• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Characters potentially being slept on as an E3 reveal.

Chosen Undead
Demi-Fiend
Dovahkiin
League of Legends character
Reimu

Anyone else?
Axel Stone is hella slept on. That Mr X Nightmare DLC hasn't shown up since Max Thunder's reveal and I'm wondering what's going on with it. He gets chucked around every so often but no one takes Streets of Rage seriously.

And of course I gotta add Sgt. Cortez. While the new game hasn't started yet, the fact that the rights to the series and hiring the old staff happened during the Fighter Passes has got me wondering if he is part of the Fighters Pass himself. Plus everyone keeps saying that the tail end of these passes will be more low key so...

Time to Split!

I'm ready to go compressed.gif

Ivander

Smash Legend
Characters potentially being slept on as an E3 reveal.

Chosen Undead
Demi-Fiend
Dovahkiin
League of Legends character
Reimu

Anyone else?
-Maybe Gordon Freeman?
-Possibly a Phantasy Star character?

I'm thinking those two cause didn't someone mention that Sakurai supposedly commented on Half-Life and how Nintendo-like it was and Sakurai does have history with Phantasy Star with him winning that contest regarding Phantasy Star II. And both Half-Life and Phantasy Star have been getting attention lately, with Half-Life Alyx releasing and Phantasy Star Online 2 coming to the West and New Genesis coming out for both Japan and the West.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Anyway, my final prediction:

Smash will have their Final Ultimate Presentation at E3;

CP10 - Reimu Hakurei
CP11 - League of Legends character (betting either Ahri or Jinx)
One more bonus individual DLC - Octoling (semi clone of Inkling) free for a limited time if you bought both passes
I honestly have no clue what we’re going to get but if I had to make a guess, I’d probably go with Dixie Kong and Diablo.

I have no issues at all with a League of Legends character getting into Smash but it just feels wrong to me to get one before Blizzard seeing as it was their games that inspired the whole MOBA genre.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I’m feeling Reimu, Octoling or maybe even Ahri
To be fair, I think pink would fit more with someone like Jinx when it comes to League.

I can actually legit see that happening, LoL is a show stealer at E3 and this combo can break the internet even harder than Steve
Not to mention that Riot and League are some of the few companies/series I can see going for a similar thing from DQ.

Evelynn: Harder? Okay. :smirk:
Rie please. We just got out of Horny Jail. :facepalm:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
not immediately related to smash but STOP THE PRESSES
RCS IS BACK AS SONIC BABY

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Aside from the fact 39 of the 40 Sm4sh Miis have returned.
Yes, that's why most people, me included, believe he will return as a Mii costume.
Although I'm pretty sure we are still missing a lot of non-third-party mii costumes (including obviously the red shell hat) from Smash 4.

This might age well.
Just saying.

y o u n e v e r k n o w
For all we know there are already walking sharks on land, it's just that no one ever survived the encounter.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
And 4 of those technically got upgraded, and some were already of playable fighters to begin with. But eh idc I won't argue
Yes but those were Base game newcomers.

For DLC so far none has yet to come and being this late into the game since we're near the end of this run, I just don't see it.

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
You don't realize how stingy and hard it is to work with Sony do you?
I'm aware they're not fans of cross play, and can be a bit stingy. But so was SE and Konami.

Then again: (not really crossplay but still)

And yes, I still think getting the Kratos and Aloy Fortnite Skins on the Switch is a big deal.
If we get a Samus skin and it's not Nintendo exclusive, we hit jackpot.

SKX31

Smash Master
Back to LoL for a sec, it’s worth noting Tencent owns Riot (the LoL devs) AND Tencent struck a deal with Nintendo to distribute the Switch officially in China. They may want their subsidiary to have a spot in Smash as a favor

of course idk how long ago that deal was struck, if it was in time for the finalizing of FP2
I've been eyeing Tencent for a while (since I get the impression that both Nintendo and Tencent are looking at the long haul with their cooperation). The timeline so far's been:

• 2017: Tencent publishes Arena of Valor on the Switch. Earliest possible point I can think of that the two start to talk with each other. Tencent had high hopes for AoV on the Switch, which of course didn't pan out. But evidently that wasn't the end.
  • November 2018: The Switch trademark first surfaces in China's trademark office.
  • April 2019: Tencent and Nintendo confirm that Tencent will distribute the Switch officially in mainland China.
  • June / July 2019: Tencent lists jobs for a game they're working on with TPC - which one year later turns out to be Pokemon Unite.
  • December 2019: The Chinese Switch is released (with a short presentation that highlights the studios involved) - it starts off really slowly because NSMBU was the only approved and released title for 3 months, but the Chinese Switch got going once RFA and other games started getting approved, with 1 million sold by Jaunary 2021. The Chinese Switch is still hampered by the fact that BotW and many other games are not yet approved - so a lot of people turn to imported Switches and imported copies of games instead.

So yeah, the timeline's kinda tight but feasible honestly.

About the MOBA genre though,

sure Blizzard started it.

But with LoL?
That game REVOLUTIONIZED ESports.
Grumbles in "The game's rivalry with Dota 2 is what got the ball rolling - and Riot started to push for more when they saw what Valve was doing." :roll:

We're more likely to see sharks evolving and moving onto land then we'll ever see a Sony rep in Smash lol.
For all we know there are already walking sharks on land, it's just that no one ever survived the encounter.
FTR there are living sharks that walk on land (briefly).

Sony character confirmed. :4pacman:

Last edited:

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
OMG YES!! (i'm not sorry)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm aware they're not fans of cross play, and can be a bit stingy. But so was SE and Konami.

Then again: (not really crossplay but still)

And yes, I still think getting the Kratos and Aloy Fortnite Skins on the Switch is a big deal.
If we get a Samus skin and it's not Nintendo exclusive, we hit jackpot.
Square and Konami are nowhere close to being like Sony in terms of stinginess. Not even.

Regardless of that baseball game and Fortnite, a Sony character in Smash is still extremely unlikely.

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
If all the fighters are planned out for the specific challenger pack, why, WHY, WOULD THEY SAVE LLOYD FOR LAST 😭😭😭
If all third-party mii costumes return, eventually one of these have to be kept last.
For example, if Heihachi hasn't been released yet, or Gil, would the situation be any different? Would they be more speculated about?
At least they didn't keep Geno for last, imagine the speculation scene.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If all the fighters are planned out for the specific challenger pack, why, WHY, WOULD THEY SAVE LLOYD FOR LAST 😭😭😭
You mean Miis right?

probably timing, probably advertisement purposes. I feel like Pyra/Mythra’s wave WOULD have had Lloyd, but MHR was around the corner and Capcom wanted Nintendo to advertise it so they made all the costumes MH ones

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
Whoa, okay.

...I have no idea how to react to this. To be honest, I was kind of excited to see what a new Sonic actor would be like. Not to put any disrespect on RCS - his portrayal of Sonic is fine and really brings the character's attitude to the forefront.

Also, what even happened? Did they just, like, change their minds?

Sephirothorsomethingidk

Smash Apprentice
If all third-party mii costumes return, eventually one of these have to be kept last.
For example, if Heihachi hasn't been released yet, or Gil, would the situation be any different? Would they be more speculated about?
At least they didn't keep Geno for last, imagine the speculation scene.
But I imagine they planned when each mii would return. Why would Lloyd be last :(

SharkLord

Smash Hero
You also realize COVID screwed up with the schedule right otherwise we certainly would have gotten Steve revealed in last year's E3 alongside Min Min.
I don't see how that would affect the Miis. They'd be revealed in the fighter's Sakurai Presents, not at E3, so as far as we know the Miis weren't changed at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom