• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
If that's the case, I'm gonna expect a 15-20 minute mini direct. That's it.
Well Nintendo did have a Direct right before E3 2012 showcasing Wii U features so the real E3 showcase wouldn't be taken up by it...

...only to have it be taken up by certain Nintendo Land minigames anyway.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Dead by Daylight has just announced the content of the Resident Evil crossover they announced recently.

Nemesis as the killer, the RPD of Raccoon City as the stage, and Jill and Leon as the survivors.

Obviously this isn't related to Smash but I think this is another example that proves that if RE ever comes to Smash with a playable rep, it's probably going to be either Leon or Jill. Chris is also popular and has the advantage of having more appearances in mainline games, though.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Obviously this isn't related to Smash but I think this is another example that proves that if RE ever comes to Smash with a playable rep, it's probably going to be either Leon or Jill. Chris is also popular and has the advantage of having more appearances in mainline games, though.

And while they weren't base game spirits, either getting upgraded isn't impossible.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
And while they weren't base game spirits, either getting upgraded isn't impossible.
Ehhhhh, it seems like spirits added via events are meant to indicate who wasn't locked in in time. And I'm not saying this as an "ackshually they were locked in in 2018" thing, but pay attention to when the RE spirits were released, which was after they announced there'd be more after FP1.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Ehhhhh, it seems like spirits added via events are meant to indicate who wasn't locked in in time. And I'm not saying this as an "ackshually they were locked in in 2018" thing, but pay attention to when the RE spirits were released, which was after they announced there'd be more after FP1.
Fair point.
Lady Dimitrescu, anyone?

that was satire, folks

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Yeah, the timing probably kills any chance of getting a RE character. Unless we get a third fighter pass.

Though if it wasn't for that, I'd be still convinced a RE character would be a likely option, specially with the rumored RE temporary exclusive game for Switch that is coming this year, which I guess it will be announced at E3.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
To be fair, comparing Dragalia Lost and Uma Musume is like saying that Mario Strikers is a bad game because it didnt do Madden and Fifa level of sales.
One is targeted to a small niche demographic
The other to the most normie **** in said country with how big Horse Racing and Idols are in Japan.
man the next reveal can’t come soon enough

Also if you think that’s bizarre, play Hatoful Boyfriend THEN come back to me
"You know, when corporate told you to combine Horse Racing and Idols in your character designs, that's not exactly what we had in mind."

In b4 Sakurai advertises Honkai Impact 3rd in the Sakurai Presents Genshin Impact, saying he discovered it when watching his favorite Anime youtubers and is the main reason why GI got in :4pacman:.
I mean, I certainly wouldn't complain. :roll:

Sakurai is a man of culture.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
In b4 Sakurai advertises Honkai Impact 3rd in the Sakurai Presents Genshin Impact, saying he discovered it when watching his favorite Anime youtubers and is the main reason why GI got in :4pacman:.

Also, in miscellaneous news:

AT LONG LAST! SONIC NEWS! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA MY HYPE IS AT SUPER SAIYAN LEVELS HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

I CAN NOT WAIT! Might have to call in sick to see this.... I'm gonna be sick in a couple days, be prepared. Cough cough cough. Urk, I think I'm getting sick now cough cough cough.

It'd be cool if SEGA were to reveal a 2nd Sonic guy/gal for Smash in that event (even if it's unlikely).
Shadow the Hedgehog will be FP10... believe! And Waluigi will follow! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa heh heh hehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

And maybe they'll give us a bonus if they're nice. Bandana Dee, Tetra, Lanky Kong, Funky Kong, some DK character to lowkey tie into this new DK game that's been rumored to the Underworld and back.... SOME character that wouldn't require a new stage and music and spirits per se. Like Piranha Plant.

Funky Kong for a new DK game, Tetra for a Switch version of Wind Waker HD, Bandana Dee for a new Kirby... perhaps even Sylux JUST to screw with people.

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion
I know SharkLord was only joking about Thirst Theory, but that has got me thinking: What sex-appeal characters (that are still for good boys and girls, so no Mai Shiranui) would make good characters for Smash?

Technomage

Smash Champion
Y'all expect Nightmare as the Soulcalibur fighter, but instead you get Ivy PRECISELY because of thirst.
LOL What would Ivy look like if she had a more kid-friendly design?

Also, we'd probably get Taki over Ivy, since she's still for good boys and girls despite her melon-sized breasts and tight pants.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I know SharkLord was only joking about Thirst Theory, but that has got me thinking: What sex-appeal characters (that are still for good boys and girls, so no Mai Shiranui) would make good characters for Smash?
Is this the part where I say KOS-MOS and T-elos? Robo chicks?

also Thirst Theory would imply people have thirsted for Steve. And Alex. And Zombie. And Enderman. Which is INCREDIBLY cursed

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Sonic Central predictions tho, for real:

Official announcements for Sonic Colors Ultimate and Sonic Collection.

Sega HARDlight has indicated they'll have announcements in there so possibly some new Sonic apps/additions to Sonic Dash or Sonic Forces Speed Battle or whatever.

Maybe a look at Sonic Prime?

WAY too early for a trailer for the second movie, so probably not that, but perhaps some kind of update on that. Just a brief "Hey, this is a thing" kinda thing.

MAYBE a look at a new 2D game with a smidge of a peek at a new 3D one (that might not come until early next year)

Some new merchandise for the Sega Shop website. Toaster or something, I dunno insert memes here.

That's kind of what I'm thinking, I don't know if they'd realistically have anything else. I imagine NINTENDO is in charge of Smash reveals, so even if it is Sonic related, it'll happen at E3 regardless. The only exception I can MAYBE think of is if there is indeed another Mario/Sonic Olympics title and even then I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo announced that themselves.

I don't expect it to be very long.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I mean, 2B and Lara Croft are both common picks in terms of speculation.
Is this the part where I say KOS-MOS and T-elos? Robo chicks?

also Thirst Theory would imply people have thirsted for Steve. And Alex. And Zombie. And Enderman. Which is INCREDIBLY cursed
Implying that there isn't any Creeper, zombie and Enderman art on 34...

Also remember when the Super Crown was a thing and besides Bowsette and Boosette, there was also the art of Super Crown Chain Chomps, Goombas, Bo-ombs, Piranha Plant, the frickin' Unagi and Mawray and the frickin' Mad Piano.

Nothing is safe from the number 34.

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion
Also, because of Thirst theory, we'd be getting two of these choices: Tawna instead of Crash, Renamon instead of Agumon, Wild Zelda instead of Mummy Ganondorf, Rouge instead of Shadow/Knuckles/Tails/Eggman, Kairi instead of Sora, Cortana instead of Master Chief, Kasumi instead of Hayabusa, Velvet (or even Yuri) over Lloyd, Trish instead of Dante (then again, Dante is shirtless), Chun-Li as our 3rd Street Fighter rep, Mia Fay instead of Phoenix Wright, Foxy/Ballora/Chica instead of Freddy, Penny instead of Jonesy, and Bowsette instead of Waluigi (hey, we already got Daisy over Waluigi). :4pacman:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom