• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Honestly, I really like that Metroid Prime in general is being referenced.

So much spotlight is given to the original and Super that the rest of the series feels forgotten by comparison.
What dimension do you live in? Metroid Prime are some of the most revered games in the franchise and I see it talked about constantly.

Now if we are talking weirdly forgotten Metroid Games, Zero Mission and Metroid Prime: Hunters come to mind.

(Unless I woefully misunderstood what you were saying, then I apologize.)

Last edited:

Gnateb

Smash Journeyman
About the Sonic Central trailer, some people think that a very brief clip is of an unannounced game.

The file won't upload for some reason, but it's in the trailer "Unstoppable" at timecode 1:04.

Link: https://youtu.be/R_J-qZE77yA

I'm not entirely sure what I think. It could very well be the Sonic Colors remaster, but I have my doubts. Planet Wisp's trees are blue; the ones in this clip are green and semi-realistic. Basically, nobody can exactly pin down the source of the clip, as no one recognizes that environment at that level of graphical fidelity. What do you all think?

My guess is that it's just some kind of remade Sonic Colors intro. Trying to keep my expectations pretty reigned in. It could even already exist, but I don't recognize it.

Last edited:

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
In terms of underrated Metroid games, I think Fusion deserves more love. Its mostly seen as a worse more intrusive take on Supers gameplay, but the more innovative controls, unique bosses, and Samus having a speaking role that doesn’t suck really bump it up in my opinion.

Also, Prime Hunters could really use a remake. Its a pretty good game but being an FPS on the DS really dates it.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I will say, The Gameplay of Other M is actually pretty good. and Federation Force was also pretty decent, It reminds me a lot of Starfox Adventures, Nuts and bolts, and Hey Pikmin, Actually pretty okay games that people got angry about because they weren't like the mainline games.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Here's the mathematically approximated next color for Fighter 10! (Note: There's technically more than one color possible, I just haven't gotten around to showing them yet. But I will do so here soon.)

I finally worked out the kinks in my math stuff!

Double Note: Standard math description I usually do. As long as you don't think I'm Sakurai himself, your pretty much good to go.

What sort of Miracles are we talking about here?

They best not be of the Juggalo variety...
Well... Pink could be considered a Juggalo color. So... maybe?

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Here's the mathematically approximated next color for Fighter 10! (Note: There's technically more than one color possible, I just haven't gotten around to showing them yet. But I will do so here soon.)

Double Note: Standard math description I usually do. As long as you don't think I'm Sakurai yourself, your pretty much good to go.

Well...
Pink could be considered a Juggalo color. So... maybe?

SAKURA CONFIRM!1111

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112

Double Note: Standard math description I usually do. As long as you don't think I'm Sakurai himself, your pretty much good to go.

Well...

Eggbear killing time!

ZelDan

Smash Master

Well...
Oh **** yeah classic Kirby confirmed!

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Legitimate prediction based on this and your previous color math; maybe the Octolings? They could work as a non-echo, there's a lot of unused weapons, especially from Splatoon 2, for them to pull from.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion

Well...
Porky Minch. His main theme, the Pig Mask Army, is pink themed

->But he is in the Absolutely Safe Capsule!!!

ahem

porky ASC.jpg

SharkLord

Smash Hero
About the Sonic Central trailer, some people think that a very brief clip is of an unannounced game.

The file won't upload for some reason, but it's in the trailer "Unstoppable" at timecode 1:04.

Link: https://youtu.be/R_J-qZE77yA

I'm not entirely sure what I think. It could very well be the Sonic Colors remaster, but I have my doubts. Planet Wisp's trees are blue; the ones in this clip are green and semi-realistic. Basically, nobody can exactly pin down the source of the clip, as no one recognizes that environment at that level of graphical fidelity. What do you all think?

My guess is that it's just some kind of remade Sonic Colors intro. Trying to keep my expectations pretty reigned in. It could even already exist, but I don't recognize it.
I mean, they could change a few things between the originals and the remakes. I can't say I know what it's supposed to be when you take that into account.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I forgot how dreadful MMOs can be with cosmetics on market stores....

Saw an cosmetic I wanted, it was cheap, there were plenty of them, they weren't selling quickly based on the other days, it was today and only a few hours ago when I saw how cheap it was and how many there were, worked enough to buy one...................literally all but one are gone and it's 18 times the price it was earlier and how much I have....

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

You all thought our Sonic rep was Dr. Eggman... but it was her, Amy Rose:

1622006465366.png

Not pictured: Her hammer that will make Smash fans complain about her being a Dedede clone.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
What dimension do you live in? Metroid Prime are some of the most revered games in the franchise and I see it talked about constantly.

Now if we are talking weirdly forgotten Metroid Games, Zero Mission and Metroid Prime: Hunters come to mind.

(Unless I woefully misunderstood what you were saying, then I apologize.)
I mean Nintendo referencing it.

Nintendo likes to pretend games aside from the OG and Super don't exist.

Sephirothorsomethingidk

Smash Apprentice

Well... Pink could be considered a Juggalo color. So... maybe?
Do people actually think this means anything?

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Porky Minch. His main theme, the Pig Mask Army, is pink themed

->But he is in the Absolutely Safe Capsule!!!

ahem

View attachment 316551
I would LOVE Porky because of his move set potential being a mech fighter, but I always feel like asking for more Mother content in Smash is being greedy considering it's one of the best represented series. Still, it wouldn't be hard at all to make a Porky move set, the only problem I see is that scaling him down might feel more awkward and noticeable, the way people thought Ridley would be.

SnowClaws

Smash Apprentice

Well...
Hmm, so the color is still pink, eh, and there was a talk of a supposed Thirst theory. Alright, I got the right pink character for this combination.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514

Well...
I TOLD YALL HE'S COMING
SSBU_spirit_Sukapon.png

Jerry98

Smash Journeyman
Well, some of them deservedly so.

A man in military fatigues, a blonde woman with a headset along with a green jacket and a brown shirt, and a woman in a powered suit with a helmet and rounded shoulders, in front of a starry backdrop where a large space station floats.

Metroid Prime: Federation Force for Nintendo 3DS - Nintendo Game Details
I played Federation Force recently. Call me stupid, but for what its purpose is I don't think it's a bad game.
Clearly it's one of the worst games in the franchise, but it's just a mission-based multiplayer game with a Metroid feeling and it's kinda entertaining if played with other people. Then I think we can all agree that it was release in the worst moment possible for Metroid, but it's still part of the series and Prime 4 will probably be based on the events of Federation Force.

Now let's talk about Other M: I think it's a decent game overall and a mediocre Metroid game. Still, I believe it receives too much undeserved hate.
I won't discuss the gameplay, but the story has two main problems:
1) It focuses more on a character's psychology, behaviour and relationship with other characters rather than the actual events and it is written by Japanese for Japanese. We know that Japanese people sometimes, in some situations, behave in a way that we westerners perceive as a "weird" and not always we are able to understand it.
2) The game has literally been massacred outside Japan by the localization team. There are a lot of missing or modified elements that mess up characters, dialogues, the worldbuilding and more.
I highly recommend watching this video, where a guy fluent in Japanese language analyzed the game's dialogues and pointed out the most important differences between the Japanese version and all the others. Maybe it won't change your mind about the game, but hopefully it will at least make you aware that the story you experienced is only partially the actual story and that a bad localization and translation can completely change the perception of a game.
With that in mind Other M doesn't magically become an amazing game of course, but a lot of unclear points are now explained and it is definitely improved, overall. I hope that someone felt the same after watching this video essay.

In the end, I don't think a bad Metroid game exists. Some are amazing, some are good, some are mediocre, but there aren't bad games in the franchise.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom