• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
There's also the Chugaaconroy Let's Play theory! :4pacman:
It's weird, that guy has managed to time his **** so well that every game he covers or plans to cover gets something new, but Xeno's the only time it happened with Smash and both just so happened to be his longest series yet

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
It's weird, that guy has managed to time his **** so well that every game he covers or plans to cover gets something new, but Xeno's the only time it happened with Smash and both just so happened to be his longest series yet
So what you're saying is that I need to convince him to play the rest of the KH games (besides KH1) and climb all the way to Challenger on League of Legends, is that it?

Because those would definitely be long series. :4pacman:

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
So what you're saying is that I need to convince him to play the rest of the KH games besides one and climb all the way to Challenger on League of Legends, is that it?

Because those would definitely be long series. :4pacman:
You fool, he's clearly almost entirely focused on Nintendo, clearly, the answer is to make him finally do that Fire Emblem playthrough, especially as he's mentioned he's been stuck on Blue Lions for months

D

Deleted member

Alright, so Pyra/Mythra release in March (hopefully first week) and that's our...second? Third? Reveal two months apart? Feels like they may be back on schedule and the only real gap was between Byleth & Min Min. We may be able to expect our next reveal/teaser in May with a June release now.

2 Characters left for the Pass

So far, this particular pass has been two 3rd Party DLC (Steve & Sephiroth) and two 1st Party (Min Min & Pythra)

So what's the prevailing theory on what we've got left? Two more 3rd Party drops? Two more 1st party? Or an even split of 1 and 1?

Just to be clear, I've already got all my wanted characters in (I went in just wanting King K Rool; I've been satisfied since September of 2018) and Joker, Terry, Byleth, and Sephiroth have been various flavors of icing on the proverbial cake so far (Pythra looks like she may be more icing as well), so there's nobody I'm really pulling for to be added.

If I was forced to name one more 'wanted' I'd say a Gen 8 Pokemon, but honestly at this point so long as neither of the remaining characters are from Fortnite, I'll be supremely happy.

Just like in the past with the game's release.....and the end of fighter's pass 1.....I sincerely doubt they're going to 'go out with a bang' with the last character (but we'll inevitably have people thinking that anyway) so who's left? Both leaks that people have had 'faith' in have been laid to rest (finally) and its looking less and less likely that we'll be getting any of those named within. Who do we expect at this point?

Last edited by a moderator:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Alright, so Pyra/Mythra release in March (hopefully first week) and that's our...second? Third? Reveal two months apart? Feels like they may be back on schedule and the only real gap was between Byleth & Min Min. We may be able to expect our next reveal/teaser in May with a June release now.

So far, this particular pass has been two 3rd Party DLC (Steve & Sephiroth) and two 1st Party (Min Min & Pythra)

So what's the prevailing theory on what we've got left? Two more 3rd Party drops? Two more 1st party? Or an even split of 1 and 1?

Just to be clear, I've already got all my wanted characters in (I went in just wanting King K Rool; I've been satisfied since September of 2018) and Joker, Terry, Byleth, and Sephiroth have been various flavors of icing on the proverbial cake so far (Pythra looks like she may be more icing as well).

If I was forced to name one more 'wanted' I'd say a Gen 8 Pokemon, but honestly at this point so long as neither of the remaining characters are from Fortnite, I'll be supremely happy.

Just like in the past with the game's release.....and the end of fighter's pass 1.....I sincerely doubt they're going to 'go out with a bang' with the last character (but we'll inevitably have people thinking that anyway) so who's left? Both leaks that people have had 'faith' in have been laid to rest (finally) and its looking less and less likely that we'll be any of those. Who do we expect at this point?
I'm personally feeling 60% one from both camps, 30% two third parties, 10% two first parties,

I don't really have a reason behind this, just seems about right.

GothicSlenderman

Smash Journeyman
Ok, but wouldn't it be so cool if they ended Smash DLC with the addition of one final mode. (Yes, I know they said no more modes but hear me out)

Legacy Mode - Everyone THING is here! Fight every character, enemy and boss in Smash history. Fighter matches would be in groups of when they joined Smash

So it would be something like this...

-Smash 64 Fighters (On any 64 Stage)
-Board the Platforms
-Fighting Polygon Team
-Master Hand
-Melee Fighters (On any Melee Stage)
-Wireframe Team
-Break the Targets
-Crazy Hand
-Giga Bowser
-Brawl Fighters (On any Brawl Stage)
-Alloys
-Subspace Enemies
-Subspace Bosses
-Smash 4 Fighters +DLC (On any 4 Stage)
-Mii Fighters
-Smash Run enemies
-Master Core
-Master Fortress
-Ultimate Launch Fighters (On any base Ultimate Stage)
-World of Light Bosses
-Ultimate DLC fighters (On any Ultimate DLC Stage)
-New Final Boss that's a mix between Master Hand/Crazy Hand/Tabuu/Master Core/Galeem/Dharkon

-Choose difficulty
-Co-op Mode
-Break room returns with health pickups
-There would also be a rush mode
-Due to length you can save your spot
-A cinematic to open up and announce the mode and another for those who beat it. The cinematic will be like an Avengers EndGame like scene where every fighter prepares themselves
-High rewards even on low difficulties
-Random mode putting all of the matches in a random order
-Choose if you want Spirits and Items to be a factor
-Break Room will let you change your spirits and show you the next match

What would your reaction be if this is how Ultimate ended?

Last edited:

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
Ok, but wouldn't it be so cool if they ended Smash DLC with the addition of one final mode. (Yes, I know they said no more modes but hear me out)

Legacy Mode - Everyone THING is here! Fight every character, enemy and boss in Smash history. Fighter matches would be in groups of when they joined Smash

-Board the Platforms
-Fighting Polygon Team
-Master Hand
-Wireframe Team
-Break the Targets
-Crazy Hand
-Giga Bowser
-Alloys
-Subspace Enemies
-Subspace Bosses
-Mii Fighters
-Smash Run enemies
-Master Core
-Master Fortress
-World of Light Bosses
-New Final Boss that's a mix between Master Hand/Crazy Hand/Tabuu/Master Core/Galeem/Dharkon

-Choose difficulty
-Co-op Mode
-A cinematic to open up and announce the mode and another for those who beat it. The cinematic will be like an Avengers EndGame like scene where every fighter prepares themselves

My reaction would be "Why did they invest that much money on that instead of fixing the netcode."

For that amount of work we could probably get the code rebuilt with rollback.

GothicSlenderman

Smash Journeyman
My reaction would be "Why did they invest that much money on that instead of fixing the netcode."

I mean, yeah that's fair lol. Smash really needs better netcode or at least rollback netcode

D

Deleted member

Better Netcode
Break the Targets
Pokefloats

Get us those in the last DLC releases and we're golden.

Flyboy

Smash Hero

Just to be clear, I've already got all my wanted characters in (I went in just wanting King K Rool; I've been satisfied since September of 2018) and Joker, Terry, Byleth, and Sephiroth have been various flavors of icing on the proverbial cake so far (Pythra looks like she may be more icing as well), so there's nobody I'm really pulling for to be added.

Just like in the past with the game's release.....and the end of fighter's pass 1.....I sincerely doubt they're going to 'go out with a bang' with the last character (but we'll inevitably have people thinking that anyway) so who's left? Both leaks that people have had 'faith' in have been laid to rest (finally) and its looking less and less likely that we'll be getting any of those named within. Who do we expect at this point?
To be honest, if I had to make a wild bet, I think we're getting a Capcom rep (likely Monster Hunter) and a first party. I don't know who that first party will be - I was thinking Octoling, Pearl/Marina, or DJ Octavio, but I do think they would have saved the Callie and Marie costumes if that was the case. I also thought it could be Impa or BOTW Zelda, but with how odd development has been going for BOTW2 plus the Age of Calamity spirit event, I guess that isn't the case either.

I could be totally wrong, of course. I also think Pythra's Mii costumes will tell us a lot, as both Lloyd and the Monster Hunter armors are in danger of returning and with them their chances - and the MonHun outfits returning could also mean no Capcom character in general which knocks out a bunch of frontrunners.

That said, barring any disconfirmations, Monster Hunter fits the idea that this pass has been shoring up representation that was in base game or too late to be added to base. Rathalos is great, the WOL sub-world is great, but especially with Rise coming I can see Nintendo wanting to really hammer home that Monster Hunter is in Smash.

There's also a few tinfoil hat theories that the final character is a last-minute negotiation. Perhaps that means they're from a Switch title that hadn't or hasn't been announced yet. Perhaps it means it's someone whose negotiations took a long while, like Sora for example. Hell, maybe Nintendo saw that Sans blew up the internet and made a final sudden push to make an Undertale character as a playable fighter? We just don't know.

But yeah, playing it safe we get Monster Hunter and a first-party. This means I'll be pushing for my weird and unexpected picks, so let's get Ayumi Tachibana in here for our Visual Novel rep! Or better yet, you'll all be sorry when they announce Style Savvy Switch and add the Stylist like I've been wanting. I will take whips and stones if it means getting one of these fun, unique first-parties in this game.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
The most tragic thing about Break the Targets is all they'd have to do is make it an additional mode in Stage Builder.

Like look at this, this is quite literally a 64/Melee BTT stage, just without you know, the Targets.

It's just one of those things that they could easily do without eating too much development resources...but they won't. Same thing with Boss Battles at this point.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Speaking of Morrighan

Who was the one who argued with me that she wouldn't need to be censored to get in Smash?

If Mai flat out couldn't be in Smash, and Mythra had to hide away her badonks via a redesign, Morrighan would 100% need a more family friendly redesign to get in.
Wasn't me but I'll throw my hat anyway.

It'd be perfectly alright for Morrigan to have a family-friendly design because like Bayonetta, Pyra and Mythra, her visual design isn't a part of her character to the point where censoring ruins her.

She can be censored and still feel like Morrigan because one of her big character traits is that she loves the adrenaline rush she gets from a fight.

As for Mai... she's definitely a weird case. On one hand, she's designed with the purpose of being distracting, but on the other, the sheer jiggleness of everything is a KoF thing. In early Fatal Fury games, her sprites aren't any riskier than someone like Lyn, and even the Fatal Fury 3 artwork is surprisingly tame, only needing some modesty shots (arguably optional because Lyn Assist) and maybe cover the jugs a little more to get a pass from CERO regarding Smash content.

So CERO was definitely overly aggressive when it comes to Mai since there's precedence of her having tamer clothing and of someone having a similar outfit since Brawl.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Speaking of Morrighan

Who was the one who argued with me that she wouldn't need to be censored to get in Smash?

If Mai flat out couldn't be in Smash, and Mythra had to hide away her badonks via a redesign, Morrighan would 100% need a more family friendly redesign to get in.
???

It's only her cleavage that she shows. Simply cover it more and she's good to go.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

Because I don't think anyone who knows enough about Namco-made fighting games would trust the company when it comes to pulling off 4-player rollback.

I think Tekken 7 is their first game with a decent online, and that came from a 2020 update, so it spent 5 years with a trash netcode.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
The most tragic thing about Break the Targets is all they'd have to do is make it an additional mode in Stage Builder.

Like look at this, this is quite literally a 64/Melee BTT stage, just without you know, the Targets.

It's just one of those things that they could easily do without eating too much development resources...but they won't. Same thing with Boss Battles at this point.
With so many characters, it’s understandable why they’re choosing not to make 64/Melee style BTT’s anymore.

But Boss Battles? Yeah, limiting it to :ultsephiroth:’s Classic Mode kinda sucks, NGL.

D

Deleted member

To be honest, if I had to make a wild bet, I think we're getting a Capcom rep (likely Monster Hunter) and a first party. I don't know who that first party will be - I was thinking Octoling, Pearl/Marina, or DJ Octavio, but I do think they would have saved the Callie and Marie costumes if that was the case. I also thought it could be Impa or BOTW Zelda, but with how odd development has been going for BOTW2 plus the Age of Calamity spirit event, I guess that isn't the case either.

I could be totally wrong, of course. I also think Pythra's Mii costumes will tell us a lot, as both Lloyd and the Monster Hunter armors are in danger of returning and with them their chances - and the MonHun outfits returning could also mean no Capcom character in general which knocks out a bunch of frontrunners.

That said, barring any disconfirmations, Monster Hunter fits the idea that this pass has been shoring up representation that was in base game or too late to be added to base. Rathalos is great, the WOL sub-world is great, but especially with Rise coming I can see Nintendo wanting to really hammer home that Monster Hunter is in Smash.

There's also a few tinfoil hat theories that the final character is a last-minute negotiation. Perhaps that means they're from a Switch title that hadn't or hasn't been announced yet. Perhaps it means it's someone whose negotiations took a long while, like Sora for example. Hell, maybe Nintendo saw that Sans blew up the internet and made a final sudden push to make an Undertale character as a playable fighter? We just don't know.

But yeah, playing it safe we get Monster Hunter and a first-party. This means I'll be pushing for my weird and unexpected picks, so let's get Ayumi Tachibana in here for our Visual Novel rep! Or better yet, you'll all be sorry when they announce Style Savvy Switch and add the Stylist like I've been wanting. I will take whips and stones if it means getting one of these fun, unique first-parties in this game.
To be honest, I have a hard time seeing why they'd be able to get Rathalos in, but had to wait until the end of Fighter's Pass 2 to get a Hunter in. That alone makes me think that a Hunter just isn't coming. Still plenty of time for another Capcom rep, but I think Monster Hunter is about as repped as it's going to be.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
If Steve and Sephiroth were the extra 1-2 Fighters Sakurai was talking about if there was Extra DLC, then that does bring some stuff to question

-Ryu Hayabusa. We know Koei talked to Nintendo sometime before the launch of the game, because of the Fatal Frame Spirits and Assist. We also know that FP1 was decided sometime in less than a year since the Development team did not know about DLC until sometime around or after Janurary of 2018. It does bring into question why Ryu was not in FP1, with all the rumors and stuff

-Capcom and Namco. Why they have not gotten a Fighter so far. It's possible both these companies could still be represented in FP1, but it does beg the question
The extra fighters thinking about it were probably Pyra/Mythra and Steve, and thinking about how Steve took 11 Months ALONE, not even getting into Min Min, I'm thinking we have Steve to thank for us getting a full Second Fighters Pass. Mostly because I think Sephiroth was probably Third in line, and Min Min was behind whoever we will get (probably Hayabusa) in the Summer.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
what is the problem if morrigan needs to be a little more covered?.. she already has been in tatsunoko vs capcom, pocket fighters and marvel vs capcom infinite. all of them super family friendly games.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
what is the problem if morrigan needs to be a little more covered?.. she already has been in tatsunoko vs capcom, pocket fighters and marvel vs capcom infinite. all of them super family friendly games.
I'd rather use the golf game and children cartoon as examples, no family should suffer from MVCI

D

Deleted member

I don't see any problem with Morrigan either. Just raise her top several inches and reduce the bust size a little bit and she's good. As much as I like to joke about the 'Good girls and boys' comment, I don't think it was meant to be taken as word of law. Mai was always going to be a background character for the stage since Terry was their character option; maybe they tried to get her in, but couldn't get approval so they decided to leaver her out entirely. They may have felt that since she was always destined to just be a stage appearance that it wouldn't be right to alter her so it was all or nothing; have her in unaltered or don't have her appear at all.

Morrigan, if she were to be chosen, would just need to have her costume come up a bit higher and that's it. She's not that scantily clad and doesn't have ya ya's as....pronounced....as Mai, so there wouldn't be so much to alter that they'd feel like they were betraying the character's portrayal.

I'd post a picture of the two of them, but even spoilered it'd be a bit dicey. Mai's costume is...very revealing. She's basically not wearing pants and shows a LOT of leg and her top isn't too much better. Morrigan, on the other hand, basically just has a low cut top showing off a fair amount of cleavage and that's it. She's fully clothed and less busty than Mai (or at least appears so thanks to the outfit not accentuating them as much) so like I had mentioned above, you'd just need to raise her top to cover them completely and that's all. Mai you would need to change her outfit entirely and since that's her most iconic outfit, you'd be putting her in something unrecoginazble (at least I'm guessing that's the reasoning) and thus too much of a change.

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe

-Board the Platforms
-Fighting Polygon Team
-Master Hand
-Wireframe Team
-Break the Targets
-Crazy Hand
-Giga Bowser
-Alloys
-Subspace Enemies
-Subspace Bosses
-Mii Fighters
-Smash Run enemies
-Master Core
-Master Fortress
-World of Light Bosses

-Choose difficulty
-Co-op Mode

I just want a subspace style adventure mode back man. Smash works best as a side scrolling beat em up. Either have generic levels like subspace or themed like melee, but NO NORMAL STAGES unless it’s the side scrolling stages without the autoscroll. I need it, I feel empty without it

GothicSlenderman

Smash Journeyman
I just want a subspace style adventure mode back man. Smash works best as a side scrolling beat em up. Either have generic levels like subspace or themed like melee, but NO NORMAL STAGES unless it’s the side scrolling stages without the autoscroll. I need it, I feel empty without it
I feel you! I need another subspace as well. Though I have to think about how much work and budgeting that would take with such a large roster.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ok so now I guess I’m on semi hiatus, only popping in to give relevant news

cuz uh have I got something... concerning

Please let Nintendo buy them please... or hell, Square Enix idk

Otoad64

Smash Lord

they'll probably end up being bought by Microsoft tbh

GothicSlenderman

Smash Journeyman
I had a dream one night where the next Smash fighter was revealed to be a football player called "Madden" They're moveset was a mix between multiple sports like football, baseball, basketball, wrestling, ect. The stage was a Basketball court based on NBA Jam on the SNES with audience members holding EA and Nintendo signs with "sponsors" based on other EA games. Primarily Fifa, Anthem and Dead Space

Better than Sony at least
Oh god yeah, the last thing I need is a super serious cinematic Metal Gear reboot where I mash X to cry. Sony seems to be exclusively focused on being mainstream and with the "games are serious" crowd

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I had a dream one night where the next Smash fighter was revealed to be a football player called "Madden" They're moveset was a mix between multiple sports like football, baseball, basketball, wrestling, ect. The stage was a Basketball court based on NBA Jam on the SNES with audience members holding EA and Nintendo signs with "sponsors" based on other EA games.

Oh god yeah, the last thing I need is a super serious cinematic Metal Gear reboot where I mash X to cry. Sony seems to be exclusively focused on being mainstream and with the "games are serious" crowd
I was more concerned with the fact that Sony is far less willing to play ball with Nintendo than Microsoft is, especially when it comes to Smash Bros

but yeah that too

GothicSlenderman

Smash Journeyman
I was more concerned with the fact that Sony is far less willing to play ball with Nintendo than Microsoft is, especially when it comes to Smash Bros

but yeah that too
Yeah that's also a big concern for me as well. Sony doesn't seem to have a Phil Spencer like leader to be willing to cooperate.

Pillow

Smash Lord
Personally, I thought sub space was extremely boring. The cutscenes and idea was cool, but the execution was lacking. Smash is primarily a fighting game, not a platformer.

This is...unsurprising. Those 2 games were almost hilariously bad. Konami has been on fire for a while. There was a reason no one expected snake to ever come back to smash before Ultimate.

I doubt Nintendo is interested though. It’ll be Sony or Microsoft, if anything (which is pretty bad for Smash). I’m not sure if Konami is really looking to be bought out though. Those pachinko machines still seem to be doing well enough:079:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
With so many characters, it’s understandable why they’re choosing not to make 64/Melee style BTT’s anymore.
Well of course, but I was saying just making it a mode in the stage editor where you yourself can make courses for everyone would be a great way of revitalizing the concept without eating too much development time or resources.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

They said they're willing to license them, not sell them. Monopolies are bad and Nintendo doesn't have the best track record with keeping IPs alive. What they're probably gonna do in the future is what Sega's been doing with Alex Kidd, Streets of Rage, Sonic Mania, etc.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Something that's a bit of a drowned out story is that Konami is getting some big money on the Switch via Momotaro Dentetsu: Showa, Heisei, Reiwa mo Teiban! (a railroad based board game), close to two and a half million in sales and dominating the Japanese charts for over two and half months now.

The reason why I think that's significant is that I could see Konami doing what Capcom is now, with a lot of the AAA games being geared towards the Xbox, PS5, and PC markets while also having certain games technically multiplatform but geared towards the Switch audience. Why not have a series of smaller scale Castlevania titles harkening back to the GBA and DS series that would fit perfectly for a handheld system?

Maybe even something like that as well with its Hudson Soft properties, perhaps doing a continuation of Bomberman 64 down the road. Granted its just speculation, but Bomberman R was exclusive to Nintendo for over a year, so Konami clearly saw some value in the system's market potential, even early on.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I don't wanna be rude but I don't think a real fan of those IPs would really want Konami to be bought by Microsoft at all. I'd prefer them to make games like before, but if someone has to buy their IPs, Silent Hill and Metal Gear are perfect fits for Sony, no questions here.

Comparing Sony and Microsoft's history and output should be enough to show which is a better fit for Konami's big series. Like... Sony has been supporting them for years. They've collaborated in multiple MGS entries, they were the ones and not Konami who handled the Castlevania Symphony of the Night & Rondo of Blood collection to PS4, and... again, they have basically been supporting those series for a long time. lol

Like, I just think anyone who would rather Konami to be bought by Microsoft instead of Sony in a scenario where Konami is going to be acquired is just going with the "Sony bad give me likes". A quick look at the history should be proof enough of why that choice is not the best one.

Not to say... the core public for those games are on Playstation consoles. Yeah this would suck for Smash but I'd take new games for these series any day before Snake and the Belmonts in Smash.

In any case:

Konami is just licensing their IPs according to the rumour. That doesn't mean "they're selling their IPs" or the entire company.

And Nintendo would be a terrible fit for MGS and SH. Plus they barely use their forgotten IPs, so I don't know if I want them to have more franchises lol. Castlevania in Nintendo's hands could be a good choice though.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I don't wanna be rude but I don't think a real fan of those IPs would really want Konami to be bought by Microsoft at all. I'd prefer them to make games like before, but if someone has to buy their IPs, Silent Hill and Metal Gear are perfect fits for Sony, no questions here.

Comparing Sony and Microsoft's history and output should be enough to show which is a better fit for Konami's big series. Like... Sony has been supporting them for years. They've collaborated in multiple MGS entries, they were the ones and not Konami who handled the Castlevania Symphony of the Night & Rondo of Blood collection to PS4, and... again, they have basically been supporting those series for a long time. lol

Like, I just think anyone who would rather Konami to be bought by Microsoft instead of Sony in a scenario where Konami is going to be acquired is just going with the "Sony bad give me likes". A quick look at the history should be proof enough of why that choice is not the best one.

Not to say... the core public for those games are on Playstation consoles. Yeah this would suck for Smash but I'd take new games for these series any day before Snake and the Belmonts in Smash.

In any case:

Konami is just licensing their IPs according to the rumour. That doesn't mean "they're selling their IPs" or themselves as a Konami.

And Nintendo would be a terrible fit for MGS and SH. Plus they barely use their forgotten IPs, so I don't know if I want them to have more franchises lol. Castlevania in Nintendo's hands could be a good choice though.
I don't think being "a real fan" is a thing. You don't gotta be a real fan of the games to know Microsoft is a bad person to give game ips to

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I had a dream one night where the next Smash fighter was revealed to be a football player called "Madden" They're moveset was a mix between multiple sports like football, baseball, basketball, wrestling, ect. The stage was a Basketball court based on NBA Jam on the SNES with audience members holding EA and Nintendo signs with "sponsors" based on other EA games. Primarily Fifa, Anthem and Dead Space

Just checking, but you know that the Madden series is named after the long-time NFL announcer John Madden, right?

D

Deleted member

In any case:

Konami is just licensing their IPs according to the rumour. That doesn't mean "they're selling their IPs" or the entire company.

Honestly the only thing I would care about if Konami gets bought out is what happens to Yu-gi-oh, cause frankly that's all I'm interested in from them.

Also nice No True Scotsman fallacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom