into a lot of contention on the "masterpiece" since I would guess even more people would consider games like Chrono Trigger and Half-Life masterpieces than Xenoblade and TF2.

The middle group seems about right, I suppose.

Sephirothorsomethingidk

Smash Apprentice
Could you ask them about any Tales ports by any chance? lmfao

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Decisions, decisions.

Joker.
I take Pokemon Colosseum/xD and Punch-out.

Still sad that the first Main entry on console, aka Switch of the biggest I.P on the planet, aka Sword and Shield looks and play like absolute dog**** compared to two spin-off games that does what it tried to do much better on gamecube.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Decisions, decisions.

Mother and F-Zero.

Sorry StarFox, but you're going to need some competent devs to come back first.

Last edited:

Gnateb

Smash Journeyman
Could you ask them about any Tales ports by any chance? lmfao
Surprisingly they're pretty responsive to comments on reddit. I don't want to push it, but tbh, I think you could just ask yourself

Here's the link:

lolhttps://www.reddit.com/user/PracticalBrush12/comments/mz89kb/am_alive_sorry/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Decisions, decisions.

Really hard to choose because I have a feeling any of these options will end up missing the point of the originals.

Like, I highly doubt a Strikers remake will actually emulate the artstyle and expressions that the originals had even though it was like 95% of the games' charm.

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Though Dragon Quest and Doom weren't really the progenitors of the genre despite being highly influential, when id had earlier FPS games like Wolfenstein and series like Ultima and Wizardry predated and directly influenced Dragon Quest. You'll also run into a lot of contention on the "masterpiece" since I would guess even more people would consider games like Chrono Trigger and Half-Life masterpieces than Xenoblade and TF2.

The middle group seems about right, I suppose.
Fair points.
Just clarifying, I didn't make that chart, though.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Decisions, decisions.

Golden Sun & F-Zero

I’d say Kid Icarus but according to Sakurai that’s like 1000x harder to develop than Smash deadass

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANYHOW

New game!

Let's say there's a new Bonus Fighter. No new music, no stage, no spirit board, just the character. Just like Piranha Plant.

BUT, let's add a twist! Let's say that this new character MUST be a character from of one of these three series:

Zelda

Donkey Kong

F-Zero

What would your three choices be, one for each series?

I'll start: Tetra, Funky Kong, and Bio-Rex
Ganon
Funky
Goroh

simple as

SKX31

Smash Master
My two cents on the matter is that iconicness will always be different across platforms, regions, age groups, and personal interests, so I've basically just given up on trying to measure it beyond "Are they iconic enough?" And in my case, my bar of entry is real darn low compared to everyone else's, so most of the time they are indeed iconic enough.
Case in point: Tencent's Honor of Kings, also known as Arena of Valor outside of China and effectively Tencent's mobile LoL.

It's absolutely iconic in China - it's the first game to reach 100 million daily players (according to Tencent) and has together with LoL itself pretty much ensured that the MOBA genre is in a pretty damn dominant position there. One of the reasons that Pokemon Unite saw cold reception amongst the Chinese hardcore was because it was yet another MOBA that Tencent (which the hardcore there also generally dislikes due to the rampant churning out) has a stake in. It's to the point one commenter noted:

“So many people are bashing the game, but they’ll still be good and play it when it’s out,” one Weibo user said.
“If they really don’t, Tencent wouldn’t be where it is now.”
(Why am I getting the same feeling with EA Sports / Activision...)

Here in the West the reception can be mostly summarized with "Literal who?".

Decisions, decisions.

F-Zero because that series could really use another game...

And Megaman's Soccer because I'm really curious and want to know how the **** Nintendo would tackle that game of all things.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

Alright. I think that might be enough Smashboards for tonight. :roll:

I guess I should just be glad that only one person tried answering Stoopid Unikorn's question, shouldn't I? :4pacman:
We thought we could escape the horniness of the internet by finding shelter in this refuge, only for the horny to follow us wherever we go. Truly, no place is sacred anymore, on these great wide web servers.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
We thought we could escape the horniness of the internet by finding shelter in this refuge, only for the horny to follow us whereever we go. Truely, no place is sacred anymore, on these great wide web servers.
Because no matter where we go, our minds always remain in the gutter. :4pacman:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Decisions, decisions.

Mother Trilogy remake and new Mother game. Easy.

But seriously, Mother Trilogy remake and...you know what? Let’s throw the other dormant original 12 franchise a bone too. Mother Trilogy remake and an F-ZERO game please. Though many of these series’ fans deserve a bone to be thrown their way...

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
So... ya'll... I have some bad news.

As of Tuesday May 25th, 2021 at 4:14pm EST; my math equations have unfortunately passed away. I have tried to redo them over and over to try and get consistent results, but to no avail.

View attachment 316487

There's still a 0.0000000000000000000000001% chance of a miracle, but... that's gonna take some pixie dust and sakurai himself most likely to bring it back.
May 25th, 2021. That was the day speculation died...
Decisions, decisions.

It's really hard to choose just 2 so instead I'll choose 2 franchises not to bring back, being Nintendogs and Mega Man Soccer. As far as I'm concerned this is the trolley problem, if I don't do anything I'm not to blame for the bad stuff.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Decisions, decisions.

Mother Trilogy and a new Kid Icarus are my choice. Then perhaps Mother 3 can finally rest.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I'm sorry if this comes off as rude
but to expand your knowledge a bit.
Joker prior to being in Smash has appeared in Persona 5, Persona 5 Dancing and Persona 3 Dancing and Persona Q2 (Japan)
After he got in Smash he appeared in Persona 5 Royal (if you wanna count that), Persona Q2 (Everywhere else) and Persona 5 Strikers.
Also was in a few other crossovers including being a costume in the SMT X FE crossover and Sonic Forces and being in Dragalia Lost and Puzzles and Dragons.
While its not as many games as Rayman or Doomguy he has been in more games than 1, ever.
I don't think you are not rude. We just have different tastes. What is Persona 5 Dancing? LOL.

7NATOR

Smash Master
The tournament event that is coming up is the 2nd to last one before E3. Perhaps this tournament will actually be of some interest

kylexv

Smash Master

This weekend's tournament celebrates the 35th anniversaries of five prolific franchises: Zelda, Metroid, Kid Icarus, Castlevania, and Dragon Quest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom