• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I think the two top contenders at the moment are probably Dixie Kong and Bandana Dee. I don’t recall either being tied to a spirit event. Has Dragalia Lost had a spirit event yet? I think Euden has a slight chance if not.
There is LITERALLY NOTHING Dragalia Lost related in Smash.

And yet people say I'm the crazy one...

Technomage

Smash Champion
I think the two top contenders at the moment are probably Dixie Kong and Bandana Dee. I don’t recall either being tied to a spirit event. Has Dragalia Lost had a spirit event yet? I think Euden has a slight chance if not.
Definitely not. I would have remembered if it did.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
The first thing the guy mentions is that one of the last characters will likely be a Nintendo character because Smash has always been a Nintendo all-stars game, but I don't even know what Nintendo characters are even possible anymore when so many of them have been spirit evented. Is it just Ayumi Tachibana left?
Gen 8 Pokemon go brr

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Well technically wait I remembered the Octoling Girl & Octoling Boy Spirit was in a themed event

then again so were Pyra and Mythra so

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Definitely not. I would have remembered if it did.
In that case, I think it might be worth keeping an eye on that. I didn’t really know anything about Dragalia Lost until the Character Exploration thread but that thread has convinced me that Euden would be a great addition to Smash. If there is no content at all in Smash, that raises Euden’s chances even higher.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
In that case, I think it might be worth keeping an eye on that. I didn’t really know anything about Dragalia Lost until the Character Exploration thread but that thread has convinced me that Euden would be a great addition to Smash. If there is no content at all in Smash, that raises Euden’s chances even higher.
ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I mean just saying, Octo Expansion hasn’t had a Spirit Event yet...

yes, the Octoling Girl & Boy + Octoling Octopus spirits can be unlocked by the amiibo, but they can easily change the amiibo’s function to host fighter data once Octoling becomes playable
To me, Octoling feels like Echo Fighter material, idk...

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
I feel like talking about Euden today before the Spirit Event happens is very risky and I'm expecting us to jinx it into Spirit hell.
Gen 8 Pokemon go brr
That has a Spirit Event.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Urshifu.
You never know, my friend.
:pokeroll:
I dunno, I feel like they'd go for a base game Pokemon, seeing as that's the part of the game everyone will have. Especially since the DLC is no longer in the spotlight, and even if they wanted a DLC character IoA suffers from middle child syndrome between the initial launch and the Crown Tundra.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I would love if Gengar somehow made it in but it’s sad that it probably wouldn’t be well received since it is yet another Gen 1 Pokémon.

Technomage

Smash Champion
My best friend loves Calyrex. It could make for a really interesting fighter since we don’t have any mounted characters in Smash yet.
Though we don't have any animal-riding mounted characters yet, we do have a machine-riding mounted character.

NotGenerico

Smash Apprentice

Technomage

Smash Champion
What makes me doubt a Dragalia Lost character besides the whole not available in Europe thing is that DL is one of Cygames's least popular gachas. Dragalia Lost's lifetime revenue was almost surpassed in just one month by the Uma Musume gacha. Besides, even if Nintendo owns the IP, I think they'd still have to deal with Cygames and wouldn't it be better to just add a Granblue Fantasy character at that point? What I'm saying is...

Zooey for Smash.
Speaking of Granblue: Remember the time Hitagi claimed to leak Katalina? Maybe that leak could end up becoming at least partially true?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Huh, first time I've ever heard you say it.

Also, what Pokemon does the protagonist player play as?
You choose what Pokemon you play as, so I always envisioned that they would add an important side character. If I had free reign I would add Grovyle from 2, but if it had to be a rep from 1, Gengar (the main antagonist) or Gardevoir (a key side character) would work.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Speaking of Granblue: Remember the time Hitagi claimed to leak Katalina? Maybe that leak could end up becoming at least partially true?
Didn’t he say Katalina was a specific CP number? Wouldn’t give that leak any attention if that was the case

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
What makes me doubt a Dragalia Lost character besides the whole not available in Europe thing is that DL is one of Cygames's least popular gachas. Dragalia Lost's lifetime revenue was almost surpassed in just one month by the Uma Musume gacha. Besides, even if Nintendo owns the IP, I think they'd still have to deal with Cygames and wouldn't it be better to just add a Granblue Fantasy character at that point? What I'm saying is...

Zooey for Smash.
What the heck is an Uma Musume?

RednekGamurz

Smash Rookie
NNID
RednekGamurz
3DS FC
2251-5616-7274
You choose what Pokemon you play as, so I always envisioned that they would add an important side character. If I had free reign I would add Grovyle from 2, but if it had to be a rep from 1, Gengar (the main antagonist) or Gardevoir (a key side character) would work.
I feel like Team ACT or Absol could also work from PMD1, but yeah, if we get any PMD character in Smash, I would like it to be Grovyle from PMD2, but sadly Pokemon side games don't get love in Smash.

Gnateb

Smash Journeyman
Do you all know about Practicalbrush? Their track record for Smash and other stuff has been completely spotless for the last couple of years, and he actually replies to comments. They're a "day before" leaker, though.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

Zooey for Smash.
To be fair, comparing Dragalia Lost and Uma Musume is like saying that Mario Strikers is a bad game because it didnt do Madden and Fifa level of sales.
One is targeted to a small niche demographic
The other to the most normie **** in said country with how big Horse Racing and Idols are in Japan.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master

Zooey for Smash.
I mean, if Nintendo want to go for a gacha game that isn't banned in Europe, there is Genshin Impact as a possibility.

Dukefire

Smash Master
alright, most likely that Nintendo will be saving their big hitters when the Second week of June rolls over as E3 starts on a Saturday.

Again, approach it lightly as the challenger may or may not be the one everyone is requesting regarding the abundance of "leaks".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom