• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Mickey mouse was already refrenced in Brawl if you count that
It was in that arcives menu thst tslked sbout old games. It talked about, I think some old Mickey mouse game and watch games

EDIT,both Mickey and Donald were mentioned in that menu

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
How exactly?
Brawl's Chronicle mode listed a ****ton of Nintendo games, including a Mickey Mouse game. Chronicle mode ****ing sucked lmao, it could have been a way to make people learn about who they were playing as but nope, just a ****ing wikipedia list

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Oh wait I think Epic Mickey came out after Brawl in which case never mind

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Assuming the Lloyd Mii is likely to return with the next fighter. Some potential fighters to look out for as our next.

Nightmare (Soulcalibur)
Ryu Hayabusa
Yuri Lowell

Or perhaps any other JRPG character in general.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Correct.

They're worse than dead;

forgotten
Maya still the best girl of Persona.

Hot take I HATE the name Switch Pro

not only is it trying too hard to copy PS4 Pro, but it’ll also confuse ppl looking for a Switch Pro Controller

rumors in the industry are calling it Super Switch, which I can see happening cause of Nintendo’s affinity for the word “super” (Super Mario, Super Smash Bros etc)
I don't think it's going to be officialy called Switch Pro, unless I missed something.

But for the moment people are calling it Switch Pro for simplicity and because it's easy to understand. That's how I see it.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Maya still the best girl of Persona.

I don't think it's going to be officialy called Switch Pro, unless I missed something.

But for the moment people are calling it Switch Pro for simplicity and because it's easy to understand. That's how I see it.
I do recall ppl called the Switch Lite the “Switch Mini” before the official name was revealed

SKX31

Smash Master
The tidbit about "handheld only and tv-only" SKUs is interesting. If developers start to struggle with 4K, it might be easier for them to do this.

I think we might really see an "All DLC included" version of Ultimate being sold when this Switch Pro comes out. Depending on the timing, it could come just after Volume 2 is finished, so the timing could work. It might even fit with your previous assessment of how it could work for when Ultimate is released in China.
Yeah, that's honestly what I'm thinking with not just China - but also most regions where Nintendo releases their console late in the future. India is a good example since their requirements for releasing a console are also really bloody complex. The Switch doesn't have an official release there and it currently costs a ****ton to buy one imported there because of the roundabouts in the supply chain. Take Splatoon 3 as a hypotheoretical example: they'll release the game and its associated DLC as usual, and if that game gets an official release in a "late-coming" region they'll focus on any Deluxe / Complete Edition to release there.

While Nintendo prefers to look towards its own strategy and are very risk-averse themselves I do think that they'll take note of the PS4 having sold really well in India (half a million is not a bad result for the PS4 in a country where consoles are niche. The Switch is a distant second there it seems).

As was an NBA game. Here's how Shaquille O'Neal can still win...
As someone who bought a used copy of that exact game (Kobe Bryant in NBA Courtside, produced under the short-lived Nintendo Sports brand), man I'd be 100 % okay with a rep. As it currently stands it hypotheoretically would most likely be a 2K rep (even if that's kinda... yeah), And as someone who quickly became a fan of Jordan and his Bulls (okay, Space Jam mainly, it came out on VHS at just the right time for kid me to be 100 % into it) I'd be 100 % okay with MJ - or Barkley / Shaq for that matter (even if, you know, 4th party).

Also, I'm taking this extremely weak excuse to bring this stuff up re: MJ:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/lsbn5g
(RIP Kobe.)

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Guess I'll share my new current prediction on the last two.

JRPG character/Ryu Hayabusa/Yuri Lowell
Crash Bandicoot

Predicting also a double reveal in June/E3 Month which would still consider with the Lloyd Mii returning with the next character.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Brawl's Chronicle mode listed a ****ton of Nintendo games, including a Mickey Mouse game. Chronicle mode ****ing sucked lmao, it could have been a way to make people learn about who they were playing as but nope, just a ****ing wikipedia list
Ok bringing this up again as I just realized something I really want. I want Sakurai to release a book, a web series, ANYTHING, filled with detailed explanations on his design choices for the characters. Like, I want to know what his mentality was when adding idk, Ridley, his thought process on that entire stage of development, we sometimes get explanations on the 'why them?' Part but outside of the Smash 4 design docs, we don't really see that process. Like idk, "Mega Man's a jump and shoot game so it felt wrong to have him primarily punch" and then on how he came to the conclusion that what we got was a good kit. Does he prioritize gameplans or references when initially designing a character? That kind of stuff

Eldrake

Smash Lord
It is so unbelievably funny that this happened. Tougon learns to mod Smash Ultimate for fun, looks into the files for some legitimate info to confirm or disprove several popular theories, and then as a joke makes a very obviously fake "datamine" leak about Homura from Madoka...only for the next character to be named Homura in Japanese...with the codename actually being the same as the joke codename Tougon made.

This has to be up there with 3DS Palutena in terms of absolutely ridiculous fake leak coincidences surely.
One has to wonder if Smash devs ever learned of this joke leak and began to panic, thinking that someone in the dev team actually slipped up and accidentally leaked the next fighter's codename.

D

Deleted member

One has to wonder if Smash devs ever learned of this joke leak and began to panic, thinking that someone in the dev team actually slipped up and accidentally leaked the next fighter's codename.
I highly doubt it, especially sense "flame" is such a generic codename that could be applied to almost anything and the character collectively have three codenames: flame, light, and element.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I highly doubt it, especially sense "flame" is such a generic codename that could be applied to almost anything and the character collectively have three codenames: flame, light, and element.
Whoa wait where’d “element” come from?

I'm sure I'll be right this time!

View attachment 306035
I admire your dedication to Cortez... pretty much all my MWs going into Ult now depend on an announcement of more dlc which... haha good luck of that happening 😭 so I’ve had to settle for ones I’ve picked up along the way like Octoling

D

Deleted member

Whoa wait where’d “element” come from?
Element is used in some instances, such as spirits. All spirits names are formatted as codename_spirit name, so for Sephiroth, it's edge_sephiroth. For Pyra and Mythra, it's element_homura and element_hikari. Element never refers to the fighter directly to my knowledge but it is still an internal codename in the context of the pass.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Interesting... is it anything like PT, who uses four slots in that list (one for each mon and one for the trainer)?

If so, then transformation characters would all have not just a separate name for every form, but also some kinda name to refer to them all collectively in the code. Probably for setting certain parameters.

...Of course, this theory changes jack **** about speculation, but it would be interesting if true.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Saw the costumes. Funny how Monster Hunter was so highly praised as safe and then so brutally murdered. Guess Tales of is still safe, for now anyway.

So new prediction.

81: Ryu Hayabusa
82: Crash Bandicoot
Everyone has been saying this and it's very convenient how everyone is suddenly giving up on Pokemon, or forgetting they exist. It'll end up biting you if you aren't careful.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Jokes on you! I want a Pokémon so that Is a good ending for me!

:jojo:
If it's Rillaboom or anything that isn't a fire starter, I won't really be negative about it. I don't want to hear **** about Cinderace and marketability when they're the same people who said Decidueye was statistically proven to be our next Pokemon character last time.

Some people have been saying Urshifu, which makes sense kind of? It's whoever Nintendo chooses to advertise for the series. Could even be a Galar trainer to mix things up if they so choose. Nintendo does love pushing Sakurai to his programming limits it seems.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Alright I've said my words about the thing, I'm going to go back to my depression hole now. :bowsette:

How would everyone feel if Ryu Hayabusa and Crash were our last fighters?
Don't care about Crash. Would main Hayabusa easily without hesitation.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
If it's Rillaboom or anything that isn't a fire starter, I won't really be negative about it. I don't want to hear **** about Cinderace and marketability when they're the same people who said Decidueye was statistically proven to be our next Pokemon character last time.

Some people have been saying Urshifu, which makes sense kind of? It's whoever Nintendo chooses to advertise for the series. Could even be a Galar trainer to mix things up if they so choose. Nintendo does love pushing Sakurai to his programming limits it seems.
For the first time In a while i'd be okay with any of the 3 starters

How would everyone feel if Ryu Hayabusa and Crash were our last fighters thus overall Ultimate's roster as a whole?
I would be ecstatic over Crash

I would indifferent to Hayabusa, but if he comes with music from other Koei games like how Terry did, and we got Lu Bu's theme and any song from Ar Tonelico I would be very much okay with this inclusion.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
How would everyone feel if Ryu Hayabusa and Crash were our last fighters thus overall Ultimate's roster as a whole?
First of all I feel like this question's been asked for over 2 years. Second, Crash depends entirely on what the hell he does as he's a fun character, but I can't see him being especially fun as a fighter. Hayabusa however is from an action game. You have to actively sabotage the character to not make a fun moveset out of that

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I would be pretty disappointed.

(Crash Bandicoot is starting to become the new Banjo-Kazooie, both are always being expected for Smash too many times. And Hayabusa due to the leaks with him as a fighter.)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
First of all I feel like this question's been asked for over 2 years. Second, Crash depends entirely on what the hell he does as he's a fun character, but I can't see him being especially fun as a fighter. Hayabusa however is from an action game. You have to actively sabotage the character to not make a fun moveset out of that
Sorry about that. I supposedly only asked that again given this is my current prediction.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Kind of okay. Crash Bandicoot and Ryu Hayabusa would be pretty cool final additions and would be the first time I'd be satisfied with the final picks of the roster... which is why Ryu Hayabusa won't be the final character.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Perfectly happy. Hayabusa is a top ten pick for me and someone I have wanted to see in Smash for a long time. Ninja Gaiden is rad, and I think that he offers a lot for a really interesting and unique playstyle. I feel like if and when he’s added, people are gonna be blown away by how cool and fun he is. Like, most people really underestimate how much moveset potential he has.

I’m marginally less interested in Crash. He’s more of a “I’d be happy for his fans” kind of character. Still, that’s enough to get me excited. I like characters with an important legacy, and Crash is inarguably a very important character to gaming. I’m also a fan of dream matchups, and the Mario v Sonic v Crash matchup is certainly a big one.

I might need a moment to fully process that that would be the end of DLC. It’s so baffling to think that the best selling fighting game of all time would end DLC after just two seasons. I seriously can’t get over that. But if that happens, it’ll still be cool knowing that this amazing game is finally complete.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Happy. Hayabusa isn't among my MWs, but I played the original NG and enjoyed it, so at the absolute worst I'd be indifferent if I dislike his playstyle.

And Crash is in my top 10, so I'd be over the moon, epecially considering I don't think he's as likely as people think right now. So overall I'd be pleasantly surprised.

Last edited:

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Ha ha ha

What if I said Cinderace was currently my most wanted. Missed out on having Delphox or Braixen when Gen 6 happened, and Incineroar was the fire starter I didn't care about so of course he got in. So now my hopes are on Cinderance. You're in good luck, though. I've been hoping for my most wanted characters since 2007 (they've obviously changed around a bit over the years. Them being Tails, Braixen, Delphox, Chris Redfield, Rabbids, Pheonix Wright, Master Chief, and Cinderace), but I've never in the history actually received my most wanted. If the pattern continues, Cinderace will most likely not make it in, so you guys will be fine.

Last edited:

warubyun

Smash Apprentice
I have no personal connection to Ninja Gaiden, and I have other fighters I'd prefer, so ultimately I'd be disappointed if that was it. Not so much if FP2 somehow turned out to not be the end, which doesn't seem so likely anymore.

I'd be fine with Crash, however.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If FP2 really is the end which it’s shaping up to be such, I guess my last hope is an Ultimate Deluxe on the rumored Super Switch

not just for my MWs, but for netcode, minor details in the base game that could be tweaked etc

while the Switch was still being developed as the “NX”, didn’t Iwata say he hoped this would be a perennial thing like the iPhone?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom