• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I mean we don't need an OW rep lol. I'd gladly take one, though.
And Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura , Jeff Kaplan (before he left Blizzard) said he'd be fine with ANY OW Character, but I'd assume they'd still go for Tracer.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
November 19th is exactly what I expected.

But January 28th for Legends: Arceus is too soon imho. I hope they're able to polish the games and fix the technical problems they showed in the trailer before the release date. Maybe Moloith Soft or some other team can help them
Or better yet, just give Monolith Soft the rights to make their own Pokémon games. Game Freak has been really disappointing me lately with the lack of effort they’ve been putting into the series lately and their PR is terrible.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
We did.
The game comes out November 19th.
The funny thing is that I do think Game Freak listened to criticism with this game, but listened way too hard. People disliked Let's Go and it's new features? Let's make the Diamond and Pearl remakes 1-to-1!

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The funny thing is that I do think Game Freak listened to criticism with this game, but listened way too hard. People disliked Let's Go and it's new features? Let's make the Diamond and Pearl remakes 1-to-1!
That's just what Game Freak does. Zoroark didn't catch on because it was too hard to acquire? Let's give players a free Zorua in BW2!

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Was expecting Mid-February at the earliest for Legends Arceus

They've mentioned Tracer as the "obvious" choice but someone (probably Kaplan before his departure) stated someone like Doomfist would probably be the more logical choice, and he's pretty much a fighting game character in a shooter
Yeah he actually has a spray that's just the Dragon Punch motion

That's just what Game Freak does. Zoroark didn't catch on because it was too hard to acquire? Let's give players a free Zorua in BW2!
Except making Zorua a free giveaway was actually a great idea to make up for how inaccessible Zoroark was.
They should have just skipped the whole event part and given a free Zorua out from the start though, then Zoroark might have actually caught on

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I'd rather have Tracer than Doomfist. Not that he's not cool, but Tracer seems more fun and interesting to implement in Smash than him, IMO.

And I've played as Doomfist more than Tracer when I played Overwatch a few years ago.

If we are talking about lesser appreciated Metroid games, my favorite to this day is still Metroid Zero Mission. It's also the first game that comes to mind whenever I think of what an ideal game remake should be like.
Zero Mission is definitely a perfect remake. To be honest, I don't think I can't find any flaws in that game, or at least not major flaws. Super fun to play, looks gorgeous, great soundtrack, and the new content at the end works perfectly.

In terms of underrated Metroid games, I think Fusion deserves more love. Its mostly seen as a worse more intrusive take on Supers gameplay, but the more innovative controls, unique bosses, and Samus having a speaking role that doesn’t suck really bump it up in my opinion.

Also, Prime Hunters could really use a remake. Its a pretty good game but being an FPS on the DS really dates it.
Fusion is my favorite 2D Metroid game, so I agree with you. Similarly to Zero Mission, the game was a bit more linear in terms of showing the player where he had to go, but the player still had to figure out how to reach the destination.

I think the game does a great blend of the classic Metroid experience and being more narrative driven than previous entries. My fear with a potential sequel is them wanting to play it safe after what happened with Other M and doing another game with a very basic plot/narrative, when Fusion proved it was possible to maintain the Metroid formula, at least in 2D, with some interesting story stuff.

Same with the Fusion suit. It looks so good, but I'm already kinda expecting them to somehow go back to the classic suit even if that isn't possible, at least according to Fusion's events.

In other words, both Zero Mission and Fusion deserve more love. Super Metroid is obviously a masterpiece that I love and it's understandable that the game usually receives the spotlight because of how influential it was, but I kinda prefer Zero Mission and Fusion, to be honest.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
If a Switch Pro does come out this upcoming holiday season both Pokemon Shining Pearl and Pokemon Legends: Arceus are definitely the 1st games I wanna break into that system other than Super Smash Bros.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I'm STILL waiting for them to give out Meltan and Melmetal in something that isn't GO!

My Living Dex is incomplete...and it haunts me...

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion
Here's the mathematically approximated next color for Fighter 10! (Note: There's technically more than one color possible, I just haven't gotten around to showing them yet. But I will do so here soon.)

I finally worked out the kinks in my math stuff!

Double Note: Standard math description I usually do. As long as you don't think I'm Sakurai himself, your pretty much good to go.

Well...
Pink could be considered a Juggalo color. So... maybe?
Astolfo confirmed? :4pacman:

But seriously, I think Smash could use a [male] crossdresser fighter (not counting Link or Cloud because their lady clothes aren't in the game).

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Astolfo confirmed? :4pacman:

But seriously, I think Smash could use a [male] crossdresser fighter (not counting Link or Cloud because their lady clothes aren't in the game).
Well I was saying I wanted a Chrono Trigger character but this isn’t quite what I had in mind.
1622040264361.png

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Here's the mathematically approximated next color for Fighter 10! (Note: There's technically more than one color possible, I just haven't gotten around to showing them yet. But I will do so here soon.)

I finally worked out the kinks in my math stuff!

Double Note: Standard math description I usually do. As long as you don't think I'm Sakurai himself, your pretty much good to go.

Well...
Pink could be considered a Juggalo color. So... maybe?
OK, so you were pretty close with Pythra but got the hue wrong, so it could conceivably be red... a red soul. Frisk confirmed :4pacman: .

Well, half a pac man.

D

Deleted member

Bidoof is finally getting the respect it deserves.

Imagine telling someone "the next non-remake, mainline Pokemon game's boxart will feature Bidoof on the cover" four months ago and being right.
Will I mean, yeah, if you word it like that, then of course nobody would believe it. Bidoof isn't so much 'featured' (implying he's the focus of the cover art) as he is simply apart of it.

That's like showing this picture and saying its a bounty featuring Usopp

Last edited by a moderator:

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
If a Switch Pro does come out this upcoming holiday season both Pokemon Shining Pearl and Pokemon Legends: Arceus are definitely the 1st games I wanna break into that system other than Super Smash Bros.
for me it's Legends and, gods willing, Breath of the Sequel

i have my doubts about BDSP adding any new content; a modern port with some QoL cleanup has me interested, but not excited. Legends, though? i haven't been this eager for a pokemon game in around 10 years! the setting is exciting, the gameplay seems new and interesting, and to top it all off the three starters are my favorites of their respective types (or rather it's a tie for first place in all three cases)

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Why can't you get Go? Everybody has it these days.
Even with Go the process to get Meltan still sucks.
You need to transfer with Lets Go so you get a mystery box so you can spawn a few Meltans for a short while.
So you have some Meltan (assuming the ****ty catch system lets you get one).
You send one off to Let's Go (and do the whole process to get it in Sw/Sh which is another set of unnecessary bull****) because you want an individual Meltan.
Now you need Melmetal.

Here's the problem.
You need 400 Meltan Candy to evolve Melmetal in Go.
That's tons of catching and sending off which requires that box and a ton of walking that doesn't always register properly.
Now repeat the process to get it into the main games.

It's a painfully unnecessary grind for Melmetal

Technomage

Smash Champion
Tracer sounds good on paper, but then you think of the wifi implications with a character that blinks around and rewinds times and... ew.

Also I made this
Plus, I remember seeing a video where the author says he doesn't want Tracer in Smash due to thinking she'd be extremely broken due to her time powers; would she be broken?

This is the video in question (Tracer's part starts at 8:22):

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Watch our E3 fighter be revealed to be Demi-Fiend.

A character no one would have expected to see coming yet get lots of excitement.

I dunno why too. I have a gut feeling of this potentially happening...Basically a Joker situation.

Last edited:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master

A character no one would have expected to see coming yet get lots of excitement.

I dunno why too. I have a gut feeling of this potentially happening...Basically a Joker situation.
Even better, a double reveal of Demi-Fiend and Dante, because Dante had a cameo appearance in SMT 3. It would also fit the idea of a trailer with both Galeem and Dharkon in it (Like how Hero only had Dharkon while Sephiroth only had Galeem)

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I'm usually very pessimistic about Pokemon games. But I gotta say I'm actually more optimistic about these DP remakes. They're taking an approach that is borderline impossible to screw up, and it helps that it's a different studio with the impressive rap sheet of "Made some good games and also didn't make SwSh". It's gonna be a pair of really solid remakes, and I'm looking forward to it.
Similarly, I'm pleasantly surprised by New Pokemon Snap. Why? Because it's... just a new Pokemon Snap. They didn't bungle it for the sake of "innovation" or whatever. More of this mindset going forward, please.

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion
May 25th, 2021. That was the day speculation died...

It's really hard to choose just 2 so instead I'll choose 2 franchises not to bring back, being Nintendogs and Mega Man Soccer. As far as I'm concerned this is the trolley problem, if I don't do anything I'm not to blame for the bad stuff.
I'd pick Star Fox and Wario Land to bring back.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
It's really hard to choose just 2 so instead I'll choose 2 franchises not to bring back, being Nintendogs and Mega Man Soccer. As far as I'm concerned this is the trolley problem, if I don't do anything I'm not to blame for the bad stuff.
Of THOSE franchises, if I had to pick to to NOT bring back, it'd be Nintendogs and Pilotwings. Nintendogs because I think it's whole novelty was the Nintendo DS touch screen, and even the 3DS + Cats version didn't seem to quite pick up the same hype as the original. The fad is over, leave it be. Pilotwings because I think much of what it offers is now better served as part of a wider mini-game compilation. Even the newest Pilotwings just made it a Mii game, so like... might as well just have the same activities but as part of a product with a bigger name, like Mario Party or "Mario and Sonic do some thing in some country" or whatever.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

You sure about that? He's a JRPG protagonist.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Speaking of Doomfist from Overwatch...

feast your eyes on this absolute unit:

I've never played Overwatch, but "Doomfist" sounds like it should be a name invented by Rob Liefeld or something. Now we just need a stupid amount of muscles and WAY TOO MANY POUCHES strapped onto your arms and thighs. Obscure the feet tho.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
If we get a Joker-like situation for one of these last two characters (a character from a game that's well-regarded, but not one that you'd expect to be in Smash for one reason or another), who do you think we could get?

My guess would be 2B from Nier Automata.

Much like Persona 5, it's a highly praised game that came out recently, and even though it hasn't been on Nintendo platforms (at least, I don't think it has - not sure if characters from Nier Automata have appeared as part of an event or DLC for some Square-Enix game), she seems like the sort of character that Sakurai might include regardless of that. I figure that, if need be, her design could be altered slightly like Pyra and Mythra's designs were (it seems like it would just take some leggings that go from her boots to her leotard), and even if she was limited to two types of weapons, there'd still be a ton of attacks, movement options, specials, etc. to work with. (plus, having an immediately-recognizable design/art style seems like it would help)

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If we get a Joker-like situation for one of these last two characters (a character from a game that's well-regarded, but not one that you'd expect to be in Smash for one reason or another), who do you think we could get?

My guess would be 2B from Nier Automata.

Much like Persona 5, it's a highly praised game that came out recently, and even though it hasn't been on Nintendo platforms (at least, I don't think it has - not sure if characters from Nier Automata have appeared as part of an event or DLC for some Square-Enix game), she seems like the sort of character that Sakurai might include regardless of that. I figure that, if need be, her design could be altered slightly like Pyra and Mythra's designs were, and even if she was limited to two types of weapons, there'd still be a ton of attacks, movement options, specials, etc. to work with. (plus, having an immediately-recognizable design/art style seems like it would help)
If only...

I honestly don't expect her at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom