• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Project M EX Remix, a decently popular Brawl Mod, recently got an update, and it got me thinking: how would speculators feel about the roster of the game?

It's roster has some... odd choices.
Vectorman
Damn, I can't believe they made a modpack for me and only me.

also why the hell is zero in this with no sign of mega man himself

are they really trying to go down the mvc3 route here because no one liked it there either

Last edited:

Pillow

Smash Lord
Project M EX Remix, a decently popular Brawl Mod, recently got an update, and it got me thinking: how would speculators feel about the roster of the game?

That is a lot of Sonic characters...who is that green thing next to joker and colorful anal beads next to the sandbag supposed to be?

That would mean my adorable wickle snookums who's sleeping on the couch doesn't have bean pads but claws and I refuse to accept that reality for he is baby and is literally terrified of birds.

Why in the goddamn is the ArcSys character ****ing Nu?
Because you’re not supposed to have fun playing brawl

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

Elizabeth Bathory from the mobile videogame Fate/Grand Order is the most based choice.
I was about to ask who the pink-haired girl was.

Few oddballs here and there (Nu-13 feels strangely out of place to me lol), but If I'm being honest, what I dislike is the sheer amount of clones and semiclones this game apparently has. It's one thing when the Echo concept was underutilized, but here, they're like a third of the roster.

SharkLord

Smash Hero

Navarre and Knuckle Joe? That's... Interesting.

Anyways I can recognize everyone here pretty easily, with the exception of this one...
1615925075276.png

...And this one
1615925101928.png

From what I can gather, they're supposed to be Elizabeth Bathory and Vectorman... I think?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
That is a lot of Sonic characters...who is that green thing next to joker and colorful anal beads next to the sandbag supposed to be?

Because you’re not supposed to have fun playing brawl
Vectorman and the Fighting Alloy Team from Brawl.

Sir how dare you, Coin Launcher is the literal peak of gaming

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
If you had to pick a Lancer that wasn't Cu Chulainn you could at least have picked Scathach

Vectorman and the Alloys from Brawl

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
That would mean my adorable wickle snookums who's sleeping on the couch doesn't have bean pads but claws and I refuse to accept that reality for he is baby and is literally terrified of birds.

Why in the goddamn is the ArcSys character ****ing Nu?
Apparently Nu-13 (and pink hair girl from Fate) weren't planned to be added, but were put in anyways because someone else made a high quality mod and they might as well put them in. Is Nu-13 unpopular in the fanbase?
Damn, I can't believe they made a modpack for me and only me.

also why the hell is zero in this with no sign of mega man himself

are they really trying to go down the mvc3 route here because no one liked it there either
Apparently they're planning on adding Megaman, but there's not a good megaman yet but there was a good Zero so Zero got added first.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Didn't KOS-MOS Steal her Scythe in Project X Zone 2? I think in that case, if they did add in KOS-MOS in Smash, they could give her Scythe attacks
Nope, KOS-MOS can always use a scythe

It's called F Scythe in Xenosaga. T-ELOS in XB2 uses a Scythe/Axe that is a reference to the Vessels of Anima in Xenosaga though she never uses one in Xenosaga.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Apparently Nu-13 (and pink hair girl from Fate) weren't planned to be added, but were put in anyways because someone else made a high quality mod and they might as well put them in. Is Nu-13 unpopular in the fanbase?

Apparently they're planning on adding Megaman, but there's not a good megaman yet but there was a good Zero so Zero got added first.
I think it's mostly that the expected character was Sol, or at least Ragna, seeing as he's the main character of BlazBlue.

Pillow

Smash Lord
Vectorman and the Fighting Alloy Team from Brawl.

Sir how dare you, Coin Launcher is the literal peak of gaming
Ah.

She’s a stalker like Amy Rose and kind of an obnoxious zoner, so I wouldn’t say she’s super popular

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

Sandbag should've been playable by now tbh, Primid too.

EarthBound is near perfect, just needs Porky.

Pikmin representation is chef's kiss for the most part.

Geno Whirl!

who the heck are this pink-haired girl and that white-haired robot-lookin' dude.

Sans is awesome, would also be cool if with Papyrus though. Frisk & Chara too pls.

Bandana Dee is cool.

Hello, human! It is I...WALUWEEHEE-

TOAD MY MUSHROOM BOI-

Bomberman, Bomberman, mass destruction across the land!

The Golden Sun rises again!

Sonic cast is awesome, just needs Eggman.

Still no Skull Kid, Kamek and Gengar...

also needs Steve, B&K and Tom Nook (I don't expect them to make Steve like how he is in Ultimate since that'd be difficult though lol), as well as the missing Smash 4 and Ultimate crew (I don't expect all of them to get in either, I'd just like most of them).

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Nu's the arcade boss fight in Blazblue iirc, I'd say she's pretty popular but she's so ****ing weird as the first choice. I'd say it's like having Bison over Ryu or Krauser over Terry.

Side note give us Krauser's theme Sakurai it's literally public domain

I'm guessing some of the choices are there because it's a mod and clones are easier to make. Still, three Captain Falcon-esque characters (maybe 4 if Blaziken plays how I suspect it does) seems like a bit much, and I don't entirely see the point gameplay-wise of having both Lyn and Navarre. There's more FE characters than in Ultimate and fewer oddball choices, even when some of the characters present are clearly there because of newer Smash games.

There are some cool individual additions, though. Phantom Ganon is honestly a good choice, though I would want him to be distanced from Ganondorf's moveset and do things like Dead Man's Volley. Zero's in there, which is always a plus, and I think I'm seeing Metal Face, which would be a really cool heavy character if the devs could make him work. Also, Toad and Isaac are here. Good.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I was going to debate this, but then I realized you don’t argue in good faith so nah. 1 and 2 are blatantly wrong, and 3 you can argue against easily due to E3 being a prime time to reveal stuff for smash they could reveal something bigger.
This assumes our next character is getting revealed in June. There is a possibility that an E3 2021-caliber character was never planned and our next reveal could be in April or May.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Flaming
Because a commercial they saw when they were kids told them he was Mario's rival even though he wasn't and his games sucked.

Which is exactly how I want it.

If Smash had 4th Party characters, I wouldn't buy it. Just like none of those characters got me to buy Fortnite.
You do know Fortnite is free to play right, at least the part with the crossover right? Also big words on Crash considering that you seem to not get how marketing works.

But hey, given how awful some of your takes are for smash are it doesn’t surprise me that you tend to not know what you are talking about. Im already bracing for the snarky reply.

This assumes our next character is getting revealed in June. There is a possibility that an E3 2021-caliber character was never planned and our next reveal could be in April or May.
I would lean heavily towards a June reveal. While things have been fast a 3 month gap between a reveal is not out of the question. While May makes sense I doubt we will get anything in April. That is way too soon.

Last edited:

Pillow

Smash Lord
Sandbag should've been playable by now tbh, Primid too.

EarthBound is near perfect, just needs Porky.

Pikmin representation is chef's kiss for the most part.

Geno Whirl!

who the heck are this pink-haired girl and that white-haired robot-lookin' dude.

Sans is awesome, would also be cool if with Papyrus though. Frisk & Chara too pls.

Bandana Dee is cool.

Hello, human! It is I...WALUWEEHEE-

TOAD MY MUSHROOM BOI-

Bomberman, Bomberman, mass destruction across the land!

The Golden Sun rises again!

Still no Skull Kid, Kamek and Gengar...

also needs Steve, B&K and Tom Nook (I don't expect them to make Steve like how he is in Ultimate since that'd be difficult though lol), as well as the missing Smash 4 and Ultimate crew (I don't expect all of them to get in either, I'd just like most of them).
Pink hair is Elizabeth from fate and robot guy is metal face from xenoblade

Nu's the arcade boss fight in Blazblue iirc, I'd say she's pretty popular but she's so ****ing weird as the first choice. I'd say it's like having Bison over Ryu or Krauser over Terry.

Side note give us Krauser's theme Sakurai it's literally public domain
Yeah but this roster also has Elizabeth over Saber and Zero before Megaman. Odd choices all around

ZelDan

Smash Master

Some odd questionable choices for sure. And I don't get why Megaman only has one rep. that said...

-Isaac
-Lyn
-Sans
-Still has most of the third party characters we have in Ultimate (only ones missing are Hero and Banjo I think, both of who I'm indifferent to anyways)
-Still has some most of the first party reps I like too
-The one Megaman rep is Zero who is cool in my books and a character I'd like in Smash

Can't lie I'm pretty down with this roster.

EDIT: Also lol at the SSBU renders for Simon and Richter

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master

Cool my favourite donkey kong character Geno is there
i am wondering when these kind of mods will be brought to ultimate i heard that many of SSB4 and SSBU characters assest were used to bring many of these characters here

RouffWestie

Smash Lord

"Did you finally get the Bowser and Zelda skins you wanted?"
"Yes."
"What did it cost?"
"Everything."
:ultvillager::ultmegaman::ultwiifittrainer::ultrosalina::ultduckhunt::ultkrool::ultisabelle::ultbanjokazooie::ultsteve:

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend

So...
-Doctor Luigi
-Dry Bowser
-Toad
-Waluigi
-Geno
-Fierce Deity Link
-I'm.....assuming Phantom Ganon?
-Toon Zelda
-Blood Falcon
-Black Shadow
-Zero
-Knuckle Joe
-Bandana Dee
-Navarre
-Lyn
-Black Knight
-Isaac
-Blaziken
-Louie
-Elizabeth Bathory
-Sans
-Ninten
-Masked Man
-Metal Face
-Big Boss
-Bomberman
-Tails
-Knuckles
-Shadow
-Metal Sonic
-Yu Narukami
-Vectorman
-Sub-Zero
-Nu-13 from Blazblue
-Squall Leonhart
-The Fighting Alloy Team

Unsurprisingly, some choices confuse me.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Pink hair is Elizabeth from fate and robot guy is metal face from xenoblade

Yeah but this roster also has Elizabeth over Saber and Zero before Megaman. Odd choices all around

Oh I knew Metal Face, I meant the Nu dude or whoever they are, idk where they're from.

I also saw Elizabeth mentioned, I was just making a funny :p

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Cool my favourite donkey kong character Geno is there
i am wondering when these kind of mods will be brought to ultimate i heard that many of SSB4 and SSBU characters assest were used to bring many of these characters here
Realistically? Not for a while. The Wii is much easier to mod and is easy to mess with, while Ultimate Modding is at best in the character skins phase. I wouldn’t expect mods as good as pm for close to 5 years.it also doesn’t help that there might not be enough motivation to move on from Brawl modding. It’s familiar to modders and they can work with it well, why reinvent the wheel for ultimate modding?

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

They still haven't figured out how to reverse engineer Banjo & Kazooie yet they choose Vectorman out of all the Sega characters? Not one thought was given to Axel Stone but yes to a man made out of green balls? Also this roster is full of clones, I'm mad.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Realistically? Not for a while. The Wii is much easier to mod and is easy to mess with, while Ultimate Modding is at best in the character skins phase. I wouldn’t expect mods as good as pm for close to 5 years.it also doesn’t help that there might not be enough motivation to move on from Brawl modding. It’s familiar to modders and they can work with it well, why reinvent the wheel for ultimate modding?
Acrually there were mods with Akuma and Goku posted here a while ago, Akuma had his demon flips and Goku had a mostly unique moveset

7NATOR

Smash Master

I think from the 3rd party side it's better. The only ones missing are Bayonetta, Hero, Banjo, Steve but we do have things like Sub-Zero, Zero, And Tails, Metal, Shadow & Knuckles to make up for it as examples. You also have Sans, Geno, Bomberman, and others. exciting

Edit: Actually I would say it's better and worse at the same time

I do wonder why they didn't add Godzilla though

From the 1st Party Side, I'm not sure how to feel though.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Acrually there were mods with Akuma and Goku posted here a while ago, Akuma had his demon flips and Goku had a mostly unique moveset
Interesting, most of the mods I saw were of skins. Checking those out at a glance the animations are rough but hey, not everything is PM Mewtwo in animations. Still, I think it’s safe to say that Ultimate modding is a far cry from Brawl modding.

Otoad64

Smash Lord

a few I don't recognize

Dr. Luigi and flippin Vectorman

Zero but no Mega

it takes the Triforce only Zelda reps problem to an extreme

but it has Bandana Dee, Toad, Bomberman, boatload of Sonic and Pikimn characters and a couple others I like so it gets a pass from me

Wunderwaft

Smash Master

Out of all the Fate characters you can go for, Elizabeth has to be the most out there pick someone could choose as the solo rep. Give the king his chance.

1511984236444.png

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Interesting, most of the mods I saw were of skins. Checking those out at a glance the animations are rough but hey, not everything is PM Mewtwo in animations. Still, I think it’s safe to say that Ultimate modding is a far cry from Brawl modding.
Oh that's just a fact, Brawl's modding scene is well over a decade old and as others have said, it's easier to crack into. I just think it's funny that I had to point out that Ultimate's modding scene is more advanced that assumed yet for once it's not because of the marshmallow from hell

7NATOR

Smash Master
Forget amount of Sonic characters Smash fan content, how common is it for their to be Sonic OCs in Smash fan content?

Starts having Smash Flash 1 flashbacks
To be honest, I think Smash Flash 1 was really the only example of there being huge presence of Sonic OC's

Usually that's not the case in Brawl mods or other fan games. Maybe you could find skins on Brawl vault, but it's mostly focused on the Existing Sonic characters. I would say the closet examples of Prominent OC was Shadic, who's just a fusion of Sonic and Shadow anyway, and Nazo, in which his design did exist at one time, and even then I don't see them much in Mods like that

Geno Boost

Smash Master
They still haven't figured out how to reverse engineer Banjo & Kazooie yet they choose Vectorman out of all the Sega characters? Not one thought was given to Axel Stone but yes to a man made out of green balls? Also this roster is full of clones, I'm mad.
Vectorman has no future so i am actually glad they did care about him
adding Vectorman is one of few ways he can be preserved in history and not be dead completely

Ivander

Smash Legend
and I don't entirely see the point gameplay-wise of having both Lyn and Navarre. There's more FE characters than in Ultimate and fewer oddball choices, even when some of the characters present are clearly there because of newer Smash games.
I've already mentioned that if Lyn were added and she sticks mainly to her Myrmidon-style gameplay, she would be free real estate for alternate character costumes or Echos of Myrmidon characters from Fire Emblem, like Navarre, Ayra, Marisa, Lon'qu, Shannan, Ryoma, Guy, Owain, Mareeta, Joshua, etc.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

Am I blind or is there Zero but no Megaman?

I actually would be very satisfied overall with this roster.
Knuckle Joe is a surprise, the lack of Duck Hunt is a downer and I don't recognise the pink haired girl but overall this is a pretty fun roster.

warubyun

Smash Apprentice
Using Mansa Musa's Civ IV appearance instead of his Civ VI one? Well, both designs are fine IMHO, so it ain't a huge issue either way.
I quite like his design in VI, but a "philosophy" I try to keep in mind when making things like this is that Civilization - and by extent Firaxis - would, in all likelihood, only get one chance at Smash representation if they were to get any at all. As such I try to include content that spans more of the franchise than just the last two games. I included a track from Beyond Earth (its poor reception notwithstanding) and have since gone looking for suitable tracks from earlier games for the same reason, and it was also this that led me to include the XCOM Squad from V as a Spirit, as a nod to the other well-renowned franchise Firaxis develops. Maybe you could even include a surprise guest track from one of the games, such as the Squad Loadout theme from XCOM 2.

...or maybe it could technically come with accompanying Mii costumes based on the XCOM soldiers' armour.

I've already mentioned that if Lyn were added and she sticks mainly to her Myrmidon-style gameplay, she would be free real estate for alternate character costumes or Echos of Myrmidon characters from Fire Emblem, like Navarre, Ayra, Marisa, Lon'qu, Shannan, Ryoma, Guy, Owain, Mareeta, Joshua, etc.
Yeah, it makes sense in that context (besides maybe Ryoma. He seems more like he'd fit a heavy hitter mold better). But doesn't Project M try to have at least some significant differences between characters? That's the thing that confuses me most about it. I know Lyn is built off of Marth in PM, so unless Lucina and Chrom are really different than their Ultimate counterparts, the mod has 6 variations of Marth's moveset. That feels like a lot in a game that's trying not to go the echo route.

I could be mistaken. It's been a long time since I looked at it in any depth. This is probably just something that was made with PM as a base, so less control over every inclusion.

Edit: Okay, so I looked up some video, and some major editing's been done since the last time I saw the mod. Lucina and Chrom are very much their Ultimate selves, and Lyn is really unique. I can't find a single video on Navarre, though. Nobody seems to care about him in that mod.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom