• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Well, Reggie said it so.....

Would be a little weird to filter out an official Nintendo conference on a Nintendo fansite.

I feel like ass kinda has to stay uncensored, or else it'd cause some weird situations.

"So how do you guys feel about an ******ins Creed character making it in Smash?"

"I like Mythra because she's such a s***y character"

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANYHOW

New game!

Let's say there's a new Bonus Fighter. No new music, no stage, no spirit board, just the character. Just like Piranha Plant.

BUT, let's add a twist! Let's say that this new character MUST be a character from of one of these three series:

Zelda

Donkey Kong

F-Zero

What would your three choices be, one for each series?

I'll start: Tetra, Funky Kong, and Bio-Rex

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANYHOW

New game!

Let's say there's a new Bonus Fighter. No new music, no stage, no spirit board, just the character. Just like Piranha Plant.

BUT, let's add a twist! Let's say that this new character MUST be a character from of one of these three series:

Zelda

Donkey Kong

F-Zero

Impa, Cranky, Black Shadow

Technomage

Smash Champion
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANYHOW

New game!

Zelda

Donkey Kong

F-Zero

Okay, I'll pick:

Zelda: Tingle

DK: Dixie

F-Zero: IDK Jody?

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANYHOW

New game!

Zelda

Donkey Kong

F-Zero

Impa

Dixie Kong

Black Shadow or Jody

Last edited:

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANYHOW

New game!

Zelda

Donkey Kong

F-Zero

Midna, Wrinkly, Black Shadow

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I feel like ass kinda has to stay uncensored, or else it'd cause some weird situations.

"So how do you guys feel about an ******ins Creed character making it in Smash?"

"I like Mythra because she's such a s***y character"
It's funny you say that since there are a lot of Japanese words that contain sh** yet that's also censored.

I've had stuff from Google Translate censored before I think, including one of Sakurai's POTDs since it had a japanese word like sh**suke or ash*ta in it or something like that.

Last edited:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANYHOW

New game!

Zelda

Donkey Kong

F-Zero

I think we've got to pick stuff that would be so weird people are distracted from the lack of stage.

Zelda: Alfonzo. The man's earned it.

DK: Squitter. What's more unique than a spider wearing sneakers?

F-Zero: the Blue Falcon, stylized like the Mario Kart version. Just zooms around and tries not to throw itself out of control.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I think we've got to pick stuff that would be so weird people are distracted from the lack of stage.

Zelda: Alfonzo. The man's earned it.

DK: Squitter. What's more unique than a spider wearing sneakers?

F-Zero: the Blue Falcon, stylized like the Mario Kart version. Just zooms around and tries not to throw itself out of control.

That's kinda why I picked Bio-Rex. He'd be so bonkers! He's clearly not a Captain Falcon clone because he's a big dinosaur, but he's so weird that you wouldn't be mad that a new F-ZERO stage doesn't come with him, the F-ZERO content in the base game would suffice.

Squitter however, would be legit cool. Him and Ellie the Elephant would be two Animal Buddies in Smash that would be playable and I could imagine how they'd play. Squitter making platforms for himself, Ellie squirtin water at people.

The blue falcon choice.... makes me think "What if the Arwing Walker from Star Fox Zero was a playable fighter?"

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
Oh wait, maybe Thirst Theory could also cover water-themed characters, even if they're fan DISservice. :4pacman:
I've covered Dota 2's Morphling a couple weeks back, partly because the water elemental does not hold back when it comes to water puns:

" The moon pulls me."
" Go with the flow. "
" Didn't you see me waving?"

Would make for some terrible / amazing responses in Smash, just like they're terrible / amazing responses in Dota 2. :roll:

Thirst Theory means he's in

This remix must be included in his Challenger Pack:

:4pacman:

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANYHOW

New game!

Zelda

Donkey Kong

F-Zero

Impa
Dixie Kong

Those are already my most wanted... I don't know **** about F-Zero so I'll chose Blood Falcon as a C.Falcon Echo. Which already could've happened.

Anything else F-Zero is literally just not worth it, as the series is dormant.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Oh wait, maybe Thirst Theory could also cover water-themed characters, even if they're fan DISservice. :4pacman:
The obvious best choice IMO is Chaos Zero from Sonic Adventure/Sonic Battle. Give him his moves and music from Sonic Battle and such, I would LOVE this!

Ellie the Elephant is another good choice, shooting water out of her trunk, sucking things toward her with her trunk like she does in DKC3.

ESPECIALLY if her stage is like Squirt's Showdown.

Squirt-water-spin-attack.jpg

Just this, with Squirt and his eyes in the background, occasionally popping out from the waterfall and squirting water at people and such. With hazards off, it'd just be his eyes following the fight form behind the waterfall.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Also, because of Thirst theory, we'd be getting two of these choices: Tawna instead of Crash, Renamon instead of Agumon, Wild Zelda instead of Mummy Ganondorf, Rouge instead of Shadow/Knuckles/Tails/Eggman, Kairi instead of Sora, Cortana instead of Master Chief, Kasumi instead of Hayabusa, Velvet (or even Yuri) over Lloyd, Trish instead of Dante (then again, Dante is shirtless), Chun-Li as our 3rd Street Fighter rep, Mia Fay instead of Phoenix Wright, Foxy/Ballora/Chica instead of Freddy, Penny instead of Jonesy, and Bowsette instead of Waluigi (hey, we already got Daisy over Waluigi). :4pacman:
Wow, Nintendo loved DC Superhero Girls and SNK Heroines so much that they decided to make their own spinoff as well.
Super Smash Sisters

Source

Last edited:

volbound1700

Smash Master
I am not 100% the open spot on the leaked (Australian?) website is for a character. It could be for something even better such as a new mode (crossing fingers for boss-battle).

I do think a bonus character would likely be a Nintendo character and probably something like Piranha Plant in that it is an obscure character with a great move set. I think Sakurai probably wanted to create Piranha Plant to have some kind of outrageous move set.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I am not 100% the open spot on the leaked (Australian?) website is for a character. It could be for something even better such as a new mode (crossing fingers for boss-battle).

I do think a bonus character would likely be a Nintendo character and probably something like Piranha Plant in that it is an obscure character with a great move set. I think Sakurai probably wanted to create Piranha Plant to have some kind of outrageous move set.
Didn’t Sakurai say Home Run was the last new mode tho?

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANYHOW

New game!

Zelda

Donkey Kong

F-Zero

Guardian (literally just a Guardian Stalker), Funky Kong, Black Shadow

volbound1700

Smash Master
Didn’t Sakurai say Home Run was the last new mode tho?
I would have to go back and hear it again but he was very vague in his comment about it. I think he said "one of the last modes added" and in fact we did get a new Multiplayer mode after Home Run (MP Tournament Mode).

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
So wait... did I miss something? Was there actually a leak/potential goof (grain of salt, of course) implying a bonus fighter? I think I know who it is... hands down. ;)

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
New game!

Zelda

Donkey Kong

F-Zero

First of all, needlessly restrictive game. Too many limitations.

Second of all,
Impa
Dixie
Black Shadow

All Echoes

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion
He said it would "pretty much" be our final new mode.

And if you know Smash speculators that "pretty much" will grasped onto and run a mile with a million conspiracy theorists arguing about word choice.
"Final NEW mode."

That doesn't exclude new additions to already-existing modes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom