• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Yeah, it makes sense in that context (besides maybe Ryoma. He seems more like he'd fit a heavy hitter mold better). But doesn't Project M try to have at least some significant differences between characters? That's the thing that confuses me most about it. I know Lyn is built off of Marth in PM, so unless Lucina and Chrom are really different than their Ultimate counterparts, the mod has 6 variations of Marth's moveset. That feels like a lot in a game that's trying not to go the echo route.

I could be mistaken. It's been a long time since I looked at it in any depth. This is probably just something that was made with PM as a base, so less control over every inclusion.
She doesn't seem to have much Marth in her.

...she's actually really sick, I think I'm I'm joining the lyn train

KillerCage

Smash Master
Project M EX Remix, a decently popular Brawl Mod, recently got an update, and it got me thinking: how would speculators feel about the roster of the game?

It's roster has some... odd choices.
I'm surprised that Nu is here instead of Ragna.

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Project M EX Remix, a decently popular Brawl Mod, recently got an update, and it got me thinking: how would speculators feel about the roster of the game?

Questionable choices, yeah. Like, I get putting another Ganondorf in the roster to give him a new more accurate moveset, but was it need to add one more Link and one more Zelda?

And while Zero is sick, having him without Megaman just feels wrong.

And Metal Face. Rather than why, how? Just, how? I'm more curious than anything.

There's other things that have been already pointed out, but otheriwse, I'd say it's alright. Choices like Lyn are really cool in my opinion.

Lyncario

Smash Ace
You know the funny thing about people complaining about Zero being in and not Megaman in that mod?
Yeah, that was the biggest problem I had with MvC3, though otherwise it truly has a fantastical roster, espescialy UMvC3 version, which you can argue is the crossover fighter that represents the companies crossing over the best outside of Megaman's glarring omission.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
That is a lot of Sonic characters...who is that green thing next to joker and colorful anal beads next to the sandbag supposed to be?
**** it, that's the official name of the Fighting Alloys from now on.

UMVC3 had a better roster than MVC2
Fight me.

On a more serious note, I think they're both good rosters. MvC2 has Mega Man, the OC trio and OG Jill, MvC3 has Amaterasu and Phoenix Wright.

If only we had gotten the "Everyone is Here" of MvC instead of Infinite's roster...

7NATOR

Smash Master
I think MVC2 has a good roster as well

I just think UMVC3 has more variety in it's roster in terms of the characters picked. MVC2 is mostly X-Men vs Street Fighter, with other characters. that's still good, but it's just a taste thing and such

And it's a shame MVCI's roster was very bleh. It had some very cool Newcomers like Jedah, Sigma, Monster Hunter, and bringing back Venom and Thanos was very cool. I guess the Marvel Newcomers though are more hit and miss though either in the choice or implementation (why didn't they give Winter Soldier his mask, even as an alt)

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Even beyond the silly guidelines laid down by Disney/Marvel MvC Infinite was more or less the last major vestige of Capcom's dork age period. They had already righted Resident Evil, were about to go huge with Monster Hunter World, and brought Mega Man back the following year. Essentially Marvel vs. Capcom is one of the few major franchises that still needs its big comeback title like the aforementioned games were.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
MvC2 has Servbot. Servbot is very clearly the best and most viable addition to any fighting game ever so of course MvC2 has the best roster.

MvC2 also has Wolverine (Bone) and Wolverine (Claw). Tell me, dear Smashboards user, does your favorite fighting game have TWO freakin' Wolverines?

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
The only issue with that is Nova was in Infinite.

But on the other hand It is weird that Nova isn't in the MCU
There was also Ghost Rider. Ghost Rider did have movies in the past, but that was long before he was in Infinite

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
There was also Ghost Rider. Ghost Rider did have movies in the past, but that was long before he was in Infinite
Ghost Rider is in AoS, which was considered part of the MCU at the time. Also, the Nova Corps were mentioned in Galaxy. You could cut him and insert Scarlet Witch, I guess.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Ghost Rider is in AoS, which was considered part of the MCU at the time. Also, the Nova Corps were mentioned in Galaxy. You could cut him and insert Scarlet Witch, I guess.
Actually Ghost Rider was in Agents Of Shield

Robbie Reyes not Johnny Blaze but it is still Ghost Rider
False, I refuse to believe it. There is no such thing as live action Ghost Rider that doesn’t have Nicholas Cage.

SKX31

Smash Master
I wonder, if they had been honest and called it "Marvel Cinematic Universe VS Capcom", Infinite would've been better received.
I do think that a lot of people would've been at least able to tolerate the smaller roster had it not been for the... well, multitude of other problems. Disaster of a reveal (with X and Cpt. Marvel some of the few highlights) and the artstyle being the two primary ones, because those two defined Infinite's reputation from the get-go.

MvC2 has Servbot. Servbot is very clearly the best and most viable addition to any fighting game ever so of course MvC2 has the best roster.

MvC2 also has Wolverine (Bone) and Wolverine (Claw). Tell me, dear Smashboards user, does your favorite fighting game have TWO freakin' Wolverines?
My favorite fighting game series has two Marios, two (three?) Samuses and three Links (no Link Cable though, which is a shame), so I'm good. Even if Smash lacks everyone's favorite Calgary Flames fan (because of no 4th parties):

RbqLJqJLWwM4tKA-7QzzBx1kX9DqhKkaZnwUCWN0pGM.jpg

:4pacman: (Sorry, couldn't resist as a hockey nut myself.)

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
False, I refuse to believe it. There is no such thing as live action Ghost Rider that doesn’t have Nicholas Cage.
We never see Johnny Blaze's face in Agents of SHIELD, so far all we know, he COULD be Nicolas Cage! (all we know is that a motorcyclist heavily implied to be Johnny Blaze gave the Spirit of Vengeance to Robbie Reyes)

To get this back on topic, who are some newcomers that would fulfill dream match-ups if they were among the last two characters to get into FP2? (ex. Mario vs. Sonic vs. Crash, Dante vs. Bayonetta, Tails vs. Luigi, Bowser vs. Eggman)

Last edited:
We never see Johnny Blaze's face in Agents of SHIELD, so far all we know, he COULD be Nicolas Cage! (all we know is that a motorcyclist heavily implied to be Johnny Blaze gave the Spirit of Vengeance to Robbie Reyes)

To get this back on topic, who are some newcomers that would fulfill dream match-ups if they were among the last two characters to get into FP2? (ex. Mario vs. Sonic vs. Crash, Dante vs. Bayonetta, Tails vs. Luigi, Bowser vs. Eggman)
I don't know that it's a big dream or anything, but Ratchet & Clank going up against team Star Fox would be pretty neat.

SKX31

Smash Master

Mario vs. Kratos vs. Master Chief.

Kratos is really unlikely, but still.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

I ain’t asking for much

Reimu vs Sephiroth so my fanfic headcanon can come true

why those two? Why Reimu in particular? I DON’T HECKIN KNOW! I JUST WANT IT OK.

cashregister9

Smash Hero

Jonesy Vs. Steve because it would be funny. :4pacman:

Sol Badguy Vs. Ryu Vs. Terry . Iconic protagonists of good fighting games.

Last edited:

Pillow

Smash Lord

I think it'd be cool to see...

Master Chief vs Samus
Master Chief/Doomslayer vs ultra weeb character (Reimu/Miku/Haruka)
Dante vs Bayo
Jibanyan v Agumon v Pikachu
Jin Kazama v Ryu v Terry

Eldrake

Smash Lord

Gordon Freeman vs Samus would be a great dream match-up. Orange vs orange. Power suit vs power suit. Sci-fi vs sci-fi. Headcrab vs Metroid.
Or for a more comical match-up, Gordon Freeman vs orange Inkling.

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Two. Dark Samus is a very non-Samus entity that stole Samus' Phazon suit upgrade and used it to survive the encounter with her. Basically, every "Dark Samus" fanart is a case of:
Man I seriously wish Dark Samus was slightly made unique, there is just so much potential to be had. :drshrug:

At least we can rely on mods to show us what could've been....

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
a few I don't recognize

Dr. Luigi and flippin Vectorman

Zero but no Mega

it takes the Triforce only Zelda reps problem to an extreme

but it has Bandana Dee, Toad, Bomberman, boatload of Sonic and Pikimn characters and a couple others I like so it gets a pass from me
Phantom Ganon is a clone of Ganondorf(made by himself). He doesn't have a Triforce. Fierce Deity Link is the opposite(depending if they mean it's Young Link with the mask on or the real Fierce Deity himself).

So it's not exactly correct. I agree it's limited too much, though. That said, MegaMan should've been there too. Zero is more than worthy.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Phantom Ganon is a clone of Ganondorf(made by himself). He doesn't have a Triforce. Fierce Deity Link is the opposite(depending if they mean it's Young Link with the mask on or the real Fierce Deity himself).

So it's not exactly correct. I agree it's limited too much, though. That said, MegaMan should've been there too. Zero is more than worthy.
I meant they are all versions of :ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf:

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace

Somehow I recognize everything, here are all the issues i have with it

issue 1: PEASE DEAR GOD DONKEY KONG ISN'T MARIO, SEPERATE THE FRANCHISES.... PLEASE!!!
issue 2: please remove half of those links, we don't need 4
issue 3: why is zero separate from the rest of the third party's and why is the megaman rep not... megaman or X (who's basically megaman 2.0 anyway)
issue: 4: knuckle joe being in before dark matter or magalor would be upsetting
issue 5: they add 3 new FE reps..... and every one of them has a sword, listen I like sword fighters but FE need's more variaty
issue 6: I love pikmin, we don't need 3 pikmin captain who all do the same thing, maybe there's a case 4 Louie as he could ride the titan dweevil but still.. idk
issue ?: Weird there's a blank spot next to Sans..... wait a minute..................... Sans?
issue 7: I hate how Sans is separate from the third party' and he's beside Ness of all places.
Issue 8: Mother has more characters than it has games, 2 is already pushing it we don't need 4
issue 9: Metal Face? over any other more important character?
issue10: oh my god I think sonic deserves a second character because of what it did in the past but 5 is way too much.
issue 11: It's not like sega has more than 2 alive franchises anyway. puyo puyo? irrelevant, vectorman is truly sega's icon that we've been missing.
issue 12: why is street fighter separate from zero? this actually hurts.
issue 13: uhh.... Sol Badguy? is that you?
Issue 14: Forget about Tidus, Vivi or Terra 8 was actually the best Finale Fantasy game ever made, and need's more representation than trash like 6, 9 and 10
issue 15: and here are 2 1st party Nintendo characters after the wave of thirds party's sans Sans, Zero and Pac-Man for some reason.

In summary, this Roster is Brawl era smash speculation personified and I hate it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom