• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Pick 3 fighting game characters that you would want smash and why
1. Ryu Hayabusa [Dead Or Alive] - Ahhhh, see what I did there?
2. Morrigan [Darkstalkers] - The quintessential crossover character.
3. Nightmare [SoulCalibur] - Namco deserves another rep, and he's both a badass villain and series mascot.

Edit: Woo! 5000th post!

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Nah, it's definitely symbolic. The scene kinda gives off a vibe of Ethan being worried about his daughter's future, considering you know, she's basically a monster, and what could become of her, see, big, mutant baby monster.

But yeah, the issue for me is... I dunno if you've ever played it with Japanese voices, but Japanese Angie is just..... funny. Her voice makes me laugh soo damn hard that any tension of the prior scene just kinda washes away.
It didn't really give me that vibe. The only time Mia shows any worry about Rose is at the beginning part whereas the rest of the stuff I felt implied that the issue may not have been with Rose, but with Ethan. Like aside from the beginning, the rest of Mia's dialogue was very vague since it was not directly mentioning anyone and it didn't feel like it was talking about Rose and it reminded me of that one scene where Mia said, "We matter! You! Matter!" Even when knowing that Rose was being checked on by the BSAA for fungal and mold, I felt like if Rose had the issue, it would've been more direct that it was Rose.
And the baby didn't really feel symbolic either. Like it just looked like a very messed-up version of Rose, but it never gave me the implication of Rose possibly becoming a monster(compared to a couple later scenes). It just looked more like Donna deliberately made a twisted version of Rose and remembering the bit that Angie said, made me think that Donna viewed Rose as an abomination taking away Mother Miranda's attention.

And no I haven't heard the JP version of Angie. But I feel the take away from the scene was that since it went back to a focus on the dolls and Angie, it may have felt a bit out of place because the majority of it felt like Silent Hill and going back to the dolls and Angie made it go back to Resident Evil mixed in with something like Little Nightmares.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Yall better watch my hee-homeboy's video about the Demi-fiend in Smash who is 1000% guaranteed to be the E3 Smash reveal.

Oh boy, it's time for a content dump. Here's the new video:

And here's the concepts I came up with for moveset and aesthetics:

DEMI-FIEND SMASH CONTENT.

Art provided by SOBUNOAIYU.
Demi-fiend’s Neutral Special will be Focus. In the games, this move allows Demi-fiend to charge up his next physical attack to do 2.5 times its normal damage, and that’s exactly what it will do here. He cracks his knuckles and powers up his next attack.

Whenever Demi-fiend is buffed, there will be an Up Arrow on his UI to signal to other fighters that they should be wary of his next blow.
Demi-fiend’s Down Special follows this up with the inverse, War Cry, a move that decreases the enemy’s attack two-fold; to a fourth of what it should be. Demi-fiend will let out a guttural roar and anyone within its vicinity will have their power level drastically decreased for 10 seconds.

This will not affect their knockback potential, only lowering the percentage of damage they do. Just like with Focus, enemies stricken with this effect will have a Down Arrow on their UI.

This attack has no effect on already-debuffed opponents.
To balance out the usage of these moves, Demi-fiend will have Magatamas representing their remaining usages.

Each status move uses one icon, but they can be regained one-by-one through KO-ing opponents, and they refresh after being KO’d yourself. Additionally, any icons not used during a stock will carry over to the next, with a maximum of eight.
Carried-over stocks will be represented by a screaming Magatama, based on the variant of the Magatama briefly shown when using a strong attack in Nocturne, with a maximum of eight.

Using them will revert them to normal.
When Demi-fiend has no Press Turn icons, his specials change. This brings us into the next facet of Demi-Fiend’s moveset: demon summoning. Demi-fiend can summon demons and act independently from them after his summoning animation ends.
Demi-fiend’s Press Turn-less Neutral Special has him summon Pixie to perform Zio. It has very little impact and mostly functions as a tool to allow Demi-fiend to close the gap between him and his foe.
The corresponding Down Special has Cu Chulainn enter the battle, performing a Force maneuver through his lance to create a gust of air, blowing foes away. It can make for a funny edgeguarding tool, as well.
The remaining specials are the same regardless of Press Turn icons.
The Side Special is Jack Frost. Hee is summoned to let loose Bufu, a projectile ice attack that slides across the ground similar to the Ice Climbers’ Side Special, ho.

As an extra detail, Jack will ride on Demi-fiend’s shoulder while he is airborne, as you wouldn’t let your Hee Homeboy fall to their demise. Not alone, at least.
Jack-o’Lantern will carry Demi-fiend back to the stage before departing to the skies.

On the ground, he will instead use Agi behind Demi-fiend.
All four demon specials cover the basic elements in SMT.
Demi-fiend will have two Final Smashes, one for close distance and one for long distance. When Demi-fiend is up close and personal, he will unleash Gaea Rage, causing the earth to crack beneath him, magma erupting through them. This move will instantly KO any enemy at 100% damage or above.

When there is a sizeable gap between Demi-fiend and his foe, he will use Freikugel letting loose a massive beam from his corneas that covers the entire distance between him and the blast zone.

Final Smash art provided by SOBUNOAIYU.
The full moveset is already written out and planned, I just need to make the remaining graphics for it. If I end up doing a moveset video I'll have to draw a few more moves, so I might end up deciding against doing that because this was a real undertaking.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Oh totally. I'm watching quite a few Clayfighter vids right now, so it's an obsession right now.
Okay then!

A character from the ClayFighter games, Bad Mr. Frosty is a a snowman who was mutated by the impact of a clay-ish meteor, and one known for his bad temper. With that, Bad Mr. Frosty attacks with punches and kicks as well as icicles, snowballs, ice smashes and other ice attacks. For his special moves, they are slow, but he has two of each, with the second move happening if the player presses the B button twice as the first move is beginning to be done. HIs special moves are...

B: Frozen Fist or Snowball: Bad Mr. Frosty charges up a punch, and upon the player letting go of the button, the snowman does a big punch that does ice based damage. Pressing B twice will cancel the move and cause the snowman to throw a snowball that hits with the same intensity when charged.

B Side: Ice Breath or Ice Smash: Bad Mr. Frosty breathes an ice cloud that can freeze opponents. Pressing B twice cancels the move and has Bad Mr. Frosty smash his opponent with ice.

B Up: Ice Pick Uppercut or Blizzard Kick: Bad Mr. Frosty jumps into the air, swinging his arm which is in the form of an ice pick, which does sharp damage. Pressing B twice will cause Bad Mr. Frosty to do a spinning snow based kick upward instead.

B Down: Foot Stamp or Rising Ice: Bad Mr. Frosty stomps his foot, causing damage and burying his opponent. Pressing B twice cancels the move and causes Bad Mr. Frosty to cause ice to rise from the ground, dealing ice based damage.

Final Smash: Super Claytality Move: With the Smash Ball, Bad Mr. Frosty performs a dash and a move that is called a Torso Kick. If it does not connect, nothing happens. If it doesn't the following will happen: Bad Mr. Frosty performs three Super Moves from ClayFighter 63 1/3, the Snow Plow, first of all, then the Hurricane Flurry, and then the Frozen Frenzy, all on his opponent or opponents. Then, he takes off his top hat and smashes his foes with it, causing them to fly off, possibly off the screen with enough damage.

What do you think?

Technomage

Smash Champion
Okay then!

A character from the ClayFighter games, Bad Mr. Frosty is a a snowman who was mutated by the impact of a clay-ish meteor, and one known for his bad temper. With that, Bad Mr. Frosty attacks with punches and kicks as well as icicles, snowballs, ice smashes and other ice attacks. For his special moves, they are slow, but he has two of each, with the second move happening if the player presses the B button twice as the first move is beginning to be done. HIs special moves are...

B: Frozen Fist or Snowball: Bad Mr. Frosty charges up a punch, and upon the player letting go of the button, the snowman does a big punch that does ice based damage. Pressing B twice will cancel the move and cause the snowman to throw a snowball that hits with the same intensity when charged.

B Side: Ice Breath or Ice Smash: Bad Mr. Frosty breathes an ice cloud that can freeze opponents. Pressing B twice cancels the move and has Bad Mr. Frosty smash his opponent with ice.

B Up: Ice Pick Uppercut or Blizzard Kick: Bad Mr. Frosty jumps into the air, swinging his arm which is in the form of an ice pick, which does sharp damage. Pressing B twice will cause Bad Mr. Frosty to do a spinning snow based kick upward instead.

B Down: Foot Stamp or Rising Ice: Bad Mr. Frosty stomps his foot, causing damage and burying his opponent. Pressing B twice cancels the move and causes Bad Mr. Frosty to cause ice to rise from the ground, dealing ice based damage.

Final Smash: Super Claytality Move: With the Smash Ball, Bad Mr. Frosty performs a dash and a move that is called a Torso Kick. If it does not connect, nothing happens. If it doesn't the following will happen: Bad Mr. Frosty performs three Super Moves from ClayFighter 63 1/3, the Snow Plow, first of all, then the Hurricane Flurry, and then the Frozen Frenzy, all on his opponent or opponents. Then, he takes off his top hat and smashes his foes with it, causing them to fly off, possibly off the screen with enough damage.

What do you think?
A cool moveset; the gimmick of having two of each Special is a unique one, too. Plus, he'd be another ice fighter, which Smash doesn't have much of.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
A cool moveset; the gimmick of having two of each Special is a unique one, too. Plus, he'd be another ice fighter, which Smash doesn't have much of.
Of course.

I think I see what you did with the bolded part, by the way.

Glad you liked it, anyhow!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Let’s have a bit of fun
1. Heihachi Mishima - I'm still getting into Tekken, but it's baffling that it doesn't have a character in Smash at this point, considering that we've got three other traditional fighting game characters, it's seemingly the best-known 3D fighter, and Namco-Bandai has worked on the past three Smash Bros. games. A case could probably be made for Heihachi, Jin, or Kazuya, but I find Heihachi more interesting.

2. Sol Badguy - I'm even less familiar with Guilty Gear than I am with Tekken, but he seems like he'd be a fun rushdown character, and the music seems like it would be great from what little I've heard

3. Morrigan Aensland - when it comes to Capcom characters in crossovers, she seems to be up there with Ryu, Akuma, and Chun-Li in terms of appearances, and I'd love to see how crazy the development team could get with Darkstalkers content. (music, spirits, a potential stage, etc.)

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Yall better watch my hee-homeboy's video about the Demi-fiend in Smash who is 1000% guaranteed to be the E3 Smash reveal.
Demi-Friend is one of the few characters I want despite never playing their game. I just think he'd be neat. Plus we might get this song, which I would take opportunity to get (ignore the fakeout opening).

Gnateb

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad they included this one in the video:

I will die on the hill that the Annoying Dog encounters from Undertale were at least partially inspired by Pascal. I love both games.

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
No Demonica suit Mii costume? smh
An offense to the immense possibilities of humanities efforts...Gore would not be proud of this...

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I have absolutely no stock in the character whatsoever, but I've always thought Yoshimitsu would be a cool rep, cover both Tekken and Soul Caliber in one.
Yoshimitsu pretty cool. He’s not one of my most wanted but I certainly wouldn’t be disappointed if he made it in. Like you mentioned, it would be cool since he could represent both Tekken and Soul Calibur.

Last edited:

Pillow

Smash Lord
Yoshimitsu pretty cool. He’s not one of my most wanted but I certainly wouldn’t be disappointed if he made it in. Like you mentioned, it would be cool since he could represent both Tekken and Soul Calibur.
He’d represent both, but neither very well is the issue I think.

1. Heihachi Mishima - I'm still getting into Tekken, but it's baffling that it doesn't have a character in Smash at this point, considering that we've got three other traditional fighting game characters, it's seemingly the best-known 3D fighter, and Namco-Bandai has worked on the past three Smash Bros. games. A case could probably be made for Heihachi, Jin, or Kazuya, but I find Heihachi more interesting.

2. Sol Badguy - I'm even less familiar with Guilty Gear than I am with Tekken, but he seems like he'd be a fun rushdown character, and the music seems like it would be great from what little I've heard

3. Morrigan Aensland - when it comes to Capcom characters in crossovers, she seems to be up there with Ryu, Akuma, and Chun-Li in terms of appearances, and I'd love to see how crazy the development team could get with Darkstalkers content. (music, spirits, a potential stage, etc.)
I do agree that Tekken is the big missing fighting game. I think I’d prefer Jin to Heihachi since his abilities are a little more interesting and we already got 2 karate boys in gis.

Banado_Boy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Banado_Boy
Switch FC
SW-3619-0087-7500
Let’s have a bit of fun
Sol (Guilty Gear) - Good music, good game, good guy

Kyo (The King of Fighters) - We have Ken vs. Terry, now give me Ryu vs. Kyo

Arcuied (Melty Blood) - Barely played Melty Blood, but would love to hear some Melty Blood jams in Smash. Plus, we need more vampires in Smash

Last edited:

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Let’s have a bit of fun
Morrigan - Fun moveset, also would love to see any new Darkstalkers content.
Sub-Zero - Iconic character, also there are not enough characters who use ice-based attacks.
Sauron - Primal Rage is underrated, plus playing as a t.rex would be sick.

rychu_supadude

Smash Journeyman
Most people in Japan (70 % according to polls that BBC cited, with the Guardian citing a poll that showed 80 %) oppose hosting the Olympics this year, yes. Considering the fact that the Olympic Village would be in danger of becoming a covid hotspot, yeah I don't blame 'em.

The issues surrounding that stem from the fact that it's IOC's call to make (not the Tokyo prefecture's), and the IOC likely does not want to pull the plug on that when they've already delayed a major money-maker for a year. Considering IOC's infamous association with corruption, I wouldn't be surprised. I also strongly suspect that Japan's government might want to avoid losing face - especially since the 2022 Winter Olympics is in Beijing. You know the joke Cosmic77 made? That's the kind of stuff IOC really wants to avoid at all costs, especially since a Mario & Sonic game and other related Tokyo 2020 merchandise was released.
This is like Brazil on steroids. Obviously Zika virus was much less of a threat than it was made out to be, while this threat still exists. The Summer and Winter games used to be in the same year, it's probably time to bring that back. The games might as well not exist without spectators, and almost noone actually wants to watch this type of event just yet.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I love MOTHER 3 to death, and I've gotta ask; why do people want an official localization so bad? So that NoA can mangle it? Go play Tomato's translation instead of waiting for a censored parody of the original script.
Not everyone knows how to/feels inclined to emulate a game. As others have said, it releasing on an official Nintendo platform will finally give it the true recognition it deserves.

Otherwise, the Mother series will finally be accessible to anyone in all regions officially. Because the series is finished, it would provide a sense of closure.

--------

But speaking of Mother 3, I just finished it moments ago for the zillionth time and I promise I'm not crying... swear...

GothicSlenderman

Smash Journeyman
Let’s have a bit of fun
-Scorpion (Mortal Kombat) - Western IP, Potential with his "Get over here" move. Just so the narrator can say "Scorpion Wins! Fatality"

-A Guilty Gear Rep - One of my favorites, stylized as all hell, ARC Systems Rep

-Someone from a 3D Brawler type game - To add some variety in reps

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Let’s have a bit of fun
i havent said mine
-Sukapon: joy mech fight is one of the best NES games out there and i enjoyed it alot more than any other NES game i played so i want to keep the game alive in smash if joy mech fight have no future also we do need another robot in smash :ultrob::ultmegaman: are the only ones we have so far.

-Heihachi: Tekken is widely popular and recognizable it deserve to be represented and Heihachi made many crossover appearences also he is fighting game villain which we dont have yet. Also Namco deserves a 2nd rep.

-Hsein-Ko: Darkstalkers is very unique fighting game while it may not have a future for its franchise i would like it to get preserved in smash so it doesnt die out in future generation and while i am aware Morrigan has been used more than her i feel Hsien-ko is more unique even the concept of the character itself and fits all age of audience. Also Hsien-Ko vs :ultminmin would be amazing to see

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom