• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Nagoshi getting demoted rules.

Botching Sakura Wars revival, insulting puyo puyo players live, defending Yakuza garbage meme localization's.
Absolute ****ing clown. I dont want hear anything coming out of his mouth unless its Daytona or A new Space Harrier.
Citation please.

Pillow

Smash Lord
Yeah, realistically I think Square would get another character. As for Danganronpa, I didn’t want to double dip with Capcom. & I thought about Saber, but didn’t include her because of the sexual content of the original game & I think Sony has some ownership over the Fate franchise.
Sure, sure. It's all hypothetical anyway. If a FP3 is announced, and RFA and Resident Evil are the first 2 CP's, then I can already see the beginning of "Spirit Event Theory" being talked about for months on end.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Oh, wow, uh, has anyone seen this?

Tbh I have no attachment to AC, but... this crossover is actually kind of a huge deal, since it's a gigantic brand, too.

Boy, AC has come a long way...

(Sorry if it's off-topic, I'm just really surprised by this.)
It happened in New Leaf, too, but you had to import the cards if you wanted a slice of that pie. I might have to pick up the cards when they come out!

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Okawa died in 2001. The near bankruptcy I was talking about was in the 2010’s where Sega Sammy was doing awful and Yakuza topping charts for years is what got them back on their feet and the purchase of Atlus to go through. Nagoshi’s oversight during the last 5 years where we’ve gotten multiple flourishing projects from long dead franchises says a lot as well. You’re changing history because you don’t like the guy. You can dislike him all you want for being an asshole but you’re making stuff up to make him seem non important to when that’s really not the case.
I'm gonna need a source on this info. Sega has not gotten as bad in bankruptcy problem as the dreamcast days.

Yakuza games weren't even releasing in the west at that time. Football Manager, Total War, and Sonic were the top charters and were the only ips sega wanted any focus on.

I heavily doubt a CCO has anything to do with the purchase of Atlus. The purchase of atlus did however push sega into localization their japanses only ip like Yakuza though.

I'm pretty sure it was Haruki Satomi that made the IP revival intiative .

Last edited:

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
however he did suffer a heart attack a while back so i think it's good for his health he's getting demoted, less stress even if he is a unecisialiry mean he's still a human.

anyway Harada next please, seriously why is IDOLM@STER a PS exclusive? and why is tales of arise a non Nintendo title?
why hasn't there been a new taiko no tatsujin since 2017? no tekken switch port even though it has the top fighting franchises on it except for tekken and solcal? just what is he doing?

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
you're forgetting total war, puyo puyo, phantasy star online, hatsune miku projects and football manager.

those all probably make more money than the yakuza games.

even sega fan's sometime forget sega west exist's, sega is on the back of it's western divisions not nagoshi.
I mean I think Nagoshi getting demoted is good as well but there’s a lot of misinfo about how he hates Nintendo and how he ruined Sega floating around here that I don’t really get.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I think Sony has some ownership over the Fate franchise.
Not really. The developer of Grand Order, Aniplex is owned by Sony Music Japan. But that said, while Aniplex makes and does Grand Order, Sony owns no content from the series or games, hence characters that appeared in Grand Order first, like Scathach, Arjuna, etc, appeared in Fate Extella, which was on Switch. Not to mention there is the Fate/Grand Order Arcade game which is done by Sega and, as far as I've found, does not have Aniplex involved.

In regards to the original Fate, Sony has no control whatsoever. Fate/Stay Night is all under Type-Moon control, so Saber appearing in Smash is all up to Type-Moon, Nasu and Takeuchi.

Last edited:

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
I mean I think Nagoshi getting demoted is good as well but there’s a lot of misinfo about how he hates Nintendo and how he ruined Sega floating around here that I don’t really get.
that isn't misinfo though?

unless you would like to explain his fantastic Nintendo support over the last decade?
or maybe all the non yakuza success stories he had for the past 5 years?

there's a reason he was demoted, and it wasn't because of the glowing success he's had.

JustPlainDan

Smash Apprentice
View attachment 305107

I whipped this up recently. A potential Fighter Pass 3 with a focus on representing new genres.

Ring Fit & Officer Howard are the obligatory “current gen Nintendo reps”, but they’re also from two genres that only have one character each (:ultwiifittrainer::ultbayonetta:).

You also get two big reps (Jill/Chief) & two smaller Japanese reps. I think this would be a pretty good scenario, but I made it so I’m biased lol
Include Leon in that 2nd one, and I’m 100% on board with that hypothetical pass.

XorahnGaia

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of

Since Ryu's Fortnite face has become such a meme in a Discord that I'm in....

View attachment 305108

....Did Ryu and Chun being in Fortnite leak in the big Capcom leak?
No, there wasn't any mention of the Fortnite Crossover in the publically available parts of the Capcom Gigaleak.
For that matter, they didn't even mention any of the future SFV's DLC characters.

Shroob

Sup?
No, there wasn't any mention of the Fortnite Crossover in the publically available parts of the Capcom Gigaleak.
For that matter, they didn't even mention any of the future SFV's DLC characters.
So that just goes to confirm that we didn't know everything in regards to the leak.

Meaning that Smash is still completely on the table.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
The Atlus purchase by SEGA directly came from them being good pals for the longest time. They together made the Purikura Photobooth in the 90s which was a massive hit in japan. Atlus published a ton of SEGA titles and vice versa for the longest time like Crusader of Centy, Princesss Crown, Shining Force games in the 2000s, etc.

I cant find anything on Nagoshi or Yakuza being responsible for the purchase of Atlus.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
that isn't misinfo though?

unless you would like to explain his fantastic Nintendo support over the last decade?
or maybe all the non yakuza success stories he had for the past 5 years?

there's a reason he was demoted, and it wasn't because of the glowing success he's had.
You realize that “Nintendo support over the last decade” means including the entirety of the Wii U lifecycle between 2012 and 2017 right? That’s not really much to say. Sega’s output over the last decade has been rather dry aside from the occasional Sonic.

Non-Yakuza success stories is being rather disingenuous as well because most Sega titles of the past decade or more have not been success stories with or without Nagoshi. The sole exceptions being Yakuza and Sonic. Others have been middling according to financial reports from Sega. Other titles that have done well have come from Atlus.

Like, I said I’m all for Nagoshi being demoted cause the dude has a tendency to over exert himself and even had a heart attack because of it recently but everyone pinning stuff on this guy instead of looking at the bigger problem that Sega has had for the better part of 20 years seems like scapegoating and I don’t think him moving to a different position will mean Sega magically gets way better at this stuff. Hopefully they do and hopefully it was all Nagoshi’s fault but the likelihood of that seems low.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
New theory. It's Alpharad is a prophet theory.
In terms of ideas, he got half of these characters right, some of which weren't expected, and he'll likely get Crash right. I wonder if we'll get Eggman as he predicted or we'll get Monster Hunter instead. He also predicted Joker for FP1.

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
In terms of ideas, he got half of these characters right, some of which weren't expected, and he'll likely get Crash right. I wonder if we'll get Eggman as he predicted or we'll get Monster Hunter instead.
Alright, what the &#@$, Jacob!?

This dude bewilders me beyond belief...

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Final Fantasy VII fans have been eating real good with FFVIIR, Sephiroth in Smash, and now Intergrade. Jeez.
There's also 2 Mobile games that were announced on Twitter

A Battle Royale that takes place like 30 years before FF7, and then an Remake of the FF7 Game and it's complication games on Mobile

Square really is milking FF7. Whether that's a good or bad thing is up to you

Last edited:

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
You realize that “Nintendo support over the last decade” means including the entirety of the Wii U lifecycle between 2012 and 2017 right? That’s not really much to say. Sega’s output over the last decade has been rather dry aside from the occasional Sonic.

Non-Yakuza success stories is being rather disingenuous as well because most Sega titles of the past decade or more have not been success stories with or without Nagoshi. The sole exceptions being Yakuza and Sonic. Others have been middling according to financial reports from Sega. Other titles that have done well have come from Atlus.
i meant only nagoshi support

and im going to remind you puyo puyo, persona, phantasy star, total war, Hatsune minku and football manger exist.

Lyncario

Smash Ace
In terms of ideas, he got half of these characters right, some of which weren't expected, and he'll likely get Crash right. I wonder if we'll get Eggman as he predicted or we'll get Monster Hunter instead. He also predicted Joker for FP1.
I must say that I really like this other section he got
Not just because Reimu is my most, but also because I totaly share the "Okay but what if" feeling for Miku.

Faso115

Smash Lord
I prefer the "Etika pass" theory myself but funny internet man theory is a good second :4pacman:

SKX31

Smash Master
I'm very ignorant when it comes to PlayStation but what's the appeal? I don't know why you wouldn't just get a gaming PC since it doubles as a computer too. Xbox at least has Game Pass now. Is it just that it's less costly and requires less thought than a good rig?
A large part that hasn't been mentioned is that the PlayStation family of consoles usually have a really broad selection of games to choose from regardless of generation - in fact, while they may not have the most notable exclusives, there's almost never a shortage of games to choose from. Historically they've also been a very easy way to play DVDs / Blurays, which appeals to a lot of non-gamers because the PlayStation's not just a video game console, but also a way to play physical copies of movies. That advantage is much more blurry and nebolous nowadays though.

Another main reason is that the PS family is generally reliable too and fit certain genres pretty damn well - such as the FIFA / Madden / other sports games crowds. The sport games crowd is pretty large (as evidenced by FIFA / Madden regularily topping the yearly sales charts in EU / NA respectively), and have a wide set of tastes:

The leading choice was (not surprisingly) sports games at 89.8%, although it is somewhat intriguing that 10.2% would not list sports games as a preferred genre, given the nature of this survey. Following sports games, individuals reported enjoying shooter games (68.3%), action games (59.4%), action RPGs (50.1%), adventure games (48.1%), RPGs (46.2%), strategy games (42.9%), racing games (42.0%), fighting games (32.5%), puzzle games (26.8%), music games (25.9%), and MMOs (16.4%).
It's not surprising given that the average sports game player is a guy in his mid-20s (at least back in the early 2010s when this survey was taken). While the survey noted very small differences between PS / Xbox / PC: "The most common systems that players used included the Playstation 3 (60.3%), Xbox 360 (60%) and the PC (58%)" it nevertheless helps to explain how a person who's bought a PlayStation console can then easily hop over to CoD or whatever else (s)he fancies.

Alright, what the &#@$, Jacob!?

This dude bewilders me beyond belief...
(Edited: Poorly constructed at first, rewritten)

I know the theory is likely to fall apart at the next fighter, but damn, I kinda want to see it happen - it would feel surreal if the one who did this got FP2 right:

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Oh, wow, uh, has anyone seen this?

Tbh I have no attachment to AC, but... this crossover is actually kind of a huge deal, since it's a gigantic brand, too.

Boy, AC has come a long way...

(Sorry if it's off-topic, I'm just really surprised by this.)
I mean, all we have to do is talk about Sanrio in Smash, and it'll be on-topic.
however he did suffer a heart attack a while back so i think it's good for his health he's getting demoted, less stress even if he is a unecisialiry mean he's still a human.

anyway Harada next please, seriously why is IDOLM@STER a PS exclusive? and why is tales of arise a non Nintendo title?
why hasn't there been a new taiko no tatsujin since 2017? no tekken switch port even though it has the top fighting franchises on it except for tekken and solcal? just what is he doing?
Stupid question, but would he have anything to do with Xenosaga and .hack not being on Switch?
I must say that I really like this other section he got
Not just because Reimu is my most, but also because I totaly share the "Okay but what if" feeling for Miku.
Did we ever establish if Miku qualifies? I swear, it's always back and forth with that one...

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I’m actually in the middle of FFVIIR on my PS5 so I think I’ll check out my backlog for a while until Intergrade comes out. That **** looks great.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion

Doctor Eggman and a Pokemon rep is a superb way to end the pass iffin ya ask me!

Especially if said Pokemon rep is indeed another Pyra/Mythra Pokemon Trainer situation. Like, imagine Nintendo going "That's right! The last character is actually THREE characters!"

Eggman for his (and Sonic's) 30th Anniversary/to satiate rabid Sonic fans (myself included) asking for another fighter

Pokemon Trainer 2 for Pokemon's 25th and to technically end DLC with a 3-in-one bang!

Doctor Eggman in his Egg Pod, perhaps the Egg Walker... basically another take on the Bowser Jr "Vehicle Character". Stage would be either the Death Egg or Sonic Adventure's Egg Carrier. Either way, it'd come with AMAZING music! More Sonic music is ALWAYS a good thing (unless we're talking Sonic Chronicles).

Pokemon Trainer 2 being Gloria from Sword/Shield (the less popular Victor as an alt) with Rillaboom as the slow one, Cinderace as the fast one, and Inteleon as the "somewhere in between" one. Probably comes with a Dynamax Pokemon Stadium stage or something to that effect. Possibly the Wild Area too (PREFERABLY even) but I imagine they'd wanna showcase Dynamaxing/Gigantamaxing in the background of the stage.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
When are we gonna get Super Mario Battle Royale smh hurry up Nintendo I wanna play as Toad but with guns.
I'd much prefer New Super Mario Bros. 35. Seriously, Battle Royale can use some new genre blood rather than Fortnite blood all the time. Heck, with Fall Guys coming to Switch, give us some Super Mario/other Nintendo costumes for Fall Guys.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'd much prefer New Super Mario Bros. 35. Seriously, Battle Royale can use some new genre blood rather than Fortnite blood all the time. Heck, with Fall Guys coming to Switch, give us some Super Mario/other Nintendo costumes for Fall Guys.
I mean there was that one time with Yoshi's Safari where Mario was riding Yoshi while WIELDING A BAZOOKA and Peach didn't question it at all

View attachment 305112
ok but I wanna play as this Toad:

SKX31

Smash Master
A battle royale, EXACTLY what I've always wanted of Final Fantasy
Unofrtunately, SE is as much of a money-seeker as any other company; slapping a well-beloved franchise into a battle royal setting is no stranger to companies who wanna boost their wealth.
It's difficult to see how well it'll fare because it's in an already crowded field. Even on mobile. To writ:

• PUBG Mobile
  • CoD Mobile's Battle Royale mode
  • Garena Free Fire (in SEA, India and LatAm)
  • Knives Out (in JP)
  • Fortnite

All of those modes play like Fortnite / PUBG on a basic level, even if all five have differences between them.

That's not just to reinforce Perkilator's point of this being most likely a follow-the-leader / cashgrab, but I should point out a likely reason why they're doing that: FF7R / Intergrade are probably expensive as **** to produce, so S-E's Board probably thought that a pretty cheap to make mobile tie in that reuses a lot of 7R assets is a good idea to offset at least some of the expenses involved. Which, granted, it makes sense from an economic perspective - but again, it's difficult to say it's worth it when the end product comes off as kinda cheap and might risk not getting off the ground.

Edit: There's magic and summons at least, although it's doesn't really help differentiate this game from the already existing pack enough.

I mean there was that one time with Yoshi's Safari where Mario was riding Yoshi while WIELDING A BAZOOKA and Peach didn't question it at all

View attachment 305112
Is it just me, or does it look like Peach's regretting all of her life choices right at that moment?

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
It's difficult to see how well it'll fare because it's in an already crowded field. Even on mobile. To writ:

• PUBG Mobile
  • CoD Mobile's Battle Royale mode
  • Garena Free Fire (in SEA, India and LatAm)
  • Knives Out (in JP)
  • Fortnite

All of those modes play like Fortnite / PUBG on a basic level, even if all five have differences between them.

That's not just to reinforce Perkilator's point of this being most likely a follow-the-leader / cashgrab, but I should point out a probable reason why they're doing that: FF7R / Intergrade are probably expensive as **** to produce, so S-E's Board probably thought that a pretty cheap to make mobile tie in that reuses a lot of 7R assets is a good idea to offset at least some of the expenses involved. Which, granted, it makes sense from an economic perspective - but again, it's difficult to say it's worth it when the end product comes off as kinda cheap and might risk not getting off the ground.
Wanna know what the saddest thing is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom