• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112

Edit: :ultgreninja:'d

Anyways, I think this is pretty much a solid enough confirmation that those five franchises won't have characters as the last two DLC packs.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
The only thing I will say is that, unless we somehow get 3 full weeks of tourneys (Including this week), it's confirmed that at least 1 of 2 Prominent Tourneys that have still been absent from the game, will come AFTER E3

-2010's Tournament
-Swordfighter Tourney

Take this as you will, but it does seem to suggest that (especially if we get 2 reveals at E3), that 1 or 2 of the last 2 Fighters have aspects of being a Swordfighter, from the 2010's, or both

cashregister9

Smash Hero
The only thing I will say is that, unless we somehow get 3 full weeks of tourneys (Including this week), it's confirmed that at least 1 of 2 Prominent Tourneys that have still been absent from the game, will come AFTER E3

-2010's Tournament
-Swordfighter Tourney

Take this as you will, but it does seem to suggest that (especially if we get 2 reveals at E3), that 1 or 2 of the last 2 Fighters have aspects of being a Swordfighter, from the 2010's, or both
Rean Time

Gnateb

Smash Journeyman
Spam. Let's avoid Image Only posts/replies.

-2010's Tournament
-Swordfighter Tourney

43592b4d856700c8c32296c30bd280c7.jpg

Gengar84

Smash Hero

-2010's Tournament
-Swordfighter Tourney

I think we could use a character voiced by Crispin Freeman in Smash and there just so happens to be a JRPG swordsman that fits that bill.
1621993022056.jpeg

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
That's weird, I think of Newgrounds and Pico's School...
Same Pico.

I mean, why does it matter if Persona is "More of a Playstation title than Nintendo title"?
It doesn't. Because Persona is still a MegaTen game. And MegaTen has a long history on Nintendo systems.

Wait... Tiffany Treadmore, That is Hotgirlvideos69.

I think we can disregard this. the Bio does not give me confidence.
I mean, logically, yes.

On the other hand, that's a thing I want. So it's definitely legit.

Decisions, decisions.

Punch-Out and Kid Icarus.

Obviously five years off (30 vs 35), but the tournament announcement reminded me of this lol.

Oh man...now I want some Lemmings in Smash...

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
Decisions, decisions.

i have it narrowed down to Kid Icarus, Star Fox, and Mother, but eliminating any of those hurts ;-;

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

-2010's Tournament
-Swordfighter Tourney

This is where the Lloyd Mii comes in.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

-2010's Tournament
-Swordfighter Tourney

What about an all girls tourney?

Gnateb

Smash Journeyman
Why did I just get spam warned for posting an image of Siegmeyer of Catarina

dream1ng

Smash Lord

This weekend's tournament celebrates the 35th anniversaries of five prolific franchises: Zelda, Metroid, Kid Icarus, Castlevania, and Dragon Quest
1986 was a real banger.

7NATOR

Smash Master
What about an all girls tourney?
Yeah that's something too. I believe Sakurai wrote the Script for Kid Icarus Uprising, so he's the one that made the "Super Bash Sisters". I guess a Female only character tourney is in the Cards

I actually have Character(s) in mind that actually fits 2010's, Swordfighter, and Girl Tourney, as well as Fire Tourney (for Shroob's Fire Theory). It's apart of my theory that I never got into actually making. I think with that theory I'll just let the evidence speak for itself, since I think the evidence is substansial enough

rychu_supadude

Smash Journeyman
Decisions, decisions.

I'd trade them all for Rhythm Heaven

Since Wargroove already exists, I'll back Kid Icarus and Golden Sun. Mother can settle for being ported.

Ivander

Smash Legend

This weekend's tournament celebrates the 35th anniversaries of five prolific franchises: Zelda, Metroid, Kid Icarus, Castlevania, and Dragon Quest
Poor Takamaru. Missing out on the 35th Birthday due to being an Assist Trophy...and F for Goemon and Kunio-kun/Renegade.

kylexv

Smash Master
Pic of the Day:

Metroid Prime 2 released in Japan 16 years ago today. Sakurai also notes that the game's subtitle, "echoes" is appropriate to Dark Samus, as she is an echo fighter of Samus. He also notes that Echo Fighters are called "Dash Fighters" in Japan.

Last edited:

rychu_supadude

Smash Journeyman
Yeah that's something too. I believe Sakurai wrote the Script for Kid Icarus Uprising, so he's the one that made the "Super Bash Sisters". I guess a Female only character tourney is in the Cards

I actually have Character(s) in mind that actually fits 2010's, Swordfighter, and Girl Tourney, as well as Fire Tourney (for Shroob's Fire Theory). It's apart of my theory that I never got into actually making. I think with that theory I'll just let the evidence speak for itself, since I think the evidence is substansial enough
How would an all-female tourney deal with the characters that have male alt skins? That might be why they haven't done it. Half the female cast is tied up in that

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
How would an all-female tourney deal with the characters that have male alt skins? That might be why they haven't done it. Half the female cast is tied up in that
One thing that has been done in previous tourneys where one or two of the Trainer’s Pokémon fits the description but not the others is exclude the character entirely since all of them wouldn’t fit the description.

I’m not sure if a similar thing would happen here, but I guess that’s one possible solution... even though it would exclude a ton of female fighters (especially since this is alt costumes and not the Trainer mechanic).

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Decisions, decisions.

For the record, I'd give anything to see EVERY SINGLE ONE of these IPs get SOMETHING, I don't care what it is. That said, since no one seems to be giving it some love, I'm going to go with Pilotwings.

Nintendo can take my wallet if they give me a new PW game with the PW64 cast.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Pic of the Day:

Metroid Prime 2 released in Japan 16 years ago today. Sakurai also notes that the game's subtitle, "echoes" is appropriate to Dark Samus, as she is an echo fighter of Samus. He also notes that Echo Fighters are called "Dash Fighters" in Japan.
Honestly, I really like that Metroid Prime in general is being referenced.

So much spotlight is given to the original and Super that the rest of the series feels forgotten by comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom