• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

7NATOR

Smash Master
So there is a Question I got to ask

When FP2 was greenlit, were there Extra Costumes that were Added to FP1 that might not have been there otherwise

I think it's accepted Some costumes like Geno and Chocobo were Saved for a DLC Pack in Pass 2 (Sephiroth)

However in the case of FP1, if FP2 didn't happen, if you combine all the veteran Costumes (including ones left to return) with the costumes in FP1, Some packs would have more than the Full amount at 6

So unless Some Mii costumes Packs would have 7 Costumes, is it possible some Mii Costumes in FP1 were added to the Mii Costume plan later on?

cothero

Smash Lord
I understand where people are coming from when they cast aspersions at Smash for its minimal POC content, but to me it seems like blaming the mirror instead of the thing being reflected.

The ethos of Smash is to reflect the peaks of the industry (as well as occasionally the whims of Nintendo's marketing team) and it does so in a pretty meritocratic manner, which I believe is fair. The issue is the playing field slants noticeably in a certain direction, making some categories abundant and others sparse. I don't believe the answer is turning away or choosing characters on the basis of skin color, I believe the answer is to equalize the playing field. Affording different treatment, positive or negative, based on the color of skin doesn't sit well with me.

But I can't fault people for wanting who they want for the reasons important to them. The problem just arises when they expect Smash to function in ways it doesn't, and are then left having trouble reconciling characters that didn't actually have strong cases, like Twintelle, not being chosen.

The answer though, isn't maligning the absence of a certain category. That won't solve things. I'd recommend picking a character that fits whatever agenda you have, and supporting that one character. And getting others on board as well. The former isn't going to do anything, but the latter is how you get characters in.

Maybe if you're lucky you can even get a cult going.
Infract me if you must, it's a joke.

Also I'm not sure Steve is a POC. Have you seen his actual promotional renders? Or the toys of him?

Min Min didn't deserve the spot because she was Chinese, she deserved the spot because she was the most popular ARMS character.
Oh, my sweet child.

If you read my reply correctly, you'll realize i've never stated she deserved the spot for being chinese. Instead, i just commented the fact that MinMin is chinese and Twintelle is black.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Personally, If Monster Hunter costume is not coming with Capcom character or Monster Hunter, they are coming with an Assist Promoted Character or RPG Character

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
you know i think people are really sleeping on Marvelous for a character, NMH isn't their only major franchise, they still have SoS, RF and recently Sakuna if there were ever a FP3 i would bet money on a Marvelous rep.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I'm late to the Ace Attorney discussion but I want to say that for a series with Ace Attorney's sales numbers, genre and style, it's a lot more iconic and influential than it would have been expected to, and it never gets credit for that. To compare it to the likes of Okami and Viewtiful Joe is really selling it short. While Capcom hasn't always known what to do with it, it's one of their few franchises that never took a break; I wish I could say that about Devil May Cry, which even after selling 4 million copies with V appears to be taking a hiatus until 2025.

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
You know why Rathalos was a boss in base game? Because they ditched Monster Hunter for a even better fantasy rep:

SHREK TAKES OGRE! :4pacman:
I... do... not... know... what to think of that! Sure, he is very famous, has plenty of moveset potential, and could fill one or more archetypes with creative development, but somehow it seems like it would open the floodgates for a deluge of characters that did not even originate from a video game. That said, it is a very strange feeling, because aside from the mentioned caveat, Shrek seems like he would fit in rather well. Dilemmas!

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Well if we're considering the character seriously, the memes (or rather, one meme in particular) about Shrek have ruined the character for me, so at this point I think the best you could get from me is a very mixed feeling about him.

I just...I don't like him anymore.

SnowClaws

Smash Apprentice
Here, hoping for:
:ultkosmos:
:ultmarisa:
:ultluke:

you know i think people are really sleeping on Marvelous for a character, NMH isn't their only major franchise, they still have SoS, RF and recently Sakuna if there were ever a FP3 i would bet money on a Marvelous rep.
Slight correction, but Marvelous doesn't owns NHM, and the franchise actually belongs to GungHo Online Entertainment starting from 2013 with the purchase of Grasshopper Manufacture. Though Marvelous have the right to NHM 1 and 2 due to being the publisher for those two games, and that is also the reason for why the HD remaster took a while.

Fun fact, Marvelous owns G-Mode, a mobile gaming company who owns a lot of old Data East ip, so they can also comes into plays when discussing for a Marvelous rep. For example, BurgerTime, Fighter's History, Karate Champ, Joe & Mac, Magical Drop, etc.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Not really, other than Marvelous! rep everyone has been sleeping about Nippon Ichi and LEVEL-5.

Last edited:

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
:ultsq from Gno

Not really, other than Marvelous! rep everyone has been sleeping about Nippon Ichi and LEVEL-5.
It's a shame LEVEL-5 will probably go out of business soon, they used to be really good before they weren't. Honestly I wouldn't count on LEVEL-5 rep, their relationship with Nintendo has fallen through, and they killed every franchise they had the only reason they are still in business is because of their eshop bargain bin sales. I honesty wished they somehow had a hit and made a Capcom like comeback but it doesn't look likely unfortunately.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Let’s do that :ultcharacter: thing for some other characters!
  • :ultsora:
  • :ultcrash:
  • :ultsakura:
  • :ultcinderace:
  • :ultkingboo:
  • :ultfrank:
  • :ultbandanadee:
  • :ultkos-mos:
  • :ultt-elos:
  • :ultahri:
  • :ultelma:
  • :ultoctoling:
  • :ultoctolingboy:
  • :ultneku:
  • :ultreimu:
  • And while he has a literal snowball’s chance in hell of happening, :ultblackshadow:

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
You know, it's real funny how certain people will disregard Namco and say it's out if the Lloyd costume comes back, but doesn't say the same about Capcom if the Monster Hunter costumes return. I think it's clear if Namco is out, so is Capcom as those costumes should have all come back with their respective companies. I know Capcom has a ton of popular characters, but Namco has a bunch of great characters too. Namco has only one rep being Pac-Man and Capcom has Mega Man, Ryu, and Ken. I mean, it's time for Namco to get another rep and we shouldn't disregard that just because some of our favorite gaming characters ain't from Namco.
I think the main difference is that Namco only had a few returning outfits from Smash 4 to bring back. Capcom on the other hand had a larger amount of them, and most of them (the Mega Man ones) were spread throughout FP1, where they obviously weren't getting a fighter.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
:ultbarista:
:ultkaratejoe:
:ultwanderingsamurai:
:ultrhythmgirl:
:ultchoruskids:
:ultchoruskid:
:ultmarshall:
:ultreporterandwrestler:
:ultreporter:
:ultwrestler:
:ulttibby:

Surely one of these is happening, correct? :yeahboi:

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Let’s do that :ultcharacter: thing for some other characters!
  • :ultsora:
  • :ultcrash:
  • :ultsakura:
  • :ultcinderace:
  • :ultkingboo:
  • :ultfrank:
  • :ultbandanadee:
  • :ultpoochy:
  • :ultshakeking:
  • :ulttoxtricity:
  • :ultamaterasu:
  • :ultcrashbandicoot:
  • :ultheavyweaponsguy:
  • :ultearthwormjim:
  • :ultoctane:
  • :ulthenrystickmin:
  • :ultdreggman:
  • :ultblinx:

Faso115

Smash Lord
I had a dream where Crash was announced and he had a challenge centered on platforming through a few of the smash maps. You had 4 lives and if you lost all of them, you lose your chance to unlock him earlier.

That would have been cool but i think Sephiroth challenge was a one-off thing

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
:ultvictor:
:ultgloria:
:ultscorbunny:
:ultdrizzle:
:ultdecidueye:
:ulthayabusa:
:ultdemifiend:
:ultsmtv:
Those are my predictions