• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm thinking if we can't get any SMT with Persona, other Rare content with Banjo, or anything apart from 7 with Sephiroth (Chocobo notwithstanding), Spyro wouldn't be destined to show up with Crash. We didn't even get any X content with Pyra & Mythra.

And I know Terry came with a bunch of ****, but I see Activision charging a bit more than the $5 it cost to license all that SNK stuff.

Eh crash is a middling character, and by that I mean it would be the only character out of every single character in smash history to disappoint me.

however the amount of character in the game -1/ the amount of characters in the game is still a really good ratio.

also don't care about master cheif or sora, i only like basically JRPG characters exclusively.

if i was in charge of smash everyone would be anime swordspeople.
Well thank goodness you're not, because even with distinct movesets, there's something to be said for variety.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
What the hell they gave Arthur a Spirit? Is the first time a Mii costume brought a Spirit with them cause I don't remember this happening before
Ghosts and Goblins got a new game on Switch.
I had it pre-ordered because I'm a nostalgic nerd.

Pillow

Smash Lord
Crash Bandicoot was a lot more than just decently well-recieved in Japan, I would say Japanese reception was equal to, or in some ways even greater than, Western reception.
I wouldn’t go that far. I’d say he’s about as well known over there as Dragon Quest is over here.

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
I'm thinking if we can't get any SMT with Persona, other Rare content with Banjo, or anything apart from 7 with Sephiroth (Chocobo notwithstanding), Spyro wouldn't be destined to show up with Crash. We didn't even get any X content with Pyra & Mythra.

And I know Terry came with a bunch of ****, but I see Activision charging a bit more than the $5 it cost to license all that SNK stuff.

Well thank goodness you're not, because even with distinct movesets, there's something to be said for variety.
Yeah i can agree, i shouldn't be in charge, the world isn't ready for edgy mario with sword.

also who are the seven squares? i've asked this question like 50 times in this thread, i still don't know who they are.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
What the hell they gave Arthur a Spirit? Is the first time a Mii costume brought a Spirit with them cause I don't remember this happening before
The Spirit isn't for owning the Mii, it's for owning Ghosts 'N Goblins Resurrection.

They did the same thing with Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee back in the day.

Last edited:

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
Yeah i can agree, i shouldn't be in charge, the world isn't ready for edgy mario with sword.

also who are the seven squares? i've asked this question like 50 times in this thread, i still don't know who they are.
actually im gonna make my ideal smash roster using the slot's of ultimate, i'll post it here later, i don't think i suck at making rosters that bad.

There's actually only six squares, one's a rhombus is
There's actually only six squares, one's a rhombus is disguise.
ahh i get it now, that must be sora.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Eh crash is a middling character, and by that I mean it would be the only character out of every single character in smash history to disappoint me.

however the amount of character in the game -1/ the amount of characters in the game is still a really good ratio.

also don't care about master cheif or sora, i only like basically JRPG characters exclusively.

Same, but for Cartoony Mascots.
If I were in charge, we'd have 10 Sonic characters, Toad, Toadette, Waluigi, Paper Mario, King Boo, Geno, Frogger, Earthworm Jim, Q*Bert, Bomberman, Crash, Coco, Crunch, Tawna, Dingodile, Cortex, Nina, Spyro, Hunter, Cynder, Gnasty Gnorc, Ripto, Ms. Pac-Man, Rayman, Globox, Barbara, Shovel Knight, Super Meatboy, Arthur, Proto Man, Bass, Dr. Wily, X, Zero, Sigma, Quote, Bandana Dee, Conker...

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
He’s pretty much the successor to Banjo Kazooie in terms of Smash speculation, though he feels more inevitable than Banjo ever did. After Crash, the western platformer fans will flock to idk, Rayman or Ratchet&Clank.
That's the way I see it too. I've seen most people pretty much call Crash Bandicoot "Banjo-Kazooie 2.0" because of the aesthetics and moveset style too.

But Crash Bandicoot has the advantage of having a more iconic status and legacy than Banjo-Kazooie has ever had, He would also have a bigger and broader reaction outside of just the Nintendo/Smash audience.

Last edited:

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
Same, but for Cartoony Mascots.
If I were in charge, we'd have 10 Sonic characters, Toad, Toadette, Waluigi, Paper Mario, King Boo, Geno, Frogger, Earthworm Jim, Q*Bert, Bomberman, Crash, Coco, Crunch, Tawna, Dingodile, Cortex, Nina, Spyro, Hunter, Cynder, Gnasty Gnorc, Ripto, Ms. Pac-Man, Rayman, Globox, Barbara, Shovel Knight, Super Meatboy, Arthur, Proto Man, Bass, Dr. Wily, X, Zero, Sigma, Quote, Bandana Dee, Conker...
i encourage you to make your ideal roster too, actually that would be pretty fun, i'd like to see the differences in everybody's roster (echoes count has to be the same)

Pillow

Smash Lord
Just saying guys, Shin Megami Tensei is still technically not dead yet.

View attachment 306016
:044:

also don't care about master cheif or sora

Umm...something doesn’t add up here :079:

That's the way I see it too. I've seen most people pretty much call Crash Bandicoot "Banjo-Kazooie 2.0" because of the aesthetics and moveset style too.

But Crash Bandicoot has the advantage of having a more iconic status and legacy than Banjo-Kazooie has ever had, He would also have a bigger and broader reaction outside of just the Nintendo/Smash audience.
Yeah, the thing about Banjo though, is he was sort of carried by large fan demand that lasted over several Smash titles, so legacy and whatnot didn’t really effect him too much. While Crash has a much longer history, the fan demand is less high and more recent.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
It's a very niche title.

Mostly on account of the fact that it is REALLY. REALLY. HARD.
Only if you play it on the default(hardest) difficulty.

And even then, a huge frustration of the old games is gone, because it has unlimited lives like Shovel Knight. And unlimited lives means no continuing. Which means no limited continues! So no having to restart the game after dying a few times.

And yeah, it's still really hard. But lower difficulties give you more hits and more checkpoints.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
He’s pretty much the successor to Banjo Kazooie in terms of Smash speculation, though he feels more inevitable than Banjo ever did. After Crash, the western platformer fans will flock to idk, Rayman or Ratchet&Clank.
After Crash, I'm on to Spyro. But Rayman, Toad, Tails, and Knuckles are my next picks.
But if Sony ever DOES get into Smash Bros., I'd be happy to support Jak & Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, Sackboy, and Sly Cooper. Maybe even that ******* Knack.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Only if you play it on the default(hardest) difficulty.

And even then, a huge frustration of the old games is gone, because it has unlimited lives like Shovel Knight. And unlimited lives means no continuing. Which means no limited continues! So no having to restart the game after dying a few times.

And yeah, it's still really hard. But lower difficulties give you more hits and more checkpoints.
You'd think a game from the arcade days with archaic game design would try to screw you over with lives. Then again the NES game was merciful with unlimited continues

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I thought it was Mii Swordfighter instead of Link for Hero.

Lets see.... The Glitches/Bases for Each Character

:ultpiranha: = :ultbowserjr: (Due to certain moves still being in the files that matched Bowser Jr)
:ultjoker: = ??? (Honestly do not remember, but it wouldnt surprise me if it was Sheik)
:ulthero: = :ultswordfighter: (It might have been Link, but I remember there was a Glitch with both Mii Swords and Duck Hunt around that time.
:ultbanjokazooie: = :ultduckhunt:(Seems Self Explanatory)
:ult_terry: = :ultryu::ultken: (I dont remember the specifics, but they make they make the most sense)
:ultbyleth: = :ultsimon::ultrichter: (There were things about their Whips Glitching which lined up with Byleths moves)
:ultminmin = :ultbayonetta: (With her Summoning being Glitched, thats what got people with her.)
:ultsteve: = :ultdaisy: (Not as confident, but she had some glitches, and since the Turnip can line up with the mining, it adds up)
:ultsephiroth: = ??? (I dont remember for sure, but I seem to remember something with Marth?)
And According to you Pyra and Mythra had a glitch with the Ice Climbers.
Might be a late response, but I just want to debunk this notion real quick. Mainly because it misrepresents how the game works. There's no way these glitches point towards new characters because the game has no way of "distinguishing" what DLC character is based on an existing one. To the game, it only knows Link is Link... and Plant is Plant. Plant might share some stuff from Bowser Jr. or Min-Min might share some stuff from Falcon, but the game has no idea about that.

Now, you could assume that through updates, some modified files for new characters are "seemingly" left over in older fighters in future updates, but I do find this assumption to not really stand on anything mainly because of QA testing that is involved in moveset edits like that. So I just personally find the likelihood of that extremely low imo.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
You'd think a game from the arcade days with archaic game design would try to screw you over with lives. Then again the NES game was merciful with unlimited continues
It's weird. I hate stressful situations irl. Not even gonna mention the **** I've been through.
But ironically, I like video games that absolutely bust my balls with difficulty. I guess I like the feeling of triumph.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's a list of names Vergeben had heard would be the Square character (who would turn out to be Hero) back before launch, but he wasn't confident enough to endorse a single candidate.

On it were Erdrick, Luminary, Slime, Geno, Sephiroth, Sora and Crono.

People think it's worth reading into, because 6/7 can be tied to Smash in some way. I do not share that opinion, as the names did not come from a single source, but rather many different people, meaning the validity of one has no bearing on the validity of others.

It ought to be treated as seven different claims. And we've seen from many a fake leak that it's entirely possible to make a single correct guess. The most benefit of the doubt I'd give it is maybe the Hero claims were accurate. Maybe.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
i encourage you to make your ideal roster too, actually that would be pretty fun, i'd like to see the differences in everybody's roster
Everyone we have now, plus:

Playable Fighters
  1. Ryu Hayabusa [Ninja Gaiden]
  2. Bill Rizer/Lance Bean [Contra]
  3. Arthur [Ghosts ‘n Goblins]
  4. Kunio/Riki [River City]
  5. SV-001 Metal Slug [Metal Slug]
  6. Bub/Bob [Bubble Bobble]
  7. Shantae [Shantae]
  8. Jill Valentine [Resident Evil]
  9. Morrigan [Darkstalkers]
  10. Kazuma Kiryu [Yakuza]
  11. Nightmare [Soul Calibur]
  12. Viewtiful Joe [Viewtiful Joe]
  13. Amaterasu [Okami]
  14. Dante [Devil May Cry]
  15. Mike Haggar [Final Fight]
  16. Strider Hiryu [Strider]
  17. Nakoruru [Samurai Shodown]
  18. Goemon/Ebisumaru [Legend of the Mystical Ninja]
  19. Crono [Chrono Trigger]
  20. Nathan Spencer [Bionic Commando]
  21. Rash/Zitz [Battletoads]
  22. Heihachi [Tekken]
  23. Phoenix Wright [Ace Attorney]
  24. Bomberman [Bomberman]
  25. Captain Toad/Toadette [Treasure Tracker]
  26. King Hippo [Punch-Out]
  27. Firebrand [Gargoyle’s Quest]
  28. Zero [Mega Man X]
  29. Alucard [Castlevania]
  30. Raiden [Metal Gear]
  31. Mii Mage
Echo Fighters

10e. Ninten [Ness]
11e. Black Shadow [Captain Falcon]
16e. Impa [Sheik]
27e. Galacta Knight [Meta Knight]
31e. Liquid Snake [Snake]
32e. Black Knight [Ike]
35e. Charizard [Pokemon Trainer]
36e. Dixie Kong [Diddy Kong]
38e. Shadow [Sonic]
46e. Bass [Megaman]
61e. Zack [Cloud]
63e. Jeanne [Bayonetta]
64e. Octolings [Inklings]

Shroob

Sup?
Ya know what?

Even though I've never once touched Xenoblade 2.... I think this has to be my favorite challenger pack of FP2 soo far.

Pyra/Mythra are EXTREMELY fun to play, and the stage is amazing. The fact that it ****ing talks is, well, I'm sure it'll get annoying eventually, but it's just... new. We've never had a stage have personality like this before.

Sephiroth may have gotten me the most excited, and brought a lot of (needed)content with him, but I dunno, maybe it's a close tie between these two.

Though, Steve still brought my favorite song of FP2. Halland/Dalarna is a ****ing banger.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
making cg videos celebrating your character getting in is a sign of low budget you know
Lol, what? How is creating a brand new animation, and getting the VAs to do new lines "low budget". Especially compared to the...nothing everyone else has done?

They're poking fun of people saying that 1st party picks are lazy and cheap, not actually slamming it.
1614929090799.png

To keep Doomguy 100% accurate, all attacks with the Crucible will be one hit KO's
"The Crucible is his Final Smash."

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Ya know what?

Even though I've never once touched Xenoblade 2.... I think this has to be my favorite challenger pack of FP2 soo far.

Pyra/Mythra are EXTREMELY fun to play, and the stage is amazing. The fact that it ****ing talks is, well, I'm sure it'll get annoying eventually, but it's just... new. We've never had a stage have personality like this before.

Sephiroth may have gotten me the most excited, and brought a lot of (needed)content with him, but I dunno, maybe it's a close tie between these two.

Though, Steve still brought my favorite song of FP2. Halland/Dalarna is a ****ing banger.
All the Minecraft songs are fantastic, and they aren’t even in the main game! That being said, I’m slowly falling in love with Cosmo Canyon’s remix as time goes on.

Last edited:

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
so this is the finished roster I made using the exact same amount of characters as ultimate will have

Owned by Nintendo total: 56 fighters

Mario: Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach [daisy], Bowser Jr,Yoshi, Wario. fighters
Donkey Kong: Donkey Kong [Funky Kong], Diddy Kong, King K rool. 3 fighters
Zelda: Link, Zelda, Ganonodorf, Impa, 4 fighters
Pokemon: Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Lucario, Pokemon trainer (charizard, ivysaur greninja) Greninja, Necrozma. 9 fighters
Kirby: Kirby, King Dedede, Meta Knight, Bandana Waddle Dee, 4 fighters
Metroid: Samus [Dark Samus], Ridley, Sylux. 3 fighters
Star Fox: Fox. 1 fighters
F-Zero: Captain Falcon. 1 fighters
Mother: Ness. 1 Fighters
Fire Emblem: Marth, Ike, Robin, Byleth. 4 fighters
Pikmin series: Olimar, [Louie] 1 fighters
Kid Icarus Series: Pit, 1 fighters
Animal Crossing: Villager, Isabelle [Tom Nook]. 2 fighters
Xenoblade: Shulk, Pyra and Mythra (Pyra, Mythra) 3 Fighters
Wii: Wii Fit Trainer, Mii’s. 2 Fighters
Splatoon: Inkling [Octoling]. 1 fighters
ARMS: Min-Min. 1 fighters
Rhythm Heaven: Karate Joe. 1 fighters
Style Savvy: Stylist. 1 fighters
Golden Sun: Issac. 1 fighters
Ring Fit: Ring Fit Trainee. 1 fighters
Retro: R.O.B, Mr. Game & Watch, Duck Hunt. 3 Fighters

Owned by Sega total: 5 fighters

Persona:: Joker 1 fighter
Sonic: Sonic, Dr. Robotnik. 2 fighters
Bayonetta: Bayonetta, [Jeanne]. 1 fighters
Puyo Puyo: Arle Nadga 1 fighters

Owned by Capcom total: 6 fighters

Mega Man: Mega man. 1 fighters
Street Fighter: Ryu, [Ken], Chun-Li. 2 fighters
Monster Hunter: Monster Hunter. 1 fighters
Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright, [Edgeworth]. 1 fighters
Resident evil: Leon Kennedy. 1 fighters

Owned By Konami total: 4 fighters

Metal Gear: Snake, Raiden. 2 fighters
Castlevania: SImon [Trevor]. 1 fighters
Bomberman: Bomberman. 1 fighters

Square-Enix total fighters: 5 fighters

Final Fantasy: Cloud Strife, Sephiroth, Terra. 3 fighters
Dragon Quest: The Hero. 1 fighters.
NieR: 2B, [A2]. 1 fighters

Bandai Namco Owned total: 3

Pac-Man: Pac-Man. 1 fighters
Tales of: Yuri and Repede. 1 fighters
Tekken: Heihachi. 1 fighters

Other total: 3 fighters

Microsoft: (Minecraft) Steve. 1 fighters
Koei Tecmo: (Ninja Gaiden) Ryu Hayabusa. 1 fighters
SNK: (king of fighters) Terry bogard. 1 fighters

Total 82 fighters

k im done, it's late and i should have done this in the morning, i think i didn't do that baad of a job on it though, i had to make some sacrifices.

also the mii character there only uses 1 slot and plays nothing like the mii's we have now, they use tennis racket's, the balance boards and their down smash is the wii safety man spin. with the final smash being deleting all your games data on the wii.

also the reason why raiden is there is mostly cause metal gear was the first 3rdparty i smash so i say it deserves a second character.

Shroob

Sup?
Oh ya

Just dawned on me, but, we still haven't seen the FP2 amiibos.

I wonder how those'll play out in the end. I feel like if FP2 really does end up being the end of the road, they'll have to eventually announce them maybe in a regular Direct(The last few, I mean).

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
i encourage you to make your ideal roster too, actually that would be pretty fun, i'd like to see the differences in everybody's roster (echoes count has to be the same)
Mine wouldn't actually be all that different, just take out Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, Wii Fit Trainer, Bowser Jr, Chrom, Piranha Plant, Terry, Steve, & Sephiroth and replace them with Dixie Kong, Waluigi, Medusa (Kid Icarus), Krystal (Star Fox), Kamek (Yoshi), Blood Falcon (F-Zero)*, Bandanna Waddle Dee, Sora (Kingdom Hearts), Master Chief, & 2B (NieR Automata).
My ideal roster wouldn't just be characters I want in, but ones that could try to please everyone, which I think the Roster, by and large, has done. Of course, I would have some bias, such as most of the ones I listed, aside from Waluigi, Kamek, Blood Falcon, Bandanna Waddle Dee, & Master Chief who I chose to try and please some of those fanbases, add some more reps for certain series (Yoshi & F-Zero), and add some variety as well.

*Blood Falcon is an Echo Choice, of Captain Falcon of course, as a replacement for the Echo, Chrom.

Last edited:

DynoStretch

Smash Cadet
At this point my biggest prediction is a Pokemon from the 8th generation. Nintendo is picking out the pass this time, and with the roster we've seen so far, it's hard not to imagine they'd want at least one to represent the newest main game in the series, especially since we got three new games coming out this year alone. Though my guess is it's going to be fighter number 11...

...and that's cause Fighter 10's looking like it's going to be shown around June, which possibly means a big E3 style Direct presentation like 2018. Crash seems like a safe guess, though I've heard Activision can be tricky and expensive to do licensing agreements with, to the point where Nintendo might not find it worthwhile.

I highly doubt it's gonna be Sora or Master Chief since Square and Microsoft already have reps in this pass, and that would be putting too many eggs in one basket if you catch my drift. If they wanted to acquire another third party, It'd be more worth their while to bring over other company's franchises.

As for the Pokemon rep, it's hard to say. The Pokemon guys seem to love trying to turn various starters into the next Charizard/Lucario, and this gen it's Cinderace. I was expecting Urshifu to get more attention but he seems to be suffering from Zoroark syndrome where he didn't take off like Lucario did. Best case scenario would be if Nintendo either picked a fan favorite or gave Sakurai the OK to add an 8th Gen Pokemon of his own choice.

Personally as a semi-realistic prediction of my own preference, I'd probably want Fighter 10 to be Rayman and Fighter 11 to be Dracovish as a Pokemon rep.

Rayman I picked due to Ubisoft having a pretty good track record with Nintendo over the years, including some crossovers like Starlink and the Mario/Rabbids game. Nintendo even did the publishing for the newer Rayman games in Japan. We got some in-game spirits, as well as the Rabbids and Altiar as DLC costumes, having Rayman as a full-on character doesn't seem that out there.

Dracovish is under the assumption Nintendo lets Sakurai pick whatever Pokemon. Dracovish is pretty popular with the fans due to his OP move Fishous Rend, and he'd have a pretty unique style of battle relaying on kicking and biting. It seems like an off-the-wall choice that Sakurai would pick.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion

Pretty much, we can't have too many 'Anime' reps, we can't have too many 'Cartoony' reps either..a good balance is always key..and like was said of many a Versus game, its good to have a mix of the expected, the popular, and the surprise choices.
I wouldn’t go that far. I’d say he’s about as well known over there as Dragon Quest is over here.
Oh no..Crash Bandicoot was a LOT more popular in Japan than Dragon Quest is over here..its more equivalent to how popular Persona 5 is over here, if anything..
"In terms of unit sales by a foreign-designed game in Japan, the Crash Bandicoot series is the best game ever. Yoshida lists 12 “globally successful [game] products”, and the Crash Bandicoot series is the only non-Japanese product on the list. He reports that the entire 5-game series sold 4.5 million units. Magic Box, a market research service on the Japanese games market, reports that two of the Crash games are #86 and #94 in the list of 155 Platinum (million-selling) games since 1995. These are the top ranked non-Japanese products. Ricciardi describes Crash as “the most notable case in recent memory of a Western game becoming really popular in Japan""
Source
The Spirit isn't for owning the Mii, it's for owning Ghosts 'N Goblins Resurrection.

They did the same thing with Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee back in the day.
Yup, along with that spirit for playing the Dragon Quest XI S demo and now Sophia for Persona 5 Strikers.

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I dunno why we’re still thinking characters like a Gen 8 Pokemon, Ryu Hayabusa, Crash, et cetera are locks when A. We’ve been blindsided way, way more times than we can count, and B. Recent events like the Pokémon tourney this weekend seem to be celebrating the exact things that a fighter would celebrate. No shade intended, just thinking out loud.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I said it a couple pages back, but it got looked over, but these 2 new spirits are something to keep an eye on.

With event spirits, if you miss the events, those tend to be tossed in 'whenever', so it's nothing too interesting. They tend to come in through small bugfix patches, or big patches.

But with promotional spirits, those ones only get their promotional flag removed in BIG patches thus far.

Let's Go P/E came out in November > Smash came out December and had the spirits on launch > They were made available to everyone in Piranha Plant's patch.

Tockles were added in Banjo's patch > They were made available in Terry's patch, and were added to the DQ11s spirit board in the process

So now we have 2 cases where spirits used in promotional means were only added in as obtainable by everyone via major content patches, and TBH, if I were to bet on it, I'm going to take a wager and say that the P5S spirit will be added to the Persona 5 Spirit Board.

The thing to note though, is that these all happened 2 months after they were made available, not counting the month where Smash literally wasn't available while Let's Go P/E were.

In 2 month's time, it's May, a month where I've heard a few people murmur a potential CP10 drop due to how fast CPs have been coming out, and truth be told, with P/M dropping soo early in March, it doesn't seem THAT crazy.... but May is literally right before June, and I'd bet bottom dollar that we're probably getting at least 1 reveal in June so, I'm guessing that they'll probably just hold off until June to make them available.

Last edited:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I have to say Pyra and Mythra are the first disappointment I got on this Pass which is weird since I really don't like Arms, I never played either FF7 or Minecraft, and yet Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is one of my favorite games of all time (alongside the first as well). I like Pyra and Mythra as a character and love the return of transforming characters, but after playing a bit of them I find them dreadfully boring.

Pyra is simply way too strong and laughably slow, her running animation is pathetic, and Mythra is the exact opposite. I get that's the whole intention behind them but balance is way off and I ended up being bored. Also, almost all their moves can be considered basically echo moves of other characters from the entire roster. After Sephiroth which was another sword user but with a few interesting ideas and Min Min / Steve which are simply masterpieces of game design, Pyra & Mythra feel kinda soulless.

Everytime a new DLC character is released everyone says it's too OP or **** like that but this time around I actually think Pyra & Mythra are absolutely a disgrace of balance. If they would be a little closer to one another while still being fundamentally different maybe that would be fixed and maybe I would even have some fun playing as them.

Shroob

Sup?
I have to say Pyra and Mythra are the first disappointment I got on this Pass which is weird since I really don't like Arms, I never played either FF7 or Minecraft, and yet Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is one of my favorite games of all time (alongside the first as well). I like Pyra and Mythra as a character and love the return of transforming characters, but after playing a bit of them I find them dreadfully boring.

Pyra is simply way too strong and laughably slow, her running animation is pathetic, and Mythra is the exact opposite. I get that's the whole intention behind them but balance is way off and I ended up being bored. Also, almost all their moves can be considered basically echo moves of other characters from the entire roster. After Sephiroth which was another sword user but with a few interesting ideas and Min Min / Steve which are simply masterpieces of game design, Pyra & Mythra feel kinda soulless.

Everytime a new DLC character is released everyone says it's too OP or **** like that but this time around I actually think Pyra & Mythra are absolutely a disgrace of balance. If they would be a little closer to one another while still being fundamentally different maybe that would be fixed and maybe I would even have some fun playing as them.
"Min Min"

"Masterpiece of game design"

Pick one.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
"Min Min"

"Masterpiece of game design"

Pick one.
She at least feels different from anyone else on the roster and isn't unbalanced to hell and back.

As of right now it feels all a bunch of "play Mythra, build damage to 70% or around that, change to Pyra, forward smash". The most boring **** I've seen in this game so far.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom