• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
FTFY for a little perspective of people pre-February 2014.
So what you're saying is that Kiryu would play as terribly as Mac? Can't wait for Air Kiryu, the one true successor to Air Mac. :4pacman:

Jokes aside, Idon pretty much much said what I would have. Between his styles and Heat Actions, they'd surely figure something out for Kiryu's aerials.

At the very worst, I figure he'd be closer to someone like Ryu or Terry when it comes to the usability of his aerials - for the most part they aren't insanely good, but they work well enough in neutral and can be used for combos.

Shroob

Sup?
Can we get Ichiban as an Echo?

I know Kiryu's the protagonist of most of the games but I've been watching LAD vids the most and I love this idiot, thx.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Has this been shared yet?

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
Alright, for any particular character you want, what do you think their alt colors could/should be?

I think Mega Man X could have Storm Tornado, Chameleon Sting and Rising Fire as some of his, though I guess if his alts were like Mega Man, they'll mostly be based on the weapons in his moveset. Though Mega Man's Light Blue color is more like Skull Barrier/Jewel Satellite than Air Shooter.

Speaking of Rising Fire, RF Mega Man X was added to X Dive, so a ton of his weapon alts can now be characters in that alongside his armors.

I think Dante could have alts based on Nero, Vergil, Trish, Lady and Sparda. But that only covers 6 of his costumes counting his default. Maybe DmC Dante and Lucia to top it off? I wouldn't want too many alts that are based on his default suits, even if they had a bunch of alt costumes, since every version of Dante has a red trench coat, barring Don'te.

And with Injustice 2 and MK11, Scorpion and Sub-Zero have a lot of alts they wear that aren't JUST shades of Yellow/Orange and Blue/Cyan. In IJ2, Sub-Zero's Yellow costume is named after Cyrax instead of Scorpion. If Sub-Zero was added, it'd be cool if that reference was more obvious, either with a cyber-alt or if he had tanned skin on his traditional suit.
You've inspired me.

Amaterasu_main_artwork.png

This is my first time doing something like this, and if you zoom in on anything it'll probably show. Complicating things is that Amaterasu's design works best with a relatively neutral tone for her fur and a bright color for her accents, so I tried to pick references and colors that fit that - combining that and me wanting to keep the colors distinguishable at a glance, it led to some real stretches in both source material and the actual colors chosen from that.

I'd say what the references are, but this is a good test of how successful I was. Can you guess the references for each color? no seriously reply to me with your guesses I crave attention

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Alright, for any particular character you want, what do you think their alt colors could/should be?
  • Lyndis
  • Navarre
  • Ayra
  • Lon'qu
  • Mia
  • Joshua
  • Mareeta
  • Odin
---
I'm just kidding for the most part. If Lyndis sticks to the Myrmidon moveset mainly, I'd like to see her go the Hero route and have 3 other Myrmidon characters as alts. I'm not expecting a Bowser Jr. scenario.

In terms of actual seriousness, Monster Hunter:
  • Rathalos Armor (Male)
  • Rathalos Armor (Female)
  • MHRise Starter Armor (Male)
  • MHRise Starter Armor (Female)
  • Barioth X Armor (Male)
  • Barioth X Armor (Female)
  • Zinogre Armor (Male)
  • Zinogre Armor (Female)

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
  • Lyndis
  • Navarre
  • Ayra
  • Lon'qu
  • Mia
  • Joshua
  • Mareeta
  • Odin
---
I'm just kidding for the most part. If Lyndis sticks to the Myrmidon moveset mainly, I'd like to see her go the Hero route and have 3 other Myrmidon characters as alts. I'm not expecting a Bowser Jr. scenario.
Even then, I don't think even a Hero situation would work, because a lot of these characters are different in several ways.

That, and the outrage if Smash ended on a total of 12 FE characters :4pacman:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

I think Mega Man X could have Storm Tornado, Chameleon Sting and Rising Fire as some of his, though I guess if his alts were like Mega Man, they'll mostly be based on the weapons in his moveset. Though Mega Man's Light Blue color is more like Skull Barrier/Jewel Satellite than Air Shooter.

Speaking of Rising Fire, RF Mega Man X was added to X Dive, so a ton of his weapon alts can now be characters in that alongside his armors.

I think Dante could have alts based on Nero, Vergil, Trish, Lady and Sparda. But that only covers 6 of his costumes counting his default. Maybe DmC Dante and Lucia to top it off? I wouldn't want too many alts that are based on his default suits, even if they had a bunch of alt costumes, since every version of Dante has a red trench coat, barring Don'te.

And with Injustice 2 and MK11, Scorpion and Sub-Zero have a lot of alts they wear that aren't JUST shades of Yellow/Orange and Blue/Cyan. In IJ2, Sub-Zero's Yellow costume is named after Cyrax instead of Scorpion. If Sub-Zero was added, it'd be cool if that reference was more obvious, either with a cyber-alt or if he had tanned skin on his traditional suit.
Euden with his Gala alt is a must. Maybe also give him some of his other alternate costumes, like his Summer or Kimono outfits, assuming those can work. Other than that, probably just alts based on the other party members.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Part of the reason they went back to Classic Terry is to show you how JACKED the dude is.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
No not really, Nothing has really changed. This is almost certainly the end but the chance of something more happening is not 0%. That's how it's been and that's how it probably will be for a while.
Maybe I’m too tired to read between the lines but how does that imply such?

Ivander

Smash Legend
Even then, I don't think even a Hero situation would work, because a lot of these characters are different in several ways.

That, and the outrage if Smash ended on a total of 12 FE characters :4pacman:
Not really? Almost all characters in early Fire Emblem follow a basic template and the Myrmidons are no different. Sure they all have different personalities, but gameplay-wise, they mainly play the same. A focus on quick-fast iaido-like swordplay. The only way it sorta gets thrown out is if Lyndis uses a bow, which none of the other Myrmidons really use unless they are capable of becoming an Assassin, like Lon'qu or Joshua. Ryoma also makes a case in that he uses a lightning sword, so he'd be more suitable for Echo Fighter material.
But that aside, if Lyndis were to be a playable character and she stuck mainly to the Myrmidon playstyle without her bow, all of the characters I mentioned would be able to use her moveset with no issue due to following the same template.

And hey, I'd drink from the outrage. :demon:
Lyn should rep the female Myrmidons of the Fire Emblem franchise.

View attachment 307826

Either that or important characters from FE7 I guess.
I was thinking that.....but Sakurai does like Navarre. Give Sakurai a bit of a bone here.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

"SUPER METROID" released today in 1994 !! It is a work that has a great influence on Smash Bros. in the design of Samus, Kraid, Ridley, Starship, etc. Ridley has a different color impression between the game and the image illustration, but the 3P color is redr than the illustration. # Smash Bros SP

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Kiryu would probably be normal to kinda bad in terms of air mobility. But really strong in the ground. That's at least how I imagine him.

Can we get Ichiban as an Echo?

I know Kiryu's the protagonist of most of the games but I've been watching LAD vids the most and I love this idiot, thx.
Ichiban is fantastic dude but he wouldn't work as Kiryu's echo at all. Ichiban would probably appear with his bat, the first weapon he gets in the game and the weapons he appears with in all the promotional art. In a way, considering his game is a turn based RPG, technically he would be another JRPG swordfighter lol

But would be kinda cute seeing him alongside the DQ heroes considering how much he loves Dragon Quest.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Kiryu would probably be normal to kinda bad in terms of air mobility. But really strong in the ground. That's at least how I imagine him.

Ichiban is fantastic dude but he wouldn't work as Kiryu's echo at all. Ichiban would probably appear with his bat, the first weapon he gets in the game and the weapons he appears with in all the promotional art. In a way, considering his game is a turn based RPG, technically he would be another JRPG swordfighter lol

But would be kinda cute seeing him alongside the DQ heroes considering how much he loves Dragon Quest.

In that case, can't we give Kiryu a bat for some of his attacks? Like, maybe have a Simon-Richter situation?

SNEKeater

Smash Master

"SUPER METROID" released today in 1994 !! It is a work that has a great influence on Smash Bros. in the design of Samus, Kraid, Ridley, Starship, etc. Ridley has a different color impression between the game and the image illustration, but the 3P color is redr than the illustration. # Smash Bros SP
Best SNES game don't @ me

In that case, can't we give Kiryu a bat for some of his attacks? Like, maybe have a Simon-Richter situation?
Well, it could be done I guess? But I don't think Kiryu with a bat it's the most faithful representation of the character. He can use any weapon ingame, including bats, but it's not like the bat is part of his character or his image, unlike Ichiban. When you search images of Kiryu on Google you'll find images of him with his bare hands, nothing more.

The Simon-Richter example doesn't work as well as here, I believe. I think Sakurai had more creative freedom with the Belmonts because Richter and specially Simon didn't have a lot to pull of from their games that was unique to them. That and the fact both are Belmonts, I guess it isn't hard to imagine each Belmont fight similarly because all their knowledge is supposed to be taught between each generation of the clan.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Giga brain idea.

Just have Ichiban be the Yakuza rep.

It'd be weird as hell, some people would be angry as hell, and it'd be unexpected as hell. Best of all worlds.
If Kiryu can't get in Smash because of not allowing to punch woman, Ichi would be cool.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Giga brain idea.

Just have Ichiban be the Yakuza rep.

It'd be weird as hell, some people would be angry as hell, and it'd be unexpected as hell. Best of all worlds.
Meanwhile I'll be over here waving my banner and absolutely flipping my ****.

Is now the time to once again shill my Ichiban support thread? We got movesets! We got spirits! We got music and a stage!

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Do y'all think we will get the final 2 DLC announced at E3 this year. All I'm hoping for is the release date for the Steve amiibo

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Would Konami really be the right choice for helping get their footing in the Japanese market? Like.....I can understand Sega with having a good presence in Japan and having a good relationship with Microsoft, but what exactly does Konami have aside from pachinko machines(and would focusing on Pachinko machines while we're still in a pandemic really be ideal) and Yugioh for Japan? The only franchises I can really think of that have some sort of presence in Japan are Bomberman and Momotaro Densetsu. But some of Konami's other franchises appear to have alot more presence in the West and China compared to Japan.
Do you mean franchises with recent games? If not, there are plenty, e.g., Goemon.
Imran's take on the EVO thing:

This is the guy whose speculation people here take seriously? What a jackass.

Shroob

Sup?
Do you mean franchises with recent games? If not, there are plenty, e.g., Goemon.

This is the guy whose speculation people here take seriously? What a jackass.
Dunno why you brought the speculation aspect up tbh. You can say a lot about Imran sure, but if anything, he leaked the first 2 fighters of FP2 correctly, that's just fact.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
You joke, But Waluigi becoming a Constructor/Demolisher in his own game is brilliant (it helps that Waluigi already has connections to Wrecking Crew in a way)
I wasn't joking at all.

Revive an old Nintendo property, give Waluigi his own game, and a basis for his own Smash moveset that's not just "Mario Sports guy".

Last edited:

Pillow

Smash Lord
If by some miracle we get a Yakuza rep and it’s Ichiban instead of Kiryu, I hope we can get the pound mate summons in his moveset. They’re so fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom