• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKX31

Smash Master
You know, your post made me think about something, regarding the whole "troll/rage" aspect:

Which Pokémon is gonna be our Yasuo? Who is gonna be our Teemo/Techies? And how long until we get the montage videos with stupid builds? :roll:
* Yasuo / Slark levels of "Single target annoyance who gains something by attacking and can escape easily": I wanna say one of the Ghost types? Likely candidates would be either Haunter / Gengar because that seems like it'd be their schtick.

* Teemo / Techies "Annoying Joke Character that can blow people up in the right circumstances"? Pichu or one of the Pikaclones. Or Caterpie / Metapod. Never underestimate Harden. :p

* Montage videos with stupid builds: Day 1. I mean, that feels obvious. There's going to be quite a few people with past MOBA knowledge playing the game, and stupid builds like say giving Machop magic damage items or Mewtwo a blink / flash item to "double flash".

Kill all the highly speculated! More blood for the Blood God! MORE SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!!!!

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Fake. If we did get a second Microsoft character it would likely be Master Chief himself, so why would he be a costume?
Said it once, I'll say it again: they're not going to compromise on freaking Master Chief of all characters lol. Either he's playable or isn't in at all. Same thing with Sora.
You guys say that, but maybe--can't say for sure, but maybe--if (and I mean if) Master Chief were a Mii, something would've had to have happened that may deem it necessary?

Of course, I'm not denying it's likely all or nothing for Master Chief in Smash or anything. ...In fact, I probably made the above statement sound more complicated than need be.

CureParfait

Smash Ace
I have so many more ideas for costumes with songs. Gunvolt with Eternal Blue; Ori with Light of Nibel; Monokuma with a Danganronpa medley etc.

Tbf, I wonder if we’ll get that rumored Hollow Knight sword fighter with that one remix...

SPEAKING OF RUMORS.

Ah **** here we go again:
The 4ch alone makes me think it is 99.9% chance it is fake.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
There have been several costumes that have come to smash that are completely unrelated to the character they came with. If for some reason this leak was real, it would tell us nothing about the character it comes with.
Could you imagine if like Altair and the Rabbids were leaked beforehand? Hoo boy.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Second MS character in FP2, is probably what he means.
Yep.

You guys say that, but maybe--can't say for sure, but maybe--if (and I mean if) Master Chief were a Mii, something would've had to have happened that may deem it necessary?

Of course, I'm not denying it's likely all or nothing for Master Chief in Smash or anything. ...In fact, I probably made the above statement sound more complicated than need be.
I wasn't making the claim that he'd be all or nothing. He's just the most likely Microsoft character at the moment to the point where I can't really think of any other candidates aside from the Bethesda characters, who don't actually count as Microsoft characters for this pass.

EDIT: And if they make him playable they're probably not going to also make him a costume.

There have been several costumes that have come to smash that are completely unrelated to the character they came with. If for some reason this leak was real, it would tell us nothing about the character it comes with.
Yeah but they are themed enough so that he would have come with Steve if he was coming.

Last edited:

ShrimpScampi

Smash Journeyman
The one year anniversary of these reveals.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Byleth Reveal Trailer - YouTube
Byleth Recruits ...Byleth! by CherryR95 on DeviantArt

For all the controversy it may have gotten, it was, however, the last reveal we got before everything went into lockdown hell. I can't deny I at least have some nostalgia for those precious first few months of 2020 before everyone's non-online social life went to sh**. They were technically the last DLC characters that we got to experience at large in person Smash gatherings too.
It's crazy that it's already been a year since then, wow. All things considered, Byleth is near the top of my rankings of the Challenger Packs so far. Once I sat down and tried them out, their playstyle really clicked with me. The stage was alright (Gatekeeper is best stage cameo), and the music that came with them was phenomenal, even if I wish we had God-Shattering Star. Their reveal trailer was silly (Solon's "joining Smash consumes even the darkness itself" gave me a similar kind of feeling to listening to Riku talking about smelling darkness in Chain of Memories), but I found it a charming kind of silly.

It's a shame their reaction was so mixed and that discussion of them online has become so corrosive, although I understand why some people would be disappointed given the supposed pattern of third-parties from the first four Challenger Packs, only to shift to FE for the last one. To me, they're a fun and cool character with a moveset that does a good job representing both the multi-path structure of Three Houses and the weapon triangle in Fire Emblem as a whole.
SPEAKING OF RUMORS.

I doubt it's real, but that Master Chief costume is both really impressive and also a little unsettling -- I'm not used to seeing Mii proportions on Master Chief.

EDIT: oh jeez I just thought of Sans Master Chief

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Wait, if VII is the popular one in the West, then what's popular in Japan?
FFVII is still very popular in Japan. Cloud and Sephiroth are probably the most popular FF characters over there, or at least, among top 5 popular characters of the series. I don't really have data to back this info but I'm pretty sure about it lmao

As which FF is the most popular over there, probably Final Fantasy X. Every now and then I find japanese polls that usually end with FFX in the first position. I mean, Final Fantasy X was the first game in the series to have a sequel (Final Fantasy X-2).

And talking about FFX, it's not gonna happen because if for some reason we get another character at this point I'm pretty sure it'll be Tifa, who would be amazing, but I'd love Yuna in Smash. People might complain about her being "another JRPG character", but she's not a sword user. She's the summoner of the game and that alone would make for a super cool and unique moveset. She could also use white magic.

Tifa is probably the most popular female character in the series, and I'm not surprised because she's great but in my opinion Yuna is an even better character.

In the same vein as what 7NATOR did a bit ago, how would you feel if these were the new DLC?
Phoenix Wright
Lloyd Irving or Yuri
A promotional pick from Pokemon
Similarly, these are my predictions.
A Pokémon wouldn't make me super crazy but Phoenix and a Tales character is already a really good selection. And regardless of which Pokémon they pick I'm pretty sure the character would be really original, so I wouldn't complain at all.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
I have so many more ideas for costumes with songs. Gunvolt with Eternal Blue; Ori with Light of Nibel; Monokuma with a Danganronpa medley etc.

Tbf, I wonder if we’ll get that rumored Hollow Knight sword fighter with that one remix...

SPEAKING OF RUMORS.

if it was real it probably would've come with steve.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

SPEAKING OF RUMORS.

Ah so they must have leaked one of the mii costumes coming with Sgt. Cortez.

Time to split!

Time to split am I right fellas.gif

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
The one year anniversary of these reveals.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Byleth Reveal Trailer - YouTube
Byleth Recruits ...Byleth! by CherryR95 on DeviantArt

For all the controversy it may have gotten, it was, however, the last reveal we got before everything went into lockdown hell. I can't deny I at least have some nostalgia for those precious first few months of 2020 before everyone's non-online social life went to sh**. They were technically the last DLC characters that we got to experience at large in person Smash gatherings too.
Kinda crazy to think the last reveal people would be able to gather for during Ultimate's lifetime would be the most controversial one :p

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
And talking about FFX, it's not gonna happen because if for some reason we get another character at this point I'm pretty sure it'll be Tifa, who would be amazing, but I'd love Yuna in Smash. People might complain about her being "another JRPG character", but she's not a sword user. She's the summoner of the game and that alone would make for a super cool and unique moveset. She could also use white magic.

Tifa is probably the most popular female character in the series, and I'm not surprised because she's great but in my opinion Yuna is an even better character.
I wonder if Yuna would actually get in over Tidus on account of the west seeming to really freaking hate him.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I was surprised to hear about a Japanese poll last year that ranked favorite FF games and had VI above V, especially given how beloved the latter is and Kefka's excellent characterization from the former wasn't in the original Japanese release.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

SPEAKING OF RUMORS.

Fake given modding.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I wonder if Yuna would actually get in over Tidus on account of the west seeming to really freaking hate him.
I think(and hope) that's more of an exaggeration because of the laughing scene(because people somehow missed the incredibly obvious mention from 10 seconds earlier that the laughing was meant to be bad, and that people can't read context), because quite honestly, Tidus is one of the best developed FF characters.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Controversial post coming up.

I'm bored.
Build a fighter pass that's NOT for good boys and girls.

I'd start. But I'm mostly a good boy...

... Sometimes.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I’m lowkey hoping Monolith puts out Xenoblade X Definitive, for obvious reasons

And that I want more people to experience this masterpiece. YOU HAVENT LIVED UNTIL A LEVEL 65 TYRANT INTERRUPTS YOUR NORMAL BATTLE AND WIPES THE FLOOR WITH YOU IN .5 SECONDS FLAT. also, Skells.
The first part that's struck out is pretty much my entire experience with Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - I roam around for a bit, and then a giant level 60-70 boss shows up and wipes out my party in one hit. (and that's just in one of the first areas of the game) I do hope that the game gets a remaster (while I haven't played much of it, I don't want it to be one of the few Wii U games to not get a port or direct successor on the Switch), but not for that reason.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

I'm bored.

... Sometimes.
Mai, Ivy, someone from Senran Kagura and uhhhhh idk who else

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

I'm bored.

... Sometimes.
  1. Bowsette
  2. Olympic Swimming Eggman
  3. Tieless Donkey Kong
  4. Super Smash Bros Ultimate X Assassin's Creed/Fallout/No More Heroes
  5. Waluigi

Last edited:

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace

I'm bored.

... Sometimes.
I'll do you one better and make them all be from SNK as well just for the sake of theming!

Mai Shiranui, Angel, Leona (her current KOFXIV/KOFXV outfit), Zarina, Alice Nakata and B. Jenet

The atrocity that is Female Terry Bogard would be a pass bonus of course!

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

I'm bored.

... Sometimes.
  1. Sakura Shinguji
  2. Frank West
  3. Cash Banooca
  4. Chosen Undead
  5. Estelle Bright
  6. Cinderace
After all, only good boy and girls want characters that would be universally beloved :4pacman:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master

I'm bored.

... Sometimes.
1. Juliet Starling (Lollipop Chainsaw)
2. Conker (Conker's Bad Fur Day)
3. Princess Daphne (Dragon's Lair)
4. Larry Laffer (Leisure Suit Larry)
5. Sorceress (Dragons' Crown)
6. Voldo (Soul Calibur)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom