• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
So wait... did I miss something? Was there actually a leak/potential goof (grain of salt, of course) implying a bonus fighter? I think I know who it is... hands down. ;)
Honestly, I just thought it'd be fun, the bonus fighter idea.

First of all, needlessly restrictive game. Too many limitations.

Second of all,
Impa
Dixie
Black Shadow

All Echoes
It is those restrictions that get the brain juices flowing. Learning how to work within constraints. Part of the fun.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So wait... did I miss something? Was there actually a leak/potential goof (grain of salt, of course) implying a bonus fighter? I think I know who it is... hands down. ;)
It was a month ago I think, about a bonus placeholder in the NZ site for FP2. I can’t explain it all that well, there’s a Papagenos video that covers it (and links to the relevant Reddit post)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
"Final NEW mode."

That doesn't exclude new additions to already-existing modes.
I just hope we get WoL 2P and/or Very Hard Mode before support ends

also, I STILL want the ability to put the WoL possession/clone fighter effects on any fighter of my choice outside of WoL. Yes, even Kirby and the DLC. Hero’s trailer spoiled me 😩

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
If we're getting a bonus fighter, I'm like 60% sure it'll be our boy, Master Hand.

Take his appearance in the WoL minigame, scale him down, have him always use Stamina regardless of the mode, make him extremely floaty (but not capable of flying) and reign in his moveset a fair bit (also making it significantly laggier to account for lack of knockback). You've got the ultimate send-off without a whole heap of effort.

And when he wins a match, there should be no "Master Hand wins!" line, seeing as the announcer is busy letting out his iconic laugh.
Oh, and as Fighter #00, be ready to relearn the CSS layout, because your main is getting pushed one spot forward.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANYHOW

New game!

Let's say there's a new Bonus Fighter. No new music, no stage, no spirit board, just the character. Just like Piranha Plant.

BUT, let's add a twist! Let's say that this new character MUST be a character from of one of these three series:

Zelda

Donkey Kong

F-Zero

What would your three choices be, one for each series?

I'll start: Tetra, Funky Kong, and Bio-Rex
Ocarina of Time Adult Link, Super Kong and Pico.

Link_-_Super_Smash_Bros._Melee.png Super_Kong.png Pico_Spirit.png

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
If we're getting a bonus fighter, I'm like 60% sure it'll be our boy, Master Hand.

Take his appearance in the WoL minigame, scale him down, have him always use Stamina regardless of the mode, make him extremely floaty (but not capable of flying) and reign in his moveset a fair bit. You've got the ultimate send-off without a whole heap of effort.

And when he wins a match, there should be no "Master Hand Wins!" line, seeing as the announcer is busy letting out his iconic laugh.
Primed could work too; I'm saying this in reply to you cuz him and Master Hand could be like Subspace/Smash-original fighters.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Wow, Nintendo loved DC Superhero Girls and SNK Heroines so much that they decided to make their own spinoff as well.
Super Smash Sisters

Source
Is it bad that I first saw that as Super Smash Sus Ultimate?

That aside, a Nintendo game featuring Nintendo's heroines would absolutely get attention.
"Final NEW mode."

That doesn't exclude new additions to already-existing modes.
The option to select Bosses in Spirit Mode select and fight them with any character please......and Smash Run too.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Unfortunately, despite how great it would be, I don't see any expansion or changes to World of Light. I am NOT a fan of World of Light because it just throws you into a generic map with random spirits everywhere. Had they done a themed approach (like the Street Fighter stage which was awesome), I would have loved it but the randomness made it just tedious.

However, I did like the Spirit Board and play it often.

If we got a new MODE, the easiest one to implement and most likely would be a Boss Rush. He could even bring in a couple of New Bosses that were in Brawl (Porky for example). I would say Boss Rush would be most likely New Mode. Not sure if we will get New Mode or not, however.

Smash Run Battle Royale!
I would love that :), especially since I NEVER owned the 3DS version. It looked like an awesome Mode that I want to try.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Gonna briefly bring this up:

So we have the Lotus/Natah spirit from Warframe, right?

What if we get a Mii Swordfighter Outfit of the Excalibir from the same game?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
There's a funky F-Zero character as well.

GX was gold in general.

Fun fact PJ was actually based off Crazy Taxi, since Sega (and their subsidiary, the now defunct Amusement Vision) developed it

...if the timesplitters studio came back together AV can too, right? And Banpresto? RIGHT???

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So... ya'll... I have some bad news.

As of Tuesday May 25th, 2021 at 4:14pm EST; my math equations have unfortunately passed away. I have tried to redo them over and over to try and get consistent results, but to no avail.

1621974209892.png

There's still a 0.0000000000000000000000001% chance of a miracle, but... that's gonna take some pixie dust and sakurai himself most likely to bring it back.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Clearly, we need both Newgrounds Pico and F-Zero Pico to both be in Smash to determine who is the stronger Pico.

Also, a Newgrounds stage would be super kino, so that's another point in Pico's favour. Maybe get some of the most iconic content creators from the site to do voices on the stage?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

As of Tuesday May 25th, 2021 at 4:14pm EST; my math equations have unfortunately passed away. I have tried to redo them over and over to try and get consistent results, but to no avail.

View attachment 316487

There's still a 0.0000000000000000000000001% chance of a miracle, but... that's gonna take some pixie dust and sakurai himself most likely to bring it back.
What equations were you trying to do this time? I'm outta the loop here.

SKX31

Smash Master

Ah, it was the color equations I had previously. I tried to take multiple different approaches and I got bad results lol.

RIP math / color equations that could be mistaken for national flags.

Pico WAS the guy who assassinated Beavis and Butt-head, after all. I have photographic proof of said assassination.

Pico's pretty hardcore.
I mean, he's hardcore enough to announce that he will assassinate before he does so
:4dedede:

View attachment 316491

The storm is growing.....
So E3 is Vergil? :4pacman:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom