• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
To get this back on topic, who are some newcomers that would fulfill dream match-ups if they were among the last two characters to get into FP2? (ex. Mario vs. Sonic vs. Crash, Dante vs. Bayonetta, Tails vs. Luigi, Bowser vs. Eggman)
Hm, well... I guess besides the ones you mentioned, I guess Mario vs. Kratos or Master Chief, Pikachu vs. Agumon and Ryu vs. Terry vs. Heihachi.

Also, as one of the LoL peeps, I feel obligated to say "Dota 2 rep vs. LoL rep", even if the chances are essentially zero.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Why are we still discussing a mod for, like, an hour or two? Shouldn't we get back on topic with Ultimate's DLC?
Looks back at pages upon pages of retread ground and lists of the same characters we've been talking about for our entire time here

Yeah, I think I'll stick with the mods, thank you very much.

Technomage

Smash Champion
It's given us some new names to talk about (Vectorman as a meme, but we actually did discuss Zero and Lyn a bit)
Ah, it inspires potential for Ultimate? Then that sounds good enough, I suppose.

With that said, I am interested in any key points discussing Zero (well, the ones that involve Ultimate). Can someone give me a quote to look at?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I meant they are all versions of :ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf:
Phantom Ganon is not a form of Ganon. He's a different person entirely created by Ganon.

Fierce Deity Link is definitely a form of Link, though.

Phantom Ganon is even named in a way that makes him better separated. Despite being a straight clone of Ganondorf, he's named after Ganon, a monstrous form. He's more like Dark Link, a separate person but a clone of a particular character. Clones are not actual forms of a character, but different people with the way they're made. A form is nothing more than a transformation. And yes, a version of a character is just a transformaiton or form.

Phantom Ganon has always been a different person. Calling him a version of Ganon is misleading towards what the whole point behind him is. That, and he does not wield a Triforce in any way, so your core point is entirely incorrect. Sheik does. Fierce Deity Link does. Young Link does. Toon Link(eventually) does. Zelda does. Ganondorf does. OOT Link(well, all his adult forms) does. Likewise, Dark Link doesn't have a Triforce in any form either, so he wouldn't be a Triforce wielder anyway.

You're presenting the argument in a nonsensical way. The problem isn't they're Triforce wielders. It's that they never branched off from forms that Ganondorf/Link/Zelda have taken. But also they have never used a character in Smash that isn't related to a particular Triforce wielder. I'm aware of what you're trying to say in the end, but anyone who knows Zelda lore knows there's a difference between a Triforce wielder and versions of characters who own a Triforce. They're very different things as is.

Re:Mix managed to add a Zelda character who isn't a Triforce user, and that's pretty damn cool. Phantom Ganon is a nice unique standout as is, especially as he's extremely different from Ganondorf beyond sharing one move and a general bodyshape. A lot of the in-series clones tend to be rather similar, in most of their abilities(at most lacking unique items), but Phantom Ganon always stuck out as having a weapon Ganondorf doesn't have in the game(whether it's a design difference or a fairly different version of a type of weapon).

Phantom Ganon first used a specialized Trident that is nothing like Ganon's(justified in he doesn't have that Trident in the storyline so can't create a copy of it), then in his next appearances, he used a Zwiehander, a special huge sword(similar to the one via the Tech Demo). Ganondorf doesn't have any weapons in OOT(bar a knife on his person) and two special swords in his Ganon form. In WW, Phantom Ganon uses a one-handed special sword, while Ganondorf eventually pulls out two kitana. Overall, despite being a canon clone of Ganondorf(something that's kind of awkward with Dark Link since there's multiple ones, and they're not all actual clones of the current Link but summoned ones that look and act like him through magic), they're super different.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Phantom Ganon is not a form of Ganon. He's a different person entirely created by Ganon.

Fierce Deity Link is definitely a form of Link, though.

Phantom Ganon is even named in a way that makes him better separated. Despite being a straight clone of Ganondorf, he's named after Ganon, a monstrous form. He's more like Dark Link, a separate person but a clone of a particular character. Clones are not actual forms of a character, but different people with the way they're made. A form is nothing more than a transformation. And yes, a version of a character is just a transformaiton or form.

Phantom Ganon has always been a different person. Calling him a version of Ganon is misleading towards what the whole point behind him is. That, and he does not wield a Triforce in any way, so your core point is entirely incorrect. Sheik does. Fierce Deity Link does. Young Link does. Toon Link(eventually) does. Zelda does. Ganondorf does. OOT Link(well, all his adult forms) does. Likewise, Dark Link doesn't have a Triforce in any form either, so he wouldn't be a Triforce wielder anyway.

You're presenting the argument in a nonsensical way. The problem isn't they're Triforce wielders. It's that they never branched off from forms that Ganondorf/Link/Zelda have taken. But also they have never used a character in Smash that isn't related to a particular Triforce wielder. I'm aware of what you're trying to say in the end, but anyone who knows Zelda lore knows there's a difference between a Triforce wielder and versions of characters who own a Triforce. They're very different things as is.

Re:Mix managed to add a Zelda character who isn't a Triforce user, and that's pretty damn cool. Phantom Ganon is a nice unique standout as is, especially as he's extremely different from Ganondorf beyond sharing one move and a general bodyshape. A lot of the in-series clones tend to be rather similar, in most of their abilities(at most lacking unique items), but Phantom Ganon always stuck out as having a weapon Ganondorf doesn't have in the game(whether it's a design difference or a fairly different version of a type of weapon).

Phantom Ganon first used a specialized Trident that is nothing like Ganon's(justified in he doesn't have that Trident in the storyline so can't create a copy of it), then in his next appearances, he used a Zwiehander, a special huge sword(similar to the one via the Tech Demo). Ganondorf doesn't have any weapons in OOT(bar a knife on his person) and two special swords in his Ganon form. In WW, Phantom Ganon uses a one-handed special sword, while Ganondorf eventually pulls out two kitana. Overall, despite being a canon clone of Ganondorf(something that's kind of awkward with Dark Link since there's multiple ones, and they're not all actual clones of the current Link but summoned ones that look and act like him through magic), they're super different.
ok I feel like your leaning too much into specifics

Phantom Ganon literally has Ganon in the name, lore be damned

Triforce Wielders is just a faster way of saying the problem

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
In summary, this Roster is Brawl era smash speculation personified and I hate it.
........I don't see it, tbh.

Like sure, there's a few picks there that were popular during the Brawl era as far as I know, but most of the picks you deride are just random in general and not emblematic of any specific period in Smash spec history.

I technically wasn't there for Brawl spec, but I have done a lot of digging in old threads for fun, research and inspiration for "what if Brawl had more characters?" rosters (which clearly makes me a professional on the topic :yeahboi:), and from what I've learned at least, it kinda feels like some people have this warped perception of Brawl spec as just being a catch-all for random dumb picks, when that's really not true at all. It still had its own discernible trends and patterns, just like Smash 4 spec, and just like Ultimate spec. I know I didn't see no Vectorman or Squall in any of these threads!

If I'm to be completely honest? Kinda feels like this weird spread of the idea that Brawl spec was just this random wild west of Vectorman is often born from an attempt to push this narrative of "haha aren't we so much better now? Weren't they so close-minded back then?". Which **** man, you're free to think that, but don't go around potraying older spec seasons as "the days where Knuckle Joe was as popular as Crash is now" for the sake of a narrative :V

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Somehow I recognize everything, here are all the issues i have with it

issue 1: PEASE DEAR GOD DONKEY KONG ISN'T MARIO, SEPERATE THE FRANCHISES.... PLEASE!!!
issue 2: please remove half of those links, we don't need 4
issue 3: why is zero separate from the rest of the third party's and why is the megaman rep not... megaman or X (who's basically megaman 2.0 anyway)
issue: 4: knuckle joe being in before dark matter or magalor would be upsetting
issue 5: they add 3 new FE reps..... and every one of them has a sword, listen I like sword fighters but FE need's more variaty
issue 6: I love pikmin, we don't need 3 pikmin captain who all do the same thing, maybe there's a case 4 Louie as he could ride the titan dweevil but still.. idk
issue ?: Weird there's a blank spot next to Sans..... wait a minute..................... Sans?
issue 7: I hate how Sans is separate from the third party' and he's beside Ness of all places.
Issue 8: Mother has more characters than it has games, 2 is already pushing it we don't need 4
issue 9: Metal Face? over any other more important character?
issue10: oh my god I think sonic deserves a second character because of what it did in the past but 5 is way too much.
issue 11: It's not like sega has more than 2 alive franchises anyway. puyo puyo? irrelevant, vectorman is truly sega's icon that we've been missing.
issue 12: why is street fighter separate from zero? this actually hurts.
issue 13: uhh.... Sol Badguy? is that you?
Issue 14: Forget about Tidus, Vivi or Terra 8 was actually the best Finale Fantasy game ever made, and need's more representation than trash like 6, 9 and 10
issue 15: and here are 2 1st party Nintendo characters after the wave of thirds party's sans Sans, Zero and Pac-Man for some reason.

In summary, this Roster is Brawl era smash speculation personified and I hate it.
I don't think this is particularly Brawl. I think it just shjows the difference between how a speculator sees Smash (they need to be deserving) and how a modder sees smash (wow wouldn't it be cool if Nu-13 was playable i'm gonna do that).

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
ok I feel like your leaning too much into specifics

Phantom Ganon literally has Ganon in the name, lore be damned

Triforce Wielders is just a faster way of saying the problem
They have a non-Triforce wielder playable, so clearly the problem is badly being presented. It’s not faster. It’s simply being wrong. Lore always matters since we’re talking about actual characters here.

Triforce Wielders is a different argument entirely from Variations On An Existing Character. If you’re going to call out Phantom Ganon being used, at least don’t treat him like something he’s not. He’s not nor ever been a Triforce Wielder so your argument is going to be incorrect. That’s the flaw in it. Using incorrect terms weakens your argument to begin with. There is no shortcut for a proper point being made.

If you're going to use a very clear term(we all know what Triforce Wielder means), it should actually be correct. But you're saying something incorrect to complain about the roster. Your point isn't entirely bad in itself, but it's being said in a way that is confusing. The reality is the reason people complain about the lack of non-Triforce Wielders is because they actually care about the characters and who they are too. This is important to the Zelda fans. That's why Ganondorf has been complained about, because he uses a lot of non-canon stuff. Links are complained about due to a lack of variety in their Specials(they do play fairly differently, but they share most of the same animations). The characters and who they are are actually relevant to the fans. So using a misleading term doesn't do anything to make your point well. That, and I said before, there is no shortcut to make a good point. Just make the point properly so people get what you mean more consistently.

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
They have a non-Triforce wielder playable, so clearly the problem is badly being presented. It’s not faster. It’s simply being wrong. Lore always matters since we’re talking about actual characters here.

Triforce Wielders is a different argument entirely from Variations On An Existing Character. If you’re going to call out Phantom Ganon being used, at least don’t treat him like something he’s not. He’s not nor ever been a Triforce Wielder so your argument is going to be incorrect. That’s the flaw in it. Using incorrect terms weakens your argument to begin with. There is no shortcut for a proper point being made.
ok you are caring WAY too much about specifics.

the problem is that all the Zelda characters sre versions of Link, Zelda or Ganondorf, all of which are Triforce Wielders. I generally like to keep my posts rather short and I don't think about it too hard, so I just say Triforce Wielders.

If you're going to use a very clear term(we all know what Triforce Wielder means), it should actually be correct. But you're saying something incorrect to complain about the roster. Your point isn't entirely bad in itself, but it's being said in a way that is confusing. The reality is the reason people complain about the lack of non-Triforce Wielders is because they actually care about the characters and who they are too. This is important to the Zelda fans. That's why Ganondorf has been complained about, because he uses a lot of non-canon stuff. Links are complained about due to a lack of variety in their Specials(they do play fairly differently, but they share most of the same animations). The characters and who they are are actually relevant to the fans. So using a misleading term doesn't do anything to make your point well. That, and I said before, there is no shortcut to make a good point. Just make the point properly so people get what you mean more consistently.
ok but, it isn't confusing, everyone understands what I mean.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
ok you are caring WAY too much about specifics.

the problem is that all the Zelda characters sre versions of Link, Zelda or Ganondorf, all of which are Triforce Wielders. I generally like to keep my posts rather short and I don't think about it too hard, so I just say Triforce Wielders.

ok but, it isn't confusing, everyone understands what I mean.
I'm not going to stop being specific either way. Because that absolutely matters when talking about characters being in Smash.

There's no reason to "keep your posts short". You should always try to be clear and concise while not being too long. Everybody who knows who Phantom Ganon is knows he's not a wielder of the Triforce anyway. He's actually a recurring and well known Zelda series boss that has his own lore and specific details that separates him from Ganon/Dorf by quite a bit.

Now if we were talking about his chances, I honestly don't see him as possible at this point. The fact he's a non-Triforce Wielder does matter, but not even the bestial version of Ganon can show up as more than a boss, and not even his original Moblin-style form either from the 2D games), nor is he actually an important character in any game. He's just a cool boss and the only character based upon Ganondorf/Ganon's forms who is purely magical. Ganondorf nor Ganon have only been magical or physical as is(Smash does technically show this factor, but only loosely).

I'm not going to stop being specific either way. Because that absolutely matters when talking about characters being in Smash.

There's no reason to "keep your posts short". You should always try to be clear and concise while not being too long. Everybody who knows who Phantom Ganon is knows he's not a wielder of the Triforce anyway. He's actually a recurring and well known Zelda series boss that has his own lore and specific details that separates him from Ganon/Dorf by quite a bit.

Now if we were talking about his chances, I honestly don't see him as possible at this point. The fact he's a non-Triforce Wielder does matter, but not even the bestial version of Ganon can show up as more than a boss, and not even his original Moblin-style form either from the 2D games), nor is he actually an important character in any game. He's just a cool boss and the only character based upon Ganondorf/Ganon's forms who is purely magical. Ganondorf nor Ganon have only been magical or physical as is(Smash does technically show this factor, but only loosely).
To be fair, Phantom Ganon is tied to Ganon by the hip. They aren't the same, but they are close enough that they are easily confused by a lot of people. It doesn't help that Phantom Ganon tends to have a lot of similarities to older versions of Pig Ganon in terms of attack patterns.

I'd be careful with words like variation and version and form. They aren't very specific in most people's consciousness. I know I had some trouble understanding your first post because of that. Keep in mind that some terms mean a different thing entirely when talking about a fighting game vs other contexts. Words like clone specifically have a very different context, as I'm sure you're aware. Stuff like gameplay can override lore, too. In a lot of people's minds, Phantom Ganon is another version of Ganondorf because of visuals and similar abilities. As a comparison, people might say Roy is another version of Marth, since their animations are similar and Roy was a gameplay clone in his Smash conception.

I was an English major. I get it. Words are important, but effective communication is more important, and all the correct wordage in the world won't matter if you aren't willing to meet your reader where they are at. Sometimes people don't want to get nitty-gritty. Sometimes people don't want to get sloppy. In this case, I think there's a bit of miscommunication going on in both sides of the argument. Otoad64 Otoad64 seems to want side characters like Midna or Skull Kid, if I'm understanding correctly. Meanwhile, you are taking the stance that Phantom Ganon isn't one of the main three. Neither one of you is getting at the other's main concern, and you won't because neither of you is willing to move your conversation style to the middle. If you two still want to cling to your respective ways of thinking about the topic, I would recommend dropping it. Otherwise, the whole line of conversation will be pointless.

Last edited:

Shado-will

Smash Journeyman
Issue 14: Forget about Tidus, Vivi or Terra 8 was actually the best Finale Fantasy game ever made, and need's more representation than trash like 6, 9 and 10
FF8 is such a good game that doesn't deserve a lot of the flak it gets. I really enjoyed it; it's probably in my top 5 favorite games in the series. I sincerely doubt we will ever get another Final Fantasy character in future Smash games but if we do, I think Squall has a decent enough chance. With how popular Kingdom Hearts is, he is fairly recognizable since he is one of the most recurring Final Fantasy characters in the series. I feel like people tend to overlook him as a potential non-FF7 rep in favor of characters like Terra. Also, the music in 8 is so good and I would be ecstatic to hear it in Smash. Sadly though, all Square seems to care about is FF7 and probably will for a long time.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
People talkin' about how FFVIII should be represented in Smash when I'm just here wanting any references to ANY games besides FFVII...
I lowkey want Saber’s Edge from Final Fantasy XIII as a song in smash. Divisive as that game was you can’t deny that song was a banger

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
To be fair, Phantom Ganon is tied to Ganon by the hip. They aren't the same, but they are close enough that they are easily confused by a lot of people. It doesn't help that Phantom Ganon tends to have a lot of similarities to older versions of Pig Ganon in terms of attack patterns.

I'd be careful with words like variation and version and form. They aren't very specific in most people's consciousness. I know I had some trouble understanding your first post because of that. Keep in mind that some terms mean a different thing entirely when talking about a fighting game vs other contexts. Words like clone specifically have a very different context, as I'm sure you're aware. Stuff like gameplay can override lore, too. In a lot of people's minds, Phantom Ganon is another version of Ganondorf because of visuals and similar abilities. As a comparison, people might say Roy is another version of Marth, since their animations are similar and Roy was a gameplay clone in his Smash conception.

I was an English major. I get it. Words are important, but effective communication is more important, and all the correct wordage in the world won't matter if you aren't willing to meet your reader where they are at. Sometimes people don't want to get nitty-gritty. Sometimes people don't want to get sloppy. In this case, I think there's a bit of miscommunication going on in both sides of the argument. Otoad64 Otoad64 seems to want side characters like Midna or Skull Kid, if I'm understanding correctly. Meanwhile, you are taking the stance that Phantom Ganon isn't one of the main three. Neither one of you is getting at the other's main concern, and you won't because neither of you is willing to move your conversation style to the middle. If you two still want to cling to your respective ways of thinking about the topic, I would recommend dropping it. Otherwise, the whole line of conversation will be pointless.
Yes, he isn't one of the main three. Period. He's a different unrelated character, who isn't even a gameplay clone(unlike Dark Link) and works entirely differently. He's not a Triforce Wielder, and calling him that is wrong. The only stance to take at this point is "Oh, my bad, I thought he was" if you wanted to better your argument.

I'm going to end it here, but I refuse to budge on this no matter what. Don't use completely incorrect statements as character descriptors if you can help it. It's easy to make that error, and I don't blame him for that. But when you refuse to actually correct yourself despite being hard proven wrong, and making poor excuses? Just no. There is no excuse for using blatantly wrong terminology intentionally. Hell, this isn't like 4th party, since that's a fanterm with a meaning that is 100% clear. This is like calling a sheep a cow at this point. They're both animals, but are not the same thing. Best analogy I can think of at this point.

---------

And he's not really tied at the hip as much as you say he is. He is a similar design in the first two appearances, is barely explained in WW either(apparently he's created by Ganondorf... again. It's unclear if he was brought back from being Banished or not, but seeing his new bodyshape, he's likely a new clone). Now, these two games have him just as a summon from Ganondorf. That's decent. Then FSA, a core game, appears. Phantom Ganon is no longer made in Ganondorf's image, the point behind him being a clone. He's the WW one as a sprite. The Ganondorf in FSA is a reincarnation of the TP one, and he only appears in regular Ganon form. They have zero ties in this game, and I won't lie; they aren't much tied beyond a master and minion. There's even multiple Phantom Ganon in FSA, due to being able to make clones(as he's basically rehashing Agnahim's fight moreso). The first PG in FSA is even a fake, which is saying something. Though that said, he has no actual explanation and just exists there. He might've been made by Vaati or something(we are told that Shadow Link is created by Ganon, but that's it. Unrelated to the Dark Links throughout the 3D era or Link's Shadow in Zelda II, but obviously meant to be the same take on the character. Much like how there's more than one unique Link as is).

The last Phantom Ganon is just the WW one(the actual one, not a reuse of the design) due to timeline shenanigans.

People talkin' about how FFVIII should be represented in Smash when I'm just here wanting any references to ANY games besides FFVII...
The Chocobo Hat is not from FFVII. It's from the Chocobo DS games.

...So we do have it. It's just barely there.

But they just want to mainly represent FFVII. It's sucky, but.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
FF8 is such a good game that doesn't deserve a lot of the flak it gets. I really enjoyed it; it's probably in my top 5 favorite games in the series. I sincerely doubt we will ever get another Final Fantasy character in future Smash games but if we do, I think Squall has a decent enough chance. With how popular Kingdom Hearts is, he is fairly recognizable since he is one of the most recurring Final Fantasy characters in the series. I feel like people tend to overlook him as a potential non-FF7 rep in favor of characters like Terra. Also, the music in 8 is so good and I would be ecstatic to hear it in Smash. Sadly though, all Square seems to care about is FF7 and probably will for a long time.
To be honest outside of Smash when people talks about FF it's usualy about the Playstation ones, with FFVI getting some mentions here and there at best. So I can see why people wanna give some love to I-VI in the context of Smash.

But yeah FFVIII is a great game, not among my favorites in the series but still great. And yeah Squall is a very popular character. I don't think he's going to be in Smash but he's definitely one of the more popular characters in FF.

And as you said, the music is amazing:

VIII might not be one of my fave entries but sure it has some of my top songs in the franchise.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
To be honest outside of Smash when people talks about FF it's usualy about the Playstation ones, and from time to time FFVI gets mentioned. So I can see why people wanna give some love to I-VI.

But yeah FFVIII is a great game, not among my favorites in the series but still great. And yeah Squall is a very popular character. I don't think he's going to be in Smash but he's definitely one of the more popular characters in FF.
Not to mention the majority of the Playstation ones are available on modern systems, while I-VI generally aren't.

Shado-will

Smash Journeyman
Seriously though, I was hoping we would get music or Mii costumes (aside from Chocobo) outside of FF7 when we got Sephiroth but nope, they gave representation to a movie. It's not just Smash too. Please Square, we now have the FF7 remake, an episodic FF7 remake for mobile devices, and a FF7 battle royal all within one year. I don't want to make it seem like I'm complaining about FF7 because I like the game, but Square is milking it so hard right now it's astonishing.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Purple Spirit Event.

[Spirit event] "Purple Spirits, the color of the night before the night" will be held for 3 days from 3/19 (Friday)! During the period, a lot of purple spirits will appear on the spirits board. If you win the battle, you can get additional snacks. #Smash Bros SP

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Purple Spirit Event.

[Spirit event] "Purple Spirits, the color of the night before the night" will be held for 3 days from 3/19 (Friday)! During the period, a lot of purple spirits will appear on the spirits board. If you win the battle, you can get additional snacks. #Smash Bros SP
Also calling that next week will be a MH Rise event that’ll swap out fighters if you own the MonHun costumes

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Seriously though, I was hoping we would get music or Mii costumes (aside from Chocobo) outside of FF7 when we got Sephiroth but nope, they gave representation to a movie. It's not just Smash too. Please Square, we now have the FF7 remake, an episodic FF7 remake for mobile devices, and a FF7 battle royal all within one year. I don't want to make it seem like I'm complaining about FF7 because I like the game, but Square is milking it so hard right now it's astonishing.
I mean the series got popular again like what 24 years later and in that 24 year timeframe they just released a bunch of sequels and spin-off and even the remake were like worked on for almost 5 years and I gotta say if they want to go big with their older series FF7 is like the perfect fit, I mean barely anyone care or even forgot about FF1-6 and FF7 onward have fairly mixed review from their core audience. I'd say FF7 is a good middle ground. They pretty much milked the series while its still hot out of the oven and never again. (this also applied to other entry in the series, can't forget Lightning's face being thrown on a clothing brand)

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Purple Spirit Event.

Missed opportunity for a Spyro Spirit...

GothicSlenderman

Smash Journeyman
While I do love Sephiroth as a fighter it does make me wonder why we don't have another character from the franchise outside of 7 considering how huge and expansive FF is. Warrior of Light from FF1, Leon from FFVIII, Tidus from FFX, Lightning from FFXIII or Noctus from FFXV would be the best choices in my opinion.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Isn’t Revo... kind of a ***** to negotiate for tho

isn’t that why bravely second had a diff composer

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I posted this in Social, but I'll post it here too since you all liked my Mega Man statue.
20210316_203340.jpg

The next one I'm getting is Link, making my three most recent statues the Blue Bomber, the Blue Blur, and the Blue Tunic Hero.

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
While I do love Sephiroth as a fighter it does make me wonder why we don't have another character from the franchise outside of 7 considering how huge and expansive FF is. Warrior of Light from FF1, Leon from FFVIII, Tidus from FFX, Lightning from FFXIII or Noctus from FFXV would be the best choices in my opinion.
terra?

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
So new spirit events do not deconfirm fighters.

Both Pyra and Mythra were also in the "Super Smash Sisters" spirit event.
1615945963125.png

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
That’s a “themed” event though? If it brought new spirits then yeah I’d consider that a deconfirm
To add on to this, I think a spirit event post Min-Min had Min-Min's base game spirit included?

Since Mythra was a base game spirit, the event had her because of her hair being long, which I believe was that event's theme. Thus it wouldn't have factored into her playable status.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom